I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale
[html]<style type="text/css">
.dump4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#23222a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump4 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.dump4 {width:400px;border:1px solid #23222a;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... edump4.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:190px;background-color:#785c64;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#e1d3d3;}
</style>

Bris needs to get out more! ^^

WC: 859

Bris' confidence was slowly beginning to recover. To tell the truth, she was tired of hiding. Sure, she could just spend the rest of her life safely tucked behind the rigid border of Dahlia de Mai, but that wasn't what her soul wanted. The white Stormbringer had never been a fan of being couped up anywhere. She was like the wind: she wanted to go wherever her feet would lead her. She wanted to explore, to see things, to know the world and territories surrounding her home. Hybrid Holocaust had stripped Bris of that ability for too long, and the young woman was finally beginning to defy her fear.

Of course, Bris wasn't stupid, either. She was taking her occasional trips outside of Dahlia slowly, usually venturing into Ethereal Eclipse and the other neutral lands that shared the pack's border. She'd already discovered that even this was sometimes too far, as the last encounter with the Inferni beast had happened in the Eclipse. However, steps were being taken by Conor and others to help keep Bris as safe as possible, for which she was thankful, but lately it had made her feel more like a prisoner than anything else. After all, Kol's killer still stalked her in her dreams, so she wasn't really safe anywhere.

Night was beginning to fall as Bris found herself at what seemed to be the end of today's journey. The western sky to her back was painted a plethora of violets and pinks, and the stars were coming out in droves in the eastern sky before her. Yet neither of these scenes captured Bris' attention as much as the large grey building she was approaching. The woman's mismatched eyes widened in awe at the sheer size of the structure. Sure, there were large buildings in Wolfville, but even though some of them dwarfed this grey-stoned building in simple size, the castle simply projected a feeling of mass and enormity unmatched by the more modern structures in Dahlia. The metal, glass, and wood shelters of varying uses in Wolfville seemed downright flimsy compared the stone monstrosity that towered over Bris.

The Dahlian had only ever seen buildings like this in old human stories, tales of knights and royalty. So this was what a castle was. There were chips in the stone, places where the walls and parapets were ragged and crumbling, but it didn't matter. Bris' mind filled in the blanks, imagining the structure as it could have looked when it was built, and she very nearly held her breath as her snowy feet carried her inside. The massive oak doors were open, leaning on broken hinges, and Bris dared not touch them for fear of unhinging them completely. The room she'd entered was enormous and intact. There seemed to be several archways on either side of the room, no doubt leading to other chambers. Dark tapestries lined the walls, but though Bris' night vision was good, most of the minute details were lost without proper light to view them by. Eyes still wide in wonder, the white werewolf approached one of the fabric art pieces silently, unable to resist the urge to touch. Her black palm was placed ever so lightly on its surface, almost reverently. A soft smile of awe stretched across the woman's lips as she ran her hand delicately across the tapestry, absolutely amazed at the texture she could feel in the weaving. It was just a shame she had nothing to light a torch with; she would have to wait until morning to get a better glimpse at the scenes depicted on the tapestries.

Disappointed at this prospect, yet still enthralled with the castle itself, Bris pulled her hand from the wall hanging and turned in the direction of the archway to the left of her. The room beyond it was darker than black, and the woman had a feeling that she'd be better off waiting till morning to explore most of the outer rooms. The moon hadn't risen yet, and the lack of light through the small windows of the building made things a bit lackluster, to say the least. Besides, the castle would provide the perfect shelter for the night, seeing as how Bris was reluctant to make the return trip all the way back to Dahlia in the darkness. The shores of the Trenches were a bit too far from home for the white woman to feel confident about being caught in the open. Unlike Kol, who could become a shadow herself with her charcoal pelt, Bris' snowy white fur contrasted quite sharply with the blanket of night.

