[Joining] Morning Songs
[html]
Character Name: ...Gypsy
Character Birthdate: ...April 4, 2007
Character Gender: ...Female
Character Species: ...Tibetan Wolf
Regular Wolf or Luperci: ...Luperci
Desired Profession Path, if any: ...Singer/Writer
Secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): ...[mayaminka@yahoo.com] [mayaminka@hotmail.com]
Currently played characters: ...First character
How did you hear about 'Souls?: ...Advertisement on Seven

The she-wolf traveled at the edge of the border that she scented so clearly beside her. She knew very little about this area, she was new to the territory anyways. Her maw lowered, and she snuffed at the scent markers, careful not to cross over. She knew one miss-step and she would be apologizing for the next year, if the pack didn't kill her first. Like previously mentioned, she knew nothing of the area, or the traditions of these wolves. In her many travels she had seen wolves who would kill you for simply walking beside their border.

She was a beautiful wolf, a thick cream colored under coat with a rich red brown overcoat of fur, with sprinkles of gray and black. Amber eyes glittered, a color pigment almost similar to the once usual golden eyes of the wolves before the humans left, but just a bit too brilliant to be considered natural in that time. In this time, however, it was perfectly normal. She was healthy, with a plump but sleek body, showing the telltale signs of having led a good life, with food always in reach. Muscled legs and good balance and alertness came from traveling so much, but indeed she would be the first to admit her less then satisfactory skills with the hunt.

In her right ear, on the outside edge, three small rings hooked through her ear; the top one gold, the middle silver, and the bottom bronze. Around her front left paw, three gold bracelets jangled, a soft clinky noise. For most this would not be accepted, for it would scare off prey. But she was not accustomed to hunting for herself, so why should it bother her?

She sat down, and tilted her head to the side. A short time beforehand, she had decided to join a pack. Well; here was the packlands. Time to make her move. She sighed softly and hoped the leader would believe that she was a fast learner, and that even though she couldn't hunt very well, that the skills she did have would make up for it. Taking a quick breath, she tipped her muzzle to the morning sky, and howled. Her voice rose and fell in artistic curls, soprano then alto, but never lower, beautiful and clearly trained for making art of sound.

[/html]
[html]
Hey, welcome to 'Souls! ^___^

If she hadn't already been around the border area she wouldn't have turned toward the howl at all. Ember grumbled to herself as she switched directions to head in the direction of the vocal display that had split through the peaceful air around her, a frown upon her muzzle. This wasn't something that she really thought she should be doing, greeting; it was awkward to her. She had once been a leader in the tribe alongside Dawali...how would it be to look upon a would-be tribesmember and not be able to accept them? To have to howl for him and wait for his approval?

The dark female had fallen from grace when she had become pregnant, leaving her post as a leader to try and protect the pups within. She hadn't wanted to put them in danger. But now the whelps were dead, anyway...still, Ember had not requested her post back. She didn't want to beg Dawali or face any questions about the deaths of her children. They had died under rather...unusual circumstances, after all.

Ember's frown deepened as she reached the newcomer, stopping a few yards from the other beast. The un-shifted female's fur bristled and she showed subtle warnings; she was a warrior in the tribe and would protect it if she needed to. Her lip raised slightly to show one canine, tail held at a somewhat high level to show her status. She cleared her throat before speaking, her raspy voice short and to the point. "State your business here, stranger. I'm Ember Phoenix, a member of the tribe that owns these lands"

[/html]
[html]
Thanksies! Smile

The femme watched as a wolf approached from afar, dark fur covering a body just lithe enough to suggest femininity. As the wolfess came ever closer, she took note of the deep frown and unfriendly air about her being, and Gyspy mentally prepared. She glanced down once more, making certain of it... Nope, she hadn't put one paw past the scent markers. She ducked her head, body still held up, but tail lowered to tuck up against her legs. Ears stood at half-mast, and her eyes stayed focused on the other femme's paws. In all, she showed that she held herself with respect, and was accustomed to attention and respect likewise; but just lowered enough to prove she knew how to be submissive and wasn't trying to be a threat. She knew that when being greeted as a 'joiner', that she should show more respect and submissiveness, and so she added a soft whining lilt at the end of her next spoken words.

