A new job
[html]
Welcome to a world where the air I breathe is mine \\:OOC

Word Count: 438. Worth 2 points.

IC:// Nothing to overwhelm me and nothing to cloud my mind

Hanna cast yet another fervent glance in the direction of the stables, causing Galilahi to lay her ears back for probably the hundredth time since their departure not an hour prior. The Elan Soquili couldn't help it. Despite Désirée being classified in the tribe as a ranking adult (though she had not yet chosen a skill or a job path) her mother could not help but be worried about her daughter, who was after all not quite nine months old. Never mind that at nine months old, Hanna herself had run away from home in search of her sister, without any regard to her mother's thoughts on the matter.

With another resigned sigh, Hanna turned her eyes back to the fencing that enclosed the grassy pasture where the horses grazed in fair weather. She was checking for any breaks in the fencing where the animals could potentially escape the enclosure, as retrieval could prove difficult for the tribe if any of their newer acquisitions were among the lost.

Scanning ahead twenty or so yards, Hanna thought she saw a weak spot in the otherwise sturdy wooden fence. The female nudged her mount into a lope, clearing the distance with ease, and dismounted before Gali had even fully stopped. The impact stung her feet a little, but it kept her from using the spare moment to worry again. The painted mare helped further, making noises indicating that she could, and with little provocation would remove Hanna's tail if she glanced south one more time. Hanna didn't doubt that Gali would hold to her threat, and so she kept her eyes on the fence as she tested the various bars for any spots that seemed to bow to pressure, tail flattened sub-consciously against her rump.

Finally she stepped back, her inspection finished. Her right hand sought out one of her knives, drew it, and then used it to make a slight notch in the upright post just to the right of the crossbars she had tested. To her eyes, and to those of the other animal caretakers once she told them, the notches indicated that these would need replaced within a moon's span. Deftly re-sheathing the knife, Hanna remounted her horse and urged her further along the fence line.

The sun was high when she finally finished checking the fence, notching each problem area that was not an immediate concern, so it was with alacrity that she returned to the barn. She had more work to do, sure, but at least it could be done in the relative cool of the barn, instead of under the sun's glare.

<style type="text/css">
.susquehanna-a01 .ooc-head {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:10px; padding:3px}
.susquehanna-a01 .ooc-head b {color:#021F2B;}
.susquehanna-a01 .ic-head {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:10px; padding:3px}
.susquehanna-a01 .ic-head b {color:#021F2B;}
.susquehanna-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2B4532; letter-spacing:1px; }
.susquehanna-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.susquehanna-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.susquehanna-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#252f4f; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... dscopy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#5e916d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]