endure the night for the promise of light
[html]
This is set on the same night as her joining thread. Title lyrics by Local Natives.

Alone again. Walking through the mini-city of tombstones gave her shivers. She let out a caustic whisper, "Welcome to your new home. Relax and enjoy the stench of old death." She looked at the dusty earth with dismay and wondered why anyone would bury the dead. Aquilina decided that grave yards gave her the creeps. In the future she would avoid this area of her new home...

New home. The idea hardly registered in her brain. It wasn't right without the family to share this moment. Then the shell-of-a-girl let out a harsh sigh and traipsed to the base of an ancient looking tree. It's bark was that of scabby, withered skin and its roots were thick, brown veins which the wolf-teen nestled her rump between. She looked across the grave yard and felt nothing but frustration.

There was no happiness in a home without loved ones.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Ello, ello! ^-^

Domonick stepped through the bunch of trees, entering the graveyard. He had been here a few days before, he wanted to make a point of checking up on this area, it seemed the perfect area for people to hide. He had just gotten back from a small hunt, not to kill, but for the fun, he was able to pin a small buck, but let it go. He smiled at the thought it, he snapped back into reality and let out a sigh, looking up at the graveyard, ”What do you have hidden for me this time?” he asked, speaking to himself.

He walked through, around the headstones, looking down the aisles, looking around for anything that didn't belong. He then noticed a young, small wolf. He cocked his head to the side, eying her. He stepped forward slowly, not wanting to scare her, ”Um...hello?”

He let a warm smile come onto his face, ”My name is Domonick, nice to meet you” He looked around at the graveyard, then looked back at the young wolf, "What are you doing in an old graveyard like this?"

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Mewmow! Big Grin
Her ears heard a distant voice that her brain did not fully register until its owner was edging towards her. His movements were slow and deliberate, which prevented Aquilina's synapses from panic firing. Even from a distance she could hear the placidity in his voice, and being face to face magnified his calming quality. The teen relaxed a little and sunk further into her wooden nook. Even though her smile was absent she felt relieved that Phoenix Valley's men weren't necessarily similar to their leader. She looked to the gentleman with deadpan eyes and spoke in a voice to match, "I'm Aquilina. Lina is better. This just happened to be the first claimed land I ran into during my travels ...Frankenstein just accepted me." She snorted which could easily be taken as a laugh or a scoff, maybe both.

She ran black claws over the rough root before her as she pondered Domonick's intentions. Her gaze returned to the distant stars. Claws continued to caress the root back and forth, skrrrr, skrrrrrr, skrrr... A noise that procured a calming effect. When she spoke again a certain brightness lit her tone that was previously absent, "You're the second he-wolf I have ever seen. Seriously. Kinda... weird. Anyway, it's your turn to tell me why you willingly came to this death pit." She failed to mention her brothers, but their names conjured only sadness, so she left them unspoken. Aquilina's eyes returned to the black wolf, and she suddenly noticed his brown fur glittering in the moonlight. She wondered how a wolf could be two colors at once...
[/html]
[html]

Domonick smiled as she spoke, "Well Aqu...er..Lina, it's very nice to make your acquaintance." He thought for a moment about what she said, Frankenstein? Who...oh! When he realized who she meant, he let out a laugh. "You must be talking about Jefferson!" He wiped the tears caused by laughing away from his eyes. "Yeah, he..he is pretty rough, but he's nice..once..you get to know him." He let the smile stay on his face.

He let out a sigh, and plopped down on the ground, sitting Indian style. "Why am I here? Well, I'm the Praeas for Phoenix Valley, so I'm making sure there isn't anyone here that shouldn't be. Also, I don't know why, but I like this place, always quiet." His eyes gazed around at the headstones, it was true, he did enjoy coming to this place, as morbid as that may be; but the quiet, it was calming. It was a place where he could come to think, to relax, despite the condition of the place, but maybe that is what made it so alluring to him. He simply smiled and traced the scar on his paw, a habit of his he had been trying to break, he joked around with himself, saying that is the reason it scarred, always playing with it. He looked at Lina, the gentle smile still on his face, "Well, since Jefferson beat me to it, I guess I can at least say welcome to the pack."

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]