Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered...
[html]
Character Name: Pippa Haskel
Character Birth-date: April 10th, 2008
Luperci: yes
Species: Parts German Shepard and Alaskan Malamute, half wolf.
A secondary form of contact: KateTwoPointOH (aim)
Currently played characters: First Character
How you found 'Souls: Referred by Meghann
Word count: 500+

The tired female had been wandering for weeks, trusting her gut to lead her to what she sought. It was mid-day, the sun shone high, and she didn't know how much longer she could keep up this pace. The pack slung across her back had begun to feel as though it weighed a ton, even though it merely contained a few herbs and a book she'd managed to collect on her dismal travels. It didn't help that it fit rather awkwardly while she was in her lupus form. Lolita had to be out there somewhere near, waiting for her. She slowed as she came into the distinct scent of pack claimed lands. Her heart jumped into her throat. She couldn't help but feel that this may be where her sister had made her home. She'd been so many places already, this was it. It just had to be. She just couldn't fight the distinct feeling that Lolita was near, had she really finally found her?

Pippa approached the border, careful not to cross and set to trying to look as non-threatening as possible, lowering her tail and ears in an attempt to become the picture of respect. After waiting a few moments, she cautiously gave a howl to see if she could get anyone's attention. She began to anxiously fidget, her mind racing. The thought that Lolita might be here was almost too good to be true, and it made her nervous. What would she say after nearly two years? Would Lolita still even care about Pippa after all that had happened? Had she been terribly lonely while they were separated? She cringed to think that she had come all this way just to be rejected, but there was no turning back.

Not that i have anywhere to turn back to, anyhow, Pippa thought sadly to herself. She tried to push rejection from her mind, she'd come so far and lost so much already. She couldn't be defeated by a fear with no real grounds. Lolita loved her still, she had to. None of this was either of their fault, Pello was to blame.

She grimaced at the thought of her brother. He was still out there somewhere, probably looking for her. During their "adventures" she'd managed to learn all she could of herbs, and medicine. Pello had let her, only because he thought it would be advantageous for him. She had even learned how to read to an extent, she wasn't the best but she got better as she kept at it. In the very book she carried now, in fact, was the recipe for the "Sleeping potion" she'd used to knock Pello out so she could finally claim her freedom. He'd probably been asleep for a solid day, and he was definitely furious. She thought of the various scars she had hidden under her fur, and suddenly regretted having not killed him when she'd had the chance. Lolita would have to forgive her for that. With Pello still out there Pippa hoped even more that Lolita was here, safe in pack lands, and that she herself would be soon as well.

<style type="text/css">
.pippaeye b {font-weight:bold; color:#321523; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.pippaeyeooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;color:#321523;}
.pippaeye p {text-indent:20px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:10px;}
.pippaeye {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#B86B63; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leeyes.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #321523; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Verdana; font-size:11px; color:#5E2136; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]
[html]
=D yay! 700+ words.

Each morning that she woke recently had been spent violently losing the contents of her stomach. Lolita did not understand why she had been getting so terribly sick as of late, but she was not enjoying it. She was certain she had only come down with something that put her under the weather, or at least, she had been for the first few days. Now, it had been going on for about two weeks, give or take a few days. Not even smoking had been able to ease the sickness she felt, and Lolita had stopped using. Dimly in the back of her mind, she was worried that this would affect her negatively and that her body would begin to decay soon, but she did not want to worry about that. The Monroe woman was more concerned with the fact that she was feeling so sick, but she could not stop herself from eating more than she normally would. Nothing about the situation made sense to her, and Lolita was growing more and more miserable with each passing day, her physical condition exhausting her.

Dragging herself from beneath the tree she had considered home for such a long time now, Lolita draped the faded and worn leather bag over her shoulder. She had not been comfortable leaving it out in the open for any period of time, so she tended to bring it with her whenever she left the pack's territory. The dead woman tended to spend a lot of time outside of the pack's territory, though she did not do much with herself regardless of where she was. Jade eyes stared out in front of her, and she began to dread her decision to go to the house in the city today. It was not as far of a walk as it could be, but her body was so fatigued for no reason. It was an intimidating thought, the distance between herself and the house she had in Halifax.