Comfortable with her decision, Bris decided to make her way up the large staircase at the end of the room. She assumed there were sleeping chambers on the upper floor of the castle, but that wasn't entirely the reason for seeking a respite there. From a second-story room facing west, the Dahlian would hopefully be alerted to anyone approaching before they knew she was still inside. Her scent was fairly obvious, to be sure, but Bris might be able to slip away before anyone figured out where she was.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!

[/html]
[html]
Gah so short! WC: 454 {3 points}

Layla had taken it upon herself to make some patrols around the border like her mate Saluce. Since the now two bear attacks, she had become more aware of their presence and wanted to keep her pack mates safe. Maybe she was overdoing it like her mate but better safe than sorry. The mistress was at least proud that the second time she met the beast, she was able to help fight it off without the party getting too badly hurt. She felt proud of herself and now it was back to her duties. Her life was dull so she wanted to get out more and if patrols were something then why not do them.

Layla was still in her lupus form as she made her way back to her home. Turning her view to the castle in wolfville, she was curious as to what may be inside. Knowing though that her mate would expect her home soon, she figured she would stop back at home and inform the behemoth on what she was going to do. She crouched down and spirited home to inform him. Seeing as he wasn't home just yet, she would have to make a note and explain to him where she was going. Shifting forms, her body changed, she grew taller, and her hair grew back. She slinked over to the back room and grabbed a blank page from her herb notebook and began to write the note to her love. "Messieurs Mystérieux, I will only be out for a little while. I'm going to go check out the castle for a bit. Maybe if I get lucky I'l find a new outfit or something we cna have in the house. Je vous aime (I love you). Maîtresse sombre." Once the note was done, Layla raced upstairs to dress herself and then headed back outside. Her satchel around her shoulder and she was ready.

As the mistress approached the castle, it seemed as if someone had already come in. She shrugged off the idea, figuring whoever had come in had already left. searching through the castle, she found some unused cloth, perfect for her to use for another outfit. While her search continued, she caught onto the scent of someone. It wasn't foreign and in fact it was from her own pack. Carefully following the scent upstairs and to one of the quarters where she noticed a white wolf. It didn't take long for Layla to realize who she was. It was Bris, Gideon's aunt. This would be a great time to get to know her better. With a smile on her face, the mistress approached her. "Hello Bris. What brings you here this time of night?"

[/html]
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump4 {width:400px;border:1px solid #23222a;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... edump4.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:190px;background-color:#785c64;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#e1d3d3;}
</style>

Sorry for the wait hon! Future replies will be faster, though I still won't be able to perfectly match your speed. XD And this is short because for some reason I've gotten SUPER busy today. x.x

She knew the other Dahlian was there before Layla had entered the room. Bris had been dozing lightly, seated on the floor with her back to the wall, her head rested on her shoulder where she'd been gazing out the window while awake. Though the sounds were subdued, Layla's movements on the bottom floor of the castle had pulled the white woman out of her dreams. She'd been alarmed at first, though she'd relaxed quickly when the cool night breeze that swirled throughout the drafty castle had brought with it the scent of the other Dahlian lady.

Bris waited patiently for the older shewolf's soft footsteps to ascend the stairway. Her violet and sapphire eyes were fixed on the night sky beyond the casement, one leg pulled up so she could rest an arm on her knee. It was an absolutely gorgeous summer night.

When Layla entered, a bit surprised to find Bris in the room, the jager smiled softly. "Layla, hey. I needed to get out of Dahlia for awhile. I was feeling a bit...restless I guess. What're you doing all the way out here?" The Stormbringer remained in her comfortable position against the wall, her body language nonconfrontational. She had no desire to leave the castle anytime soon, but Layla was more than welcome to join her for as long as she liked.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!

