Soul-Seeking (Joining)
Character Name: Bracken Kandur
Character Birthdate: 2nd November 2008
Character Gender: Female
Character Species: Iberian Wolf (Canislupus signatus)
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
Desired Profession Path, if any: Healing
Secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): MSN: tofdenrox@live.co.uk
Currently played characters: Just this one!
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Another website.

Sharp yellow-green eyes stared out past the border. A tail brushed hesitantly against grass, and a gust of wind blew soft, coarse fur as Bracken continued to gaze longingly into the unknown territory. After her long journey to this frozen land, she was relieved to smell another's scent on the breeze. Of course, it was nowhere near winter in this land, but she still shivered in her pelt as another breeze swept across the landscape. The sunny land of which was her origin seemed a million miles away in the cold, black night, and she smiled as the faces of friends and family floated to the forefront of her mind. Then the smile faded as she remembered the last words she had exchanged with her father on the day of her departure.

'How dare you leave, and without my permission! How do you know that these "packs"'-he spat the word out with disgust-'are real, not just the twisted imagination of some fool? We are a civilised race, not some barbarians in the frozen north!'
'They are real, and I will find them!' Bracken declared, and she turned, and raced out of the door, tears mingling with the dust.

The Iberian shook her head distractedly. Now was not the time to think of her shattered family. Now was the time to think about the possible new life stretching out magnificently right in front of her.

She threw back her head, and howled.

Then she stepped back, well away from the border line, and waited.
[html]

Hello, and welcome to 'Souls and AniWaya! Glad to have you! Big Grin 300+

Nayati was out for a leisurely walk with Onawa, his Spirit Guide. There was a chill in the air and he knew that fall was fast approaching. Soon the leaves of the trees would ripen to reds, oranges, and yellows before finally falling from the branches to litter the ground with color. The man liked fall, liked all the colors, and his coat was perfectly suited for such weather. Well, at least it had been suited for fall weather back in the Great Tribe. It would be his first time experiencing it in these lands and of course he couldn't be too certain of what to expect. Aurèle had mentioned to him how harsh the winters could be here. For this reason he carried his bow and quiver with him everywhere, even inside the tribe's lands. Even an extra rabbit or two to the stored food would help in a pinch. The hunter wanted to make sure that the tribe would be well fed throughout the darkest moons.

As the pair neared the border a howl sounded through the otherwise quiet air. Nayati's head rose higher, ears perked forward. It seemed someone had come to their lands, for some reason or another. He picked his pace up into a light jog and soon arrived at the barbed fence that marked the end of AniWaya's lands and the start of the neutral territory. His pale blue gaze caught sight of the one he assumed to have made the summoning call on the other side. Her pelt was shorter, and much more richly colored than his own. Something about her gave off an exotic air, though what that was he could not place. "Greetings. You have come to the edge of the lands that belong to the AniWaya tribe. I am Nayati Utina, what is it that you seek?" The spectral puma took a seat beside the hunter, looking with interest at the newcomer.

<style type="text/css">
.jay-feather b {font-weight:bold; color:#babcdb; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.jay-feather-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.jay-feather p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jay-feather {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b4a196; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #88502f; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
The Iberian hesititated as the bulk of the male luperci wolf loomed out in front of her, and she quickly dropped into the universal submissive pose: head lowered until her eyes bored into the grassy field, tail dropped so as to tuck neatly between her hind legs, crouching slightly to emphisise her lower position.

'Greetings, Nayati Utina, I am known as Bracken Kandur, Iberian, and I wish to join your tribe.' She crouched even further, afraid of scorn, her words layered with respect and, she hated to admit it, fear. Her mother always told her to be wary of strange wolves, and here she was, actively seeking them out. Too late for regrets now, her conscience argued, and her mind snapped back on the task at hand.

She shifted her paws slightly, and the cushiony grass tickled her pads, her nostrils flooded with the earthy scent of the ground. Suddenly, a new scent hit her, the unmistakeable smell of...mint! She flicked her eyes to the right, and noticed a small bunch of the fresh-tasting herb mere metres away. She stored the new information in her mind, and once again returned her attention the the man before her.
[html]

The man was a little surprised as the smaller female cowered before him, her body crouching low to the ground and compacting in upon itself. He understood that it was meant as a display of respect, but he hadn't ever seen anyone go so far as this woman was. He knew that he was a strong wolf, but he had never considered himself to be so imposing a figure as to actually scare someone a little. For there was fear that emanated from her, not much, but enough to be detectable to his eyes and nose. Before speaking again though, he let her respond to his question. "It is a pleasure to meet you Bracken. Please, there is no need to prostrate yourself, you may relax." It couldn't be comfortable for her, and it certainly wasn't comfortable to him to see her cower so. "There is no need to fear us," Onawa added, knowing her presence could be quite intimidating.

He waited for a moment to let her readjust herself as she wished before continuing. "We are always willing to accept new faces into our home, but I must ask you what it is that you can contribute to the tribe. We all must do something to help." There were many ways that AniWaya was different from other packs, but this fact was true of all. One couldn't expect to find a home and protection in a place where they did not contribute to the overall well-being of the group. Still, Nayati had yet to meet someone who had nothing to offer. Everyone had something that they could do.

<style type="text/css">
.jay-feather-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.jay-feather {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b4a196; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #88502f; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Bracken's face burned; did the wolf and his spectaral companion think she was a coward? She straightened her legs, but kept her tail between her legs and her eyes fixed on the floor as she replied carefully.

'Well...my mother taught me many useful herbs where I come from, but I'm not sure if most of them exist in this reigon of the world. I am a fast runner and I can also read literature of Spanish and English origin.'
She fell silent at that.
I'm also not very strong, I cannot fish, navigate, or read in any other language. I'm not particularly good at hunting, either!

These thoughts were the other, more private weaknesses of her soul, left unspoken as the wolf lingered at the barbed steel fence. Would this be enough?
[html]

It's okay that posts are shorter right now, since it is a joining thread, but please keep in mind that we try to shoot for at least 250+ words per post, or two solid paragraphs here :3 It's good to give more to reply to, so you can describe what Bracken sees and what she feels and is thinking about to help beef up your posts!

Bracken straightened herself up, but continued to look down at the ground instead of up to him. This seemed odd to him, but he said nothing more. If she were more comfortable hiding her gaze then he wasn't going to force her to look at him. He carefully listened as she explained what skills she possessed. Reading was not something that he could do, he had never seen the use in it, and he really wasn't sure what Spanish was or meant. "Knowledge of herbs is always useful. Our Chief is a healer and knows a lot about the uses of plants as well. I'm sure he could augment whatever knowledge you already possess on that." That was if she was accepted to the tribe, but thus far he had seen no reason to turn her away.

"May I ask where it is you come from?" This region, while it had its differences, was not so terribly different from the place where the Great Tribe had been originally located. Bracken had mentioned that she wasn't sure if the plants here would be the same as they were where she came from, which meant that she must have come from someplace that was very different from here. Nayati was mostly asking this to sate his own curiosity, though it would be good to know more of her before formally offering her acceptance to AniWaya.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]