I wish I wish I was (not) a fish.
[html]

For Ayita! I just put private, but if you want others welcome, I can change the subject to that too. Doesn't matter to me. ^^

It was close, her big ol' sniffer never let her down. Malachi carried her muzzle high into the air, her nose wriggling as it scented out the distinguishing smell of running water. Her big paws carried themselves rather quickly, and she seemed to stop for nothing. The course of her beeline cut through several dense trees in the forest, and loose, overhanging bushes clung to her fur as she passed. She may have even gathered a scrape or two, but nothing would deter the creature from an early dinner.

Winter was approaching faster than she expected, and it was always the time when Malachi felt driven to eat more than her fill, and then sleep until the fresh sun of spring hit her eyelids. No one in her tribe could tell her otherwise, and no one answered Mala's question of hibernation. Oh, she tried to push it, sure, but instinct drove the creature to what she had to do, instead of staying awake to help out her family during the harsh winter. One spring, Mala even woke from her slumber to see newborn pups and their mother sticking close by, enjoying the warmth that came from her poofy fur and stored fat.

That thought alone temporarily stopped the beast's flight into a steady gait. How she loved looking after pups, watching their rambunctious behavior and imitating their elders. She especially loved when she pretended to be asleep when pup-sitting, and the occasional runt would try and sneak off for an adventure of their own. Mala's big paw would suddenly be in their way, pulling them back towards her, and Malachi laughed when the pup had such a wide-eyed look on their face of "How did you know?!". Presently, Malachi shook her head and grinned a toothy grin, a smile she always exaggerated in front of the young-ins. They'd be so surprised at how large her teeth were! Mala even heard a few exclaim that they wanted big teeth like that some day, too.

It didn't occur to Malachi how much noise she was making in her waddling towards a food source until she slowed her pace. The woods around her were eerily quiet. Even in the full afternoon, the dense trees could make this area seem like nighttime. The creature knew she had to hurry if she was ever hoping to get some food before the last traces of sun went to sleep. She listened as her paws thundered along the earth, which seemed to get more damp as she went along, the click-clack of her beaded necklace, and the huff-puff of her breath that could already taste that delicious fish. Malachi tried to be quiet.. she didn't want any predators to come along her way, after all. Especially a... and she even shuddered at the thought... a grizzly bear.

Her ears perked as she heard the sound of a rolling stream. "Finally,", she gasped, itching to get out into the open where no one or nothing could ambush her. The dense path opened up somewhat into a wide stream, which cut its way through the trees and winded onwards. Mala looked about at the expanse and shivered, though no wind was blowing, and scanned for a smaller section. The big creature ambled to her left, to where the stream narrowed a bit and had some rocks to jump on.

"Now that's what I call a perfect setting," Mala mumbled to no one in particular. She neared the waters edge and paused, looking down into her reflection. She could feel every ounce of her shake slightly in fear, but the rising hunger in her belly gave her no choice. Sighing, she put a big paw into the water and made a quick jump onto the first rock, which was only feet from the bank. The rock seemed a bit smaller, but she grabbed onto it with all fours with all her might, as her eyes cleverly scanned the running water for signs of fish. No matter how hungry she was, she learned to be patient, or else a meal would have to be found someplace else. Malachi was lucky that fish traveled this way, and in the last traces of sun she could see the shine of their scales glint up from the water. Suddenly, her creamy muzzle dived down into the stream, her necklace rolling just behind her ears due to gravity, but she came up empty. The creature shook her head, cursing slightly to herself, now having to wait for another scrumptious opportunity.

<style type="text/css"> .malachi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e8360; letter-spacing:1px; } .malachi .ooc { font-style:regular; text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; color:#000000; padding-top:335px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .malachi .ic {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; color: #ae975d} .malachi {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#eadd9e; background-image:url(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/562/malachitop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ae975d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Amazing table by Sara Joe.... sorry this took so long huge project was due for cullinary

Ayita was tired she was roaming the land and trying to get her mind off the fact that her and her daughter had faught. Amaranth had come home finally with new scares and wanted nothing to do with her. She took what little things she owned and said she was leaving. That she would not ever call that house home again. She refused to even call her mother. Her heart was torn her son never visited she wasn't suffocating Ever so Ever was never around and her daughter hated her.

ayita never expected to wander this far so close to dark. She never thought that her thoughts would cloud her this bad. The river looked refreashing and her mind settled on hunger that was sinking in. she sank into the ground at the waters edge looking into it hoping a fish would just come to her. she had no energy in honesty to force one out. She never noticed how being sad could effect you.

