Under the August Sun (J)
[html]
Character Name: Bermuda Madera

Character Birthdate: March 11, 2010

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

Species: 100% Canis lupus

A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): kayjaygator at gmail dot com

Currently played characters: None

How you found 'Souls: I've heard of it before.

OOC: Excuse the strangeness of my table, please! I am still tinkering with the mere idea of HTML, let alone crafting a posting table. WC: 300+

Bermuda had traveled far enough now to notice distinct differences in landscape and in bodies of water. Despite her youth, she considered herself more or less capable of handling life on her own. Well, at least for this stretch of time. She was not wandering without a purpose. The girl with a pelt of shining sable fur was actively seeking a place to grow up and to gain experience. Her goal was not entirely her own idea. Her parents had raised her, during their comparatively short time together, to go out and settle on her own.

The sable colored girl was tired of her solitude. Her parents were strange folk, their minds meandering with their feet in strange ways. When it had become apparent that Bermuda was not a "rolling stone," her erstwhile parents had at least had the presence of mind to let her know that there was life outside of their wandering ways. The girl had parted from her parents on more or less good terms, although in the back of her mind she still questioned why they wouldn't change their way of life, if only for a little while, so that their child could set down roots, grow up, and have a place to call home.

Amber colored eyes peered across the terrain to the clear pool of landlocked water. She tried to find a word for it, but she was not able to. She searched her mind and came up empty-handed. Her parents loved the sea, and so she knew the name for the wild body of water near the sandy coast, but the clear pool several dozen yards before her begged for a name that she could not give it. The girl's head swam with the thick scent of wolves, obviously gathered somewhere close nearby. Bermuda struggled with indecision as she wondered what she should do, and what would be okay to do at a border. She had never learned, although instinct told her not to actively intrude. The black-furred girl lingered at the border, waiting as her confidence and sense of certainty in her ability dwindled.

[/html]
[html]

Welcome to 'Souls and Crimson Dreams! Big Grin If you need help with tables, don't hesitate to ask in the Talents forum :3 300+

Her body still ached from her recent and unexpected fight, but she was healing up well. None of the wounds had been severe and her daughter had attended to the various cuts that were scattered over her dark form. Still, the Commander hadn't spent much time outside of the mansion since it had happened, resting her body so she could recover as quick as possible. Today she was craving the fresh air though and slowly made her way out of the house and in the direction of the lake. A nice drink sounded good, and possibly even a small dip into the cool water would help to soothe her bruised and torn muscles. Her gait was subdued but the lake wasn't far and in a matter of minutes she had made it to its nearest edge.

Savina reached the pebbled sort and sunk down to her belly so she could reach the water. Pink tongue eagerly lapped up the refreshing water, thankful for that small but necessary gift. The Italian fey drank her fill and was about to slip herself into the welcoming waters when a foreign scent came to her nose. A strange wolf was nearby. She stood back up, ears alert and tail raised and carefully made her way to the unclaimed side of Rabbit Lake. Part of her feared that if whoever it was was hostile, that this could be dangerous, but she wasn't going to call for help now like a frightened pup. She was the Commander, and she had to be strong.

When she spotted the unknown canine a sigh of relief came from her lungs though. It was only a young wolf, about the same age as her own pups by the looks of her. The woman's posture relaxed and soft smile came to her face. She halted a respectful distance away and called out. "You have reached the edge of the lands claimed by my pack, Crimson Dreams. Is there something I can help you with, young one?" Surely it wasn't another pup who had lost their parents, like Denali, was it?

<style type="text/css">
.savislipsea b {font-weight:bold; color:#ECEBEB; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.savislipsea-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.savislipsea p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 12px; margin:0px;}
.savislipsea {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#D9D6D1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lipsea.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E5E5E5; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#AF9B79; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I have inquired in the Talents forum. Thanks for the tip!

The girl flinched when she saw a dark shape emerge from the sparkling, landlocked pool of water. Her body was still with excitement, anticipation, and nervousness. All the scents around her were dizzying. She hadn't caught the stronger scent of the femme who had been nearby. The girl had just been too distracted by the fact that she had stumbled upon a gathering place of wolves. This was what she had desperately wanted, but now that she found herself in the sights of someone else, she did not really know how to react.

