There is Life in every breath
[html]

dated to September 5th 300+

The hospitality and kindness that Layla had showed her the day before had made an impression on her. Perhaps it was rash, to want to settle in the first pack that she had seen, but she saw nothing here that made her think she would not be content. At least as content as she could be in such a strange and unfamiliar land as this. There were houses and the areas she had seen yesterday were beautiful. If everyone here were as nice and respectful as the black and white wolfess then Tsukiko thought she would be able to get along with everyone well. Before she had slept last night she had talked things over with Setsuna and her companion had agreed that this Dahlia de Mai seemed a fine territory. Content with the knowledge that the wise cat agreed with her, the girl had gone to sleep with the goal of waking up the next day to seek out Conor, the one who led the wolves here.

As had become her habit while traveling, she woke with the sun and quickly searched out a place to bathe. She wanted to make as good as a first impression upon the leader as she could. Once she was clean she scurried back to finish making herself ready. She rearranged her hair and put in her pearl accents. Then she dug one of her kimonos out of her pack, the one with the cherry blossom design. Throughout her travels she had only worn plain yukatas so as not to get her few good garments soiled or ripped. This was the first time since she had left Japan to wear anything bright and fitting of a noble daughter. Once she was finished dressing, she smoothed the fabric out and presented herself to Setsuna. "Watashi ha teisai gayoku mie masuka?" The coal black feline looked her up and down with a satisfactory air. "Anataha Shimazu noyouni mie masu. Watashitachi ni ika setekudasai."

Layla had told her which house belonged to Conor and as she approached the structure her heart pounded up in her throat. These houses and buildings here were not what she was used to and so she was not entirely sure how to gain his attention. Swallowing hard she walked up to the door and stood there for a moment before looking back down at Setsuna. The cat nodded, urging her on. With a deep breath and exhale to try and calm her nerves, Tsukiko rose her hand and knocked delicately on the hard wooden door. She had no idea what to expect from this encounter, but she listened to the words Setsuna had told her: Just be yourself.

<style type="text/css"> .tsu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdc514; letter-spacing:1px; } .tsu .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#4a2711; padding-top:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .tsu p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #af772e} .tsu {margin:0 auto; width:510px; background-color:#f18a2d; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... sukiko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... onor_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I apologize for the wait, love. Muse is absent these days <3

The house was rather quiet today. He knew what that meant. In the very start, the young canine had been forced to get accustomed to the obligatory noise that followed children wherever they went. They were all growing up, and for every day that went the house felt a little bit hollower. It was the way of nature, but he would miss the constant sound of laughter and young voices filling the house where he and Alexey once had lived with the majority of the puppies of Dahlia. His mind would have continued onwards to melancholy when thinking of the missing children, but a gentle knock sounded against the door and the Soul male in the living room rose from the couch and went straight ahead to answer it. He welcomed company as most of the day had been spent alone. The children were always busy with their own things and Bris seemed to have matters of her own as well today.

The golden male opened the door and could not instantly mask his surprise as the most peculiarly clothed woman was found on the other side. Conor knew with certainty that he had never laid eyes on her before. Overall this would seem like a grotesque breach of etiquette, but he was not cruel and strict like his father. He knew that it was likely that she had been invited in by another member. What was peculiar was that she was standing alone outside his door. The usual smile soon found his handsome features. She was saving him from boredom, so she was excused for whatever crimes, if she had committed any at all. He doubted she had. ”Well, hello,” soft tones spoke warmly at the stranger with the magnificent kimono. He did not recognize the style, but he guessed well when he took it as if she was far from here.

”Can I help you, Lady?” he then asked, opening the door fully to not seem rude if the stranger was sensitive for such things. White tipped tail waved behind him in good spirits; curious of this strange lady that had arrived on his doorstep.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

No worries! <3 500+

Even though it did not take long for her knocking to be answered, the moments seemed to drag on painfully, and the footsteps coming towards her sounded like a giant's that shook the Earth. The girl swallowed nervously, never would she have expected to be in this position, asking for leave to live somewhere. It had certainly not been what her lot in life had been intended to be. She was the daughter of a noble family, meant to help rule the lands of her family and dictate what occurred there. Tsukiko had been transformed from prince to pauper nearly overnight, and more shocking still was it was a choice she had made for herself. The ramifications of it were just now hitting her though, as she stood outside the door of the man who was decide whether or not she could stay in Dahlia de Mai.

