Table Coding Help
Ok, thanks to Lucia I now have a wonderful table but I forgot to put on Layla's accessories. Now I have the new header but I'm not sure in the code what to change. I tried just replacing the background image url but that didn't work. Is there something else I need to replace?

Copy of the code:

OOC text.

Action. "Speak."

<style type="text/css"> .layla b {font-weight:bold; color:#00aee0; letter-spacing:1px; } .layla .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:325px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .layla p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #afafaf} .layla {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... ylatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>

Trying to replace with this: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/Aka...accessories.png
Works for me? :3 Or is there something else you're trying to change and I'm not seeing?

[html]

OOC text.

Action. "Speak."

<style type="text/css"> .layla b {font-weight:bold; color:#00aee0; letter-spacing:1px; } .layla .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:325px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .layla p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #afafaf} .layla {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... sories.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
hmm... that's weird. When I replaced it the link before and clicked preview, it just showed the same picture. Are you sure all you did was replace the link for background image?
Yup!

If you were testing this in the same thread where you had posted the table before without the updated picture, then that's why the header wouldn't have been changed. Since in the coding you have you class of "layla" defined with the first background image, if you then later posted another reply with the new table the coding would automatically finding the original CSS of the first post and use that since they're both the "layla" class. I'm not sure if I explained that well, but I hope you might have some clue what I mean. :3
so if I change the class to a new name then will it change the background image as well?
In essence, yes!

Say if you were to post your new code in reply to this thread. Since the table is already posted in one reply, the CSS is embedded into the thread. So any CSS coding using the class of "layla" will associated the background image with the picture not including her accessories.

However, if you were to change the name of the class to say "layla2" and make sure the image url was changed, then that image is now associated with that class. So you'd be able to respond to that thread and each table would remain different, because they're working off of two separate CSS class codes.

So.. like I was trying to explain before. If you didn't change the class name of your table and went to post it as a reply to that specific thread (where the wrong code is already posted) the CSS would do it's job and change your coding with the new image to the old coding, since that's what came first in the thread.

Hope that explains better! (It's early so my brain doesn't think as clearly.) :3
I tried that and it worked. Thank you so much <3333
No problem! Glad I could help. :}