Å du som bur meg i Hjarta inne,
[html]
<style type="text/css">#vesle2 b{color:#000000; font-family:calibri, arial, tahoma, sans-serif;}</style>
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> Ethereal Eclipse. And hi! She's on two legs today Smile

She moved with a silent grace, the little body that slowly made its way through the forest. It wasn't many days since she had come back to Dahlia, and already she had left the packlands to explore elsewhere. Something in her had grown restless during the summer, and she needed to do things, to move. Besides, the scents of her pack haunted her, and she was not comfortable at night, either. The darkness crept in on her and reminded her of her bold statement to her Alpha. I was thinking maybe I could live in the city somewhere. - what kind of thing was that to say? And she had rejected his gracious offer to stay with them again; she regretted this now. Nothing in the world had been able to make her enter the house of her mother, and so she had spent her nights outside. It was not horrible, but she was used to living between walls, and the lack of them caused uneasiness to stir within her. Small legs were a little sore from strange sleep, but they carried her light body easily as she looked for a suitable tree trunk where she could sit. Quickly spotting one (there wasn't exactly a lack of trees!), she strode over to it and sank down in front of it, eagerly opening the book to look at the images inside. Most of what was in it were symbols. Emwe had said it told stories, once, but that he couldn't read them. Vesle couldn't either, but the images were exciting, and some of them scary, and some of them had symbols underneath them. Was it their names? The young female read them with a child's eagerness, saucer-eyed and with a little smile on her face. Even in solitude, she was a shy creature.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite3.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[/html]
[html]

=D! 300+

The young Chance woman had taken to wandering outside of the pack's territory once again, no longer concerned that she might be attacked by a random loner at the borders again. In truth, that fear had been harbored within her for quite some time after the incident with Minos and Haven, but she was hardly concerned anymore. For the majority of the time that she had been worried it might happen again, though, it had not been a concious thought process. Now, as far as Princess was concerned, she was entirely over the incident and she hardly ever gave it a moment's thought. Because of this, she was more than comfortable walking outside of the protective boundaries once more, which she did on this day.

This area was not one she had explored very often, usually choosing to explore the buildings in cities and towns. Princess liked to look for things to take with her, like dresses and books and the odd trinket or two. Now, she peered around each tree as she walked by, her hand resting against the rough bark of the trees she paused nearby. The Lady could see someone else up ahead, settled beneath a tree with what looked to be a book. Most might take this as a sign that they should leave and let the other continue with what they were doing, but this was not the case for Princess. Ever curious, she moved closer to the younger girl, her silky white halter dress moving and making her approach audible.

"What are you reading?" she asked, trying to get a look at the pages without being too obvious. She could not see much from where she was standing, so she waited for the Dahlian girl's response to her nosy question. It was only a mild curiousity, and this was not something that would be considered rude to ask about, so she did not feel that bad about asking and interrupting the girl.

<style type="text/css">

.princessgift01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc89a9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.princessgift01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#89637b; text-align:center;}
.princessgift01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.princessgift01a {margin:0 auto; width:378px; background-color:#E9E4DD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... osprez.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #89637b; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#89637b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.princessgift01a-border1 {width:380px; border:1px solid #E9E4DD; margin:0 auto;}
.princessgift01a-line1 {width:348px; border-bottom:1px dotted #c6c1ba; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">#vesle2 b{color:#000000; font-family:calibri, arial, tahoma, sans-serif;}</style>
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> Hola!

A stranger approached her and asked her a question, and once the sound of it reached Vesle's ears she started out of her focused haze and looked up, ears pointing to the skies. Instinctively she almost spoke: what? in surprise, but her emotions won and she blushed heavily instead, as if caught in doing something shameful. Gray irises flashed this way and that for a little uncertain moment before they settled. The other girl seemed nice, though, and soon Vesle had replied automatically, redness lingering in her cheeks. "I... don't know." Admitting it deepened her blush as she continued. "I can't read, really..." Vesle very nearly added But the pictures are nice!, though she was lucky enough to think before speaking, and concluded that she was glad she had not said it, because it sounded really stupid. The other girl probably would have laughed at her, and she wouldn't even have blamed her for it; it was that stupid-sounding. Vesle's ears drooped a little bit for a moment as she thought about that, and since she did not find anything else to say, merely sat there and stared.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite3.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[/html]
[html]

It was obvious to Princess that she had startled the young Dahlian girl, and she did feel a bit badly about that. Normally she wouldn't, but she could see that she really had startled her. Princess looked more closely at the book, curious to see what it was, but she could not make out much besides some interesting looking pictures and symbols. "Well, that's okay. A lot of us can't read," she said nonchalantly. It certainly wasn't important to her whether or not the girl could read. Princess was able to, and did so when she got the chance, but it was not a major part of her life. There were a lot of things that were more important to her, like her mate and her dresses and making sure she looked neat and pretty. Those were her main priorities.

