Life the bigger picture
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: blah blah blah

She was young she was twisted, shallow and lonely, but more then all that she was lost. Amaranth stood in the cave touching the spot that Haku had nipped at her throat. She had told no one had not gone home til she was heeled so her mother and father wouldn't ask questions. She had been her hiding even from Niro. She didn't want to cause them worry though she also was beginning not to care as to who thought what. Did any of them try hard to find her no did that matter to her no. Did the news of Haku's death matter... yes. She wanted to kill him to show him she was worthy.

Neko hoped up on to her shoulder and laid himself on her like a shall. She laughed petting him. Her body held scars from that night the one Neko now covered on her neck, her tail and her eye. But the scar most invisible was the mental one. She was so lost in her thoughts.

Neko should I stay where he can see me today or hide? Cowards hide so what am I afraid of he doesn't scare me. She said as she stroked him head. He was a twisted cat he seemed to feed off of her and it made her laugh. She leaned in the shadows that the sun cast and bright purple eyes becoming her focal point. rubbing her head she growled thinking of that night.

Speak think walk

[/html]
WC: 454 (3 Points) OOC: he’s a pitiful piece of flesh XD and he's in his lupis form ^^

He was a stubborn wolf and his eagle seemed to voice her opinion on it. He didn’t care, he’d found that a little alcohol and some delusions from his freak hunt seemed to make him a little more headstrong, he didn’t care about the pain in his feet, he’d thought so little these days that he believed there was no pain, he of course couldn’t’ take the pain from his back leg away, but his front, well, the alcohol worked there as well as his thoughts. He decided he HAD to take a walk, that he HAD to go to his and Amaranth’s secret cave. He had to admit to himself that he though so little about her that he knew something was off… how long had it been since he’d seen her? He didn’t know why, but his odds were that he may see her there, but why? Was it because their last meeting was there? Where she’d met her cat? He wasn’t sure, but he knew he had an urge to make his way to the beach, to throw sand into the bandages that kept his sore amputated pinky from getting infected. Maybe there was something in there that was significant. He could feel the pain in his foot both front and back as he loped three legged towards the cave, he was panting, his tongue hanging from the side of his mouth, his green orbs keeping straight on their destination. He thought that if he kept his eyes on that dark, damp cave he’d make it there without a hitch. He was wrong. The second he put his front paw into the squishy, damp sand, he could feel the saltwater seep into his bandage, and then after a few more steps, he felt the pain, nothing but pain. The water had come in contact wit hhis missing toe, and now it felt like his paw was being eaten. He yelped in pain, and fell on the sand, he was going to make it, he thought. How did he look to anyone who’d pass by? He thought, as he got to his feet again, his back paw well above the sand, even though he had no fresh wound cuts, but he didn’t want to take anymore chances. He moved forward, and limped as fast as his crippled body could move into the cave, wehre he knew that only damp rock. Once he was there, he fell to the floor, not even knowing what he made such a stupid journey. He heard the flutter of the large eagle’s wings as she landed next to him. He could see her staring at him and he couldn’t help but smile at the concerned bird.
[html]

table © Alaine

Neko's yellow eyes opened hissing at the bird that had landed to join his master. He had never gone at the bird but disapproved of him highly. Amaranth stroked his head trying to calm him she was not in the mood to deal with his stupidity. He silenced the minute he was touched and just glared at the male and his pet. "Lesser creatures so pathetic thinking they have rights to growl and attack. You look like shit." She said stepping out of the shadows. She wanted to not deal with Nekos stupidity at all. She stretched out her arm as he climbed down it and to the ground.

She walked over to him the light hitting her bugging her that he would see the body she was keeping hidden he'd hate her if he knew what had happened. She could still feel his claws on her thighs and the ripping of flesh. The feeling of pain and the scars not visible on her mind. How pathetic her life was, how she would die a twisted lonely life. Though her mother would never admit it she had fueled this monster. She had told her to fight back as a child not allowed her brother to take her over. Her uncle taught her the old ways what her line was bread to do. "So what brought you here

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

WC: 430(3 Points) OOC: hopefully this table works for ya!

Niro’s first and most obvious clue that he wasn’t alone was a hiss inside the cave. A cat was telling off Marahute, probably saying it wanted to eat her, but Niro knew that he bird could easily carry the cat away now, but he also heard the cat stop suddenly, the second was the voice that came from inside the dark cave, it sounded familiar, yet very different. He looked over to see a very pretty young wolf, and was about to ask her who she was when he saw her eyes. They had changed but not enough for him to not recognize her. She’d grown. He watched her move to him.

