wemoweh, wemoweh (in the jungle!)
Awkward post, but I know you love me anyways! :][html]

He had made himself a mediocre sketchbook – remnants of paper bound with twine that he had found in the city. With a piece of charcoal he had found, Pilot had attempted to draw the landscape surrounding him. He positioned himself under a tree, though it didn’t offer much shade. That, however, wasn’t one of his highest concerns. Instead, he brushed the few strands of stray fur from his eyes, and moved the charcoal across the paper. He was trying to draw the horizon, but it wasn’t turning out to be the same on paper as it was in front of his eyes.

He ripped the sheet from the book, placing on the ground next to him. That piece wasn’t working for him. Instead, he imagined Dierdre’s face, and began drawing a light sketch of the images that swirled in his head. It was looking slightly better, but it still wasn’t much done.

[/html]
[html]xD Not sure where this is set at =o

He stood behind Pilot, watching him as he took a spot beneath one of the nearby trees. Physe was usually able to keep others from seeing him...he was a ghost, of course, but he didn't know if it worked with everybody. Sometimes he thought that they could still see him. So he stood quietly behind the white male, watching him without making any noise. He was interested in what Pilot was drawing, most of all; it seemed to be a somewhat wolf-like shape.

"Maybe point the nose a bit more--and make it longer." He mumbled to himself. Of course...his not being visible would make it appear as if the sound were coming out of thin air...[/html]
What are you talking about, I totally had the location in the description all along! XD No I did not just edit it in![html]

The sound of the waterfall in the background was a soothing backdrop for the serene area to which the Storm youth had traveled to. From the height here, he could see the beautiful horizon and vast amounts of land that would soon be covered in the sun’s warm glow. Arching the charcoal across the paper, Pilot began to sketch out the light silhouette of Dierdre’s muzzle, though pausing when a voice made a suggestion.

It had been a voice that was familiar to him, but he wasn’t quite sure who it belonged to. A chill ran along his spine, and Pilot smiled to himself, realizing that the suggestion was rather accurate. He moved the charcoal the elongate Dierdre’s muzzle, before casting a glance over his shoulder.

When Pilot had first met Tayui, one of the alphas of Jaded Shadows, she had been accompanied by a strange creature. He had called himself Bandit, and he was in fact a ghost crow. It had been Pilot’s first encounter with such a spirit and he had no idea that this would be his second. When his grey gaze was cast over his shoulder, he saw the form of Physe. He couldn’t place the face with a name, but knew it was familiar. Instead, he paused for a moment, trying to realize for himself exactly what he was looking at.

[/html]
[html]

He wasn't sure what powers had brought him to the lands, back to the places that he had loved in the past...but he was glad that they had. Physe had always felt like things had ended too quickly, that he hadn't had enough time to say what he needed to say to the people that were close to him. Maybe all of this was just a dream, though, or a trick that the gods were playing on him.

"Sorry for interrupting" His smooth, tenor voice continued, as he stepped out into the open. "Pilot, right? I thought I recognized you. It's been a while"

[/html]
[html]

How did this ghost wolf know his name? Pilot had to stop and think for a moment, and set the paper pad and charcoal on the ground next to him. He grinned softly, picking himself up off the ground, before brushing bits of wet ground free from his fur. Though the other had a strange, translucent figure, Pilot could still make out the color of his fur. In this new form of life, the other seemed to be rather pale, but his memories were still stimulated. Physe. He had met the large, orange colored fellow when he had first came to Storm.

"Ahh, well, Physe is it?" He thought that was his name, but wasn’t sure if he was saying it entirely correct. It seemed to have been such a long time ago. Clearly he was dead, but Pilot had no clue about the after life. Did he roam Bleeding Souls often? "It’s good to see you again", he replied, even if the circumstances were greatly different then before.

[/html]
[html]

"Who's that in the picture?" He asked, motioning toward the pad on the ground. He could remember the day that he had met Pilot pretty well, if his memory was serving him. He'd been in a tree, with Pilot down below. It wasn't often that wolves were found in trees, so he had been surprised to find out that the white wolf also enjoyed climbing them. They both had been raised by a species outside their own.

Physe had been a leader in Storm for a short while, but hadn't been able to keep up with the duties there. He'd been too tied to Chimera...unwilling to give it up...and had ended up going to live in that territory for the last few months of his life. "You're not too bad at drawing"

[/html]
[html]

"Oh that?" He asked, glancing back towards the pad that he had put aside when he stood up. The face that stared back wasn’t quite as lovely as the one he imagined in his head, but then again, Pilot wasn’t that grand of an artist. Still, it resembled her in some ways. "It’s my mate, Dierdre Rhiannon", he informed Physe with a thin smile.

He looked back to the orange tinted ghost, wondering what it was that had finally claimed his life. Death was a weird thing, and Pilot wasn’t sure whether or not he should be afraid of it. "Did you know her?" He asked then, not remembering any time when she had mentioned his name. Little did he know that one of their children would later honor his name.

[/html]
[html]

Oops. He hadn't meant it as a bad thing--he actually thought that Pilot was a fair hand at drawing. Physe couldn't do it at all, really...just basic shapes, like circles. He did have a nice set of watercolor paints that he liked to play with sometimes, but he never really made anything that could be classified as art. Whenever he did do something that was semi-good, it was abstract.

He didn't like to remember how he'd died, or the month before his death. It had been a hard way to go, with pneumonia and that other, unnamed illness that made him dizzy and weak. It was some sort of a cancer, but he didn't know enough about medicine to tell which one. All that he knew was that he'd had the symptoms. The last month of his life had been spent alone; no one had come by to see him, and he had eventually wasted away in that cave in what was now known as the Moaning Woods. After the actual event of his death, he had been able to watch, to see who came by. Naniko had buried him, and she had told Dierdre. A small funeral and a night of talking and remembering.

"Mmm...yes. When her mother tried to commit suicide, Dierdre was taken away from her. I was already friends with Deuce at the time, so I volunteered to take care of her for a while..and adopted her. After a few months, though, she ran away. She was always running away from everything." Maybe that was too much information. "In any case...well, I know that she came back before I died. I'm glad that she found somebody to be with--she was a real treasure. How about you? Where did you come from?"

[/html]
[html]

Oh, so this was the other father figure in Dierdre’s life. Now that he mentioned it, Pilot was sure he had heard of that before. In the back of his mind he thought… hadn’t he heard about Physe’s death? He thought it might have been coming back to him, hearing about it, or maybe his mind was making up things only because of what Physe had just told him now.

"Me? Oh, well, I’ve come to Bleeding Souls from a place not too far from here. It’s south, actually, though I’m not sure of the exact point. I don’t know who my real parents were, but my adoptive mother and brother still live there. Dierdre and I actually plan on visiting them sometime." He had hoped to see them this fall, but plans had changed when Dierdre had fallen ill. It was another reminder to Pilot why they really needed an apothecary.

[/html]