The Blind Can See
[html]

OOC:

"Excellent! When you would like to hear it just let me know, I have to go over the details because it's been a while since I heard it, but I'm pretty sure I have it all down to memory." He did a mental check, starting the story in his mind to check if he could remember it. When he was satisfied, he smiled as she began to speak. but by the time she was finished, his smile had evolved into a look of shocking revelation and slight confusion.

"Oh no she wasn't MY aunty, she just wanted me to call her that. She never told me her real name and I never bothered to ask. She took care of me after my injury. You see, before I was blinded I lived in a pack far to the south of here. I don't know exactly where, but I know it's quite a ways away from here and to the south. The winters are harsh there, the main reason why I'm an only pup. I was born in a litter of 4 and the only one to survive, though I don't know why. One day my dad took me on my first solo hunt and my uncle joined us. He was an Omega and my mom and dad told me to stay away from him. Well that day for some reason was different because my dad invited him to go hunting with us. My dad released me to go out on my own in the forest and after that my memory gets really hazy. All I can remember is I found a fawn and almost got it, but it got away for some reason, and after that, nothing. I woke up and there was Aunty, taking care of me from then on. She told me I was attacked by a bear and she saved my life so I owe her that, but I have no idea who she was."

His eyes widened at her explanation, his mind full of disbelief. "But she was always in wolf form around me. What a weird thing to say...but it explains everything. How she was able to stay so quiet when she was training me to hunt, how she seemed to just disappear sometimes. How fast she was, those strange noises she made which must have been chopping wood as you say. How she was able to make fire without burning herself. So Aunty was a luperci...and I never realized it." He felt her calmly take the bag from him and heard her walking, trying to figure out what she had meant about the visions in the fire.

He stopped just as he felt her tail swish against him. He auto-assumed it was a signal for him to stop, though he felt the heat from the fire. It was intense but soothing, and he reveled in the warmth of it as he listened to her. "Tradition is important. Without it, our pack's history and way of...life would...be..." Something she had said earlier suddenly registered in his mind, smacking him in the face. He turned to face her, staring at her, shock written all over his face. "Did you just say you are from the Moon Tribe?"

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Turning to Kemo when he asked that jumpstarted Ralla's nerves. His eyes seemed to be staring fully through her, even though they both knew him blind. Rooted to the spot, Ralla nodded her head once. "Y-yes... I'm originally from the Crescent Moon Pack of the Moon Tribe. Why...?" The exclamation brought back her earlier thoughts. His mark... Now Ralla felt the fool for ignoring her earlier notice of it. She should've known; there is no coincidence, only fate.

Possibilities began to rush through Ralla's head. Is he really just a loner? What is the true meaning of the crescent moon on his chest? Was he sent from the Crescent Moon Pack? But I've never seen him before. Was he a new member? Did Father send him to get me? But he's blind, and father wouldn't send anyone with such a disability to find me. And if he's not from the Moon Tribe, how does he know of it? Did he hear it from someone else? Am I just overreacting? Is he lying about his past? No, he can't be... His words are too truthful. For all the time that these thoughts were processing, it was only seconds, even as it seemed like days. That one fear of returning home fueled Ralla's adrenaline to the point where she was poised to jump and run at a moment's notice. But she was in her new pack's territory filled with her packmembers; she had no need to fear. Not only was Kemo a non-luperci in front of her, but she was quick and could handle the strength of a non-luperci.

These thoughts that she never wanted to think penetrated her mind like an icy spear.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Wow big screw up on my last post. *facepalm* Just noticed the bold where it's not supposed to be, Fixed

"Y-yes... I'm originally from the Crescent Moon Pack of the Moon Tribe. Why...?" Kemo was shocked speechless, just staring at her with his blind eyes. What are the odds? After all this traveling, of all the wolves I could have met, here is one from my original tribe. Could she have any information about my mother and father? His ears twitched as he noticed her heartbeat had sped up considerably, indicating she was either afraid or excited, though her tone of voice told him it was more the former.