"I am Gypsy, and I am looking for a pack to join. I was hoping that this might be the place I could do so?" She kept her words soft and gentle, and didn't move her position. Not one hair moved, but nor was she tense and looking like she was about to start a fight. Too quick of movements, or too loud and abrasive words would be considered a threat; but so would stiff unmoving. She swished her tail gently, letting it stir the plants positioned beneath her feet.

She shifted a paw, and her bracelets jangled, too loudly for the silence that had fallen for a few seconds. She stilled herself, and kept her pose respectable. She wanted a good first impression.

[/html]
[html]

The other wolf was standing quite still, and Ember observed her behavior and noted it. She was showing good posture, her question simple and to the point as well. The obvious lack of a visible threat would have made Ember melt and begin chattering away at the newcomer in the past, but she had learned that sometimes things weren't what they seemed when it came to wolf behavior. Because of that one experience, she would always think twice before letting her guard down around a stranger.

"It is. I believe Dawali is accepting members. But what would a wolf like you have to offer the AniWayan tribe?" She asked, pale green eyes trained on Gypsy. A season ago, this might have been a better encounter. A nice beginning to a friendship, even. She had changed a lot in her ways over the last few months. The pierced wolf relaxed her posture ever-so-slightly as she awaited a response, gaze sharp.

[/html]
[html]
~ ~ ~ ~

Sensing the change in conversation, Gypsy let herself relax a little more. She kept her gaze lowered to the other wolf's paws, but lowered her rear and sat down. She had been traveling a long time, and suddenly the exhaustion seemed to have overcome her. Her bracelets jangled even louder as she sat, but she ignored them. "It is. I believe Dawali is accepting members. But what would a wolf like you have to offer the AniWayan tribe?" Gypsy tipped her red-brown head to the side slightly, thoughtfully wondering how she should answer. This wolfess was asking for her skills, not her weaknesses. That was good. Mentioning she sucked at hunting would probably not help her get into this pack. Or tribe as she called it.

Continuing to gather her thoughts, she started speaking, slowly. Her voice was a thoughtful lull, but it didn't expose it's true talent just yet. "I have been a traveler for my entire life. When one travels, one gains much knowledge. My family was also entertainers, so I have skills many do not. I can sing, I can compose writings. I have learned to read and write, and I have learned a few other things. Like how to make a South American trap, or an African spear. I know a few medicinal and herbal healings, and a few things besides that. And I have some pretty amazing stories to inspire hope, fear, sorrow, or whatever I wish to so inspire in any pup, wolf, or elder." She didn't know what this pack was looking for, so she thought she'd just give what she had, and see if her cards played true and straight.

She flicked her ear as a fly buzzed around it, and felt the morning sun settling through her fur. A once pleasant feeling, but sitting here much longer would cause the summer sun to burn her deep red fur. She looked at the other wolf, avoiding her eyes, and took in her sleek build, and dark fur. How could she stand this sun for much longer, she didn't know. A cloud passed in front of the sun, and caused momentary relief, however, and Gypsy sighed and settled back down.

[/html]
[html]
I think something close to what rank Gypsy might like is the Gatlvska rank, described in that link to the AniWaya website.

Ember hadn't greeted a newcomer at the borders in a very long time. "I see. I'm not sure what rank you'd be suited for in AniWaya, but it's not something that has to be decided right here and now. We have a general rank, too...the Itse rank. For newcomers who are undecided."

She had nearly forgotten some of the newer changes to the tribe and its rules; at her rank she was allowed to accept newcomers without Dawali's permission. She thought carefully before deciding. The tribe could always use new members, and Gypsy had given her no reason not to trust her. She shrugged. "Welcome to the tribe. I had nearly forgotten...but at my rank I am allowed to accept new wolves into the tribe. I think you'd make a good addition." She said gruffly.

"I'll have you as an Itse for now...you can decide exactly what you want after you've settled in...and let Dawali know." She said.
"We have a few unique things here that other surrounding packs do not...a sense of tradition and spirituality. Within AniWaya, if you so choose, you can go on a spiritual journey and find a spirit guide animal. They will advise you and be a lifetime companion." Ember explained. She pointed her nose toward the heart of the tribelands. "Follow me...I'll show you around, I suppose.."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

Sounds good to me!