The door opened, and revealed a multi-hued golden man who was not nearly so old as she would have expected. Older than her, for certain, but not what she would have imagined the leader of this place to be aged. It seemed the customs here were completely different than those in her native land. His face initially showed surprise, and her hands clutched tightly together in front of her, her face flushing with nerves and embarrassment. The Japanese femme guessed she couldn't blame him for looking at her that way, surely he had never seen anyone quite like her. The closest trade town was far away from here and she doubted any others from Japan had been here. Soon his surprise morphed into a pleasant smile though, and she didn't feel quite so odd as she had in the moments before. Her nerves still buzzed though, for treading on such unfamiliar territory, in every meaning of the word. After he spoke initially she bowed her head respectfully. "G-Greetings, Conor-sama, leader of this territory." At least she hoped that this was Conor. It would be horribly embarrassing if she had just addressed the wrong person.

"My name is Tsukiko Shimazu. I was invited into your lands yesterday by Layla-san. She was very kind to me, for I had just arrived here, and was lost." The Shimazu fey had figured that she had better explain her presence here. It would probably have been rude to be here if she had not been invited in by someone. She took a breath and continued, the English words still strange for her tongue to form. "I have come here from far away, a place called Japan. I could no longer stay in my home, and came to these lands to seek refuge. I wish to stay here, in Dahlia de Mai, if you will allow me to." It was a very short, very abridged version of her predicament, but she felt it wouldn't be proper to go into the whole story at this very moment. If Conor wished to hear it all though, she would tell it to him. Cautiously, her cerulean eyes rose to his face, hoping to see some clues as to what he thought.

<style type="text/css"> .tsu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdc514; letter-spacing:1px; } .tsu .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#4a2711; padding-top:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .tsu p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #af772e} .tsu {margin:0 auto; width:510px; background-color:#f18a2d; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... sukiko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Weird reply, sorries! 500+

Her lightly flushing cheeks complimented her, and he continued to feel taken aback by her foreign clothes and features. Once he would have spluttered and stumbled in his own sentences in the presence of someone like her, but he had matured beyond his short year and a half of life after taking the flower scented crown of Dahlia de Mai. Clearly intrigued, though someone else had already seized his warm, beating heart. Bris was dressed in winter’s white and her eyes two of those hues seen in the northern lights; quite different from the foreign woman’s warmer hues. Her dress was lovely though—the young leader did not believe he had seen anything similar with his own eyes.

She knew who he was and when she spoke with accent revealing that their worlds were far apart. Or perhaps not; she was here, wasn’t she? Soft caramel hued ears leaned back towards his skull in quiet awe of this alien creature. Envy was already there, whispering about foreign shores and places he was likely never to see. A nod of understanding was given to the petite creature when her name as well as Layla’s was added to her well formed sentences. Tsukiko revealed her homeland and the young man could feel the corners of his lips continue to rise as his heart pushed rhythmically against the inner walls of his chest.

It was very hard to push the questions back, but she was not here to tell him stories. She said she sought refuge and his interest in her would have to rest. This was not the time. ”I’m honoured to meet you, Tsukiko,” he breathed softly, wondering about the customs and manners from her world. She seemed civilized there across the ocean. How he would have loved to see that world beyond the dark waters of salt and endless blue. ”I trust in Layla’s judgement,” he said almost at once, voice kind and confident as he watched this beautiful creature with innocent, yet not blue-eyed, interest. If Layla had allowed her into the lands and pointed out his name and home, he would trust that this was a worthy candidate for Dahlian membership. It was not Dahlia’s custom to turn away wanderers anyway.

