adobe dust & weakened hearts
[html]

Arda Perrio fell upon his rump with a grunt after emerging from AniWaya's Town Hall. He had seated himself close to the entrance, close enough that he could retreat into it quickly should he feel the need for another nap. The last day or so - he hadn't been paying attention to the passage of time - had been blissfully uneventful for the old furbag. He had managed to avoid most of the meeting and greeting that came with entering a new place. As soon as he had found his sleeping spot, he had been out like a light. He had awoken only to satisfy his thirst and hunger. His limbs creaked and the throbs of arthritis poked at him relentlessly. Arda's lame leg splayed out awkwardly at his side as he rested himself down. Tired of being cooped up in the Town Hall, he had decided to rest in sight of other pack members, to watch and perhaps learn a thing or two or meet someone.

The huts of the AniWayans reminded him bitterly of the place of his birth. The sands of the pueblos still dusted his soul, and he wondered if these huts might provide more shelter than the wind-blown adobes. He wondered if terrible things went on behind the walls of these dwellings, as they had in the New Mexico of his youth. He suppressed a gasp as the memories hit him like an iron fist. Memories of Rikaiso, his beloved sister and the way he had overtaken her in the sandstorm of his youth. The way he had taken her into a hut not unlike those of AniWaya, yet made of stone. The horrors of the event still cried out from inside his heart, and the screams of newborns rang in his ears.

He whimpered softly, pressing his muzzle further into the earth, golden eyes scanning the tribe's village for any distraction. He had seen no one so far even close to him in age, and the sight of so many young wolves filled his heart with pity. Surely life was so full of mistakes that it was hardly worth living. And yet there he rested, breathing just like any other. Arda turned on his side now to take a better look at his leg. Such a position was not one he would normally like to be caught in, but shame was something the old learn to forget, just like everything else that sets the old from the new. He laid there then, grey coat embracing the soft ground below him, golden eyes still searching.

He stretched out the injured leg, wincing as it resisted his effort. How weak he must have looked then did not bother him so much as the thought of never getting back up on two legs. He was useless in this form, injured and broken. His rough paws could not hold the stone, could not shape the precious rock. All that Arda was good for was his work, and his travel. And now, there would be very little traveling in the Perrio's future. It was time to give up the old spirit, the yearning for adventure. All that Arda could do with youth now was watch it fade away.

Argh, I hope that was okay. I'm just about as rusty as Arda when it comes to roleplay.

<style type="text/css">
.table-b01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9AE9E; letter-spacing:1px; }
.table-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.table-b01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.table-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/2sb7bpv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.dump7 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c3633; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump7 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.dump7 {width:400px;border:1px solid #88315e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... edump7.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:415px;background-color:#ccd8f2;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#88315e;}
</style>

WC: 330 (2 Points) OOC: it is great, lol I don’t see any rustiness Tongue Lemme know if you are ok with the time of day it is, I didn't see anything in your post ^^

Liliana’s day started as usual, before daybreak, where she would feed and groom the horses. She spent a little more time on her Mare, but that’s because she wanted the beautiful horse to connect with her more, and she loved the horse’s company. Once done with that she fed the cow, and cleaned out the stables, it was late morning when she’d finished, and still there was more chores to do. She didn’t just help with the animals, she’d helped with whatever she could and soon it was near mid afternoon, she decided she’d get out some of her dried meat she’d gotten a while back, she was still learning how to do it, but for now she had enough meat to last her a while. As she strode back to her hut she had to pass through the Town hall, where she saw something… well different… it was a wolf, one in his lupis form… and he smelled strongly of Luperci. He was new too. Liliana stopped in her tracks and looked at him. Curious, she moved over, he was an elderly wolf, probably one of the oldest she’d seen before. She gave the old wolf a smile.

Good afternoon GrandFather. My name is Liliana.

She used the greeting as one of respect. She’d been taught that as a pup, in some wolves it would have sounded disrespectful but she hadn’t encounter any of those wolves yet so she didn’t use caution when saying it… after all it was not ever day one saw a rather old wolf, especially a new rather old wolf. She was curious by the story that this one had to tell, but she could see he was in much discomfort, and well not a very happy wolf at the moment. That made her feel bad for him, which made her want to connect with him a little more, maybe she would be able to do something for him to make him feel more comfortable.

