a [j]ug fills drop by drop
Character Name: Kafka
Character Birthdate (including year): July 3, 2008
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: 100% grey wolf
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). pm me for msn?
Currently played characters: nahhh
How you found 'Souls: Lucia Cabriel's player and I have been rping together for a long time~~

--

A life spent traveling is chasing comet tails to the horizon, wandering and squandering in a gypsy paradigm. Gleaning “knowledge” or “worldliness” or “culture” by fascination of the broken and hopeless remnants of civilization. Of hierarchy. Of order. It was crying with radiant eyes at the trials of the ordained and pursing lips at them bowing to the godhead. It was playing missionary but never martyr. It was ephemeral, touch-and-go friendships. It was superficial and self gratifying. It was never staying. It was never suffering.

That's what Kafka had done for the first two years of his life. His father, mother, and brother played charitable sightseers, hostelling with reluctant strangers that they often outwardly pitied. The world, in their moon-eyes, was dissolving into chaos. Anarchy on the wings of half-assed rectitude. Pleasure for them was collecting these stories, carrying away the heart-weakening, gut-wrenching, and mind-boggling albatrosses from the tired necks of pack members. Pretend to listen, pretend to care, but it was only a learning experience.

But Kafka, standing at the curled lips of the barbed wire fence, peering in it as if it was the great void Chaos at the beginning of the Grecian universe, believed in order and humanity. An auspicious morning sun, elucidating the territory sprawling before him, laid a shrug of warmth across his shoulders. The stridulations of a hawk rang lucid in the distance.
[html]
Hi, welcome! :3
If in doubt, Gvihita is a large female short-toed eagle Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Belle carried him with ease, as she had done from the first time he had ever had the pleasure of riding her. She was among the more obedient horses in their stables, allowing nearly anyone to handle her without complaint. The red wolf male leaned a little forward, toward her neck, seeking only to feel some extra closeness as she walked along the paths that circled their homelands. The whole ordeal with Noir had sent his mind going, and now it would not halt, always reminding him of his failure to protect her. Océane, too. And Tayui, in a way. He was torn between disappointment in himself, and pure, raging grief. It muted him, and not even Gvihita, who soared above his head in worried circles, had been able to draw a word from him on the subject since he had learned of it. She sent him sounds sometimes, high screeches that the air could easily carry all the way down from her to him, but the one she sent this time was different, and he granted her a moment of attention, spotting how she moved to focus on an area ahead. So she'd found something, or someone? Signaling the horse gently, they changed directions, and were soon on their way towards whatever it was that the bird had spotted, a whatever that would soon reveal itself to be a stranger at their borders. Dawali raised his hand in greeting as the male and his horse approached the stranger. "Greetings, stranger." His ornamented mane rattled, bead against bead against feather, as he lowered his arm again and gave a polite smile.

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#302b3d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#c1d9c2; background-image:url(http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6918/souls37.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#463e40; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
my dad is listening to crappy music, so i can't do anything but ragequit atm... sorry D: FFFUUU SO ANNOYING

So accustomed, too reliant on being invited into the growlery of even the most inhospitable, Kafka was anticipating a smooth welcoming.

But to the man who greeted him on horseback, he still bowed his head as a pauper to a prince, remembering how he had seen beggars bow to kings in the same way they bowed their heads over wastebaskets full of fire, trying to keep warm. “My name is Kafka,” and he explained himself with only two syllables, and as if the phonemes carried purpose in their resonance.

Unlike the befeathered chief, he stood on his own four feet, feral form particularly tall and perpetually disheveled by travel. Motivated by a romantic idea of belonging and community, he wouldn't draw further onto their territory without being invited.
[html]
Hehehe, I know the feeling :3 Sorry for the delay; Been at work all day, plus there's a time difference between us, probably Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kafka's reply was equally blunt to his own greeting, and the Chief nodded quietly. It was a strange name, to him, and he could think of no names in his own knowledge that resembled it even a little. Most of the names of the Great Tribe had a direct meaning, but everything was different here. His own little tribe held such a multi-faceted crowd, and their names were no exception. Kafka would probably fit in well just for that reason.

The male bowed to him, and Dawali forced himself not to stir uncomfortably atop Belle. He never was one for such displays, but he'd been told that he often behaved similarly when he communicated with the leaders of the other packs. That, in itself, made him uncomfortable, and he'd decided not to give it any thought at all. It was comfortable to ignore one's flaws. Thinking he knew quite well just what Kafka sought here, he asked nevertheless, wasted words to keep the conversation going. "I am called Dawali, Chief of the AniWaya tribe who claim the land behind me. What is your purpose in coming here?" His voice was deep and sometimes rolled out of him as would a growl, but there was no unkindness in his pose or face that would indicate hostility. New faces sometimes were surprised at its quality, but gradually the tribe's members had grown accustomed to the sound of their Chief.