The young femme fought the urge to shrink down from the femme's emerald colored gaze. Her ears flicked back to lie against her skull and her amber colored eyes were wide as she took the Commander in. Her posture told Bermuda that she was a powerful, self-assured wolf. How would she present herself to this adult wolf? Bermuda took a deep breath of air, her mouth open and empty of words as she found out that this place was actually the site of a pack. Bermuda took a deep breath and took one small, measured step forward. "Hello, ma'am. My name is Bermuda. I want to be in a pack."

She swallowed her words just after that. Was this the right way to present herself to an adult representative of a pack? The black pelted girl was nervous, and it was plain to see. She hoped that she had done the right thing.

[/html]
[html]

No problem!

The pup seemed startled at her appearance and everything about her spoke of nerves and even a bit of fear. Savina didn't really like to evoke those things in anyone unless necessary, and certainly not to someone so young. The girl didn't seem to know what to do, her eyes wide and ears back. It wouldn't surprise her if this was the first time she had come upon the border of a pack. Such a thing could be uncomfortable, even for an adult. Savina couldn't stop herself from wondering where the girl's parents were. It wasn't right for someone her age to be out, fending for themselves. Perhaps some unfortunate event had befallen them, as it had Denali's parents. For the young dark wolf's sake she hoped not, but if so at least she was somewhere safe now.

Collecting herself, the girl took a step forward and found her voice. Her smile grew even more kind, tail giving a short wag to show the pup that everything was alright. "Greetings Bermuda, my name is Savina and I am the Commander here." She paused a moment, eyes looking around just to make sure she hadn't missed the sight of any adults around. There were none. "Why is it that you seek a pack? Where are your parents?" Her tone was not accusatory, simply curious. The answer likely wouldn't have any sway over Bermuda's acceptance, but as a mother herself, Savina wanted to know why she was alone.

<style type="text/css">
.savislipsea-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.savislipsea {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#D9D6D1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lipsea.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E5E5E5; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#AF9B79; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Bermuda did not really understand what it meant to be a Commander of a pack, but she figured that it had to be significant. She knew what it meant to give a command so she had to expect that Savina was someone with authority. That knowledge - or assumption - compounded her nervousness, but also gave her something to hope for. The dark hued girl straightened her shoulders and tried to make herself only slightly taller, trying to do away with the jangling of her nerves. It would not be good for her to cower.

"I want to have a home," Bermuda exclaimed with a shiver of nervous excitement. Her voice was a little loud. She noticed this and swallowed any remaining words as she looked bashfully up at the female with jewel toned oculars. "My parents wanted to walk everyday, and just keep walking to new places. I didn't want that, so they told me if I traveled on my own I could maybe find a pack to take me." Bermuda scrunched up her nose at how sad that sounded. It was not that sad. Of course she missed her erratic, hair-brained parents and her family, but she knew what she wanted out of life. "I can hunt for myself," Bermuda told Savina in earnest, hoping to demonstrate that she could earn her keep. "I can't hunt very big things," the black furred girl amended, "but I can catch mice, grubs, and some fish."

Bermuda did not know if that would be enough to prove her worth to Savina. The woman seemed to be kind. She was speaking so nicely to her, and she had not just run her off the land. "Can I please stay? I can learn."

[/html]
[html]

I'll go ask for you to be titled up Smile 300+

Bermuda continued to fight her nerves, straightening her posture, but it was clear they were still prevalent. Savina wished she knew what she could do to ease her anxiety, but the only thing she could think of was continuing to be calm and pleasant. Hopefully as they continued to talk the young wolf would realize that there was no need for her to be so scared. There was no one in these lands would who do any sort of harm to a pup. In fact, their pack was currently bursting with little ones between her own litter, Anu's, and the addition of little orphaned Denali. Here, Bermuda would have plenty both of playmates and adults to look after her and teach her.

