we've seen the nightmare of your life [private]
[html]

for denali :3 rabbit lake! And possibly help me get the lorel co-rank? woot

Ezra was bad at exploring. The Court had become his home now that Ever had come into his life. She was everything he wanted and leaving her was something that he didn’t want to ever do. But today was different. After venturing to Halifax, Ezra wanted to discover the world outside of Cour des Miracles. Admittedly, Ezra was still exceptionally uneducated about the culture here. He knew nothing of the life werewolves lived, or the politics surrounding the other packs. It was something that eternally puzzled the boy, the lives of others. He had met some radically different characters when he was on the road and wondered if any oddities lived in his new home.

His girl was nowhere to be found on the first day of autumn, and so Ezra took it as an opportunity to seek out new places. Halifax had been a little terrifying and overwhelming for him, so the idea of staying local seemed ideal. The fading scent of another pack graced Ezra’s nose from time to time due south of his little home by the lake. It seemed like a reasonable place to go for now, and so the boy took off. The thought of entering another’s territory seemed like a less than ideal situation, but Ezra shook it off.

Rabbit lake could be seen off in the distance from the Court and so his mind set his trek in that direction. The densely covered forest the Court had possession over was exceptionally different to the land surrounding the lake. Here, the remains of farms and human settlements were far more obvious as the boy jogged through the hills. The leaves were already starting to change, with a fire red tree in full bloom every hundred yards or so. The day was chilly, and foggier than normal. Ezra thought of his situation exactly one year ago. He was still with his old family, which he suddenly got a painful longing for. Ezra had braved the winter without them and moved on, but he missed his sisters immensely. They never had a longing to go and explore and were doomed to stay in the Rosen family forever. Poor things.

As the boy wandered, he didn’t realize how far into the foreign pack land he had wandered into. The lake suddenly stood before him, and the mutt smiled. The lake’s reflection was muted due to the fog, but it was still stunning. What a wonderful day it turned out to be.

<style type="text/css"> .ezr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c1b79b; letter-spacing:1px; } .ezr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:400px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ezr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #595547} .ezr {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#fff3cf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ezra1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 50px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

WC:354

Denali had finally seen quite a bit of the packlands and now today he was revisiting a nice spot, one that had frogs only days ago, but now was void of them. The puppy who was starting to grow a bit more, was trying to understand why there were frogs one day and the next there weren’t the only difference he could tell was that one day it had been warmer than the other but it didn’t matter did it? He was still around, he wouldn’t jump into the water himself, as he learned early it was starting to cool off and that it was too cold for the little pup to dip in. but he still like how the wind caught him, and ruffled his fur. He didn’t mind the cool autumn wind at all and it felt good as it swept through his thick fur.

He was about to leave when he suddenly saw someone, someone who he hadn’t met. He watched at the wolf moved along quietly, he was on all fours like Denali was, which was a rare sight indeed, although he’d seen other’s on all fours he was still use to seeing most wolves walk on two legs. He kept quiet though as it seemed that the other wolf didn’t know he was there, was it a good idea to use his newly forming skills as a stalker a good idea to use on this stranger? He decided not to, he was comfortable with strangers now, as he’d met many of them since he’d come here, but he wasn’t learning to be a fool, and he knew his mommy’s words were of utter importance and one of them was actually not sneaking up on people.

uh hello.

he said, he didn’t sound mean or upset, but he wanted to know what the male was doing here, and not smell of the pack? Denali was still a young pup and he didn’t know the importance of not talking to strangers, but it didn’t seem to be a matter instilled on him even though he was well cared for.

<style type="text/css">
.denaligift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#afd518; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #6b856f; }
.denaligift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#365737; text-align:center;}
.denaligift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.denaligift01 {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#97a599; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #afd518; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#365737; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.denaligift01-border1 {width:446px; border:1px solid #152216; margin:0 auto;}
.denaligift01-line1 {width:416px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b9be9f; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I’m so sorry for the wait I’m such a bum!

The cool silence surrounding the great body of water was shaken when another animal spoke. Hair on end, the mutt whipped his body around, expecting an angry pack leader. Instead, Ezra had to search for the source of the sound for a moment until he looked down at a puppy standing before him. The young one was a mess of browns and tans which Ezra hadn’t seen in a while. His body was different too, as if his growth had been stunted, but no matter. Ezra was starting to get used to the increasing variety of characters here. It was still a little unnerving, but he was getting better at hiding his feelings.

”Hey there! I’m Ezra, from over yonder at Cour des Miracles,” the mutt said with a grin. He loved children. They were always so innocent. This one seemed to be a pure wolf, too, which was always an added bonus. Ezra knew virtually nothing of the werewolf way of life, so even if the pup was a werewolf, he’d have no idea.

