Ear-lye in the morning
[html]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He and his aunt had figured out their names based on what was written on the bag, and Gideon had continued to call them by those names. The pups' parentage was confusing, as was how they had come to be in his possession, but he claimed them as his own. The young adult was barely more than a pup himself, but these whelps were teaching him what real responsibility was like. They had just began to crawl a little bit and were on the move now more than ever before.

Today Gideon was watching them out on the front lawn. He usually put them on the couch or bed and watched over them, but now that they were crawling he was afraid they'd fall off. The whelps seemed to enjoy the grass as they barked, sneezed, and rolled around in play. When they had been born they'd been very dark, but their coats were evening out to be a medium chocolate brown color. The female, Melee, had a twisted paw...but she seemed to be able to use the leg with no problem. She seemed to be a little more fragile than her brother, though.

It was early in the morning, but the sun had already warmed the lands considerably. It was one of those oddly warm days of autumn today. He yawned and laid out on his side in the grass next to the pups, absorbing some of the rays with his dark coat.

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b22222; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... nTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6a4648; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

The day was blessed with the warmth that usually was reserved for the warm summer months, but autumn was here and yet the sun warmed the outside world already despite the early hour. The cinnamon and gold leader had been up for a while, but had yet to venture outside until now. He pushed the door open with his nose and stepped out on to the porch and into the front lawn on four limbs, lavender eyes taking in the puppies enjoying the sympathetic weather. There would not be many more days like these, and so they would all be wise to enjoy it while it lasted, the young male guessed. Conor did not feel comfortable about these children at all. He recognized that they were innocent, and his rage and confusion was not directed at them personally. They shared that same tainted blood, he was certain of this.

His gentle gaze travelled over to the dark youth that had taken the responsibility. Gideon had insisted on being the ones to raise them, and though the he was very young, the Dahlian alpha thought that it was a good thing. He had a certain claim as he was the one that had rescued their lives. The few details he had been given were vague, and he guessed he could not avoid the truth any longer. He padded over to the Stormbringer boy and settled next to his resting form, white tipped tail curling around his light front paws. ”They seem happy, Gideon,” the adult commented softly, thinking it was strange that they could forget the close death so easily. Then again, they had been too young to understand what had happened. They were lucky to be unaware of the cruelty that existed in this world. ”What are their names?” He had been told, but he needed to hear it from the adolescence.

<style>
.conor-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conor-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conor-z91 b {color:#E3B7EA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He laid his head down on the grass, yawning. The pups often woke up him way before he wanted to get up and get moving around, and today was one of those days. They would be alright out here as long as he stayed awake. He kept one eye open and on them, long body creating a barrier between the pups and the rest of the yard.

a rustling in the grass nearby announced the presence of another, and his ears perked up. He breathed in a familiar scent and simply rolled over to greet Conner, energy already seemingly spent for the day. The alpha asked a question about the pups and he craned his head back to watch them play a little bit before answering. "Melee and Range" He said. "At least, that's what was written on the bag"

He had been relieved that Conor had allowed them to stay..Gideon didn't know where else they would have gone if he hadn't allowed it. "I want Nayru to meet them soon before they get too big..I think they'd like her" Hopefully Nayru would like them, too. He could only hope! Gideon hadn't had much free time since the arrival of the pups, but he didn't mind it too much...as long as he got to see her every once in a while, too. "How are you today, Conor?"

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b22222; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... nTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6a4648; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

--

A few seconds passed before his smaller siblings’ names were revealed. How strange, to name the children you were going to burn. It was strange, and in a way he hoped that they would not be able to figure out who the mother was. To burn one’s own children was a hideous thing if he had ever seen one before. Perhaps they were Haku’s children, but it was wrong to blame the children for the many sins of their father’s. It was gruesome to think of what no doubt would have happened if Gideon had not been there. Lavender eyes glanced over to the ebony pelted youth by his side. The Stormbringer male would grow up to become something great, there was no doubt about that.

A smile suddenly flashed on the adult’s face as Gideon spoke of Nayru. ”Yes, and I think they would melt Nayru’s heart,” he murmured softly, deciding against speaking words that could hint about the nature of the friendship between the two young wolves. It was possible for the members to toy around with the two friends as one thing usually led to another eventually, but he was not cruel enough to do such a thing, even if the intention was not a dark one. Instead, he moved to the question that sounded from the soon to be adult. ”I’m good, thanks,” he breathed, tilting his head as he turned the question back to the youth. ”And yourself?”

There was something he wanted to ask, but those words had yet to escape his hesitant tongue.

<style>
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

<3 <3 Very nice avatar Smile

These pups were very cute, Gideon had noticed. The two of them were growing up fast, and their coats were beginning to show some of what their adult coloration would someday be. It was obvious that Melee would be somewhat darker than Range; her overall coloration had always been a few shades darker, and now that her coat was developing he could see the differences between the two. Both pups looked completely unlike Gideon, though the dead pup that he had found alongside them in the bag had been nearer his shade. The mother wolf, or whoever that had been that had dropped them off, had been very darkly colored.

He watched the youngsters in their play, a small smile upon his muzzle. The male was beginning to see subtle changes in each pup’s personality and attitude as they learned more about their environments. He liked it when he could let them go outside and play because he didn’t want them to think that their whole entire world consisted of the quaint bedroom that they occupied inside the house. Melee was obviously the leader of the small faction, despite her deformed paw, and was often the one to instigate small tussles and play-fights with her lazier sibling.

