Fate Isn't far Behind
OOC:

Character Name: Artery Nial

Character Birthdate: July 21, 2008
Character Gender: Female
Character Species: Timber Wolf
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Regular Wolf
Desired Profession Path, if any: Kunikoti
Secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): YIM - hedemon1337@yahoo.com">shedemon1337@yahoo.com
Currently played characters: This is my first character.
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Random google browsing for a new wolf RPG.

IC:

Artery stood on the edge of disaster. The end of everything she currently knew and the beginning of the rest of her journey.
Her parents had never been pack members when she was around and they had never mentioned being in one before. They were most likely too blinded by their savagery to be a part of a real family. But Art was different. In the back of her mind there was a longing hope that if she could make a difference within her pack that she joined. A way to make life easier for all of them.
The morning was young as the sun barely kissed the sky. The air was heavy with the calling of late fall. Foot falls on the moist ground went unheard as her body gracefully bounded along the borders. Her mind raced with the ideas of who she would find within the lands. Would fate be waiting for her, or do things to push her away as if this were not her place? Only time could answer her questions. This land was new and beautiful and she hoped only good things could come of it to offset her difficult pup years.
Finding a comfortable spot on the land borders she sat at lifted her muzzle to let out a howl of acknowledgment letting the other animals know she was here and she was waiting. After the sound finished echoing across the land she lay down, placing her head on the ground to show all the respect she knew how.
[html]<style>.dawali-d94 .ooc {font-style:italic; }.dawali-d94 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}.dawali-d94 b {color:#FF712B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}.dawali-d94 {background-color:#733625; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... dawali.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FF712B; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#180804; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }.dawali-d94-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}</style>

Hi there! Smile

Nostrils searched the air around him for scents as he moved towards the borders, lanky legs carrying him in great, confident strides. A stranger had alerted him of their presence, and without thinking twice, the Chief had dropped what he was doing and headed that way. Almost automatically, now, he was doing what he was doing, believing he knew what awaited when he arrived. So many of them had come lately, and he did not know whether he was in awe, or worried. Where did they all come from? Was there a greater trouble out there that sent all these lonely creatures this way? So many, that he had stopped thinking it might be anything else when someone howled for him. If he did not recognize their voice, he automatically jumped to the conclusion that they had come seeking a home. He wasn't complaining; any pair of hands that could help them through winter was welcome, but still he sometimes looked to the skies and wondered if he should be more concerned than he was.

As the forest cleared into fields, the stranger's scent got caught in his nose, growing stronger as the Chief approached. It was not hard to spot the figure that broke with the flatness of the fields around her, not far from the fence that marked the beginning of their territory. With an arm raised in greeting, he strode over to the newcomer and got right to the point. He saw no point in delaying the obvious, but he was not abrupt; despite the growing bitterness inside of him, he could maintain a balance between a polite face and a dominating stance. "Greetings. The Tribe whose attention you have called for is called AniWaya, and I am their Chief. What do you seek?" He could have been more direct, since he believed he knew the answer, but there was always the odd chance that he was wrong. He would give her the feeling of conversation, and smiled gently while he waited for her reply.

[/html]
OOC: Hi! Thanks for the quick reply ^^

Artery waited patiently at the borderlands. Her mind raced with what she might find. Home, love, a place to release all her pent up anger? No matter which it was, someone would be coming for her soon, no doubt. She rolled over in the grass in bliss as the sun shown warmly on her stomach. A gentle breeze made time see like it was moving so fast. The clouds flew gracefully through the air and Art wished for a fleeting moment that her soul had been born a bird and not that of a carnivore forced to be captive in a pack setting. But as a bird who would fly free, she would be alone, thus never finding what she was always truly looking for.
Art thanked Fate who joined by her side when she heard the approach of another. His tall form raising his paw at her. She had seen a few like this one before, humanoid like. But never been up close and personal with one. She quickly lay her head flat on the ground once more in submission. He was obviously of a higher ranking with the way he held himself and approached her easily. Her eyes couldn't help but flick back and forth from the brute to the ground. He was stunning in all his powerful glory. The perfect leader approach. Her ears perked while he spoke to her and then quickly lay back down. "Greetings. The Tribe whose attention you have called for is called AniWaya, and I am their Chief. What do you seek?" His voice was strong and sure. This would hopefully be interesting if not a successful acceptance into a new home. "Thank you for seeing me so quickly Chief of AniWaya. I am Artery Nial and I come seeking a new home and new friends. A place where I may serve a purpose." Artery hoped that her reply was sufficient in respect toward the Chief and waited to see if this would be the end of her search.
[html]<style>.dawali-d94 .ooc {font-style:italic; }.dawali-d94 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}.dawali-d94 b {color:#FF712B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}.dawali-d94 {background-color:#733625; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... dawali.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FF712B; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#180804; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }.dawali-d94-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}</style>