Golden eyes studied the girl, and Princess knelt to the ground beside her. Nothing in her demeanor had suggested that she did not want Princess to come any closer, so she suspected that her presence was not entirely unwanted, and that was good enough for her. "I'm Princess Chance, from Cour des Miracles. I used to live in Crimson Dreams, and before that, I lived in Dahlia de Mai," she said, deciding it must be relevent, given the girl's scent. "And before that, I lived far away."

<style type="text/css">

.princessgift01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#89637b; text-align:center;}
.princessgift01a {margin:0 auto; width:378px; background-color:#E9E4DD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... osprez.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #89637b; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#89637b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.princessgift01a-border1 {width:380px; border:1px solid #E9E4DD; margin:0 auto;}
.princessgift01a-line1 {width:348px; border-bottom:1px dotted #c6c1ba; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> <3?

She looked up at the girl as she spoke more, which was good because silence was strange when Vesle couldn't think of anything more to say. She said a lot of wolves couldn't read — really? Vesle hadn't thought that, she thought that all wolves could, except her and her cousin Emwe, but that was because cousin Emwe was a little bit... slow. And Vesle had never asked Conor to teach her, so that was why she couldn't read, either. "Oh..." The gray girl didn't say anything else, had no clever words at the tip of her tongue, and merely stared at the book, and the girl as she sat down next to her on the ground. She was suddenly a lot closer, even though she was sort of the same distance away, and she stared at the girl's face now, looking for anything familiar and finding nothing. Then came a stream of words, and Vesle arched her eyebrows when her own pack was mentioned. She had lived in Dahlia de Mai? Why didn't she, still? It was a nice pack, with her family in it, and many others she didn't know, but who were probably nice, too. "Why do you not live in Dahlia anymore? It is a nice place," she said quietly, but focused, forgetting about mentioning her name completely. Her gray irises were fixed on Princess' face, waiting for a reply she had already deemed strange.

[/html]
[html]

<3! 300+ words.

The young Dahlian was quiet, much more so than Princess had ever been at her age... or at any age, if truth be told. Princess Chance had always been a little hellraiser, loud and demanding and far too big for her britches. That had served her well, though, and she certainly liked who she was, even if others might title her prissy. Some were not suited for such loud personalities, though, and it seemed the gray girl was one of them. This only served to make her more likable to Princess, because she found it was difficult to be in the company of someone that was similar to herself. There was never enough air space for such a constricting thing.

"Well, it's kind of complicated. I wasn't born around here, but my mother came here after me and my brother ran away from her when we were really young. She... Wasn't a good mother," she said tentatively, unsure of how to say something akin to "my mother was a terrible woman who abused and neglected my brother and deserves what's coming to her." She shook her head slightly. "Anyway, my brother didn't come with me when I came looking for her, and I found her living in Dahlia de Mai, so I joined. I found my brother in Crimson Dreams a few months later, and he was afraid of our mother, so I moved there to be with him. We used to be really close, until he left a long time ago." She did not know if the girl would know of her mother, so she left out mention of Tokyo's name just incase, for some ridiculous reason, the girl actually liked her mother.

The young woman was not particularly fond of talking about her mother—there was too much hurt there, still simmering beneath the surface that she refused to let show. Instead, she directed the conversation back to the Dahlian girl. "What's your name?" she asked with an encouraging smile. Princess could tell that the girl was more timid than she had ever been, but she did not mind doing most of the talking.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> <3?