[/html]
[html]

Arda's tongue peeked out from the tear in his upper lip as he panted lightly from the exhaustion that still fought to overcome him. The travels that had brought him this far had taken a toll on the craftsman's body, and he found that all he wanted to do was close his eyes and sleep. He knew it had been smart of him to move around, and out of the Town Hall. Fresh air was good on the spirit, and the small amount of exercise he had just received struggling out may have slowed the wasting of his weakened muscles. His ears perked at the sound of an approaching wolf and he shifted his head a bit more upright to look at her, dirt falling from the thin fur on his face. This was perhaps the first AniWayan female he had seen, and definitely the first that had approached him. Her young beauty set new memories firing in the back of his mind, but he pushed them away. Once, he had been young and beautiful. The old wolf further shifted himself, into a more polite position in the dirt and stretched his paws out with a yawn.

"Good afternoon, Liliana. I am Arda, new to this place. I assume you are AniWayan?"

His smoky voice fell out, shaky and weakened. In his tired state, the rolling Spanish accent of his youth had peeked out of its shadows to greet this young Luperci. He stretched once more in an attempt to wake himself up. Liliana had been polite enough to introduce herself and he was determined to wake himself up in an attempt to reciprocate such kindness. At the peak of his stretch, a muscle in his leg cramped and he whimpered, forgetting his audience. The golden-yellow eyes shot downward in embarrassment. It sucked to be old.

Ooh, thank you. And that's fine.

<style type="text/css">
.table-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.table-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/2sb7bpv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump7 {width:400px;border:1px solid #88315e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... edump7.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:415px;background-color:#ccd8f2;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#88315e;}
</style>

WC:341

She could see the hurt in the wolf’s face. She hated seeing others hurt, unless of course it was being used for a meal, but she never ever played with live food, she killed what she had right quick. This was different though. She could tell he’d been injured, and could tell where the most hurt was.

Please, stay comfortable, do not move on my account, may I sit? It’s been a dreadfully long morning. I was going to rest in my hut, but it seems a bit nicer out here.

The meat that had been on her mind was far from it now. She forgot entirely that she was even hungry. She was preoccupied with the new wolf.

Yes I wasn’t origionally though, I’ve only joined a few months back.

Liliana said, thinking of how she’d come here the first time. That was definitely something embarrassing.. and she wondered if other’s had heard about it. She never talked but she didn’t know about the chief. It would be a stubbornly embarrassing thing to hear about afterward though. She heard his whimper, but tried not to make anything of it. The poor wolf was elderly, and hurting, she’d at least give him a little company.

It really is good to meet you. I love meeting new faces. It does tend to mean new stories, and new ideas that cling to someone.

She said and thought… he’d surely have plenty of stories. She had yet to tell her own story… of her parents, but that was well stupid anyway, she hated remembering it even though it was one of the most vivid things she could recall. She’d yet to share it with anyone. She stood waiting for an invitation to either sit or leave. She knew she could be a nuisance sometimes, well most of the time, she was always there whenever someone seemed to move… at least that’s how Liliana found it. This place was a pretty quiet area, but she found some exciting things that happened around her.

[/html]
[html]

His golden eyes shined as he observed the stranger. Not only did she act kindly toward him, but she looked the part. Arda admired such youth, such a pretty, healthy face. He could have been this girl's father a few times over, he realized. Relieved that she had spoken so pleasantly, he moved back into his previous position, head lying sideways on the ground. His eyes remained focus at her muzzle, and he did not wish to look into her eyes. Such would not make for a good first impression, he decided.

"Of course you may sit, little one. Fresh air's good for anyone, I suppose. That's why I'm not in that town hall there."

He sighed pleasantly, breathing in deep to taste the air. He was naturally uncomfortable in the town hall. There had only been two buildings Arda had lived in before - the pueblos and an old farm he and Zeeta had raised the pups in. Both were distant memories - he remembered much more clearly the joys of being a free spirit, sleeping under the stars or in the pouring rain, never leaving the company of Nature. He waited for Lilianna to finish before speaking again.

