Stained Glass
[html]

indent Melisande looked up at the sky, suddenly realizing that it was getting dark rather quickly for how early it was. She gave a little sigh and studied the puffy clouds. Almost as a reply, a raindrop landed directly on her black nose. She shook her head with a playful snort, and looked around. Soon enough it would be pouring, and then it would be evening. It would be dark and raining, possibly even storming. Although she didn't mind the occasional walk in the rain, she was close enough to the old human buildings that she felt she didn't need to. She found refuge in the little church, and sat down, shaking her coat off, and wondering if anyone else was around. It was eerily quiet inside, so she let the door hang open and the sound of the rain come in. She went to the front pew and laid down on it, looking up at the stained glass.

[/html]
[html]

She was having trouble lately distinguishing between wrong and right. Was it right to give a wolf herbs to prevent an unwanted pregnancy? Was that really murder? The humans had debated this issue so much in the past, and she'd read many of the debates in her old magazines. Both sides of the argument made good sense. And...well, the wolf that had come to her for the herbs had been a good friend of hers. She hadn't asked any questions, had only given the Storm wolf what she wanted.

Naniko was in the city to seek out more answers to the problem...maybe some more information that would shed a bit more light on the situation. The rain was completely unexpected, though, and when it started to come by she, like Melisande, sought out refuge from it. She didn't enjoy being wet at all.

When the door clicked shut behind her she looked around the place, her eyes adjusting to the semi-light of the place. "Hello?" She asked, a bit hesitantly.

[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande just laid for a moment or two, looking around quietly, listening to the sound of the rain battering gently at the windows. It was nice to listen to the rain and stay dry at the same time. Not that there weren't quite a few leaks in the roof of the building, but that was all the same. Melis was in such a trance by the time another entered that she jumped a little bit as a sudden "Hello?" rung through the building. It wasn't loud, but it was loud enough to break the gentle cycle of rain in her ears.

indent She sat up, and looked over the back of the front pew. She nodded her head in a welcoming manner. "Hello there, I didn't here you come in." She was pretty sure that she knew this female, but wasn't positive where it was from. She shrugged it off, and asked another question, trying to make some nice conversation. "Are you escaping from the rain too?"

[/html]
[html]

"Yeah" She admitted, grinning. She looked toward the source of the voice, finding one of the Sadiras at the other end. She had met Melisande before, when the girl had first rejoined the pack, and was glad to see her again. It was odd, though, as most of the time when she came to the city she didn't find any others. Especially not anyone from Clouded Tears. Naniko had no particular ties to this church, only knowing that her adopted father had enjoyed coming here when he had been alive.

"It's good to see you again, Melisande. How have you been doing?"
[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande was glad to see someone who recognized her. At first she wasn't sure which of her pack members it was, but then decided it must be Naniko. Her last name was D'Angelo, wasn't it? She wondered briefly if there were more of that family in the Tears homeland than there were Sadiras now. It was probably about even.

indent "Nice seeing you too. " Not knowing what else to say, Melisande blurted out what was on her mind, since the only alternative was the weather. "Are you related to Ahren? He's a D'Angelo isn't he?"

[/html]
[html]

you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

If there was one thing she couldn't stand, it was being wet or cold. She just felt uncomfortable that way...usually if she got wet she tried to get dry as fast as possible, by starting a fire. Even in the summertime, when it was hot enough outside for it not to matter, she disliked being wet.

"Not Ahren, but his son Jasper's a relative of mine. I'm related to Misery and her sister...her sister is Jasper's mother." She explained, her tail moving back and forth in a friendly manner. "They're really all that's left of the family...we sort of died out here, for a while. But there's also Selene...she's my blood-related sister. She lives in Storm." She grinned. Naniko came a little closer so that she could talk to her. Her head felt a little funny today...sort of swimmy. She'd noticed it earlier, but had dismissed the feeling as tiredness. As she stepped toward Melisande the feeling increased, and she stumbled a little, falling forward. "Ooh!"

[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande listened as she explained her family lines. She loved to try and figure out who she was related to and how, and thought everyone's families were interesting. She was pretty sure she'd met one of Misery's other pups a long time ago... wait, wasn't that Samhain? She shrugged, wondering if she was making things up in her head again. But she missed her playmate of youth, suddenly. She opened her mouth to explain that she had a huge family and found new relations every day, but Naniko released a little "ooh!" before stumbling forward.

indent Melisande reached out to catch her, but she'd already managed to steady herself. She motioned to the pew. "You had better sit." Melisande looked around, glad it was raining. She would be able to get the female some water. But first she'd find out if that was even necessary. "Are you alright?" She asked simply, hoping to be able to pinpoint the problem here.

[/html]
[html]

you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

She hadn't been sleeping very well lately, not since Conri had come back. He was often plauged by nightmares that made him call out and move around in his sleep, and it often disturbed her, waking her up. It didn't happen every night, but it happened often enough for her to feel tired most days. "You're right." Naniko sat down, holding her head. She'd been so busy lately. This was actually one of the only times she had slowed down in the entire week.

"I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I've been feeling kind of tired. I probably shouldn't even have come all the way out here"

[/html]