”Dahlia de Mai welcomes those without a home,” he continued, his smile continuing to warm up his handsome autumn colours. ”You are welcome to stay here, Tsukiko,” but she was here now, and it was never a bad thing to try to get to know the wolves he lived with. ”Though.. would you mind telling me a bit about yourself?” Then he remembered that they were still standing in the doorway. He stepped to the side and gesticulated for her to enter, though this was by no means something she had had to do. ”Forgive me for my lack of manners—would you like to come in?” Inspired by Bris’ suggestion for a cure to exhaustion, he had gotten the taste for tea. There were herbs that brought forth a smooth, rejuvenating taste, and perhaps Tsukiko Shimazu would be interested?

<style>
.conor-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conor-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conor-z91 b {color:#E3B7EA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

psh, I think it's fine! :3 mine's kinda odd too, still getting used to her :o 700+

In a manner, the Shimazu daughter was used to having her looks examined by others. Whenever she had gone out with her parents they had always received curious and reverent stares from the people who lived in their land. The children had always been especially interested, and had not yet learned to show the same subdued curiosity as the adults did, and would gape at them openly. The first time she had been taken out she had shown the same amount of unabashed interest, having spent her whole life without any playmates of her own age. Her father quickly instructed her on her etiquette though, and she learned to look with the same sideways glances that those much older than herself watched with. It was her job to be a pillar of strength and morality for these people and she had never taken that duty lightly. Tsukiko had wanted to become what her family needed her to become.

Thinking of those old experiences helped to calm her in the face of these new ones. The leader's inspection no longer plucked at her nerves like the strings of an instrument. She was a Shimazu, and she would not be weak or afraid. Even if she was afraid, she would not show it. She still had to be strong, even if her people were not here to see. This journey wasn't only an escape, but a test. The girl needed to keep up the teachings of her parents and return to Japan as the strong and respected leader she had always been meant to be. It didn't matter how long she would have to stay here, she would not lose herself, or her culture. In that subtle way, she was also examining Conor, for he was as foreign to her as she was to him. No one seemed to wear garments here, which was the first a most obvious sign that she was far out of her element. They lived in houses though. Perhaps civilization was just slower in coming to this distant corner of the world.

When he said it was an honor to meet her, she couldn't help the excited skip that her heart gave. From the moment she had left on the ship, she had told herself that she could not expect the same things that had been given to her without question in Japan. Outside of her country, she was nothing. Not a noble, not anyone. To hear something so familiar from this leader filled her with a warm sense of comfort. She would have offered the same sentiment in reply, but you did not speak or interrupt a leader back home, and she afforded Conor this same respect. He said he trusted Layla's judgment and she held her breath, waiting for what she hoped to hear. He continued, and those most hoped for words came from him. Tsukiko looked at the autumnal man brightly, unable to conceal the smile that came to her soft lips. "Arigato Conor-sama, I mean, thank you. Thank you," she said, bowing her head once more in gratitude. The truth was she still had a home, she just could not be there now. Usually such thoughts would have saddened her deeply, but for now she was too relieved to let it get to her.

"No, I do not mind." How could she, after he had just offered her a place within his pack? Such a conversation would likely be beneficial to the both of them, for she hoped to learn more about him as well. There were not many westerners that she knew, and none that she knew well. Perhaps Conor would be the first. Tsukiko knew that she would be able to learn much from him. He moved aside to allow her entrance to his home. "There is nothing to forgive. Yes, I would like that," she said with the same small smile on her delicate face. As she stepped forward Setsuna, who had been sitting behind her, came forward with her. "Oh, I forgot. This is Setsuna. She was friends with my parents, and now she is mine," The only one I truly have, "She has come with me all this way." She didn't know if felines garnered the same respect here as they did in the east, but Tsukiko could never think of Setsuna as anything less than an equal.