She began the trek away from her tree, her movements sluggish. Lolita was tired, but she had already determined herself to going to the house in the city. She was realizing it would be cold in a few months, and considering how sick she had become lately, she had resigned herself to gathering the few blankets that had been left in the house back in the days of humans. She had never been one to enjoy the human way of life, and she still did not, but she could not deny that she would need warmth when it got cold. Her fur was thinner than the average wolf's, and her build was naturally smaller. Winters had always been cold for her, even back in the pack she had been born into. Truthfully, it was even colder there, but she wanted to make sure she kept warm when Dahlia de Mai was covered in a thick layer of snow.

The borders were coming up, she knew, but Lolita slowed. The hesitation was subconcious, but as she approached with a few more tentative steps, she understood what had stilled her haggard body. Jade eyes widened, staring at the woman—no, vision, she could not be real—yards away from her. Pippa was there, but she couldn't be real. "Pi...ppa?" she asked, though the words came out in hardly a whisper. She couldn't be real. Lolita had wanted this for so long, but now that it was standing right in front of her, she did not know what to do. The leather bag fell from her shoulder, its long strap falling over it almost protectively. Lolita stood still out of shock. She wanted to run. This was not real, it was only something she had dreamt of and now the world was taunting her. Pippa had found her?

She let out a startled cry, crumbling to the ground beneath her, landing on her knees. Lithe hands sought for balance on the warm ground beneath her, fiery red hair falling in front of her face to hide her from sight. Tears sprung to her eyes. This was something she had wanted for so long, but she did not know how to react. She closed her eyes tightly, willing the world to become real. Finally, she lifted her feral gaze.

Pippa was still there.

<style type="text/css">
.laliface b {font-weight:bold; color:#976D4C; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.lalifaceooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;color:#976D4C;}
.laliface p {text-indent:20px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:10px;}
.laliface {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#FAEAC7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leface.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #976D4C; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Verdana; font-size:11px; color:#CBB08B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
Table by Me!
[/html]
[html]
Word count: 500+

Pippa kept her gaze low, still waiting for any sign of someone to wander her way. Her mind began to drift, thinking of the old days. Back home, when her mother still lived, she had known happiness. She remembered first discovering the warmth of Lolita's fur, the first time she saw love in her eyes, and then she called to mind that fateful day they spent their last precious moments together sprawled on the ground, wrapped in love and adoration. Her heart ached as her mind , without her consent, flashed to that last view she got of her precious Lolita laying cold and injured on the ground.

"Pi...ppa?" At the sudden whisper of her name Pippa's head snapped up, and for one divine moment the world ceased to turn. Lolita. It was Lolita. She had changed since the last time Pippa had seen her, there was an odd red marking on her forehead and her mane was dyed a flamboyant red, but she smiled lightly to herself knowing that she wouldn't have expected anything less.

Pippa's heart dropped for a moment as Lolita cried out and fell to her knees. Crystalline eyes filled with worry as she ran forward, forgetting the rest of the world.

"Loli? Lolita! Are you alright?" She cried, trying to nudge aside fiery strands of hair to find the deep jade eyes she had so longed to see for these passed months. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I never meant to leave you for so long! I've thought of you every day, every minute, I've missed you so much... I..." She began to trip over her words as they devolved into hysterical choked sobs.

It was her! She was here! This was no dream, no nightmare that would soon end in her precious Lolita fading to black. No, she was truly here in front of her. Her long mane, her tear filled eyes, her soft creamy fur. All of her fondest thoughts and dreams were before her now, in all of their glory. As her mind began to calm down, and she finally found the ability to breath once more Pippa realized the disadvantages of their different forms.

"Hold on Loli," she said backing away a step, "I'm just going to change. This may take a bit... i haven't done it since that day." She closed her eyes, concentrated on the change, and slowly it began to flow through her. Her limbs cracked and reformed, elongating at what looked to be an excruciatingly slow rate. Her paws began to form into fingers, and her long rusty red man began to flow past her forming shoulders to her mid back. She took a breath, as it ceased, and immediately moved to get closer to her Lolita, never wanting there to be space between them again.

She moved to run her fingers through the hell-flame red hair that she had already so come to adore."I promise you," she whispered tenderly, "If you can forgive me, i will never let anything happen to you again. If you can just grant me one more chance, i promise you with all my heart and soul, i will never leave your side again as long as i live." Tears danced in her eyes and eventually found their way down her cheeks, "I love you."