"I was born into the Blood Moon Pack. My father was Axejec, my mother Serenity. Before I was forced to leave the pack, I was next in line for Alpha, though technically I still am. I have no idea what happened in the other packs of our tribe, but my dad told me about them because he knew I would have to interact with them one day as part of my Alpha duties. I must say...I find it hard to believe that I am speaking to a wolfess who hails from the same tribe as me." But he did believe. The deja vu from earlier, he had smelled that scent before, but where?

He stood in silence for a moment, listening to a light scratching sound on the ground. He had no idea what it was, but that sound had opened up his attention a little more. Her heart was seriously pounding now, the kind of power only adrenaline could cause to happen to her. Was she going to..attack him? No, that's crazy. She has no reason to attack me, or does she? His head tilted to the side curiously. "Ralla, are you ok?"

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

YAY! The demon-week is over! XD Post-diddy-post-diddy-post-post-post time!

"The Blood Moon Pack," Ralla whispered. Briefly, she had been told about that pack's history and leadership. She had heard of Axejec, but that Kemo was his son... "Is what you say really all true...? Were you really sent here by this 'Aunty'...? And I know; the moon seems to be just as capricious as the Goddess of the Sea. Please understand, Kemo; your being here puts me in a difficult situation... I... I..." Tired of her own worry, Ralla took steps towards the Great Fire, as close as she was allowed. She stared hard into the flames and let the burning smoke distract her thoughts as she inhaled those intoxicating scents that had so enraptured her encounters with it. She spoke to the Fire through her mind and begged it to tell her what she could not wait for nightfall to hear. Silence stretched on as Ralla waited for Kemo's words to form so she could ask the Fire the truth that she could not define herself. The only sounds were her claws sifting through the dirt beneath her feet and her pounding heart.

If she were not worried to her core with the possibilities of lies and home--of her betrayel--she would've seen just how much she was overreacting.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

OOC: *Cheers* The demon week is gone! Woohoo!

Kemo sat in silence, listening to the fire crackle in front of him, the scratching sound, and the wolfess's pounding heart. He wondered why she was being so silent, when suddenly she spoke, her words confusing him. He stared into the fire, though he couldn't see it which was ironic given the fact that he was staring into a light source that would never penetrate the darkness he saw, hearing the pops and crackles within it. This fire was special, even he knew it, and he allowed himself a brief moment to enjoy the warmth and comfort it provided.

Hearing her take a few steps towards the fire, he looked in her direction, wondering what she was thinking. He knew that was a power no one on this earth would ever possess, blind or not, so he settled for what he could know. Her heartbeats gave away some of what she was thinking, but then again he could misinterpret them as something completely different from what she was actually feeling. She had wanted to attack him before though, that was clear. There is no mistaking the powerful beats caused by the body's natural adrenaline supply. What had he done to provoke her? His thoughts were interrupted as he suddenly remembered she was waiting for an answer.

"Ralla, I tell you of my past. I have no reason to lie to you. I hail from the Blood Moon pack and I was sent here by Aunty. She told me I would find everything I needed here." He paused for a moment, confusion evident in his blind eyes and the slight tilt of his head, his ears pulled back slightly. "What do you mean by me being here puts you in a difficult situation? It's hard for me to understand..." Then, he realized something. He was the one causing her fear. Something about him was making her fear evidently for her very life, but he could not figure out why. "I'm not going to hurt you." He wished he could see her, wished he could look into her eyes and show her he was telling the truth, but he could only hope that she would believe him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Sorry if this thread is ending a little less-than-easygoing than I think we hoped, but it's not like it's their last meeting :3 Ralla'll get over it; she's just super indecisive Tongue

Kemo's words permeated the haze Ralla had mentally surrounded herself in. At the moment, there were only her thoughts, the fire, and Kemo's words. She dared not look at him for fear of being deceived. Her training dictated to breathe in and out slow to feel the ebb and flow of the moon, but the moon was sleeping in its crescent cradle as Ralla struggled to swim to the surface of the world. I'm overreacting, I'm overreacting... He doesn't know a thing about me, doesn't know what I've done... He spoke to her with a firm voice, and the words made no change in the fire. It was an old practice used by the Crescent Moon Pack Shamans to stare into water or divine the stars to tell if someone were lying. If the water rippled without being touched or if the stars dictated that the person was currently under a sign of deceit, then they were lying. But since there were no stars out and the fire worked just as well, she felt...relieved.