What’s your name? Enjoying the day?”It probably wasn’t the best idea to be so social to a foreign pack member, but again, Ezra knew nothing of pack politics. Besides, it was a nice day and there was nothing wrong with sharing it with another.

<style>
.ezra-e09 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-e09 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-e09 b {color:#B4C5E1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ezra-e09 {background-color:#343A44; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/b8o7zb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B4C5E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#11151B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.ezra-e09-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: ---

Denali saw the defensiveness in the wolf’s form, but he seemed to relax at the sight of Denali. He tilted his head when the wolf introduced himself. He could see the air around him different, he wasn’t all use to a grown wolf who didn’t walk on two legs, so he was interested, though he wanted to know about this miracles place, it seemed interesting and he’d never heard of it before.

What of miracles? What’s that? I didn’t know there were other places around here with wolves.

In fact he didn’t think there were any at all, whatever wolf was in this pack was enough for him to think about, they gave him food shelter, let him play, played with him, and all sorts of stuff, so why worry about other packs. He smiled when Ezra asked his name.
I’m Denali, I live in these lands, Crimson Dreams.

His speech was much better than it had been weeks before, he was learning how to pronounce words better so that he didn’t sound so much like a baby. He wasn’t angry that the other wolf was there either, in fact he was indifferent, he was still new to pack policies as well, though he knew that strangers might not be welcome, but Ezra seemed like a nice wolf, and he doubted nice wolves should be run out of the pack lands.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk b {font-weight:bold; color:#F3F87F; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Denali’s cute :3 sorry for the shitty post.

“Cour des Miracles is a pack. We’re right nearby. From what I gather there are several other packs around. There’s a coyote one, too,” he inquired, looking at the boy. Ezra knew absolutely nothing of the area he occupied now. Usually he took forever to get accustomed to the world he would move into, but for the Court, he completely let it take over his life instantly. The boy felt at home there. Crimson Dreams, however, was another matter entirely. He had never seen this area, but had always been inquisitive. Perhaps this puppy would be a source of information for him.

“I’ve never been to Crimson Dreams before. Do your parents know you’re out here by yourself?” The pup was probably fine but Ezra still cared about his welfare. When Ezra was young he would often spend days by himself exploring without his siblings. It was incredibly freeing and maybe that’s where he discovered his independence. Micah never liked going out on his own, and he was one who stayed home. Funny how those things take root as a child.

<style>
.ezra-e09 {background-color:#343A44; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/b8o7zb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B4C5E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#11151B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.ezra-e09-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: ---

He just wanted to know what it was, the rest seemed to just go in one ear and out the other, he was a puppy after all, and heard only what he wanted, he wasn’t excited to hear about another new pack or other packs around, they were not Crimson Dreams and they didn’t have his mommy and daddy in any of them. They were here. The ones he now considered his real parents at least. The other two… well they didn’t find him so they weren’t his parents any longer.

Mmm hmmm my mommy knows I’m here, she said I could come here.

He said, telling the truth, she did let him, he told her where he was going and left after she acknowledged it, he never went anywhere without anyone knowing he was there, he was afraid of getting lost again, it wasn’t comforting to him, he wanted someone to know where he was at all times. That way they could look for him if they need to.

Does your mommy know that you are here?

He returned the question right back at the other wolf, though he didn’t know the other wolf might not be around his mother at all.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.ezra-fevers { border:1px solid #fff;background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/6nxb8x.jpg);background-position:top;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:430px;background-color:#030419;font-family:arial;font-size:1em; line-height:1.4em;color:#fdedca; margin: 0 auto; }
.ezra-fevers .header {margin:0 auto}
.ezra-fevers .content{ padding:250px 10px 10px 10px; text-align:justify}
.ezra-fevers .content p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.ezra-fevers .content b {color:#D9D7D8;font-family:georgia;}
</style>

-is a fail.-

The pup amused Ezra. He smiled at the young boy, and noticed his petite figure. How young was this pup really? When Denali said his parents knew where he was, the mutt furrowed his brow. Maybe it was just the thought of having a serious relationship with Ever and the thought of little Denali-like Rosens running around eventually, Ezra freaked out. “Still! You shouldn’t be wandering around by yourself. Though I guess if you’re in your own packland it’s okay,” Ezra smiled, shrugged, and let go of his minor terror.