"Ah, then you have much more experience with this tribe's culture than I. This place is very strange to me, I'll admit. From what I observed, it is most certainly not what I am used to. Hmm. A need to retire brought me here, but what brought you here, if I may be so curious?

"You may thirst for new stories, but all of mine are old. Old, and many are lost to me now. It is nice to meet you as well. Thank you for being so kind as to say hello."

He wondered briefly how ridiculous he must look to the young lady. If someone had looked upon him from a further distance and not seen the shaky rise of his chest, he could easily have been mistaken for dead in his position, legs and head spread out so. And then he wondered if he even gave the slightest care how he decided to rest. It was not worth it to worry over such a thing. Surely Arda still struggled to let go of his pride.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC:---

Liliana sat at his allowance watching him as he took his own position, and listened as he spoke. She remembered spending her first week in the town hall, until she got her own hut, but she thought the poor old wolf would be staying longer due to his injury. She smiled about her being a bit more experienced in the pack than him.

It was very strange for me for a while too. I’m sure you will get use to it in time.

It took her a little longer to answer his question about what brought her to Aniwaya. She knew why, but she wanted little of her past to come up as she’d kept it that way since she had joined.

I found myself alone, this was the closest pack. They took me in with little questions.

She said finally. She liked how she worded that. It wasn’t something for her to divulge her poor past. Her parents had always been kind it was what happened just before their death that got her worked up. Especially her mother.

An old tale for you is a new tale for me.

She said, smiling at him. It was true, if he wanted to tell he could, but she would let him keep the secrets he wished, just as she kept her own secrets, but to hear something from him, even if it wasn’t now, would have made her act like a puppy. She probably wouldn’t be able to sit still once the story started. She did feel bad for the wolf’s pain but maybe the talking would help him forget it for a little while.

[/html]
[html]

Arda flicked an ear at the sound of her voice. AniWaya was indeed strange. Though he had lived in many old buildings and huts before, he had never really seen a place where the wolves built their own. And the fire in the village seemed always to be burning. A strange use of wood, but it must have had some purpose, he thought. His rheumy eyes flashed about the other wolf, still watching her closely.

"Ah. Yes. I've seen many strange things before. But this place is quite different, I will admit." His tail beat the ground weakly. He did like Liliana. She seemed pleasant enough. Of course, he had not yet met an AniWayan that he disliked. He wondered briefly what her role at AniWaya might be, but decided against asking.

"Ah, then I shall not ask you any more such questions. Sometimes the past must fester inside us before we can let it go, I suppose. That's that then."

He noted how she had hesitated before answering, and decided that he might be better off not pressing the young lady for such answers. He smiled at her next answer, and already his mind swam as he looked for a decent story to tell her. He didn't have a lot of pleasant ones. Some he would most certainly not like to tell any of his new packmates. It would not be worth digging up old sins.

"Well, that's true, I suppose. What would you like to hear? I've got more stories than you can shake a foot at."

out of character text

<style type="text/css">
.redbath b {font-weight:bold; color:#CC3399; letter-spacing:1px; }
.redbath .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.redbath p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.redbath {margin:0 auto; width:291px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/aw2a9d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 346px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:11px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

OOC: Sorry this is so short I’ll make up for it in later post!!

Liliana sighed grateful that he didn’t press to hear the whole story, she’d be glad to tell anything before or after what happened, but the actual events, well it wasn’t something she wanted to tell a total stranger. She smiled at him thankfully and at his request for a type of story, Liliana thought, well he was young once he must have found something interesting in old human ruins?

I’ve been fascinated by human ruins, like the really big cities, I’ve been to Halifax and Toronto, although that only once… it’s quite infested with rather nasty wolves, but I haven’t seen any other cities? I’m sure you’ve passed by a few? Were they all alike? Did you find anything at all interesting?

She asked any shyness she’d have shown was now all gone replaced by wonder and excitement. She always loved hearing about humans, she had a fascination with them, although she couldn’t read. She didn’t know anything of it, she did find their buildings, constructions of sorts, and arts rather interesting if not confusing.