<style type="text/css">
.pippaeyeooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;color:#321523;}
.pippaeye {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#B86B63; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leeyes.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #321523; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Verdana; font-size:11px; color:#5E2136; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]
[html]
Yay for posting back and forth while sitting right next to each other! xD We're so cool, we even use the same computer! 500+ words.

Their last day together had begun the same as many others, a union of two souls with a forbidden love. No one would ever understand what transpired between them, as evidenced by Pello's outrage when he had found them together. Sisters were meant to love one another, but not intimately. Their love had been forbidden. Two women were not meant to love one another, and the fact that they were sisters only made the situation more delicate. No one would ever be able to understand, Lolita knew. Not even she understood fully, she suspected. All that she knew was that she and Pippa had been in love, a force more powerful than anything she could ever imagine, at least until the force that ripped them apart.

She shook her head swiftly, the movements short and small, her eyes shut tight against the world. None of this made sense. Pippa had been able to find her, something that should have delighted her. Lolita had wanted this for such a long time. Faced with the reality of it, however, the creamy Monroe woman did not want to see this now. If Pippa had found her, then Pello could. Despite the nausea she had been feeling for a few weeks now, Lolita felt sick. Her brother would find them, and he would see that, while he had managed to kill her, her body still moved. He would be angry—no, angry was an understatement. She did not know what he would be, but surely he would attack her again. She was already dead, and she would have to endure his abuse for however long he wished to inflict it.

Lolita shyed away from her former lover's touch, her breath shaky and her chest heaving. "Pippa, I..." She did not know what to say. "You found me here, so far from... home. He can find me, too," she whispered. "He already killed me, but if he finds me, he'll... I don't know. What if he finds you with me? He'll kill you, too..." And Lolita did not think that both of them would be unlucky enough to have their bodies keep moving. If their brother found Pippa, he would kill her, and Lolita would lose her forever. The distance between them had kept them and their love safe, in Lolita's skewed mind. If Pello found them again, they would be separated forever.

Finally, Lolita succumbed to the touch, letting her sister's fingers move through her hair. She did not want to, it was far too risky, but she could not help herself. This was something that she had wanted for such a long time, had asked others here how likely it was that Pippa would find her. Lolita had never expected it to happen, and she had felt safe asking. "I love you, too," she responded quietly, attempting to collect herself, lowering herself to sit with her knees drawn up to her chest. "I never stopped. I wanted to find you, but it just... It wasn't safe." Her voice was quiet, withdrawn. She did not think it was good for Pippa to be here. Pello could find them any time he wanted to, and he would. He would be angry. Lolita could not be the one to endanger her first love's life.

So much time had passed since they had been together. Would they still even be compatible? Her darling, sweet Pippa could not possibly love a dead girl. She peered up at Pippa, lifeless eyes searching her face. "What did he do to you, after he kil... While I was away?"

<style type="text/css">
.lalifaceooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;color:#976D4C;}
.laliface {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#FAEAC7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leface.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #976D4C; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Verdana; font-size:11px; color:#CBB08B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
Table by Me!
[/html]
[html]
Zomg i know right! Big Grin We're so cool!
Word count: 400+

Pippa trembled as Lolita seemed to shy away, all of her worst nightmares being realized in that small rejection. She cursed herself tenfold for not killing her brother as her sister’s fears of him finding them came to light. But here they were safe, right? Even Pello knew how heinous of a crime trespassing on pack lands would be; in their travels he had always been careful to avoid such things, and she could hardly imagine him trying to join.

“Lolita… you’re safe here,” Pippa said quietly, trying to keep her emotions in check and barely succeeding, “He won’t go near pack lands, he can’t trespass here. If I can join here, we could be happy. We can have the life we should have had.” But Pippa could see the vision of their perfect life falling apart, all she had dreamt all the time she had been with Pello was crumbling beneath the weight of Lolita’s apprehension.
She fell silent as her beloved Loli finally looked up, seeming to search for something in her face. Her eyes were just as beautiful as Pippa remembered them.

Then came the question Pippa had so been dreading. It hung in the air as her mind went black. She’d thought once she got here that it would all go away, that she and Lolita would be together and happy and the dark times would cease to be. She realized how naïve she’d been.