Denali mentioned his own family. How long it had been since he had seen them. The boy’s heart hurt a little for them, but that too eventually passed. “I left my family a year or so ago to try living by myself. They’re way up north. It took me 6 months or so to get here. My mom knows I left, don’t worry. I saw the craziest people ever! Want to hear a story or two from my life on the road? I learned how to fish, I talked to bears, and I even went kayaking for a bit. And I lived on a ship for a while,” Ezra remembered those damn weres. Denali looked a little bit like them, but his innocence drove the hate out of his mind. Now was not the time to pass judgment, regardless of whether or not Denali was one of them.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry bout the short wait

Denali scowled at being treated like a really little pup… that happened to him a lot though, now that the others were getting bigger than even he was, he’d been always questioning that, and his legs were always so short, but he wasn’t complaining, he just didn’t like being treated like a little toothpick. If this wolf ever knew of his own adventure getting here, he’d know that Denali was fine walking around all on his own.

My mommy know I won’t go anywhere bad.

He said proudly, he was a proud wolf after all, he did now have a caring family that loved him, though his old parents loved him very much he had no one to play with and he liked it here so much better. He was distracted by the mention of a story, he loved stories, he smiled and wagged his tail.

Oh I wanna hear I do!

He talked to a bear? And went on a ship? Wow, he wished he could have adventures like that someday, just thinking about it made him feel all giddy inside.

<style type="text/css"> .denali b {font-weight:bold; color:#edfbb4; letter-spacing:1px; } .denali .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:275px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .denali p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #3b7700} .denali {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9fbe22; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... denali.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

short wait! Haha. You should beat me with a stick >_>;;; sorry <3 I had this written up with a whole long big story but then my computer crashed when I was ¾ done. I was just kinda annoyed so I didn’t type it up again for a while.

Ezra grinned. This was so cute. Puppies were always so innocent and carefree and that was probably the greatest gift they had. It was so easy for them to be happy and to live life so peacefully. Ezra wasn’t jealous of Denali, for he had had a happy and loving puppyhood, but it definitely was the best time of his life. Such a cherished time.

Denali wanted to hear a story. The chevalier smiled at the tawny boy, and quickly remembered one. “When I was traveling, there was a couple days where I couldn’t catch any food. It was in the spring last year when summer was right around the corner. Anyway, I was in a field when a bear showed up! It was terrifying at first – I didn’t know what to do! The bear knew my family back home, however, he recognized the Rosen markings. I’m part husky, you see, and not many wolf families have husky mixed in. We all have funny eyes!”

Anyway, this bear named Fellan saw that I was hungry. He showed me where all the berries were. I ate blackberries with a bear! We sat together and talked for a long while, but then the sun was setting and he had to go back to his family. He invited me to come over and spend the night, so I did. Fellan had two little cubs that were a bit older than you. Later that night though, I woke up because I heard something rustling in their dungeon. A coyote was trying to get at their extra stores of food! He was big and menacing and one of those werecoyote types. Fellan and I sprung into action and we fought the coyote. Fellan got a nasty bite on his ear, but he was thankful I was around to fight him off. The next day I saw that same coyote… he’s not gonna mess with any bears any time soon.” he smiled at the little boy, wondering if he liked that story.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

+3

Denali sat and listened, he met a bear, and the bear was Nice! Denali couldn’t believe that, he knew that bears were always mean and grumpy and never shared their food, but he still listened with interest his ears perked, it really was a good story and as Ezra neared the end speaking of the coyote and that the two had defended the bear cubs, Denali’s ears suddenly drooped, a memory came back to him, it was so quick yet it had happened in front of him. He was told to hide, to get away, the coyote would hurt him badly, he’d seen his parents defending him…

My old mommy and daddy, they fought one too, but… but the coyote was asleep when I came back and… I couldn’t find them, they were gone and I don’t know where they went to, they were suppose to come to me, but I went to them but I never found them, so my new mommy said if I stayed here maybe my old one would come find me here.

He’d never forgotten his parents, never forgotten that day even though he was so young… He was sure they would never be able to come, but that story had hit so close to home it was just sad, he was glad that no one was hurt really badly.

It was good that the bear went back to his family, then…

It made him feel like his old parents didn’t love him if they didn’t go find him like they said they would. Maybe they meant for all of it to happen, but he forced himself to stop, he was here and he had lots of fun with other puppys and he had another mommy and daddy that really liked him, he’d stay here and never have to worry about his old parents again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It appeared that Denali was entranced by his story, which was typical of pups his age. It must seem so marvelous to be told a story as mundane as that and be whisked away by a surging imagination. Ezra definitely still had his from when he was younger, but he felt sorry for those who lacked a heart open to things like imagination and playtime. It was such a blessing to be taken far, far away with something as simple as your mind.

Denali’s response, however, made Ezra upset. He hadn’t realized that the puppy wasn’t born in Gryffindor. He was clearly adopted by another set of loving parents in this packland. The story the boy told Ezra was horrifying. Had they been killed, or merely gotten lost? The more somber option seemed the most likely. Poor thing. “I’m sorry honey, I’m sure your parents will find you soon. I’m sure they’re still looking for you.” he gave the little boy a sad little smile.

