transient. {J}
Character Name: Nathair
Character Birthdate: 10th March 2009
Regular wolf/Luperci: Luperci
Species: Canis lupus lupus
Secondary form of contact: cfaine@hotmail.co.uk (MSN)
Currently played characters: N/A
How I found 'Souls: Forum advert
Initial post-

--

[html](I hope I've done everything right, I'm sure I've missed something... this site looks lovely, but I'm still getting to grips with the idea of roleplaying a Luperci! Big Grin)

Although he had never turned down a potential adventure yet, Nathair had to admit to himself, now, in private, that the whole journey had become somewhat taxing. Going across the sea! Finding new lands! It all sounded very thrilling on paper, even more so verbally, but he hadn't counted for how long it would be before he could return to the state of relative luxury he had always enjoyed. He longed to be back at home, in his little sweet-scented cottage, with a familiar landscape to stare out at. He wasn't even ashamed to think it. His back ached and he longed to sit in a chair. Not because it would offer him too much respite - he was, after all, in lupus form at present, but just because of its familiarity. Hell, he longed even to be back in the ship that brought him here, ill as it made him feel.

However, all these little annoyances aside, he was at least mostly content for the moment. He had spent several days resolutely confined to his most primitive of forms, his claws itching to hold a pen, taking in what he could of his new surroundings. Having arrived further north, he had taken the liberty of hiring a small boat for himself, learning very hastily how to use it as simply as he could, and had drifted further south along the coastline in order to take his bearings. He knew packs resided here - there was a certain, very distinct desire to conquer that lifestyle, being a member of a pack again. It had been so long. No doubt they were different to his old uncle's near Wales, simply due to location, but also because he just knew it would be much bigger. Much grander. He'd heard names, of the groups that lived here, seemingly so close in proximity.

Now he stood on the borders of the one had discovered this morning. The itch to discover what life in a big pack was biting at him, exciting him, as every new prospect did. Childishly, he considered the long-term only briefly, and did not take time in imagining whether he could live here for a long time - what did he know of loyalties, though? Keeping his head, for the moment, vainly high to observe, bright, curious eyes blinking in the sun, Nathair sat. After a moment he picked up the coat with all his worldly possessions (very few) stashed in its pockets in his jaws, and flung it deftly over his head. Now that it rested awkwardly on his back, he waited. For anything, really. Who knew what could happen here?
[/html]

[html]

Welcome to 'Souls! =D That was a great post, and I'm excited to see a new joiner! 300+ words.

The scent was faint, but it was present, and Vigilante followed it carefully, hoping to find the source quickly. It was not a heavy, intruding scent, and he held himself amicably as he scoped out the borders, trotting in the direction that he thought the scent was coming from. Curled tail rested flat on his back, as he guessed he would not need to hold himself too dominantly. Because this scent had not traipsed right into their pack's territory, Vigilante could only guess that the stranger at the borders understood what a pack was about and expected. This was pleasing to the King, as he knew that his pack seemed to be the target for trespassers, though none lately, thankfully. Still, it was always necessary to be vigilant, and so he was at all points in time, listening and watching.

Vigilante finally found the source of the stranger scent, belonging to a dark wolf sitting at their borders with a large coat draped over his back. Vigilante, even in his regular lupus form, seemed to be larger than the stranger, but that was unsurprising. Most canines were smaller than he was, even those fo pure wolf descent. This he had always found strange, given that he did not have a drop of wolf blood in him, but he seemed to have been gifted with a very large size, regardless. Jade eyes searched the stranger for a moment, and Vigilante picked up the heavy scent of salt on him, suggesting he had spent a great deal of time on, or at least near, the ocean.

"Hello," he said pleasantly. "I am Vigilante Haskel, King of this pack whose borders you sit at, Cour des Miracles. Is there something I can help you with?" He held himself formally, as he usually did, very proper and polite as he awaited an answer from the ebony wolf, jade eyes looking at the steel blue of Nathair's.

<style type="text/css">
.vigilion b {font-weight:bold; color:#EDC562; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.vigilion-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#EDC562; text-align:right; }
.vigilion p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.vigilion {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#DE6D05; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... gilion.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #602201; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#602201; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Please reply by September 18th (5 days from now) if you are still interested in joining. Thank you! Big Grin