The Commander listened carefully as the girl explained her situation. Savina had to try hard to keep the soft smile on her face as she explained her parents and how she had come to be here by herself. How could any parent let their child walk off on their own to fend for themselves, much less encourage the idea. From what had just been shared, her parents seemed like very selfish people to her. Part of parenthood was putting your pup's needs before your own. They should have settled down if that was what their daughter wanted, not to tell her to go off on her own to find it. It boggled Savina's mind, but it was clear that the ebony girl wasn't jesting. "I am sorry to hear that things turned out that way for you, Bermuda." By all accounts it shouldn't be this way, but the only thing to do now was to move forward and work to improve her future.

She seemed desperate to prove herself, telling her skills and strengths like an adult would when trying to gain acceptance into a pack. At this point in her life though, it was not Bermuda's job to pull her own weight, it was the adults' job to support her and help her to grow and learn. The woman shook her head slowly. "You do not need to worry about proving yourself to me, or anyone else. You are young, and you have all the time in the world to learn and grow. We don't make our pups hunt for themselves at your age, and there is plenty of food for everyone here." Clearly her lifestyle up to this point had lead her to mature beyond her few months of age, but here she could just be herself and not worry. "Of course you can stay. Welcome to Crimson Dreams Bermuda." Savina would never be able to turn someone so young away.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]
300+

With only a few words from the Commander, Bermuda's anxiety all but dissolved into thin air. Now she was able to wear a wide smile across her face. Her tail wagged wildly behind her. She had accomplished what she had set out to do. She had been lonely and afraid that she would fail before, but now that she had reached her destination, it was like letting the weight of the world slide off of her shoulders. Even though she had faith in herself and in her choice of lifestyle, she had still been so uncertain. Her parents, although completely scattered and backward, had been her guiding lights for the duration of her young life. To be without them, and by choice nonetheless, had been extremely difficult.

"Oh thank you, Savina," she said, feeling less like she was trapped in a corner by her own anxiety. She crept forward just a little bit, eager to learn and to get to know all about this pack. "I promise I won't let you down and I'll grow up as soon as I can." However strange that statement might be, Bermuda did not want to be young for long. She was insecure with her age and did not feel like she amounted for very much. The dark girl wanted to be capable and earn her place in the pack. Perhaps it was driving instinct that led her to that train of thought, but it was her deepest and truest desire.

A little bit of her happy energy waned and she quieted a little bit. Her amber colored eyes rolled to take in the sight of the landlocked pool of water, and then came back to rest on Savina. Shyly, she looked at the Commander and decided to speak her mind. The dark wolf with green eyes seemed kind and willing to be patient. Perhaps she would teach her about this place, and about the things she did not know. "What is that water called? I have never seen water like it before."

[/html]
[html]

300+

To see the smile that bloomed across the young girl's face did the Commander's heart good. It was so wonderful to see Bermuda to transform from someone nervous and uncertain to someone so filled with happiness and relief. It still was hard to comprehend how she ended up here and the callousness with which her parents had acted, but it wasn't something that should or would be dwelt upon. From now on, Savina would just have to make sure that the girl was content and happy here, in the place that would now be her home and her new family. "You are more than welcome Bermuda, I am glad that I can help you in this way." The woman wasn't necessarily a "people pleaser" but she did enjoy being to help others who needed and deserved it. She chuckled a bit at the amber eyed pup's enthusiasm to grow up. "Don't worry too much over growing up. I know time seems to drag for young minds, but it flies by for us adults. Enjoy being carefree while you can," she softly advised. Many grown ups wished that they could return to the ease of their younger days.

Bermuda's excitement seemed to wane a bit and her eyes traveled over to the lake that was near them. Almost out of instinct Savina also looked upon the tranquil waters, but whereas the pup was confused by it she only felt a sense of calm and belonging. Rabbit Lake had become of staple and landmark of her life since arriving in Nova Scotia and she treasured it greatly. The girl's question was surprising, and she couldn't help as her head cocked to the side in curiosity. "The lake? Have you only ever seen rivers or ocean?" It seemed odd, that she would have never run across a lake before. Then again, she was not familiar with the topography of this continent outside of the pennisula, and maybe lakes were not common where Bermuda had been.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]