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#c1d9c2; background-image:url(http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6918/souls37.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#463e40; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
uninstalled photoshop, so an old table will have to do~~

[html]

Throwing buckets of paint and disappointment on hotel walls and kicking machines whose gears haven't turned in two decades. Chewing peyote under bridges and hallucinating the jabberwocky, slaying it with the vorpal sword. Burning cigarettes on the nape of your lover's neck and jumping and howling and crying on their bed. A wolf holding a rifle. A wolf firing it at his best friend. Kafka had seen many things.

And he had never before seen a wolf riding a horse, so he still raised his proverbial eyebrow at the chief. The red wolf smelled of other wolves and animals and maybe smoke, and Kafka found this comforting. He seemed like a nice guy. “My parents and brother are gypsies, and I don't want to live that lifestyle anymore,” and he was completely guileless. It is easy to display a wound, the proud scars of combat. It is hard to show a pimple, Kafka had read not too long ago, but he conceded to the situation. Family is incredibly important, but he needed more of an anchor to this world than that. “I'm not happy to say that I left them, because I believe that maybe it's the blood that makes a place your home and not the earth.”

x

quote from leonard cohen... sorry it's late and that my post table is irrelevant. deleted photoshop and this is the only table of mine i have that doesn't have another's char name on it :<

[/html]
[html]
Aw, you can probably request something in Talents when you're formally accepted, if you want! Your avatar is lovely, by the way Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dawali nodded at Kafka's words, even if he didn't understand them all. Gypsies? What were they? He had rarely seen other things than the tribe before he came here, and he knew that the scouts and diplomats and elders of the Great Tribe had communicated with all kinds of groups, and sometimes there had been strange wolves that came to trade with them, but he had never heard the word Gypsy. He eyed the male in front of him, as if he could see what made a gypsy. A lifestyle, he called it. Ah, well, it wasn't important, but the old male's curiosity had been lit, and he would likely ponder this.. gypsy thing for a while. Maybe ask Ember; she knew all kinds of stuff from outside the tribe life. Sometimes, Dawali felt like a truly naïve and innocent person, simply for the fact that his life had been stable and the same for all the years he had been given so far. It was difficult to look beyond. "Leaving one's family behind is never easy," he said, knowing all too well what it felt like. But in his case it had been temporary, unlike the sound of Kafka's situation. "The earth is home to everyone. Our blood is something we give significance because we need to, to brand and group ourselves. As long as there is dirt underneath our paws, we are all at home." He paused and studied the male once again. "What skills can you offer us for a place in our family?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

There hadn't been a troubled upbringing or an explosive, dynamic family feud. Kafka and his family had simply understood for some time that he was different from his parents and brother, and so when he let them know of his decision, they weren't surprised. One of his reasons to leave was that he got too attached to people and places, but mostly people, so breaking away from the only three he had known his entire life was a big choice for him.

All this time, all these moments spent trying to emulate the bohemian lifestyle, trying to speak and listen but never act. "I'm quite a good cook, especially with international cuisine, and I know CPR," he explained, wondering if this was enough.

[/html]
[html]
One thing I forgot to mention: cooking and such is a bit rare here as well, though I think there are more that do that. Some make breads and such (AniWaya has a tradition of making dishes combining meat with parts of corn/other vegetables), but it's just a bit strange, in that they are predators, developed from nature's side to ingest raw meat Smile Still, that's entirely up to you; just figured I'd let you know that most wolves are quite "feral" in that sense here Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dawali tasted the word "cook" in his mind, knowing its meaning but amazed by it. He'd met such "cooks" before, but he had no idea what "cuisine" was. Cooks both fascinated an confused him, though, and while he could understand some sides of it, such as making breads and boiling roots and other vegetables until they were edible, he never did understand why someone would do anything to meat, other than prepare it for long-time storing. The Chief had never met anyone whose favorite dish wasn't raw meat, so it was certainly a foreign thing to him. Despite his extreme lack of knowledge about everything the male said, he nodded, and soon another question had exited his mouth. "And what of more everyday tasks, such as patrolling and hunting? Would you be able to perform such tasks?" With the skills that Kafka mentioned being unknown to him, the red wolf male had to ask something else to ensure that this one didn't become a liability to the tribe. He looked very able, but confirmation from the newcomer's own mouth soothed his worries like nothing else; then, at least, he would have their word for their willingness to do something. Something he knew what was.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]