Big Grin It would have been faster, but I am stuck in a time zone 6-9 hours ahead of the Americas, so I often sleep when others post Tongue

She reacted, in her four-legged form, much as he had become used to. He had never grown up among adults that took this form; most in his tribe stretched on two legs as soon as they were able to, and rarely made use of any other shape, though they did have the ability to do so. He never knew why the four-legged form was so underestimated, but he had realized quickly that in this new place it seemed like half, or maybe more, of the population preferred to walk on four legs. He had begun to see it merely as part of their personalities, and had no other thoughts about it. Still, he did sometimes wonder at why they chose this form, so used to having hands was he, that he couldn't imagine life without them. He nodded at her kindly and motioned with his hand that she could stand more comfortably. He had seen her display, but she didn't have to maintain it; surely, it had to be uncomfortable. "Please, relax," he smiled before continuing. "We do have room for those that want to work for a place in our family. Tell me, do you have any particular talents?" For all his booming voice and lanky form, seemingly towering above her, his face displayed a warmth that made it clear that he was no cold-hearted Chief. Rank or no rank, Dawali would offer anyone kindness, unless they carried ill intentions, and he could not see any of those in the young female.

[/html]
OOC: Oooo, you live in The Netherlands or somewhere close to that? I have many online RPG dutch friends. >.<

At his friendly words and posture she sat up into a normal sitting position. His two legged form was intimidating to say the least. She looked him up and down, listening to his words about the tribe. Her face twitched a bit as he asked about her talents. Most of her life she had been a loner, searching for a place to call home. She never considered improving her skills though. Something that she most likely should have. Her paws stretched and kneaded the ground. This slight set back could be stressful. Art swallowed hard as her mouth dried out. Her nose twitched and the sound of a bird off in the distance made the situation all that more awkward with the looming silence.
"I'm afraid not, Sir. I have come looking for a place to build myself and make a home. I'm more than willing to learn anything though I've always been interested in the idea of healing. I can offer my full attention while learning and my practicing in all my spare time to become the best I can at the skill." Art lowered her head a bit. She did not want to look up to see if there was disappointment or pity on his face. It would give her an instant feeling of exile and Fate would have done her part. It was Fate who turned Art's eyes to the ground so she trusted her choice to save herself from an onslaught of emotions.

Ah, no I am from Norway, but that's not so far off time-wise! :3

Willingness to learn was almost as useful as having an ability already. At least, that was what this chief had always thought. Someone eager to learn would be more mold-able than someone who already knew things, and could be set in their ways already. Feathers danced as his russet-and-gray head moved up and down in a nod, all the while studying the female in front of him. She probably already possessed skills that she underestimated; she was clearly not dead, and hence she had to have some knowledge of hunting, for example. "It would seem like I may have a new healer apprentice, then. I am also the Master healer of the tribe." He very nearly added in lack of anyone else, but stopped himself. It made it sound like he was only barely skilled enough to hold such a rank, and he did not intend to lose face in front of a newcomer. "Tell me, do you have any experience with herbs and plants at all?" More curious than actually interested in finding out whether she was suitable or not, Dawali was always too weak to resist the urge to discuss his favourite subject.

[/html]
OOC: SOOOO SORRY about the wait. Will type this up right after I finish this homework. >.<