<style>
.tsukiko-d94 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tsukiko-d94 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tsukiko-d94 b {color:#DBF2FB; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.tsukiko-d94 {background-color:#28B5EE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... sukiko.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:223px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DBF2FB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#03374C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.tsukiko-d94-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

RAMBLE 300+

Ears perked with vibrant interest as the foreign word slipped from her unintentionally. She quickly amended with what he supposed was the translation, but his smile never faltered. Arigato, thank you. Her second bow brought doubts forth within him, for he wondered if it would be considered impolite if he just stood there. Should he return the bow or something similar? These could be seen as silly thoughts, but fascination for the lands beyond the great sea was steering his emotions with ease. He wanted to know about this woman and her country; their customs and how they led life. Fascinating! Did everyone have such perfected manners as Tsukiko?

The woman stepped forward to enter, and it was first now that the lavender eyed man laid eyes on the jet black cat behind her. A needle was pressed against his heart. Companions were uncommon, but not unheard of. When he had been younger he had often been accompanied by the fox Alco, which he had saved from Haku when it was very young. He had not seen the fox for quite a while now, and he found his thoughts reaching out for the orange animal often, though it remained gone. Setsuna was it. He knew enough to know that felines were intelligent creatures in more ways than one, so he decided to treat the cat as an equal as he did with all canines. ”My apologies, Setsuna. I did not see you there. Please, enter as well.”

Refusing to allow his doubt to manifest within the inner walls of his chest, he turned slightly to speak to the fair woman again. ”Would you be interested in some tea? I’ve picked the herbs myself, and though it may not own the same quality as proper tea, it’s not too bad.” The taste was more than alright, but he had tasted better when he first started experimenting with the hot herbal drink. It did not matter too much, for he found that it helped him relax and he felt generally healthier if he took care to down three to five cups of different herbal infusions every day.

<style>
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

my life needs to calm the eff down D: 300+

She did not expect him to return the bow that she had made. He was the leader of this land and it was not his place to bow to her on this soil. If their situations had been switched, and it were he in Japan and her in her rightful place, it would have been a much difference exchange. Tsukiko was able to make this differentiation though, difficult as it sometimes was to smother the pride that had been her birthright. The time on the ship had been a good transitional period for her. Much respect had still been given to her, but the men were sailors and were not in the habit of having nobility aboard their ship. The moon child had been allowed to ease herself into this complete reverse of her normal station in life.

Something about Conor seemed to change subtly as he saw Setsuna make herself known to their conversation. This intrigued her and for a moment she worried he had some aversion to her cat friend, but he soon recovered and spoke to her as Tsukiko had hoped that her friend would be spoken to. Setsuna, for her part, was impressed with the man's manners towards her and flicked her tail as her head nodded up at him. "No need, I had hid myself so as not to interrupt. I thank you." The interaction between Conor and her dear friend only served to heighten her sense of contentment. Setsuna would not have needed to come with her, she had no obligation outside of what she felt herself that she owed to Tsukiko's parents, and the girl would have felt awfully if she were not treated well here. This reaction gave her hope that they would both be as comfortable as could be expected in so foriegn a land.

As they entered his house more fully, he turned and made an offer to her that made her brighten even more visibly. "Oh, very interested, yes!" They drank tea here too? How wonderful! She had managed to stuff a tea pot, cups, and some of her own country's tea into her things, but she was interested to see how they brewed it here and if the flavors were different. Surely they would be, to some degree. Maybe, once she was more established here, she could offer Conor some of the tea she had brought with her from home.

<style>
.tsukiko-d94 {background-color:#28B5EE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... sukiko.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:223px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DBF2FB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#03374C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.tsukiko-d94-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

but you're AUNT ERIN Big Grin

He was positively impressed when the cat’s voice too carried the English language elegantly on its tongue. He could only smile at the smaller creature. As far as he had understood, felines were startlingly intelligent creatures, and so how could they be considered lesser creatures? Appreciation was present in the alpha’s face when he looked back to the pale female in the beautiful dress. He turned to lead them into the living room, and felt almost sorry for himself when he saw her face visibly brighten and her voice carry out an exultant yes to tea. There was no doubt that the soothing liquid was a part of her life across the wide ocean as well by the way she reacted to the idea, and he now heavily feared her reaction to his self made drink. His smile seemed to falter slightly, but it was not less genuine by the time it was established again.