"I believe you, Kemo," she said with a nod of her head. "And I apologize. I had no right to question your credibility." She returned to where Kemo was and then looked at him. His expression was one of pure confusion; without malice, without deceit. Like the turning of the tides, Ralla's smile turned right back up as she reached down and took the shoulder-bag back, adding cheer to her voice when she said the following. "Let's just leave it at...I don't want to leave, ok? Now, where to find Chief Dawali..." While saying so, Ralla tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Well, now that I have time anyway, let's go look." She was sure being so carefree confused the new wolf who she had just had such horrible thoughts about, but since she was assured and trusted her skills in divination, she found no point in worrying about it. But wait... Since he is from the Moon Tribe... I wonder...

"Say, Kemo... Did you know you have a black crescent moon on your chest...?"

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: Is she one of those people that stands in the movie place with a movie in each hand for about 3 hours trying to decide which one to take? XD

Kemo listened to the fire for a long time in silence. He could hear everything in the village now. The steady quiet was overwhelming him. Where is everyone? You would think there would be at least someone here, but the village is quiet. Maybe they're all off hunting. He looked in her direction again, trying to gauge some kind of a reaction from her. He now mentally slapped himself, wishing he had paid closer attention when his father had told him about the other packs. He must have missed something somewhere. There had to be some important detail that had to do with the Crescent Moon pack that would have greatly benefited him in this situation, but he couldn't remember a thing. His worries were dropped suddenly when she spoke, her words causing the rising tension in the air to deflate, leaving behind an immense sense of relief.

"You don't have to apologize, I can only imagine what kind of a past you have been through." Kemo heard her pick the bag up, listening to the way she moved with such grace and purpose for such a large creature. It was still difficult for him to understand that she wasn't a normal wolf like him but a much larger, deadlier creature. Though she didn't seem so deadly when he heard the cheer within her voice, her heartbeat returning to a steady almost soothing rhythm. Soothing it was, most assuredly, as moments ago she was just a mere decision away from attacking him. He supposed one day he would find out why she had been so hostile only moments before, but for now he didn't want to ruin such a promising friendship because of his simple curiosity.

"Time to meet the Chief all ready? Better not forget this then." He sniffed around and picked up the uneaten rabbit he had chosen as a gift for the Chief, ready to present it to him with a full stomach and a happy mood. "Lead the way fellow Moon Tribe member." He smiled, meaning that in a good way, waiting patiently to hear her steps again, when he was thrown into confusion again. He looked down instinctively before remembering he couldn't see the mark, but knew what she was talking about.

"Yes I did know that. My dad said I was born with it and it's a special mark, but he never went into detail about it. He said I would be told when I am older. Before I was separated, many of our packmembers talked about my mark while they thought I was asleep or out of earshot. I only saw it once when I was near the lake near our lands. It is an amazing looking mark, almost exactly like the moon when it's just showing up again, but I couldn't see anything special about it. The only thing I know for sure is last time I checked, I was the only one with the mark in my pack."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Sorry it's so short. Description becomes hard when there's no new thought in the wolf's head and it would only be repetitive Tongue You know, the usual :3

Ralla smiled and continued on. Actually, on her part, she couldn't guarantee that Kemo would meet Chief Dawali, or any of the tribe members for the matter. Didn't mean they couldn't try. Kemo's reference to her being Moon Tribe didn't bother her as much now that she was assured of his intentions, but his response to her inquiry led her mind on a grand chase. I see... He was never told... But why? Those with this mark are...

"Tell me, Kemo; what is your astrological sign? As in, what constellation were you born under?" The only reasons Ralla could fathom why Axejec had kept the mark's meaning from Kemo hidden were either that Kemo was too young or that there was some special event that was supposed to happen, perhaps predicted by the Blood Moon Pack's own Shaman. Ever one to be cautious around destiny, Ralla was careful to ask this question to see if there was anything that Kemo's sign could tell her about it. If not, she would happily enlighten her new friend and apparant former-tribe-mate to its meaning.

