A Breathe of Fresh Air
1. Character Name: Wonder
2. Character Birthdate (including year): May 31, 2008
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: My wolf is a luperci
4. Species: 100% grey wolf
5. Gender: My wolf is a female
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): pm for email address.
7. Currently played characters: This is my first character
8. How you found 'Souls: I found it on a questions forum on google while looking for a newbie friendly wolf rp site

OOC- sorry if i didnt do something right or messed it up, im a complete newbie, so please correct me Smile

Initial post - In Character

Wonder lifted her head and sented the wind, she caught a small whiff of strange wolves. Wonder wagged her tail joyfully. Finally! she thought to her self, a pack! Turning in the direction of the sent she trotted towards it, moving silently, not making a sound as she learned so long ago to do. She had travelled a long ways for a long time, wandering the earth, doing her own thing. But recently she had grown lonely, wishing for the company of others. And just a few months ago she had started on a journey, this time with purpose.
As wonder approached the the border she smelled the ocean. She wagged her tail a little at that. She loved the ocean. When she was close to the border but not to close be disrespectful she lifted her head and howled, hoping someone would come soon. But she didnt mind waiting to much. Patience was one of her talents. She positioned her self submissively, lowering her head and ears and putting her tail between her legs, she waited.
[html]

Hey and Welcome to 'Souls! I'm Libri Big Grin and don't worry; we like newbies and your info + post looks good to me!

With the fresh breeze slithering through the colour speckled land of summer, one could always taste a hint of salt sea in the air. It was part of what made these lands home. Lately it seemed like a number of wolves had decided the same, for Dahlia’s numbers were steadily rising again. It was a relief for the young alpha to see, for he had feared that the pack would die from the damage that had been dealt during the war. Haku had done his best to ruin—to finish what he had started, but Dahlia de Mai had prevailed.

A call for the pack rose from the borders and the response was immediate. Conor Soul’s golden form moved over to the outskirts of the Dahlian lands and found the female politely waiting by the marked up pack borders. She was a stranger of appearance as well as scent. She smelled of loneliness and solitude. He knew that he could never fully adjust to a loner’s life. He had too much here to let go of. He was the pack and its members, and without them he would be nothing but an empty breath sweeping across vast lands without a purpose.

”Greetings, stranger,” the gold and cream hued male spoke softly, white tipped tail dancing slowly behind his four legged form. His form held traces of dominance, but he was not a traditional leader, and so he more often than not chose to not display too much of the power he possessed as Dahlia de Mai’s leader. ”I am Conor Soul of Dahlia de Mai. What do you need?”

Table by Veronica
[/html]
Wonders wait was not long at all. Soon Wonder heard an approaching wolf and looked up with her eyes, keeping her head down as the wolf came toward her. He was a golden wolf with cream colored hues. A male that looked relaxed enough, but still had dominance about him. Wonder was relived to see his tail move slowly. This was not an overly aggressive wolf and for that she was glad. "Greetings, stranger." He said. ”I am Conor Soul of Dahlia de Mai. What do you need?”
”Hello Conor Soul of Dahlia de Mai, I am wonder, a lone traveler looking for a home and I wish to join your pack.”. She was growing more nervous and tucked her tail closer to her milky brown stomach. She new how important this was and desperately wanted to make a great first impression.
[html]

--

Ears perked as she spoke, revealing name and purpose at once. Wonder. A simple word yet a beautiful name to hold. Her appearance dimly reminded him of the Koios siblings that once had lived in these lands. Unfortunately they had all gone, even the one that had conquered his heart. He gave her a court nod, his smile continuing to linger on his lips. He was not unaware of the submissive signals within her delicate form. It was normal to be nervous, especially when so much seemed to be at stake. He wouldn’t know of course, for he had been born into this pack and knew no other form of life than that of a pack life. ”A pleasure to meet you, Wonder.” And it was—he always appreciated meeting new faces, and while the pack did not really have a dire need for new blood, he would not turn away those who sought sanctuary.