[/html]
[html]

Arda's eyes went briefly out of focus as he considered. It was true that he had seen his share of human ruin. He had walked the dirty, shattered streets of Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas before trekking to the coast, where he found the motherlode of human artifacts. California was where Arda had spent the most time in one place - so beautiful and diverse were its strange places. He remembered with a twinge of sadness the place where he had raised his two children, where Zeeta had given birth and fallen ill quickly in childbirth. El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles. He had managed to read the name on an ancient piece of paper. The city of the Queen of Angels. And yet, Arda had found no angels there. Only mountainous piles of rubble and wear, a true testament to the fall of the humans.

"Indeed. Human ruins have never ceased to amaze me. I have seen many magnificent places, mounds of rubble that may have once touched the tips of the skies. I grew up so far south of here and I have seen countless cities in my travels north. I grew up in an old human town. It was ancient, more so than many of the ruins around here. But it was by far not the most interesting. My birthplace is, frankly, not special to me. But... west of here, I think... And far south too. A city so magnificent, the strangest ruins I have ever seen. Los Angeles, I think I remember it being called. Overrun by dogs and strange creatures, but the ruin stretched out for miles and miles."

He paused to catch his breath, remembering. He still had many scars on his feet from where he had stepped in the old shattered glass that seemed to make the streets of Los Angeles shine in the sun - a cruel sign of glamor in a city of such decay.

"I raised children there, I think. It was a valley, a basin more like... Books, jewels, strange metals, glass that made rainbows on the ground... One in particular place. La iglesia, I think it was called... They were mountainous ruins, definitely. That was where the rainbow-colored glass was most brilliant, I think. I think it was art. The glass made pictures... I kept one with me for years - it was a fragment of a larger picture, I think. A fellow far older than me called them el mosaico. Mine was of a strange human, I think. Or I think it must have been a human, for I never saw such a thing before. I traded it for two horses and three goats, if I remember. Miraculous what a tiny piece can get you..." He trailed on, thinking it over. The iglesia, the church, was even more intriguing to him than the ruins of the skyscrapers. He could rarely get close to such strange ruins, for the glass and the metal on the ground was still very likely to scrape paws. He had heard of a wolf blinding himself in such an incident, and had never bothered to go close. But he had denned in a building with such stained glass before, and it had fascinated him.

Shyah. It's fine. Short es muy bueno. My posts are always too boring. I ramble as much as Arda.

<style type="text/css">
.redbath .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.redbath {margin:0 auto; width:291px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/aw2a9d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 346px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:11px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: lol I don’t mind them either if the other person doesn’t then Tongue I don’t normally have rather long posts with lili anyways ^^;

Liliana listened, caught in the whole story. Glad that made rainbows? She’d would love to see that. She hadn’t seen too much of the cities she’d been in. she quickly got done what she was there for and left. The eerie silence in the places… well she figured those kinds of places didn’t belong to the silence.

Maybe you’ll find a better of your rainbow glass around Halifax, it’s a city that’s near here, and I did visit it once, but didn’t have a good look

She admitted. She thought it would be a good idea to go back, maybe there was something there that would be of interest, rather than a cemetery and a dead woman, who gave her marijuana seeds to grow the plant.

Do you miss your family at all?

She asked, wondering where his said children were, she knew all children left when it came time, so they were probably settled. She was sure he must have had a pretty good life, he was such a calm wolf.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8D9839; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

Arda wet his lips after the story, having dried out his mouth a bit with all the talking. When he had traveled alone for so many years, not many had questioned him or asked him for stories. It was as if he was young and living all over again, dancing in those memories that he had pushed away so often.

"Ah, that's interesting. I may have to take a look there one day. But I think my old legs are done for good now, to be honest." He sighed softly. His wandering spirit was being killed, crucified in this tribe of AniWaya.

As his mind registered her next question, he felt a sudden coldness. Family. He had been extra careful not to think too much of Ricky or Zeeta. Particularly Ricky, and he decided that his sister be better left unspoken of. Zeeta had always been kind to him, and he regretted even now, 5 years since her death, the cold way he had used her.

"It has been so long since I last saw my family. I left my birthplace at least a decade ago, and I haven't heard from my children in barely a shorter time then that. They left me, when my mate died."

ya. I tried to shorten it a little.