Oh I feel like it now,

He said keeping his eyes on her. She had changed, he could see it in her movements the way she walked her posture… even how she seemed to look at him. Something happened, but what? And if something did, why hadn’t he heard about it, would he have been able to help at all? These questions raced through his mind as he looked up at the once innocent Amaranth. He’d been innocent once but that was a long time ago, and he folded his ear with the six peircings back, a reminder that he’d lost his innocence before coming here, but he found that now he’d lost even more after coming too, a part of him that he thought he wouldn’t just give away willingly. He had ideas about the night with Lolita, but he knew that he’d lain with Liliya, he knew it was his fault she ran away, and now he’d gone and crippled himself because he hadn’t learned to be humble about his own profession.

I felt I needed to come here, I hadn’t visited in a while.

He gave her a weak smile, then turned to his sore front paw, which felt like his heart was beating through the bandages. He couldn’t believe how much something hurt...that was so small. He started licking at the bandages, even though he knew that it wouldn’t help, but he had to do something it was bugging him so bad.

Where have you been? I haven’t seen you in so long, I guess that’s why I came here, my mind thought you would be here I guess. I’ve missed you.

He said quietly, feeling bad he wasn’t lying though, but he felt bad for not taking any initiative to go looking for her, he’d thought her mother would do it well enough without him sticking his fat nose in family business.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

table © Alaine

Amaranth bent down to look at him. She wondered what he had done to himself. She didn't know if she should ask nor did she in honesty care much. she wanted not to be asked what she had been up to but she had. She didn't want to answer what he asked. "I've been here I've been ok. I ran into Haku."

She said as she looked at him running her hand over his head. She wanted him to be ok he was one of the few things that she had any form of care for. She shook her head. "You did a number hu?" She said as she picked up his paw un wrapping it and pulling out what she had for bandages. She wanted to help him fr some unknown reason.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Wc: 466(3 Points) OOC: if I did get the fact the scars may be visible wrong I’ll change it :3

Niro had no idea who Haku was, but he looked at Amaranth fully now. He didn’t know he’d had tears in his eyes until he could see straight… that’s what he got for getting hurt he thought to himself. He could now see there were parts on her that had newly healing scars. Something he should have seen if he wasn’t so stuck on himself as of late. His eyes narrowed, it seemed Haku wasn’t a friend of hers. He was afraid of what he had to ask next, but he was feeling rather protective at the sight of her demeanor.

What did he do to you.

He said, that was before she put her warm hand on him. It felt nice… but he had to keep his head straight, after the drink he knew he’d probably start thinking the way he did when he’d lain with Liliya, and Niro now knew he cared deeply enough for Amaranth that he wasn’t going to make a same mistake twice. She started helping him with his bandage. It hurt as she got to his bare skin where his toe had been amputated, but instead of whining he bit his lip, he’d pulled back a few times, but was quiet until she had it entirely unwound.

Yes, hunting accident, I suppose I had too much on my mind and I got a little too cocky

He said in a strained voice. The area where his toe had been wasn’t leaking blood, but he could see that it was bleeding slightly, not as bad as he’d seen it when Alaine changed his bandages the first time. How he could lose so much and still be alive he never knew. He was just glad to actually be alive. He looked at the younger wolf, his green eyes sticking to her purple ones. She’d definitely changed, he told himself, she was much more reserved, much more angrier than he’d remembered. He had first met her learning how to fight with a staff, when she first changed. She had been six months then. Now she must have been coming close to a year old. The thought made Niro feel overwhelmed… she wasn’t much younger than he was. It was just a shock to think about, because he’d seen her as a somewhat young pup. Now she was growing into a fully grown wolf. Marahute was watching Amaranth the whole time, she took a part of the bandage and shook her head up and down, possibly thinking that it would help them, even though the bandage was off Niro’s foot. He knew he wouldn’t put it back on… at least not until it was dry, so he might as well be stuck here, but from the looks of things, he had good company just bad stories…

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: Aww poor mara and Niro

Amaranth looked at him as she lifted his paw looking at it. She knew it would heal but she could also help it along if it had been sealed with something very hot. She looked at him and stood moving to the fire she had started. Niro Come over here Ill see if I can help your paw any. she said sitting as Neko came and joined her. She was tired and had little sleep she had been watching her sister from a far and it seems like neither of them were doing grand. She wondered what had happened to her but then again she really didn't care.