Ralla had not wanted to leave Aithne's gift out under the red oak tree unattended, so she had kept it within the shoulder bag. As they passed first by Susquehanna's hut, she was disappointed that the kind wolfess was absent, including her daughter Desiree. Ralla had so enjoyed telling stories to the young pup, and she had hoped to do more so that night. But, as she herself stated earlier, the moon was as capricious as ever. So she left the ornate knife near the door where Susquehanna would see and no one else would look hard enough to notice.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

OOC: I just noticed, it's amazing that I was able to talk through a mouthful of rabbit XD and it looks like you forgot I had it too XD

At the sound of her footsteps, he bent down and picked up the rabbit in his muzzle, following after her at a steady pace. He could tell from her silence that she was in deep thought, prolly going over her explanation to the Chief, when she asked him something suddenly, though he was unable to answer immediately due to the rabbit temporarily blocking his speech. He continued on, making sure to keep close to her, waiting for an opportunity to set down the rabbit and answer her question.

The walk wasn't a long one, but it was quiet, still eerily quiet in the village. Surely this had to be a busy day for the pack, there was no other reason for the lack of activity. He heard her steps suddenly amplified by the sound of wood off to the side, a small object delicately placed nearby. He placed the rabbit on the ground by his paws, looking off in the direction the sound had come from.

"I was born into a litter of four, and I was the only one to survive. My father told me that I was born on a dark and cloudy night. The clouds covered the sky, blocking out the stars and even the moon, but as soon as I came into the world the clouds cleared and a crescent moon shined high in the sky. The Seer of the pack, as my father called her, told me that I was special because I was born with the mark, but no one would tell me what that meant. She said there was no sign to mark my birth, but my brothers and sister were born under the constellation Sagittarius, so I suppose that technically means I was also born under that sign. I thought they were just telling me stories at first, but after hearing the other members talking about me and seeing the mark for myself, I was instantly a believer. The problem is, I have no idea what it means."

He wondered why she seemed to ask so many questions about his past, but he supposed it was only a healthy curiosity. He didn't mind sharing, but he wondered how different her past must have been to react in the way she did, rather than wanting to share as much as she could to a fellow tribe member.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Gosh, took me long enough -w-

Their walk continued to the stables, their last stop before Ralla would take Kemo to see if Chief Dawali was present. Her chief was so busy lately that she rarely saw him, but she was ever hopeful to see the kind wolf who had offered her this home. Kemo's description sent Ralla's mind almost to a different time, where her eyes saw not the autumn leaves or red tongues of the Great Fire, but the ever-night sky illuminated with the hundreds upon thousands of stars. His birth-sign and circumstances are...strange. Sagittarius is the sun symbol; promising in a warrior; for honor, justice, and righteousness. But the moon... To be born at night under the sun sign is to have a side unexplored, especially with Sagittarius's dual face where he can switch a moral to suit his own ends. Kemo seems fine, and all of the things a good Sagittarius should be, if not better because of the mark. Only the moon appearing, and the death of his siblings... Did it appear to watch over him because he was to bring destruction, or because his future was bright? The death of Kemo's siblings disturbed Ralla's near-clear perception the most. To be the only survivor is a lucky thing, but having Sagittarius's sign was a tricky, tricky thing to tamper with. Supposedly their Shaman said nothing about the mark because they wanted to see whether he lived up to or down to the mark. Therefore...I cannot tell him.

So she did something most uncommon for her; she lied...if not by ommitance.

"Sagittarius is a good sign. He is the sign of a righteous warrior, and the crescent moon mark... Is unimportant for the moment." Of course it's important, just...not right now... She tried consoling herself with that twist of words, and it had to suffice. Until she had a sand pit set up to chart the stars properly or until she had time to calm her mind for a proper vision, she resorted to the oldest trick of the Shamans; advice in riddles. The guitless excuse to giving an answer. She left the toy horse near the house door where she had first met Liliana with a far away expression as she tried to sort through there and then how to handle any more of Kemo's questions regarding the mark, although she hoped he left it well enough alone and took what she gave him. "They probably didn't want you to worry or dwell on what would or would not be. And you shouldn't," No, he shouldn't at all, "worry. The moon takes care of all wolves and dogs and hybrids. Even if life turns out sad or hard, it is because the moon knows there's a paradise at the end."