Gray irises focused intently at the strange girl as she spoke about her past, and Vesle imagined Tokyo in front of her eyes as Princess spoke. She had only ever seen the female a few times, but never spoken to her. She didn't seem like she wanted to chat with someone like Vesle, so the gray girl had stayed away. She was good at spotting those who might not be so great to be friends with. It wasn't hard to imagine someone being a bad mother. Vesle had few recollections of Mew, so she had little to go on, but she remembered one thing very clearly; Mew had died, and her father did not want her. She kept the thought that any mother is better than no mother to herself, and her lips moved to form another O. "Oh..." she said again, not quite used to keeping conversations with anyone other than her closest family going. "Do you miss him?" It was a stupid question, she knew. Family did that, except maybe for Tokyo, apparently.

Her facial expression quickly changed as she blushed heavily again, realizing that she had not offered her name when Princess had. How rude of her! "I'm Vesle... Vesle Soul is my name." She paused awkwardly. "Since you lived in Dahlia de Mai.. did you know Mew?" It wasn't as if she really wanted to know anything. What was there to know? Knowing would change nothing, but she could not stop herself from asking these things.

[/html]
[html]

<3! 300+ words.

“I do miss him,” she admitted plainly. Princess had struggled with the departure of her brother for many months after the fact and she was only just coming to full terms with it. Haven had helped some, but it had been her talk with Niro that had really helped her to see that it was okay to miss him, but that she should not be angry. The mohawked wolf had done what he could to explain himself and his thoughts and even though they were not the words Princess had wanted to hear, she had to admit that they had helped a great deal. “Do you have any brothers or sisters?” Ares was not her only sibling, she knew; she had three deceased ones, for certain, that her mother had killed, but she also knew that Tokyo had been pregnant quite some time ago. Whether or not any of them had survived was beyond her, though, and she doubted she even wanted to know.

Though the name of Soul was made infamous by Haku, Princess only knew of a few of them. She knew little of the history of the family, with the exception of knowing that Haku had been a crazy man. “Vesle is a pretty name,” she commented, considering it. It was unusual, but it sounded pretty, and she could not comment on unusual names. Her own was a very bizarre choice, but it fit her well, she supposed. Her time in Dahlia de Mai had been brief, less than three months by only a few days. The Lady of the Court tried to think of those she knew, but it had been such a long time ago. She shook her head. “No, I’m sorry, but I don’t think I knew a Mew… Were they family?” She couldn’t imagine why else Vesle would be asking. Mew was probably a relative and not in Dahlia de Mai anymore, for whatever reason.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> I'm on the verge of dropping this one because of my real-life busy-levels, but if you're up for it I'd like to try and finish this thread first, at least. Does that work for you? Smile It's been much slower than I would like for it to have been going, and for the amount of inspiration I have for this girl, really, but that's what happens when uni rapes me, I guess...

The other whispered seductively plainly, and Vesle very nearly blushed. It had been a silly thing to ask with an obvious answer, and when the obvious answer arrived it felt kind of awkward. Luckily, Princess moved the conversation onward, and Vesle's ears moved upwards again. For a brief moment, they had drooped a little, without her knowing. "Yes, two, actually. There's my sister Keeleigh, and my brother Dexter." She didn't spend nearly enough time with them, and though Keeleigh sometimes tried to talk with her to understand why, it seemed like Dexter didn't even want to talk to her - so it was all sorting itself out, that way. Keeleigh gave up their hopeless, nonexistent conversations, and Vesle went back to thinking about the past and blurred memories. "They're both older than me by quite a few minutes. But I look younger than I am," she said, now stretching her back a little as if it could somehow increase her height, even though she was sitting.

She was not used to receiving compliments, and especially not for her name. She did not even know what it meant!. "Thanks," she muttered awkwardly, glancing to the book and up again, lacking anywhere else to look. She wasn't very good at conversation, was she? The topic of her mother didn't help, exactly. The word 'mother' hovered on her tongue before the silvery girl decided to slide the other a white lie. For some odd reason, that was easier. "Oh, sort of... I didn't really know her, but I stayed with her nephews, Conor and Emwe." Not exactly a lie, it was all completely true. The name 'Emwe' rang sourly on her tongue, but she didn't make a face. She rarely did, except when someone mentioned her father by name. Maybe because his name was so strange.