“I… you know him Loli.” Pippa began, her blue eyes clouding over, “We traveled so far; I don’t even think he really had a goal. He… he beat me often, for everything and nothing. I tried to escape so many times, I lost count, but there’s a scar or two for every one I assure you.” She looked to the sky, it had been her only solace and consistent friend in her travels. No matter where she was, in the night she had always been able to find the constellations that had always been there since she’d first learned of them as a pup.
She sighed, looking back to her Lolita, her driving reason to exist and live, the last remnant she had held of a time where happiness was a plausible thing.

“There were times I thought he’d kill me…” Pippa closed her eyes, and gently shook her head, tears threatened to push their way into the world, her voice shook as she continued, “But he won’t be able to do any of that to you, I promise. He doesn’t even know you’re still alive. I’ll protect you. Please, Loli. Don’t turn me away, not now.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]
[html]
I'm so slow, I'm sorry bb. <3 400+ words.

This was all so much for the creamy woman to take in. Jade eyes filled with tears, though she refused to let them spill. She would not shed another tear because of their wretched brother. Lolita hugged herself, fighting away the wave of nausea that came. In the moment of seeing Pippa sitting there, the flamboyant woman had pushed away any thoughts of how sick she had been feeling. Deep breathing eased the feeling some, and Lolita pushed away the thought again. She did not know why she was so sick, but it was not important right now. Pippa was there, and she was trying to find a way to make everything work for them. Pippa was willing to. Lolita had to be, too.

She reached out, wrapping her lithe fingers around Pippa's own. "I'm sorry," she whispered. The apology was for nothing and everything; Lolita did not know what she was apologizing for. There was so much that could be said, but none of it seemed fitting for the moment. There was no way that she could simply go back to the way things were before Pello had found them together. So much had changed. Lolita would need time, but she feared that she would lose Pippa if she did not act soon. The fear of her brother was great, but love was greater, was it not?

"We could... still be together here, maybe. I need time. But no one would need to know that we're sisters, we could hide it. I go by Lolita Monroe, and it's okay for girls to be together, here. But... Pippa, I need time," she said quietly. Lolita wanted to say yes and be happy and excited, but this was not something she had expected. "You could stay here, though, with me. I don't even need to call for Conor, I can accept you... If you want to stay with me." She did not know if Pippa would want to stay, now that she knew Lolita was hesitant. It was not that Lolita did not want Pippa, but she needed time to adjust. She hoped her lover understood.

There was something important that her sister needed to know, however. Lolita was afraid to say this, as if she thought it would frighten Pippa away. "The day he found us and Pello attacked me, he... He killed me. I don't understand why my body keeps moving, but I'm dead. But... It's okay, right?" Pippa would accept her still, right?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Me!
[/html]
[html]
>.< sorry this post kinda sucks. I've been working a lot, and sleeping not a lot. <3
Word count: 400+

Thrills ran up her spine as Lolita's fingers wrapped around hers, and Pippa knew she had found home. she closed her eyes lightly, burning a freeze frame of the moment into to her mind. She could feel Lolita hesitating, she knew her lover was afraid, and Pippa couldn't rightly say that she didn't feel the same herself, but that didn't matter. They were together, they existed in the same place. Where once Pippa had only had a future of torment and enslavement to her vile excuse for a sibling, she now had a chance to really live and be happy. Even if she couldn't be with her Lolita romantically, it was enough that she could be near her for now.

She nodded, smiling, as Lolita offered to let Pippa stay with her, "Of course I want to stay with you, but only if you truly want me to. We're here, and we're alive. That's enough for me Loli, you can have all the time you need. I'll always love you, and whenever, if ever, you're ready I will be here."

The smile faded off of her face as she registered Lolita's last comment. Dead? She sat there and stared blankly for a moment, not understanding. "...He already killed me!", Pippa had heard her say it, but had thought she'd heard wrong. She knew now there was no mistake; Lolita was convinced she was dead. Blue eyes blank, she stared at her sister, seeing that she meant what she was saying, believed it with every fiber of her existence. Pippa reached out to locate her sisters heart, and hold her hand over it. There was a rapid and gentle pulsating beneath her fur and skin. She still had a heartbeat.

Pippa began to smile, then she began to giggle, until she finally broke into hysterical laughter and couldn't stop herself. She shook her head, knowing she had truly found her sister. She was still Loli, pure and simple.

"Don't be silly Loli," Pippa said, sill smiling, "Dead, alive, or in between you're still Lolita, correct? Death means nothing compared to love, of course it's okay."