Such loaded words, but it was Ralla's firm belief that all clouds had a silver lining, and that happiness could be found for all those who sought it. The visions the moon graced her with were purely subjective, changeable, and completely up to the individual if they changed their course. The moon did not interfere with the wolves once it had set its challenges for them...usually.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: *Falls out of his chair* Huh? What? Oh...post Big Grin

With each step Kemo took, he began to get familiar with the area. He noticed that everything seemed to line up fairly well with a large gap running through the middle, perfect for him to maneuver through without smacking into anything or anybody. It would take him a long time to no longer need to follow Ralla through the village, but he was slowly making progress all the same. He began to associate smells all ready with certain areas, mainly the smell of freshly cut wood to mark where Ralla's tree and her hut-den were, along with the smell of burning wood to mark where the Great Fire was, and of course the territory markers to tell him where AniWaya's territory began and ended.

Ralla seemed to be lost in thought again, remaining silent on their walk through the village, punctuated only by the sound of her stopping and walking on wood to leave something there. She must be leaving things at the other pack members' hut-dens. It was then that she finally spoke, leaving him to wonder. Of course he couldn't respond with the rabbit still in his mouth, but he waited patiently for her to drop another item off at a hut-den before setting the rabbit down, hoping he wasn't getting dirt or mud all over it. Wouldn't that be a sight? Here you go Chief, I got you this rabbit as a sign of respect to you. He mentally laughed as he imagined the mud caked rabbit he was holding in his mouth, offering it to the Chief. "You said Sagittarius is a good sign, but the crescent moon mark is unimportant for the moment, so you're saying that it is important, just not right now. Why do I get the feeling you are hiding something?" Come to think of it, how did she know so much about signs and stars? The only wolf he knew who knew that much was the Seer of his pack, and of course Aunty who had told him many stories of the moon and stars.

The deja vu tickled the back of his mind for a moment, but he ignored it, instead realizing something completely different. "Wait a minute. You tell such wonderfully detailed stories, you know so much about the moon and the stars, and you sometimes talk in riddles. Are you a Seer like Aunty? She told me she was a Seer but she had to leave her pack because there was something very important that she needed to do. It caused her great pain to talk about it though. I tried to ask her about her family but all she would tell me is she's dead to them. A deadly illness was all they would remember her by. Bit of an odd thing to say isn't it? She seemed to talk in riddles sometimes." He stooped down and picked up the rabbit again, preparing to walk after her as soon as he heard a step. He stared in the last direction he had heard a sound, hoping he was staring at her and not just stupidly at a tree off in the distance or somebody's hut-den.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Ralla's last post for this thread! Big Grin/XS Note: Ralla does later leave the necklace at Chief Dawali's place.

Like before, her heart stopped. All movement ceased to be as Ralla's heart thumped loud in her chest. Too many times that day had she felt the strong foreboding overcoming her now, and too many times was she reminded of what she tried so hard to forget.

Kemo's words of his Aunty then, his mention of 'seers', of how she was one... She wanted no one from her ex-tribe to know she was there. She had never dreamed that they would find her exact location, or that they would endeavor to reclaim a traitorous ex-Shaman-who-never-was. It was not just the fear of loneliness that hunted Ralla now; it was the fear of facing her family, seeing their disappointed faces, possible-death, humiliation...and losing the family she had now.

All this emotion stirred up by a loner wolf who had traveled north and had come upon Ralla by chance.