She watched him and just sighed she didn't want to tell him but she kinda did. Amaranth looked at him with her amathist eyes and watched. "He raped me and drank my blood leaving me for dead." She said as she poked the fire with a stick. He was out for blood but I here he is dead now so it doesn't even matter. I dont care. She said staring into the flames. Her mind was dead at the moment. I was raped, I have no idea what sex is in honesty all I can remember is the pain. It was like he was holding me over a fire again. She sank his teeth into my fleash and I feared this time he'd kill me. But he didn't. She turned and looked at him. And here I was trying to save myself for someone special now no one will ever want we.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Wc: 453 (3 Points)

Niro limped over as Amaranth called him to her, he wondered what she was going to do? He knew he could trust her so there was no hesitance as he moved close to where she’d told him to come. He was glad the floor of the cave was mostly rock. The warmth of the fire was rather welcoming to him even if it made the cave hotter. He listened as she answered, a growl came from his throat when she started. He couldn’t believe someone could be such a monster! He lightened up a little when she said she heard he was dead.

He better be, and if he isn’t he’d best keep his distance. Or I will be the one to kill him.

He said, His friends were everything to him. Amaranth was no acception. He never made a threat he never intended to keep. He still didn’t know who Haku was and he hoped for the wolf’s sake he was dead. Niro wasn’t the strongest of wolves, but when he had to, he could fight, and fight hard. He never mentioned killing anyone before, he didn’t feel the need to tell anyone such a thing. Now she was divulging all she lost because of him, the hair on the back of his neck rose, he felt horrible, that her first experience with sex had been something out of a nightmare. He thought his own new experiences were horrible, he felt sick to his stomach thinking about what he’d just heard.

That isn’t true, you are a beautiful wolf, I’m sure any would want to be with you even if you were forced.

These words were said with more care, and more honesty, and much calmer. He did feel sorry for her he couldn’t help it, but to pity her wasn’t going to make her happy, wasn’t going to make her understand that just because something happened meant the end of the world… but what if he had been in a position she was in… he’d probably feel the same. He felt like crying for her, but he wouldn’t either that or couldn’t. He was immensely happy she was alive though.

I’m glad you are alive. I would have missed you dearly,

He said taking a small swallow. He knew he was feeling very protective but he couldn’t help thinking almost the same thoughts he had for Liliya, not that he wanted to bed Amaranth, and not in the way he’d liked Liliya, although Amaranth seemed much different now, he could still see the puppy she once was and couldn’t help but feel even more warmth in his heart. But he wasn’t going to go and do anything to ruin their friendship.

[html]

table © Alaine

Amaranth could tell he was hurting and in some ways she felt as though she wanted to hit him and make it hurt worse just to make herself feel better. Though she may not feel better seeing the male hurting more she was lost. She was always in inner turmoil and it seemed to have gotten worse through watching everyone from a distance. Amaranth smiled breaking out laughing.

"You are kidding right Haku would have torn you limb from limb. He cares nothing for life why he spared me twice it a mystery."

One she knew she'd never know the answer too. She looked at the flames poking it with a stick she sat in a way quite far from the fire. A fear she had gained from that day she was going to be roasted like a pig. A fear her Uncle used to motivate her and a fear she hated.

"Don't kid yourself you would not miss me I'm not worth missing. How does your paw feel?"

She asked looking at him. She wondered what her life from here would be like. She thought about manythings leaving CDM and going somewhere else but where? She didn't want to leave those she loved for too long. Though those she cared for also left her like Firefly how dare she leave with out her.

Niro would you take someone like me as your mate? I mean would you take someone like me? I doubt anyone out there would want someone who's like me.

She poked the fire thinking about life so easy to end. So easy just to give up on life and not deal with it. Why had she not given up what fueled her? Haku was dead there was no need for vengence there was no need for anything.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Wc:532 (3 Points) OOC: Big Grin

Niro couldn’t help but notice that she kept her distance from the fire, although he decided against asking, since he was already on a touchy subject with her as it was, and he didn’t want her to hide inside a shell. Technically she was, but he wasn’t going to get her out unless he did something to help her. At her protest of Haku tearing him apart, Niro had no doubts about that, but he had some fight in him, no matter how scrawny and terribly boyish he looked. He looked into the fire, seeing things he had not wanted to see, chewing on a cheek before deciding to talk.