The femme wolf tipped her head, listening. She nodded, agreeing that she could wait for her official rank to be decided. “That's fine with me. I will be happy to finally have a home.” She smiled happily, proving her point, as she thought about what this meant. A home. Not wandering, no matter how fun that was, she had always wanted to settle down. Now she could, finally.

The talk of a spirit guide interested her. She made a quick mental note to look into that later, but for now the offer to show her around interested her even more. She wanted to see her new home, meet her new pack, and find somewhere she could rest as well, hopefully. She was tired. She had spent the last three years traveling, so she had a right to be tired! No sooner then she was born, and they were on the move again. Even the thought of traveling exhausted her. But for now she would be fine, she wished to see the AniWaya tribal lands.

“Alright. Thank you.” She smiled again, and took a step forward, ready to follow the black wolf into her new home.

<style>
.gypsy-z01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gypsy-z01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gypsy-z01 b {color:#f4c87d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gypsy-z01 {background-color:#412d12; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w20jk9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #f4c87d; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b4100; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.gypsy-z01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Smile

She made a straight line for the village, nose pointed in its direction, paws moving swiftly. She didn't want to run too quickly and tire the newcomer out (surely she had traveled a long way to get to AniWaya), but she wanted to make it there in decent time. The darkly colored wolfess turned her head to the side to look at Gypsy with one pale eye. "You've been in a pack before, right? Or did you just travel alone all this time?" She asked. Might as well make some sort of an effort at conversation.

The village came out of the trees before they had walked for too terribly long, and she stopped at the end of the street. The wolf would have a few choices. Ember had started out in a rustic den and had eventually chosen a house to live in...in fact they'd pass it soon if they kept walking...but houses were not to some wolves' taste. "We have a few homes that would be availiable...just need some cleanin' out. I have a house on this street. Or we've got some uh..caves and stuff too."

[/html]
[html]

~ ~ ~ ~

Gypsy followed the female, and kept her head lowered appropriately. She was beginning to pick up a sense that while this femme may not be Alpha or Beta, she had a ranking of higher sorts. Best stay on her good side. Plus, it was good to have an initial good outlook for her future home. “Yes, I lived in a pack of sorts. They were a traveling pack, with mages and craftsmen. That's where I learned to sing, and also where I did all my traveling and gaining of knowledge.” She nodded, letting her eyes trail everywhere, taking in landmarks and such so she wouldn't get lost once on her own.

Noticing just in time, Gypsy halted and dropped her rear to the ground, as Ember Phoenix did so beside her. They were looking down a street, with human nests. Houses, she had heard them called before. She shivered at the thought of being in one, and shook her head. “No, I'd be best not in one of those, thank you. I'd much prefer just a normal den, out in the trees or wherever your pack, um, tribe keeps the other wolves.” She smiled, but her amber eyes were still on the houses. While beautiful, and they looked like they'd be excellent for shelter, shade, and warmth, she shivered at the thought. Why would a wolf willingly sleep and live in one of those things? The humans died out for a reason, if the wolves followed too closely in their footsteps, so would they.

<style>
.gypsy-z02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gypsy-z02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gypsy-z02 b {color:#fd9f0b; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gypsy-z02 {background-color:#bc5614; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/2i0di68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fb4000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a380d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.gypsy-z02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Smile

She could understand why a wolf might not want to live in a house. It was unnatural, really...most creatures lived outdoors in the elements, surviving in the wilderness and sleeping wherever they could. Ember had started out that way at first. She had slowly, over time, began to assimilate to more of a human-like culture, though. She had collected human things, worn human clothing and used weapons designed by the dead species.

But Ember knew that she was a wolf, not a human. She nodded in understanding to the other female. "Wherever we keep them, eh?" She said. "I guess I'd be willing to help you dig or whatever..or help you find a nice cave. It'll be getting cold out soon enough, so maybe a cave would be best." Ember turned away from the village.