”Make yourselves comfortable,” he politely said, gesticulating lightly towards the set of couches set up by the coffee table. He had not expected visitors, and so it was not as shiny and clean as he’d liked it to be, but it was far from messy. There were no longer small children in his house, and so thankfully the house did no longer look like a massacre. Inhaling deeply, he let she know the simple truth. ”Please do not expect anything magnificent; it’s a simple drink that I’ve made to help me relax. It’s probably nothing compared to what you were accustomed to in Japan.” Excusing himself swiftly, he strode into the kitchen and lit the stove. Electricity had long disappeared from these forlorn human towns, but as he had never known such luxury, he got far with some oil and a matchbox.

As the water was warming up, the young male opened several drawers in pursuit of another alternative than his self made tea, but there was nothing else he could offer. Probably just as well, because any remaining herbal tea from the days of humans was bound to be rather tasteless. Finding two most peculiar looking double-spoons like items (Conor did not know the name of this item and nor does his roleplayer, so yeah..) from another drawer, he turned to capture a small spoonful of dried herbs. Placing the two items in two cups, he patiently waited for the water to close in on the boiling point. Just before the steaming water started to boil, he took it off the stove and poured it over the dried herbs and into the cups. He wondered if he should pour up a bowl with tea for the feline as well, but decided to ask when he arrived with the two cups for him and Tsukiko. Glancing down at the red hued liquid in the two beholders, he guessed that he at least managed to get the right appearance, though he could not say whether or not it would please the woman’s taste buds.

Returning to the couch, the male smiled apologetically as he put down the cup before her on the coffee table. ”This is a red clover tea I made myself, so I apologize if the quality is mediocre.” It shouldn’t bother him this much though—at least he had something to offer. He did not know of many canines that regularly drank the hot liquid, but to be honest he was slowly developing the taste for it. There were many other herbal mixtures that he should try out as well. ”Setsuna, would you like some as well?” It would be no problem if the cat wanted a taste as well.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

yes I are! and I does loves my nephew, I does X3 500+

The pair followed the leader into his large abode, Tsukiko's eyes tracing over all the things that were strange to her. Houses were constructed quite differently here in the west, with quite varied aesthetic tastes. Of course she found the architecture of her country more beautiful and exquisite, but that was not to say that she found the Victorian house displeasing to her eye. It was merely another change, and something that would require time to adjust. With her observations she missed the slight faltering in Conor's smile, and her attention was only fully returned to the man when he asked them to make themselves comfortable. Cerulean eyes looked to the seating laid out before her. They sat upon these things instead of the floor? How odd. Of course her manners held her tongue though, and she politely settled herself on one of the cushy couches. "It is very soft," she commented. Setsuna jumped up beside her and took her own seat.

Before Conor left the room to prepare the tea, he offered an explanation to the quality of his tea, seemingly embarrassed. Before she could say anything in response though, he had excused himself. After he had been gone a moment, she spoke softly to Setsuna. "Kareha hijouni kanji ga yoi youni omowa remasu." The black feline nodded her head. "Hai. Nippon no ketaka sayori kotonaru ga ooku ha saishou nomononi mondai gaarimasen." Yes, Conor was unlike any leader that she had ever come across before. Layla's description of him had been wholly correct, he did not seem to like to take advantage of his station. Suddenly, another curiosity occurred to the Shimazu daughter: there were no servants. Conor had gone to prepare the tea himself and while there were other scents in the house, she saw no one doing any kinds of chores or tasks. "Koreha nanto iu kimyou na kuni nanoka," she commented. It was not at all hard to imagine how far away this land was from Japan. It almost felt as if she had gone to another existence entirely.

