With Tender Feet
She had been remaining in her shifted form since the accident now wanting to use her paw at all. It did make taking care of the horses a little more difficult but it seemed the horses took it easy on her knowing she was hurt. Adonia hadn't seen Domonick much since then. He had big responsibilities now, and she had more work as well. Not only was she caring for the horses she was also having to familiarize herself more with the pack land and the members. However, there were very few members anyhow, but with such a large amount of land, they seemed scattered and hidden. It wasn't easy trying to befriend the scattered members. Today she was taking a break and spending it at the stables as she sat on the fence holding her tender pawlike hand and looked at the large scab that had formed. It was healing, but it was taking awhile since it was such a deep and large wound.

Her eyes looked up as she looked to the horses watching them play in the field, a few just grazing. She had just finished giving them all fresh water and grain. Now it was time for them to be free and relax. Sometimes she wished she could be a horse. Life seemed so easy and not so complicated. Granted life wasn't that complicated, but still she was so shy and quiet at times that being sociable was hard, and she was afraid that she was bugging everyone by hunting them down to get to know them. What if she ran into a mean member and he didn't want her to pester them? They might attack her! The thought of being hurt scared her. Already, this hand injury hurt and was being a pain. She'd spent days in this form because of it. It was easy to be two-legged than four when she had an injury like this. She cursed her clumsiness.
[html]

Domonick let out a long sigh, he had been spending the majority of his time either patrolling, hunting, or learning about certain parts of the pack lands. He scratched the back of his head. He decided to finally take a break, he figured that a few hours of just enjoying the day wouldn't hurt anything, if it did, he would make sure that he fixed anything that were to happen.

As he wandered around, he made his way to the stables, he smiled, he hadn't been here for a long while. As he looked up, he noticed someone sitting on the fence. He cocked his head to the side, trying to figure out who it was. After a moment he smiled. He waved and let out a yell, trying to get her attention, "Adonia!" He hadn't seen her awhile, he had been so distracted with other things, his time was completely gone from him. He felt bad about it. He took off up to where she was sitting, smiling. He stopped running and walked up to where she sat, he leaned on the fence, "Long time no see."

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
His eyes continued to watch the horses as they did their thing, frolicking, grazing, and dancing about. The silence and peace was nice to be around, it was zen. She nearly closed her eyes as a breeze cut through the air allowing the fresh morning scent rush into her nose. It was nearly at this time she heard the voice cut through the air saying her name. Her eyes shot open as her ears turned back. She recognized the voice, it was sweet Domonick. Turning her head she saw him flailing about like a fool and she couldn't help but giggle. As he came to her side leaning on the fence she smiled more, "I know, right?" She mewed as she turned her body to straddle the fence. Leaning forward she propped herself up with her good hand, "So what have you been doing?" She asked curiously of the chocolate black male. Her other hand rested palm up in her lap.

She looked him over, it seemed he had been doing a lot she could tell by his body, he looked like he was getting more toned and he seemed a lot more peppier. Perhaps it was just her imagination, either way it did show in his eyes and body. Honestly, she was tired of all this walking all this movement. It was wearing on her, she was tired. Perhaps she pushed herself too hard, but she had been walking all of the pack lands, so much she had probably gone over them three times or so. She surely was getting to become very aware of the land, so taking one day a little lazy wouldn't hurt, right? Well, she'd find out if it did.
[html]

Domonick smiled as he heard Adonia speak. He watched the horses in the pasture as he spoke, "Nothing much, just got through with patrolling. I decided to take a break, I figure it wouldn't hurt anything." A small breeze rustled his fur. He looked up to the clouds, thinking about the different shapes each one.

He looked up at Adonia, "How about yourself? Is your cut doing better?" He motioned his head towards her injury. He couldn't stand it when people he cared for were hurt. He felt miserable about it. He let out a cough and continued to look at all the horses, the grass. He couldn't believe that he had come this far in the short amount of time he had been here. Everything had gone by so fast, it almost seemed unreal to him. He closed his eyes and smiled as all the thoughts filled his head.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Her eyes too rested back onto the horses before looking back to him when he once again spoke, "...patrolling seems hard...I know it is hard to get into contact with all the other members...I only know you, Jefferson, and I recently meant another...aw! And I can't even remember his name, that and I wonder whatever came of Pontiac, I never see her anymore." Her ears went back as she mentioned the older female, "Last time I saw her was at the library in Halifax.." She let out a small sigh as she looked to her paw which he mentioned. It appeared he looked a little sad about it. She laughed and pushed him with her good hand, "Hey...I wouldn't worry about me, it's healing just fine, cowboy." She said joking with him.

She looked to her hand then showed it to him. It was still a scab, but it was obvious it wasn't nearly as big as it was. "See?" Her eyes looked into his with a smile, before she leaned over to him and kissed his cheek, [/B]"Thanks for caring."[/B] She said as she withdrew from him, her cheeks growing a little warm from being so bold, but she wanted to kiss him. She also wanted to hug him. The husky/wolf had missed seeing him. It had been too long since last they saw each other. She remembered last they talked, he seemed quite upset by Tannin. Frankly, she didn't trust the male, but he didn't seem too bad but she feared he how he was with Domonick. She almost wondered if Domonick was upset with her for wanting Tannin to carry her back to the packland. It was old news, so she didn't want to bring it back up and ask him fearing it would upset him.