”Dahlia’s lands are open to those who seek a home,” he said quietly, seeking to soothe her nervous form. ”Could you please tell me a bit about yourself? What can you offer Dahlia?" While he did not openly pursuit the qualities of the newcomers straight away, he liked to get a general idea of the soul by the borders before granting access and membership.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
The Golden Wolf gave her a nod and then said ”A pleasure to meet you, Wonder.” Wonder noted his sincere tone. ”Dahlia’s lands are open to those who seek a home,” he said, then asked ”Could you please tell me a bit about yourself? What can you offer Dahlia?".
When she heard that first sentence and his kind tone she relaxed a little but made sure to keep her posture submissive. ”I am two years old and come from farther south have been a loner all of my life. My mother and father were both loners and I was the only puppy of the litter and lived a good life for the first six month of my life as my parent only had one to feed and were both exelent hunters. But soon after my parents taught me all they could I became restless and left them to find adventures of my own and have wandered ever since. I am very stealthy and I’m good at tracking game and other animals. I am very fast and good at hunting. I am eager to learn new things though.” Wonder desperately hoped he approved of her skills. She knew it wasn’t much but her stealth and hunting abilities were all she had to offer. But she was an eager student too, and loved to learn new things.
[html]

--

Some wolves were somewhat reluctant to allow strangers to get an insight in their lives. She revealed what seemed to be worth mentioning, and for what it was worth, he appreciated her honesty and willingness. So she had been amongst loner for all her life. For some that was a good enough life, though he knew that it was not for him. She knew solitude and how to take care of herself. Her figure was also a proof of this, and she could no doubt fend for herself. That was enough for him to know that she would do well here. Dahlia did not require much from their members. All he wished was for them to know home.

The young male nodded in approval of her words, pleased with what she had told him. ”Your skills are certain to be of use to the pack,” he said, voice genuine. The wolves with families would appreciate some assistance with hunting. Perhaps this female could turn out to be a future Jager. ”If you wish Dahlia de Mai to be your home, then we’d be happy to have you,” he continued, allowing her to make the final decision. This had been slightly rushed, but he did not require too much of joining souls. He could not get to know a member with demanding questions by the borders. Those who remained with the pack proved their loyalty, and those who found that this was not the right place for them simply left. That was how it always would be.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
OOC- Sorry for taking so long with my posts. It was really late my time and I couldn’t stay on.

Wonder almost couldn’t believe it when the male Wolf said ”Your skills are certain to be of use to the pack.” ”If you wish Dahlia de Mai to be your home then we’d be happy to have you.” Her tail wiggled joyfully under her stomach. Yes! He had accepted her and her skills. But she noticed how he had still left the final decision up to her. She had lived alone for so long, she knew it would be hard adjusting to pack life, but it was what she wanted. She wanted to be able to have a pack that she would belong in and to have a place she could call home.
So with certainty, Wonder stated ”Yes, I would like very much to make Dahlia de Mai my home, if Dahlia de Mai is willing to accept me.”. Wonder still had her submissive pose, but inside she danced for joy and her eyes shown with happiness she had never quite felt before. She realized she had never really been happy before. Content usually, but not happy. The thought made her smile a little with gratitude and joy and her tail brushed her back legs.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

and thread done! We can pretend Conor took her on a short tour after thread end so that she could get an idea of her new home if you want? Smile

His golden tail waves pleasantly behind his autumn kissed form. He adored the joy that often sprung forth when he let strangers know that they did not have to search for a home any longer. It was a strange power to possess; to be able to provide wanderers with a home if they so wished. He did not know what it was like to be in their shoes, but all that mattered was that he could bring smiles to their faces. Whether this was for her would remain to be seen, but he believed that every soul should be given a fair chance. There would be no judges if he one day found her scent missing from the lands. People came and went, that was how it always would be.

A content nod was given by the male as she insisted that this was something she still wanted. ”Welcome to Dahlia then, Wonder,” he replied softly, lavender hues glittering amongst cream and cinnamon. The young Soul male turned and took a few steps beyond the invisible line tracing the pack’s territory. He turned slightly with a smile on his face to encourage her to follow. He usually took the newcomers on a little tour after they had been accepted, though this was up to the fresh individual to decide. Either way a new world had opened for the earthen coloured female. She seemed like an individual that would fit well here.

Table by Veronica
[/html]