Conor returned to the room with with the tea and placed a cup down before her on the table. As he explained the brew he had made, Tsukiko put her nose above the cup and sniffed at it. It had a strange yet nice aroma, definitely not unpleasant. She looked back to the male and gave him a smile. "It may be different, but I am sure it is not bad." It was very polite of him to offer some tea to Setsuna as well, but she shook her head. "Thank you, but I am fine." Tsukiko took the cup up and blew on the hot tea before take a sip of it. There were many flavors she could detect on her tongue, very different than the tea she was used to, but she liked the varieties of it. "It is quite interesting, and calming too. Thank you Conor-sama. Perhaps soon I may give you some of the tea of my country." Tea was important in Japan, and she would be happy to share what little she had with the leader.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

It was certainly hard to say whether or not felines shared the slow development into a maturing community like the felines, but the Dahlian’s offer was politely turned down by the smaller of the two guests. With a smile and a nod in the direction of the cat, the golden optime found a seat opposite Tsukiko and lifted the mug to his lips, carefully testing the liquid’s temperature before taking an experimental sip. As long as he had never been given the opportunity to taste the real thing, he would not know what he was missing. That worked well for him, though he did wish for a more genuine experience than his experimental herbal tea.

The woman seemed to like it, but he was unable to guess whether or not her words were sincere. That was not overly important though, and so he merely smiled his smile and took another sip of the hot liquid. The woman’s words caused his lavender gaze to shift with interest as she revealed that she had brought tea from her homelands. It was clear that he was interested, but he was also aware that it certainly had to be a precious, limited quantity that she should be careful with. ”That’s kind of you,” he replied with a smile, loving the thought, but not about to leap for the opportunity. ”I’d be willing to make a trade.” There was no way he could accept any less, as it was no doubt valuable. He placed the cup down on the wooden table and leaned back in the chair opposite her, head titled slightly to the side as he considered her and where she came from.

”What brings you to this part of the world then, Tsukiko?” he eventually decided to ask, hoping it would not be an awkward question that would force an unpleasant tale out into the light.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

500+

It could be hard to read the sable feline if one were not accustomed to her, but Tsukiko could tell from the subtle signs that she was quite pleased and impressed with Conor's manners. They hadn't known what kind of treatment to expect for herself, much less for the cat. It was a relief to know there were at least some here that would treat Setsuna with thoughtfulness and respect. When she mentioned her own, small personal store of Japanese tea, she could see the interest in his eyes. Still, he conducted his response with noble restraint. At the suggestion of a trade, the Shimazu nodded her head. "Yes, that would be good. When I am settled, we can make our exchange?" She would have be willing to offer him tea regardless, but a trade was even better. That way she would have some in reserve whenever her own supply ran out.

Tsukiko took another sip of the new tea as Conor asked her the inevitable question that she had mentally been preparing herself for. The hot liquid stayed in her mouth for a moment before she carefully swallowed it, holding the cup on her lap with both her delicate hands. "It is a long story," she said, doing the best to keep the sorrow from her face and voice. "I will tell it all, and then you may ask whatever else you wish." The Japanese fey knew that she would not be able to get through it all composed if she were to be interrupted.

Taking a deep breath, she began. "The Shimazu, my family, is a very powerful and noble clan in Japan. We hold many lands, and have much influence even outside them." She didn't wish to sound arrogant, but it was the simple truth of the matter. "My parents were the head of the clan, and I am their only child. My father and mother raised me with love, and with the expectation that one day I would take over the leadership of the family from them. We were happy, and I loved them very much." Another deep breath. "Unfortunately, some months ago, they were killed in an accident." Her pale hands gripped the mug tightly, doing all she could to hold back the tears that threatened to wet her eyes.

"I had no brothers, and I was not yet betrothed, so my guardianship fell to my father's younger brother. My uncle was not an upstanding member of our family though. He had wasted his fortune and always was looking for ignoble ways to make back his wealth. When I passed into his care, I became the perfect opportunity for him. Bachelors would pay all they had to wed a Shimazu daughter. He would not care about the quality of the man, only how deep his pockets were," she said somewhat bitterly. "He locked me up on his estate so I could not meet or speak with anyone. The only one I could trust and talk to was Setsuna. She had been my parents' friend, and she stayed with me after their death."