She liked to know little bits of the members' history. Or, she used to like that. She had simply nodded when Gypsy had mentioned her previous lifestyle. AniWaya was all Ember knew, now...the fire had taken her one true home, Storm, from her. She had loved that place, and knew that there would be nothing like it again. "Have you ever been to the old human city? We've got a big old city here...not by AniWaya, it's a ways away."

[/html]
[html]

Hey, sorry for delay! Band competitions and practices have been getting crazy haha. This is my first week/weekend off in three weeks!

“I think a cave would be best,” Gypsy nodded, the motion causing her hoops to quiver in her ear, but they were small enough to not make any noise. She liked the sound of a cave, somewhere permanent and already there, that she could fix up. A lot less effort then digging, and it would be cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter then a den.

“No I haven't been to that city, but I've seen a few others. I am new to this area, haven't been here much. New to the country really. I'll have to check it out once I've settled in more, gotten to know the area and other wolves.” She said, thinking about her past experiences with human cities. She loved to search for human items, and to try and figure out what each object was for. She had seen wolves wearing clothes, and she had avoided doing the same, except for the small jewelry bits she had found and loved so much. She had also seen the weapons from humans that so many used, and she longed to own one of those daggers. She had no want for the rifles and other guns and archery items, but a nice knife or dagger would be handy to have. She planned to find someone to trade for one, or to search one out in a city. Maybe she could in this city that Ember Phoenix spoke of...

She turned around as Ember did the same, following her lead, and started padding that way. She could smell the cool scent of rich earth being turned over, and knew some wolf was digging its den, or perhaps enlarging it for a family or mate? She smiled and padded onward, smelling the pine and the distant scent of mountain. She saw some piled rocks off in the distance, and wondered if there were any caves over in that direction.

<style>
.gypsy-z01 {background-color:#412d12; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w20jk9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #f4c87d; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b4100; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.gypsy-z01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Smile

"I moved to the village, into one of the houses, but I had a den of my own before that. It might even be open. I cleaned it out when I left, with the help of my friend Moonfyre." She wasn't sure if Moonfyre was her friend, exactly, but he was who she was living with. The question was whether he was more than that to her or not. Ember didn't want to get involved in the whole fluffy, lovey mateship that she had once imagined herself having with Dawali. She wanted to be by herself. Most days she could barely tolerate seeing the male or any other wolf at all, and often spent much of her time away from the house.

She started to lead Gypsy away from the village and toward the river, where her old den was. She'd dug between the vines of a willow tree to make the den. It was very expansive, with several different rooms in it, and the walls of it were lined with flat stones that she had carried back from the riverbeds. They were more for decoration than anything else. "It'd be up to you...but you could take a look at my old den if you want. It's already dug out..big enough for me, and I'm pretty tall. It's hidden, too" The tree was coming into view, and she looked at Gypsy questioningly, holding a few of the willow branches aside with one paw to show her the entrance when they reached it.

[/html]
[html]

Gah >.< I am usually really good with fast replies. It didn't alert my email that this post was here like it usually does, that's why this is so late. I'll go check my settings to make sure it doesn't happen again.

“Sounds fine to me, I'd certainly be interested in looking.” Gypsy smiled, nodding gently. She padded after the dark femme, and looked in interest at how well hidden it was. A beautiful willow tree's branches buried themselves around the entrance, making it so that unless you knew where to look, you wouldn't find it. When Ember held a few branches out of the way, she gazed down into the den and admired the river rocks lining the walls. “Those are pretty,” She murred in appreciation. She was a lover of the arts, and such beautiful rocks could have only come from a water source. They were rubbed smooth from probably centuries of sitting in water, and stunning colors and sleekness shone from their flat surfaces.

She entered the den, and her tail wagged gently. The place had obviously been cleaned out since its last use, but it had probably been quite a while since anyone had used it. She smiled, and examined the fine skills with which it had been dug and renovated, and she wandered through the main room, gazing around. Besides the flat stones, there were a few rooms branching off on either side of the main den, and they seemed to be empty from her first impression. She would love to fill this place with belongings, make her own. It would serve her purpose almost perfectly...

“It's perfect,” She breathed softly, turning to smile warmly at the she-wolf.

<style>
</style>[/html]