[/html]
[html]

Lol no problem. Sorry for bugging you about this thread. I just saw you putting up so many replies before that I thought you had forgotten about this one. I know now. Btw can you use your imagination for the dress she picks out? I can't find any good pictures xD. WC: 392 {3 points}

When Layla first entered the building, she was not even aware that Bris was there as well. She wasn’t making any movements above her, so she thought she was the only one here. The mistress was taking a little time too look through all the things the castle had to offer. Surely there were some old outfits or some cloth that she could use in here. Not finding much on the first floor, she made her way to the second floor and headed for one of the bedrooms. What bedroom wouldn’t have a closet with some old clothes in it? It was the perfect thought and idea to go looking there first.

After entering and meeting up with Bris, she made her way around the room looking for the room’s closet. She did take note as to what the white she wolf was saying as she looked around. So she wanted to get out of the pack lands for a while? The mistress could understand the want to get away from pack life if she spent most of her time there. The black and white she wolf didn’t exactly feel the same because she liked to go out exploring. Every time she went out exploring, she seemed to discover something new, so she preferred this life instead of being stuck in Dahlia de Mai all the time. She light hearted laugh came from the she wolf as she turned back to that lilac gaze. ”Oh I passed by on the way and figured I stop in to see what this place looked like. It’s quite amazing. I figured maybe there’d be something nice to wear here too so here I am.”

Once Bris had laid back against the wall, Layla went back to her hunt for some more clothes. Upon finding the closet, she wagged her tail happily and slowly opened it. There was a variety of clothes hanging there for her to choose from. There was one dress that caught her eye. It was light blue like her eyes and had a bit of lace on it. Her tail wags increased as she took the dress out of the closet and held it up against her figure. She turned around and faced Bris with the dress still against her. ”What do you think Bris? Do you think Saluce will like this?”

<style type="text/css"> .ll b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f9aa8; letter-spacing:1px; } .ll .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#cccdd1; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ll p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #69727d} .ll {margin:0 auto; width:352px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/ll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
</style>

<333333333333 Bris needs a girly friend. XD
WC: 369

Bris had never been one to wear clothing, she found them to be constricting and uncomfortable. Yet she knew of plenty of wolves who did enjoy the human creations, and she smiled as Layla held up the dress. It was a gorgeous color, having been kept safe from the fading effects of sunlight over the past decades. The bright blue matched the other Dahlian's eyes perfectly, and the subtle patches of lace added a feminine delicacy to it. Though Bris chose not to wear such things herself, she could certaintly appreciate the craftsmanship and skill that went into such things. "It's gorgeous Layla! I'm sure Saluce will love it on you! Try it on and make sure it fits!

With her last sentence, the white woman rose from her comfortable position and walked over to the older Dahlian, intent on helping her put the dress on. Most of the dresses Bris had seen of a similar style all fastened in the back, and she was always left wondering how human females must have always managed to find someone to help them get into the fancy things. The Stormbringer couldn't imagine twisting one's arm around at odd angles to try to fasten them alone.

As she waited patiently for Layla to get to the point of needing help, Bris voiced a few things that she'd been wondering about lately. "So, just how are things between you and Saluce? He's a good catch, and you seem to have wrestled him down pretty easily. How in the world did it happen so fast?" The Stormbringer smiled, genuinely happy in the other woman's mateship. Layla and the Tremblay male made a fairly striking couple and seemed to matched well together. It had just shocked her how easily they'd slipped into courtship! It could even be possible that Bris was a little envious of that ease with which they accepted each other. Things were definitely not going badly between Bris and her object of affection, but they were moving at a snail's pace. The white woman understood Conor's need to take things slowly well, but she couldn't help but wish every now and then that he would just take a damned leap of faith.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!