What horrible test is this, moon? Is it punishment for abandoning my tribe...? But you must understand; you gave me a duty I could not fill. With a steely gaze she turned to Kemo; it was a stare that she had never used nor he could see. But she willed it to pierce his heart and let him know her intentions and feelings. His mention of a wolfess gone with only a memory of an illness was so alike to the death of her mother that it tore down the barricade that had kept that memory at bay for so long. Her mother...Died before I was even half a year old... From sickness, without a body to be found. It scared her that there was the possibility that Kemo had seen her mother's ghost. But that was impossible.

The dead don't come back... So why does it seem like she has?

"You need to leave now, Kemo..." The words were harsh to someone she had just met earlier than morning and whom she had planned to have a kinship with. She had thought that, with their both being from the same ex-tribe, they would have enough in common to form a reminiscing bond. But no; she should have know that having anyone from long ago close to her then would be dangerous; against any advice she would've given to a wolf in her position. "I'm sorry... Please leave, AniWaya. I... You ask too much, Kemo. Much that I...cannot answer. Understand." As an afterthought through the haze of her clouding fear, she added: "I will seek you out at a later date. Maybe then...maybe I can answer more of your questions. But now is too soon. Too soon..." She was repeating more of the words to herself than Kemo. Her voice, stance, and stare were firm, even as her heart fluttered like a bird. She did not want to chase him away; but she had no choice. It was the right thing...for now.

Then she began to back away. Stubborn as she was, fast as she was, and caring as she was, Ralla was not strong, could not run from what was right in front of her, and could not place herself in such an obvious state of danger without just cause. Time away from Kemo would give her time to think and process. She clenched her hands around her satchel and the necklace that was meant for Chief Dawali. She didn't even remember at that point that Kemo may need help getting off of the AniWaya lands. As the memory of her mother and her tribe attacked her, her heart and body did as they always had, despite the recurring uselessness:

They ran away.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks

Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

OOC: This is Kemo's last post for this thread as well. The beginning has come to an end, now the rest can begin Big Grin

Kemo immediately noticed a change in her. The rabbit was dropped, forgotten for the moment as he listened to her heartbeat. At first it almost seemed like it stopped dead once, then sped up almost immediately afterward. He felt a piercing gaze, almost looking through him straight to his heart. Uh oh, what have I done? He went back over all the things he had said, hoping to find something he could apologize for, but nothing came to memory. He hadn't insulted her as far as he knew, hadn't insulted her pack either, so why did he feel like something was wrong? He was not prepared at all for what happened next.

"You need to leave now, Kemo..." His heart turned to ice, his jaw dropped, and his ears glued to the back of his head. What is the meaning of this? He now knew that his suspicions were correct, she was angry with him, or hurt, he had a hard time telling. "But..." He was cut off by her next words, deciding to listen to her rather than speak. He wanted to know so badly what he had done to cause her to change in such a way. That opportunity never came however as she began to back away, her paw steps heavy as if she didn't want to leave, but forced herself along.

"Ralla, please wait. I didn't mean...I'm.." But she was gone before he was able to finish his sentence. He sat there for what seemed like hours, unable to understand what had happened. What was it she had said? You ask too much Kemo.. What on earth was that supposed to mean? It was all he could do to keep from just sitting there for days, months even, to try and figure out what that could possibly mean, but he remembered something else she had said just moments before. She'll return at a later date...I suppose I will find the answer I am seeking at that time, then. I have a feeling she will keep to her word. In the meantime, I have some exploring to do. He couldn't help but feel a little sad at the way she had just left him like that, but he supposed he could never really understand what was going on in her mind at that moment.

He turned and was about to take the first steps toward the edge of the AniWaya territories, or at least begin his search for them, when his paw hit something soft and dead. The rabbit! How was he going to give this to the Chief now? He had no idea where the Chief's hut-den was and didn't know him by scent, so he was left to ponder this for a moment before deciding he would leave the rabbit at the first hut-den he could find. He gently placed it on the sun-warmed wood, turned, and headed toward the scent of the Great Fire, knowing he could follow that scent to the scent of Ralla's tree-hut-den, using that as a guide to travel toward the scent of the territory markers and the fading scent the two of them had left there on their way into the village. The forest was quiet, possibly mirroring his own thoughts as he took one last "look" back in the direction he had come from, then trotted off into the woods to places unknown.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]