Pippa shook her rusty-red head, and smiled once more. Lolita had always been strange, talking about feeling bloodless or organ-less, but in Pippa's mind Loli had lived nearly two years like this alone. The condition didn't seem to harm her physically, so who was she to argue? She would have only distanced her and Lolita by disputing it anyways.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]
[html]
I'll have Libri get you titled up! We can end this soon and have another? And you can thread with anyone else, too! =D 400+ words.

Lolita's breath caught in her throat as her sister's hand rested gently over her left breast. What Pippa was looking for was not really there—it was simply a falsity, nothing more. Still, something about it seemed to please the red and white woman, drawing loud laughter from her. Lolita was confused, but she sat still, watching Pippa carefully. This was a delicate moment, and Lolita did not want to interrupt... whatever was going on. This was something she, both of them really, had been waiting for. It had not seemed like it would veer happen, but here it was. Pippa had come to her, and Lolita had asked her to stay...

And Pippa had agreed.

Lolita exhaled, her breath still a bit shaky as it exited her body. She was nervous now, knowing that Pippa was going to be staying with her for a while, maybe forever. Pippa had accepted her for being dead, apparently, and she had run away from Pello to be with her. It was a strange feeling she had. Elation, nervousness, and a bit of nausea left over from that morning. She shifted her body so that she was crouching, toes on the ground. Jade eyes locked on her sister's blue gaze. If she was anyone else, Lolita might have asked if she was certain she wanted to stay, but she did not need that reassurance right now. Lolita knew this was what they both wanted, even if it would take quite a while for them to get back to where they were before her death. They had both changed and would need to readjust.

"I'm not really living anywhere specific... Just a tree. I don't sleep much. But now that you're here, we could find somewhere else to live. There's a vineyard, and I know at least one other Dahlian lives there, but there's a big house I found... We could live there? It'd keep us safe and warm in winter," she suggested, leaving it unsaid that she had not bothered to keep herself safe and warm during the past winter. The fact that she hardly took care of herself in the beginning of her afterlife had not been important. It was in recent months that she had begun to take better care of herself, especially the past three or four weeks. She had been eating a lot and gaining weight, something odd for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Me!
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]
Omg yaaay! this is exciting! Big Grin
I used the word of the day! Big Grin "Couchant"...that's a point right?
Word count:147

I figure next post you can wrap this up, then we can start a new one Big Grin

Pippa knelt down, matching her sister's couchant position and keeping their eyes locked. She couldn't keep the contented grin from her face as she listened to Lolita speak.

"This big house of yours sounds nice," Pippa agreed, liking the sound of a warm place with walls to keep them safe, "Why don't you lead the way? Once we get settled and rested we can speak more, you look like you could use some sleep. Are you feeling unwell?"

It hadn't gone beyond Pippa's notice that Lolita had looked positively ill since their reunion had commenced. Perhaps it had been the shock and excitement of this meeting? Pippa herself had a strange, uneasy, feeling in the depths of her stomach, she shrugged it off however. She was eager to see this house, be apart of pack, and begin her life anew.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]
[html]
fin! 300+ words.

And so it was settled. The feral woman had never lived inside a house, only occasionally spending a night or two in the house she had in the city. Even before she had died, she had grown up living in traditional dens, usually caves. They grew up in the cave they had been born in, the same cave that their mother and uncle had been raised in. Lolita had slept in trees and on the ground since her death, but the house had not seemed overbearing, and it was what Pippa wanted for them. She knew the house had many rooms, and there would be ways for them to be close while still keeping their distance. This was something she had dreamt of and wanted so badly, but now that she was faced with the reality of her love being there, Lolita was terrified. The creamy woman had grown comfortable being alone, and it would take an immense effort for Lolita to feel at ease with company all the time again.

"I'll show you where it is. It's nice, secluded... You'll like all the vines," she said, though she only hoped it was true. Time had changed them both, and she realized that she did not know Pippa very well at all anymore. At the concerned words, Lolita shook her head. "I'm fine. My stomach's just been uneasy lately, that's all." She stood, stretching her legs while being careful not to stretch her torso much, for she knew that it could be painful lately when she did that. Hopefully, all of her aches and pains and nausea would pass quickly. Having Pippa with her would be great, but it would be strange to have someone there who was worried about her. "It's this way," she said, beginning to walk in that direction while the red and white woman walked beside her in her new home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Me!
[/html]