[/html]
[html]

So sorry for the long wait D:. WC: 1,024 {10 points}

The night began to sink into the windows of the magnificent structure as Layla spent more time with Bris. She could see the stars forming in the sky as well as the moon peeking out. Its bright light shined into the empty room and made the female’s white fur seemed to glow. The night almost seemed magical. It was nice to be spending such a wonderful night with another member of her pack. Bris was a gentle spirit and would make a great friend to the mistress. She wanted nothing more than to be close with all the members of her pack. This was also good because it would give the black and white she wolf the chance to see what Bris was truly like. The last time she met the female was briefly in the pack territory with Gideon. Now she was finally getting the chance to know her more. Her smile returned to her face as she thought of the start of their friendship. She couldn’t wait to return home and tell Saluce the news about her and Bris becoming close friends. Her tail began to wag with joy as her mind drifted away into dreamland. For the moment, it was like she was in her own little world.

Layla was brought back from her distraction when Bris commented on the dress she picked out. The mistress had never tried on anything fancy and was glad to her that her new friend like the way it looked. She carefully began to slip into the dress and twirl around to see how it looked while she was moving. The outfit was so beautiful and loved how it matched the hue of her eyes. Perhaps the outfit would look even better if she had something to tie her hair up with. She looked around the room and found a fancy ribbon. Her excitement only continued to increase as she tied her hair up with the ribbon. Some of her dark hair was still left hanging, most of the strands having beads attached to them. She then noticed the white female coming over to help her out. The back of the dress was still not hooked together in the back and was glad to have Bris hook it together. She smiled once it was all done and twirled around to face her. ”Thank you so much for your help Bris. I sure hope Saluce will like how this looks on me. I think it looks beautiful.” Her tail continued to wag in amusement and happiness.

Speaking of Saluce, perhaps there was an outfit somewhere in the castle that she could give to Saluce. She knew the behemoth was not much for clothes, but surely he wouldn’t mind having a nice outfit in case they wanted to do something special together. Layla turned her attention back to Bris as she asked how she and Saluce were doing. She smiled and took a seat. ”Things have been going great with him. Saluce is a wonderful man. I don’t know how I got so lucky to tame a wild soul like him.” It was a surprise how far she and the male had gotten since she first met him. He was tamed my her touch and as gentle as a mouse. The black and white she wolf had no idea what she did to deserve such a loving male, but she was thankful for everything Saluce had done for her. ”I have no idea how it happened so fast. It just sort of happened. Maybe it was a ‘love at first sight’ thing. He was so kind from the moment I met him to the moment that I left him to go back home. I guess from then we just kept running into each other and our love built off that.” She watched the female smile before she adjusted her hair a bit. The beads were in her way so she just pushed them out of the way. Once she was done adjusting, she moved her orbs into the female’s multicolored ones. ”So Bris, is there anyone in the pack that you have your eyes on?” She moved back a bit so she wasn’t in her face, so that it didn’t look like the mistress was overly curious.

While the female was thinking, Layla got up and headed towards the door. ”I’ll be right back. I’ll give you a little time to think.” She slipped out of the door and looked through some of the other sleeping chambers. She finally found one of sleeping chambers that had clothes for males. She smiled and began to go through them, hoping there was something there that Saluce would like. Finally she found something. There was a dark turquoise and red cape hanging inside the closet. She smiled and pulled it off the rack. The mistress held it in front of her and tried to imagine what it looked like on the behemoth. She went back into searching the room and found a silver mask. This was perfect. With a small laugh she tried on the mask. It would fit well with his dark gray fur. She gathered the garnments and returned to the room where she was sure Bris was waiting for her to return. She entered and took her seat once more. She held up the items she found and showed them to the white she wolf. ”Do you think Saluce would look good in this? I thought it would look nice since he seems like such a mysterious wolf.” She began to fold up the cape as she waited for her companion’s opinion. She was sure that the behemoth would love her gift as long as long as she wore the dress for him. She wondered when the perfect time to wear this would be. It would have to be on a special night when the two of them were alone. It would have to be during the day so that he would be able to see the intensity of the blue on the dress. The ideas began to bloom in her head as the night continued on.

<style type="text/css"> .ll b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f9aa8; letter-spacing:1px; } .ll .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#cccdd1; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ll p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #69727d} .ll {margin:0 auto; width:352px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/ll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]