<style type="text/css">
.character-b01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#CC3399; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.character-b01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:291px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/aw2a9d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 346px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:11px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Liliana chewed on her cheeks, deep in thought when he said his traveling days were done. She thought something could be done… HE didn’t have to walk something else could, thinking about her Grace she smiled.

Why not ride a horse? Their legs work fine, I can train one just for your old legs. I know a few young horses that aren’t too rowdy.

She said. It was a passion to train horses, it kept her mother’s old spirit alive. The one before her father had died. The one that showed her the secrets to taking care of a horse as well as teaching it many uses. She’d trained them for other packs all over old Canada, and had trained them for many different things, and she taught Liliana that training, which in turn she hoped to teach one of her children if she ever had any.

I see. I just had my parents, if I had any other family, I know not of where they are.

She never thought of having grandparents or cousins or aunts or uncles and she’d never asked, she had always been content following her parents everywhere.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

Arda's expression brightened up at the idea and his mind swam as he considered the possibilities. Though he was still too weak in his leg to shift, when he could, a horse would be perfect. But as he thought more, his excitement was quickly replaced by a deep sense of shame. He could not ask so much of AniWaya. He asked for too much here. A healing had been enough - a horse was far too much.

"Oh, no. I would hate to abuse all of the hospitality. I ask too much as it is. Me taking up space is already too much. And I have nothing currently to give in return."

He had owned a horse once, for all the time he had spent in Oregon. It had been so long ago now and he doubted that he would be nearly so confident now on a horse. If he fell off... He dreaded to think of being left somewhere, old and broken.

"Ah. That is the way it is, sometimes, I suppose. I was not very close to my parents. We had our problems."

He sighed softly. It was not untrue. While he had loved and cared for his parents once, he felt no such attachment any more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She smiled knowing that he’d feel bad if he just took, she would too, but if he knew how to make stuff she was sure to trade with him if he could. She knew he was a luperci, the smell of it was all over him.

Well if there is a profession that you have, that you will be able to do even with your leg hurt, I’m sure we could make a trade. Besides, even borrowing a horse would not hinder you, yes?

Liliana asked hoping if he would accept borrowing or trading, she would go crazy if she didn’t let herself move around even if she was on a horse or not. She loved wandering, if he was as old as he seemed, she knew he’d be restless already, looking at him, she asked,

Would you like me to get you some water? You look rather thirsty.

She said, feeling bad she hadn’t offered him much since she found him. He seemed worse for wear the poor thing. She’d been around older wolves, but not this long and not so close.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

eepers i keep switching tables.

Arda attempted to move his leg as he listened to her. A joint popped, sending a shot of pain up his spine. Though it still hurt, it was not as completely useless as it had been when he'd arrived at AniWaya. It had been just a sprain, he thought, but even that was almost too much on an old body. In a few weeks or so, he guessed he would be okay to get around and make himself useful. Maybe he could even travel a bit. The idea excited him more than perhaps it should have. Now that he had come to AniWaya and accepted their hospitality, his days of endless wandering were over. But still, he had seen many a wolf come and go from the village. He supposed the surrounding land was large enough for his explorations.

"A trade. Yes, I think that would be good. I won't be able to make you anything until my strength is back, though. Or I can, but it'll take longer. I work stone, you see, little one. Arrowheads, stone knives, even a javelin. I could make it for you, though I don't see a pretty thing like yourself running around with weapons. Anything that can be made out of rock, I should be able to do. Perhaps a new hoof pick? I don't know."

He thought about what he might make for Liliana. It would be nice to have some sort of job. He still feared his hands might be growing soft from lack of use. Before he began his work, of course, he'd have to find rocks strong enough to use as shaping and scraping tools. If he wished to do this properly, he'd also need to find a bone, an antler of some sort. He almost lost himself in his thought, so intrigued was he by the idea of getting back to work. When he used to wander, it had been his passion. It still was, but then it was different. He passed from pack to pack, loner to loner, selling his services. He even used to whittle wood and attempt to sell that too, though wood was much different than the stone he so loved. Perhaps he could craft her a necklace of some sort as a thank-you gift, he thought.