[/html]
[html]

Whatever works for you! Sorry for the late reply. :<

The Lady Chance did not spend much time thinking about her brother if she could help it. Despite having forgiven him for leaving her thanks to Niro's counsel, the woman did not often wish to think about him. It was still a fresh wound, despite the passing time, and she was glad for the topic to move on to Vesle's siblings. She did not know why the silver girl's ears drooped for a moment, but it would probably be rude to ask. "What are your siblings like?" she asked instead. It seemed to be a safe question to ask, since Vesle didn't seem unhappy to talk about them, but then... Princess wasn't exactly the best at reading others and their expressions and emotions.

"Oh," she said, annoyed with herself that she had assumed Mew to be a family member or something. She did not want Vesle to think she had said something wrong, though, so she kept her annoyance to herself. "I knew Conor when I lived there, but not well," she added. It had been more of knowing who he was than actually knowing him. "Does Catalyst still live there, do you know?" She had been the first "friend," if she could be called that, that Princess had made in Dahlia de Mai. She waited for an answer before speaking again. "So what do you like to do, Vesle?" Family and old lives could be a difficult subject to talk about for long.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thank you for being so patient Smile

Vesle smiled broadly when Princess asked about her siblings. She did know her siblings, though she rarely spent time with them. They were all so old now and went their own ways in the day time; she'd be surprised if Keeleigh didn't find a mate soon. And she had always thought that Dexter was quite handsome, so the same might go for him. "Keeleigh is pretty... lively. She's usually off somewhere being cheeky. Dexter's handsome, he reminds me of Conor because he's the calm type. He's the oldest, and acts like it," she smiled. "I guess they're both very different from me. Comes with the strange size." The gray girl glanced at the other with a sheepish face. It was true; she had always felt on the outside because of it. Then again she would just have to settle on the idea at some point, like her sister had. Keeleigh, too, was small, though not quite as tiny as Vesle.

Vesle very nearly sighed with relief when Princess did not inquire further on the subject of her mother. It wasn't like she knew about their relation anyways, so what was there to ask about? She had effectively spoiled the chance of Mew as a conversation subject, and Vesle was glad of it. Perhaps she was disappointed as well, but mostly in herself. She was used to that feeling. "Yeah? Conor's nice, I'm glad he's the alpha of Dahlia now. I never did like Haku, the little I remember of him." Mew had not always seemed entirely certain about her brother, and the litter had picked up on it with ease. Catalyst was a familiar name, but brought no face to match with it. "I don't think I remember any Catalyst. But Conor has housed many stray pups and I was pretty young when he had most of them. There's no 'Catalyst' there anymore, anyways." It was almost embarrasing not to know more than she did. She was so seclusive! And as far as she knew, her mother had been the same. Would she follow in her footsteps and become an ermit as well, with no friends to lean on? That was the image the gil had of her mother; those were the facts she had gathered. She blushed. "Oh.. I like to," she hesitated. She couldn't say 'be alone'. "Well I like to look at these pictures here, even if I don't know what the writing is all about." On a whim, she turned the covers so the angle fit better with Princess line of sight and pointed to a picture of a little goblin-like picture. It read 'vette'. "Can you read? I think this is the name of it."

<style>
.marit-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.marit-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#FFCC00; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.marit-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marit-a01 b {color:#cb919a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marit-a01 {background-color:#7e535a; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... rmmtrn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:170px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #08090b; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#08090b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.marit-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.marit-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a06972; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

<3 225 words.

Princess did not think that there was much to be considered strange about Vesle's size, but then, the young woman was also very small herself. Princess had always been smaller than everyone else, and the size difference was incredibly noticable with Haven. Though comical, there were times when the size difference did get on her nerves. She did not want to be any larger, certainly not—she enjoyed her small, delicate figure thank you very much—but she did find the fact that she needed to be picked up to kiss him if he did not bend down a bit strange. "I don't think there's anything strange about your size. I mean, I've always been really small, too," she said, though maybe Vesle was older than she had originally thought if she was so small for her age. Her size didn't seem strange, though.

Her eyes travelled to the image that Vesle pointed to. Princess could read and did it often, but only, unfortunately, in English. It was not a word she recognized immediately, but the letters were familiar enough. "I think it says 'vette,' but I'm not really sure what it means. I think you're right that it's the name," she added. It seemed like a safe bet. Princess smiled at Vesle, glad she could be helpful for the sall pretty Dahlian girl.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]