"I could not stand the thought of being married off to whomever my uncle found, and with Setsuna's help, we planned an escape. The servants of the estate liked me, and the samurai were still loyal to my parents and not my uncle. With their help, I escaped and was escorted to a merchant ship that was leaving for this continent. I could not stay in Japan, for my uncle would find me and take me back, no matter where I went in my country." Tsukiko paused for a long moment, looking deeply into the stained liquid in her cup. "I must wait until my uncle is dead, or I am old enough to take the clan back from him myself." With that, her tale was told, and after a few heartbeats she managed to raise her eyes to look back to Conor.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry, I just had nooo idea what to write q_Q

”Just tell me what you’d like to trade it with,” he smiled, hoping she wouldn’t make it too hard for him to match her whenever they were to trade. Then it was time for the alpha to sit back and be silent as a rather lengthy monologue started. He listened, watching her as emotions were born from sad memories. Her face did not betray her and he admired the strength she displayed as she told him about a happy life that was ruined by unfortunate events and unkind individuals. Another example of an unfair life.

He wished to comfort her, but they were strangers and there was nothing he could do but to remain quiet until she was done. When she was finished, she looked tired. He could only imagine. ”That’s quite a story,” the alpha eventually said, allowing his own gaze to fall down, down on the hands folded in his lap. He could say that he was sorry to hear, but what good could such common words do here? ”You’re a strong woman, Tsukiko,” Lilac gaze rose to her pale face again, a small smile coating his still lips. ”You’ll be able to go back and make things right again. Thank you for sharing your story with me.” He did not doubt that she would one day go back and claim back her rightful life.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

is ok :3 300+

"Some of this tea would be good. I do not know how well I could get along if I were to be deprived of it completely," she said with a soft, slightly amused smile. Tea had been a staple of her life for as long as she could remember, even before she had actually been allowed to drink it herself. Everything else in her life had and was changing so dramatically that she was desperate to hold onto whatever she could. Tsukiko would never admit that desperation to anyone aside from Setsuna, but Conor did not appear the type that would wish to know such a thing. Surely he could understand it was important for her to hold onto what traditions that she could.

This was the first time she had had to lay out the whole story for someone. All of the people and servants on the estate had known basically every detail. Even the merchants she had sailed with had known the large events and details. Her parents death had been mourned by the entire region and it was no secret that Noboro was not the most honorable of men. It had been draining, revisiting and speaking of everything that had occurred, more so than she had even imagined it would be. The wounds that had been exposed were deep and not fully healed; the retelling of how she had come by them made her spirit ache.

Conor's first words or response went by barely registered as she somewhat consumed by the memories of her unfortunate recent past. Then there was silence. When he next spoke though, his words went straight to her heart and made a degree of warmth come back to her body. Being strong was something she had always worked for, always desired to be. To hear this near perfect stranger name her strong, it meant more to the woman than he probably knew. When their gazes met again, Tsukiko could not help the soft smile that came back to her lips. "Thank you, Conor-sama," she said reverently. "I felt you deserved to hear it." The more this man knew of her past, the better able he would be to understand her and her situation.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Figured we could fade out from here Smile

Perhaps he could convince this woman to take part in task of picking out ingredients available in pursuit of a balanced taste for his native tea. He felt more confident about the taste of the tea from her words, though he still suspected that she would in any way be too polite to be able to say anything else. However, it was her choice to decide on what she wished in a trade, and he wouldn’t comment on that. He could make more of this, but she couldn’t renew her stock of proper tea easily.

Conor-sama. The title made his head tilt slightly, but he liked the sound of it. She intrigued him, and he knew that he would have to dive into the closest library available after this. Perhaps he could discover more about her and where she came from by studying her language and their traditions. He nodded at her, appreciative for her willingness to share such a strong story. ”I appreciate it.”

The process of accepting a stranger seeking a home was relatively simple, but the man was grateful that they both had had the time to sit down together and learn some more about each other. Mostly her, but she was the newest alien in the territory, and she would quickly learn about the pack and its alpha.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]