"I'm alright, thank you. When I need water, I'll make myself get some exercise."

He wagged his tail slightly, thinking about water. He would have liked some, yes. But he did need to start moving that leg more, before it wasted away completely. Arda could not bear to ask any more of this kind woman.

<style type="text/css">
.oldgoat b {font-weight:bold; color:#4EE35F; letter-spacing:1px; }
.oldgoat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.oldgoat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.oldgoat {margin:0 auto; width:371px; background-color:#485446; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/2a6qkc7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sadly I think the thread is dying ; ;

Liliana perked up, so he wwas proficient at something? At the mention of carving rocks she tried imagining it in her mind’s eye but she really couldn’t see how he’d do such a thing. It fascinated her.

I would love to watch you do that, I have never heard of making stone things. I wouldn’t mind a knife at all though. I have to do lots of cutting, and it is hard without one.

She said, not to mention hard to do a lot of things without the tools her mother had. She wished she knew where her mother left her working stuff. She could use it with the care she’d been giving the horses.

I understand you need some time, too. I doubt you could ride a horse like that anyway.

She said smiling slightly, he was independent, something she could respect. She did notice the wag of his tail and thought that it meant he was thankful for her asking.

So what else can you do? I’m not much of anything, I just know I can train horses very well. I do want to learn about herbs though. Enough to keep the animals healthy and all of course.

She said, she hadn’t talked like this in a while, she almost felt very comfortable near this wolf. It was rather pleasing. Maybe it was his age? She’d met many wolves her age, or slightly older or younger and most of them had given her the same kindness as Arda had. Whatever it was it didn’t matter she was hoping she was keeping him a little company.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

Haha, yeah. We can end it. Arda's due for a nap anyways.

Arda sighed softly, and yawned before answering her. He thought about the trade, wondering when he might be able enough to make such a knife. It would be a nice job. Knives were more interesting to make than arrowheads, and he liked that he would actually have to put some thought into the project.

"Ah, well, I just hope the stones around here are good enough for my use. I'll find something good enough for you though, my friend." He stopped speaking to listen to her again, resting his head against the cool ground. She was an interesting wolf, surely. He had owned a horse once before, but he had never thought of devoting himself to such a thing. "Yes. And I thank you for your kind offer, again. You are far too nice, Liliana."

He sighed again, and he felt the need for rest grow stronger. He had said more to this she-wolf than he had to anyone since Zeeta had died. It was strange to exercise his voice in such away, and the wolf feared he had been too stiff or awkward all along. He was glad though that Liliana had kept him company. He was not used to such kindness.

"Don't say that about yourself. At your age, you can be good at anything. Your talent with the horses must be more of a gift, from what you've said. A most admirable one, I might add. It's old, smelly men like me who can't do anything. If my hands had wasted away like the rest of my body, I would be no more than a talking vegetable. Working stone and wood is almost all that I can do now." What a boring life he led, he thought, when the only things that interested him anymore were silly rocks.

<style type="text/css">
.oldgoat b {font-weight:bold; color:#4EE35F; letter-spacing:1px; }
.oldgoat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.oldgoat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.oldgoat {margin:0 auto; width:371px; background-color:#485446; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/2a6qkc7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:--- OOC: aww <3 using different tables :3

She let him talk, not feeling a need to interrupt him in anyway, and smiled as he finished.

Here now, you won’t be useless for long I’m sure of it. I think you’ll do fine, we all need tools to work with and if you still know how to make them, you’ll surely be one of the most useful wolves ever. I am very proud of my job. I don’t’ sell myself short. I know how much work it takes, I just like learning new things.

That had been the most she’d ever said to anyone in one go. She felt her stomach growl after she said that and gave the wolf a sheepish grin, she’d need some food soon, her stomach was protesting her idle talk. She blushed at the sound, thankfully she knew the other wolf couldn’t see it.

Sadly it seems my belly is having disagreements with my visit. I’m afraid I’m going to have to satisfy it.

She said sheepishly, smiling at Arda. She knew he would understand but she needed a little reassurance.

<style>
.lili-horse1-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse1 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse1 b {color:#554531; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-border {width:322px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]