“Yeah, Fellan and I became good friends. I stayed by his family for a couple of weeks and we talked a lot. He taught me the way of the traveler and how to find food in unexpected places. I even ate bugs just to try it once. Worms are reaaaaaally gross,” Ezra tried to change the subject, and figured that might cheer the little one up. “What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Denali shook his head at Ezra’s comment that they’d find him. He’d given up on them a long time ago, they were suppose to be here by now, but they weren’t he wasn’t angry at them. He probably should have waited for them longer, but now he had a home, one he loved, and he loved staying in one spot more than anything in the world right now, though he loved adventures there was plenty here. Maybe it was a good thing his old mommy and daddy didn’t find him.

At the change of subject he pushed the thought out of his head and listened to Ezra finish up his story, and made a face when he mentioned eating bugs.

I think the grosses thing I had was dirt.

He said, though he never tried to swallow it he’d fallen down and it had gotten in his mouth it was very very gross, but he’d never thought of trying to eat bugs and now wondered exactly how gross thy were.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The little Gryffindor boy knew the truth, then. He knew his parents weren’t going to find him; the little hope he could have had was gone. Ezra knew the boy was growing up, then -- what little naïveté the boy had left from being a puppy was gone. Ezra was wrong in his assessment of the little boy. He realized the severity of his situation, but was accepting of his new life with open arms. That’s all he really could do, he supposed. The chevalier thought about his family, and how he missed his sisters so. He left them with their mother, for them to survive amid the family that was starting to spring apart. Ezra left because he was scared -- his mother’s illness, his fathers worsening hatred for everything Ezra loved. It was a miracle he left, but the bond he had with his sisters was the only thing he truly missed in the world.

Denali answered his question, which Ezra chuckled at. “Well then, my dear boy, you clearly haven’t done enough experimenting in your life. Dirt makes for a nice crunchy snack!” At this point Ezra was just messing with the pup -- though he had eaten dirt before, it was on accident. Regardless, the mutt gave the young one a big, dogish grin. “So how old are you, Denali? Do you like living here?” The day was still young, after all, and compay with such an interesting pup was still desirable. It would be interesting to find out how Denali turns out later in his life.

In character Text here! "Speech!"

<style type="text/css"> .ezra b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7d09d; letter-spacing:1px; } .ezra .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ezra p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #6b375a} .ezra {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#e05745; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ezra2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 50px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Denali gaped at the man truly believing he actually liked eating dirt!!! Though Denali knew there was so much to explore, he’s want to find the taste of everything eventually, but he was happy keeping his little tongue in his mouth. This time though he stuck it out thinking of actually eating it with his meat and the crunchy sound it would make… gross!!!

You don’t have good taste huuh?

He had to think about his age, he never really thought about it but now that Ezra had asked he had to try to remember himself, he knew he was a few months old when he enter Gryffindor… and it had been a lot of days…

I dunno I was born in May, that’s what I was told.

He had asked about it, but he didn’t know the four months he lived seemed like six or seven years to him, he’d had so many adventures with his friends the days just melded together.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The boy didn’t realize that he was joking. His reaction was so priceless, so cute. The short character had a lot of growing up to do, even if sometimes he seemed to be more mature for his age than most puppies. “I do have good taste! But Denali, sometimes you have to make do with what you can find. You can’t always have elk for dinner dear. Especially when you’re hunting by yourself. You get sick of hunting rabbits and birds pretty quickly. Berries are sweet and delicious, you should try them when they come back in the spring!”
The wolfdog watched the young one curiously, seeing what he did after Denali said he didn’t know his real birthdate. He didn’t seem too upset about it. Ezra slowly stopped smiling and plopped down next to the young boy. “It’s okay, you were too young. But you know what you can do now? You can make up your own birthday! Isn’t that exciting? So which day do you want to be born on? I was born on June 12th, according to the human calendar.”

[/html]
[html]

WC: OOC: well yay for short posts ^^

The cold is not going to stay!

Denali exclaimed in disbelief, but when he heard that there would be berries, and spring… he put them together as warmer weather because the cold weather made things wither. It made him shiver thinking more about the cold, and it made him feel that it was just getting colder. The mention of berries and eating thing that weren’t meat went over his head when the man said spring.

I was told I was born in May

He repeated, perhaps Ezra hadn’t heard him, but Denali wasn’t angry or anything though the idea of actually making his own birthday sounded better, he did know when he was born. He just didn’t know… well the months really, or how long it had been. It was hard for a puppy his age to understand time itself.

<style type="text/css">
.denalimountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#BAAEF3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalimountain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalimountain p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.denalimountain {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#050D15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... untain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F9CEE1; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#2B5CB8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]