Her ears perked up as she lifted her nose to the air. She growled lightly then scanned the area. She could smell something and the smell was not what she wanted to smell how could she have missed that. She looked out and felt so stupid standing there feet away on a rock was a bear she shuddered and tried to hide. She felt even dumber now the time was fall and leaves and grass were dieing what was there to hid in. What the hell do I do? She asked her self looking around.

[/html]
[html]

That's okay! ^^ Oooh culinary, sweet! What kind've job are you looking for in that field?

Eyes kept low towards the water, trying to look past her reflection, the beast waited.. hoping it wouldn't be too dark by the time she saw another fish. However, her opportune moment glittered just underneath her rock, and yet again she dived quickly down underneath the surface, and pulled up a decent-size salmon. If Mala could grin with the fish in her mouth, she would, and it would probably look a tad scary to anyone watching.

In her moment of pride, she looked towards the direction of the shore and found her step on a nearby rock, but she closed her eyes momentarily in thinking she knew where her step was heading. However, the rock was a tad slippery and the big beast lost her footing, causing her to drop into the wading water. A great sound of distress came from Malachi as half her body was submerged before she desperately scrambled back atop the big rock, her eyes widened in fear. After ridding of her initial shock, though, she subconsciously clenched down on the kill in her mouth, but instead she bit her own tongue.

"Gahhh, well there goes dinner!" Malachi said, cursing to herself as she stood upon the rock, shaking with cold and with disappointment in herself. A great sigh was let loose, and she decided to vent her anger out on land.. where there was no water... where it was much safer.
Once she was there, the creature shook herself and water flew in all directions. She turned away from the view of the riverbank and began to curse to herself in her tribe's language, pacing back and forth with only a few steps in between each rotation.

Her ears twitched suddenly, though, and she lifted her head from where she hung it. Someone was here, there was no mistake about that. The creature thought she heard a faint growl in the distance, but wasn't too sure. With the remaining portion of the sun still settling atop the mountains, the flash of green in her eyes glittered as they scanned the vegetation. But she smiled when she saw a patch of fur among the sparse foliage, and though she couldn't make out much detail, or even an age of the animal, she thought the other was playing hide-and-seek with her.

"Hello there," Mala said cheerfully. "Are you playing hide and seek? I like that game, too." Her disappointment at a lost meal was quickly replaced with the joy of seeing another wolf, and her tongue lolled out a bit from her wide mouth. "You can come out.. nothing dangerous out here!"

<style type="text/css"> .malachi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e8360; letter-spacing:1px; } .malachi .ooc { font-style:regular; text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; color:#000000; padding-top:335px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .malachi .ic {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; color: #ae975d} .malachi {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#eadd9e; background-image:url(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/562/malachitop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ae975d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Amazing table by Sara Joe.... Baking and pastry arts to decorate cakes.

ayita kept low she wasn't going to play pray what did the bear think because it had lost a fish it could have her. Oh no that was not going to happen she was not about to alllow some bear to make a meal out of her. "I'm not playing any games there's a bear out there. I don't want to be its lunch." She said as she could have slappped herself in the face for talking to it. She had to get going. She slid her foot back as to start inching slowly backwards.

On her travels she had seen what bear could do to wolves she didn't want to give up her llife she just wanted to make things better. Ayita peered out through the grass. Not much seperated them a couple feet. Could she out run it if it charged? could she maybe change quick enough to use a knife? these were good questions with no solution and not enough time to figure it out.

[/html]
[html]

Very nice! Big Grin The school I went to.. the culinary people had it -so- difficult with their chefs. It was like bootcamp in the kitchens.

She was busy clawing at the mud near the riverbank, the front part of her body half-lowered like a wolf pup about to pounce. It wasn't until her creamy stomach met the wet mud that she heard the other in the bushes speak. "I'm not playing any games.." she began to hear, and her ears lowered at that statement. But then... "..there's a bear out there. I don't want to be its lunch." Malachi's ears twitched wildly, and her body was no longer lowered to play, but it swung around as she looked around the river. Mala was beginning to think these bears would -never- leave her in peace! It was going to eat her!

In all the fuss of twisting and turning with her entire body, Malachi stirred up quite a lot of mud around the bank. "Wh-where is it? Where did you see it?" As of instinct, she began to make small calls of distress, but she knew that the bear would hear her, and the other wolf, if she made anymore noise. Malachi's head darted to the woods, now swearing she heard something. The bear, maybe?
The beast's large body lunged into the bushes, not far from where she heard the voice of the other. Despite her own body being bigger than the bushes she was hiding it, she lowered her face down and covered her eyes with her paws.. as if the bear wouldn't see her if she couldn't see it. With a stressed whisper, she spoke to the other female. "I-I.. I don't want to be its lunch either. Just keep quiet and maybe it won't n-notice us," she instructed, doing her best to control her nerves that threatened to shake her. "I think we may be downwind of it, here."