I have never told anyone this, but… I have killed a few times before, protecting my sister. I will do it again, for my sister… for the pack… for you.

His words were stern, and confident, even though right now he was laying down, a cripple on the stone floor. He’d still do what it took to protect anyone that was close to him, a friend family, anyone he cared about was under his protection, he wasn’t sure how great that protection would be right now, but that was beside the point. He did not take his eyes off the fire the whole time for saying it. He wasn’t sure she’d see him in the same way. After killing, he learned it was a life changer, and he’d done it six times… Each time his sister had been in trouble, and he knew she needed help, he defended her by taking another’s life. He didn’t think it was entirely wrong, not when it was his sister that was being attacked, he wouldn’t proudly boast it about, although, he had evidence of his kills in plain sight, even though no one ever asked him about them. To them they were just decorations. To him, it was a reminder not to become what he did when he killed those wolves.Her words hit him hard and he looked at her.

I would, who would keep me company in this small cave? I kept it a secret, it’s ours, so if I came here and you weren’t here, well I’d feel very lonely… and my paw is feeling so much better thank you.

he said, a gratitude that he didn’t have to wear the bandage the whole time, and itch because the salt was eating at the wound. Niro did not answer right away on her question, it was not one he should answer to right away neither, he had to think on it, pick the right words, and speak, he couldn’t see why she was being so hard on herself, he took a deep breath, and spoke.

Of course I would, anyone whose been through what you have, being rape, and nearly murdered… it isn’t their fault, it’s the one who did it… It’s wolves like me who do not deserve a mate…

He trailed off, remembering his time with Liliya, and then the drunken night he remembered so little of but had speculations… who’d want a wolf like him for a mate, when he’d go and mate with two females in the same week?

[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: We should have another thread after this

Amaranth almost didn't want him to feel bad she want him to be happy and right now he didn't look it. You are not a bad man you have done nothing I bet. Niro you have nothing not to give in life. She said as she looked at him. She wanted to ssee him smile but he didn't seem to be like that.

She just watched him and then decided that being like this was strange. She looked at him the anger leaving her eyes being replaced with sarrow she was wanting to make things better to shape the world to fit her needs. Niro can we do fun things again after your healed? Can we be like we were before? Or is it to late are we too gone? she found herself constantly bouncing between beening a puppy minded girl and a hard headed bitch.

Looking at him she closed her eyes and focused shifting to lupus she wanted to be close to niro and couldn't do it like this. Her body ached being forced to change she hadn't been like this in so long. opening her eyes she looked at him. Her mind lost in her own thoughts.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

Wc:369 OOC: Definitely!!!

I’m afraid I’ve done some bad… do you remember Ruriks daughter? Liliya?

He asked, feeling the shame rush back into his veins, he didn’t wait for her to answer though he wanted to tell her, wanted to let her know what a horrible wolf he really was… why? Because maybe he felt he didn’t deserve her attention now, or that he was feeling just plain pitiful and had to say something, but the urge was there and he couldn’t stop his lips.

We mated… and well, it seemed ot make her run off… She might not even have wanted to do it… I feel like I hurt her in many ways…

It did feel different now, although he knew she would leave his side for saying such things… he didn’t even wany to mention his questionable night with another wolf, it was as though he were some kind of… well… the word didn’t come to his mind but something bad, that’s what he thought he was. Her words came to him, and it hurt him when she asked, why wouldn’t they, although she was so much older now, games wouldn’t matter to her as much, at least they stopped mattering to either Niro and Orin for some time, but then again they’d grown up in such a horrible place… though Amaranth didn’t seem to have the best childhood either. But to act like a pup again, it would keep their minds on simpler matters, Niro smiled at the red colored wolf.

I don’t’ think we are too gone, I think it is a splendid idea, although it will be a very long time until I’m better I’m afraid.

Niro said truthfully, as he watched her she seemed lost, and then she changed. Niro had never seen her in her wolf form before, and he couldn’t help but think of her beauty even now, but he was kicking himself inside his head, he wasn’t to make Amaranth out to be another victim of his wants. He said nothing of her change though, he didn’t know why she did it, but in a way it felt comforting to sit next to another wolf, another four legged animal who seemed to care.