<style type="text/css">
.mala_2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.mala_2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#1a3b4d}
.mala_2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#845297; letter-spacing:1px; }
.mala_2 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#addaf2; background-image:url(http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6200/malabot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Table by leroy. I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting I forgot.

Ayita poked her head up she could not believe what she was hearing. What the hell did the stupid bear think it was a wolf? She looked at the cowering creature and started to laugh this was not exactly what she had been expecting. "Who are you" she asked looking at the bear. She just had to know now it wasn't like the creature was out to eat her. For all she knew though the thing could just be toying with her.

"Where did you come from I have never seen you around here." She said sitting up she hated slouching it was so annoying. Looking at the massive creature she shook her head only here would things like this happen there was no way that this would happen back home.

[/html]
[html]

Omgosh I'm so sorry, I had no idea you replied until tonight! xD So I'm super late too, sorry. <3

Malachi's nose was practically pressed into the dirt, as well as the rest of her body, practically trying to melt into it. Her ears twitched, for the creature heard the other wolf start to laugh. Was this some kind of joke? Being hunted down by a bear was serious. Mala lifted a paw from her eye, which apparently she didn't notice she covered. A slight pang of annoyance was evident on her face, now, and she was somewhat glad Mala couldn't exactly see the other from her hiding place.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Mala answered the wolf's question with another question. But her anger was soon forgotten, remembering that several of her tribe members played the same game with her. And every single time it was the same result, with Malachi. "Because if it is.. that was pretty good! Haha!" Her grin was wide, now, showing her massive teeth in a goofy-like fashion, as she slowly stood up on all fours again. Malachi's eyes twinkled with humor as she glanced down at the female.

"Malachi," she said, answering the wolf's first question. She was surprised, however, at her second question. "I've come from up north, from my tribe," her voice wandered a bit as she said the last word, then looked to the trees. "Amasqatk.." Malachi muttered, commenting in her native tongue that she was very far from the place she called home. The creature gave a small cough, and nodded her head as if to reassure herself of somthing. "What's your name?"

<style type="text/css">
.mala_2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.mala_2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#1a3b4d}
.mala_2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#845297; letter-spacing:1px; }
.mala_2 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#addaf2; background-image:url(http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6200/malabot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Table by leroy. thats fine I've been busy

Ayita stood and walked over to the female bear. It had been no joke she couldn't help it though she was not expecting a bear to be afraid of its self. "Malachi is it what a lovely name." ayita said looking at her she was so lost weird things happened in this land though. Though she had to admit having seen this she figured nothing would top it. Fighting off the urge to laugh again she looked at her. "I am Ayita Catori.' she said. She had to admit her family was french how did they come up with a cherrokee name? "I come from sothern lands though I belong to a pack here now.' she said. "Did I interupt you fishing?'' She asked.

[/html]
[html]

Hehe ^^ I'm guessing she's in Lupus form? If not let me know and I can correct the first paragraph of this post.

As introductions began, Mala smiled. She had a feeling this wolf was quite the jokester.. she did like to laugh, from what Mala saw anyways. As the wolf padded up to her, Malachi looked down at her. Why was she herself always taller than most wolves? Well, then again, some wolves had a tendency to be huge. But by looking at all the other friends and family she knew, she was almost always the tallest.. even in her own Luperci form. 'Would my children be like that, someday, too?' she thought to herself.

"Did I interrupt you fishing?'' Mala blinked once or twice at Ayita, then turned her muzzle towards the water, which still sparkled in the mid-afternoon sunlight. "Yes.." Her voice trailed off, as if she was thinking of something else, and then she shook her head. "I mean, no, no! I was trying to fish," Mala explained, walking closer to the riverbank. "Until, of course, you scared me with talk of a bear." The creature laughed, and even snorted, at the joke. Her jolly laughter was interrupted, however, as she felt her stomach rumble, and it was probably loud enough for the other wolf to hear.

Malachi stared down at her reflection in the slow-moving water. "Fishing's alright.. but hunting would always be easier with some help," she noted towards the other. If only she knew that she could easily bring down something herself, her diet wouldn't have always consisted of seafood or smaller game; the same diet a wolf had.

<style type="text/css">
.malaoasis .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding-left:70px; padding-right:15px; color:#000000}
.malaoasis .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding-left:73px; padding-right:10px; color:#321805}
.malaoasis b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#a8f88c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.malaoasis {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-image:url(http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6971/malamid.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]