”Melt her heart?” Gideon repeated, his head tilting to the side in thought. Nayru didn’t seem like she would be too much of a puppy-lover to him, but maybe she would like them because of the fact that he cared for them. He hoped so! ”I think they would like her too” He was beginning to realize how much he had taken on that night by picking up the bag and taking them back to Dahlia with him, that these pups would affect him for the rest of his life. This was alright with him, though, as long as he could be the one to improve theirs and make it better. Burning up in a fire was too sad of a beginning and ending for their story. Here they had a chance at being able to grow up and be normal, fun-loving pups.

Conor inquired about Gideon’s well-being and the teenaged wolf managed a shrug from his prone position. Every day was different, and yet the same. He had a routine going with Melee and Range that wasn’t disturbed too terribly often. ”It’s the same just about every day. Once these guys are a bit older…and I’m a bit older, I’ll have more responsibility in the pack. Won’t I?” He would be a full adult in a few more months. ”Maybe someday I’ll be a leader like you” He said.

<style>
.gideon-thuper .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gideon-thuper p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gideon-thuper b {color:#EFEFEF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.gideon-thuper-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thanks! I love it, Alex maded <333 Oh, and sorry for the quality of this post. I'm posting from work and can't concentrate well <_< they are drilling in the next room, so the ground is shaking and it's like I'm at the dentist's, lol... 300+

The alpha only smiled as Gideon pondered about the heart melting matter, but nothing more. It was up to the two young wolves to determine their friendship and no one else’s. And there was no doubt that they would take to the spotted Nayru. She was a wonderful wolf, and Conor hoped she would be able to realize her own worth. The leader’s lilac gaze travelled to the wrestling forms of two puppies in play. It was a reassuring scene to witness, and he felt happy regardless of their turbulent start in life. He wondered how they would choose to deal with the questions that were bound to rise once the two grew up and started to wonder about parents and family. Gideon was their official guardian, but would any of them find the heart to reveal that they were saved from a gruesome death by flames? It was disheartening, but these two would be loved and protected by their Dahlian family.

Gideon’s next words created a wrinkle on the base of the adult’s muzzle. Gideon was no longer a child. When had the time started to fly past in such speed? Eyes returned to the dark form of the teenager, and he realized that it was time for Gideon to step into the adult ranks as well. Nayru had already crossed over the invisible line from child to adult, and Gideon was to follow next, along with his siblings. How strange. The adult had yet to come up with a vocal response when Giddy’s last words reached his cinnamon tipped ears. It was not impossible. To be brutally honest, Conor had not been older than, what, one year plus a few months when he had rose to leadership here. Gideon was already a capable wolf, and maturity and experience would only strengthen his natural abilities, which were many. He did not doubt that the black male would reach far. Perhaps they would watch over the pack together, one day.

His cream and gold painted muzzle nodded slowly as gaze travelled towards the horizon. ”You’re not a child anymore,” he breathed, finding the fact almost a bit sad. In other ways, it was wonderful. The pack was no stronger than its members, and he had full faith in his fellow Dahlians. Gideon would strengthen the pack as a whole. ”You’ll have more responsibility soon,” Conor said, though caring for two small puppies was a good deal of responsibility alone. ”You’re already more mature than your age should suggest, and I have faith in you.” Given time, Gideon could get as far as he wanted. ”Perhaps we will lead this pack together, one day.” It was far from impossible.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

<3~~~

He was used to the every day routine with the pups, but once they didn't need him as much he would be looking for something to fill that void. Gideon was the type who liked to be busy all the time. It kept him from thinking too much, which was a good thing. The male thought and daydreamed enough as it was. He enjoyed doing things with his hand, building and fishing and constructing things. He was starting to wonder about when he should move out of the mansion; as Conor had just said, he wasn't a child any more.

"I don't want to just leave the mansion like Nayru..but I think I might start digging a den or something before it gets too cold outside. Not too far away...maybe over by where Nayru lives. I'm not sure. I feel like I should be close to her--being around her makes me happy" He said. He was very sad when he didn't see his friend for a while. Having the routine helped.

Gideon was glad to hear that he would be given more responsibility. He looked up in surprise and puzzlement at what Conor said, though, then spoke. "A long time from now, huh. I got a lot to do before then. Aunt Bris...she's a good wolf too. You both are. You take care of the entire pack like we're your family..even those of us who aren't your blood family" He said in realization. "You're like...a big mother and father to the pack"

<style>
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.gideon-thuper-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+ blabla weird reply <3 sorry for the wait

Gideon’s words did not settle well in Conor’s ears. The adult could easily sympathise with the youth’s reasoning for wishing to move out, but he invisibly reacted because he knew that the Stormbringer boy would want to take the puppies with him. He had allowed Giddy to be their guardian, but the story could have been another. He and Bris could have taken the custody for the two small puppies, but he had thought it fine because there were usually adults around. The place Gideon thought of was not far away, but the idea made him uncomfortable anyway.

”Are you sure that it would be the best for Melee and Range?” he asked, knowing that Gideon had to get used to sacrificing his own wants and needs for the sake of the children. Even if it meant less time with Nayru. Eyes danced between the children and their guardian, but he guessed he would talk with Bris about this if Giddy was definitely serious about this idea. Independence was good, but he worried about his half-siblings. Better safe than sorry, right?

The youth’s next words caused a melting sensation to spur about within his alpha’s chest. He liked the way Gideon put his words. White tipped tail waved gently on top of his own paws, and his smile seemed instantly brighter as he thought these words over. ”Dahlia is our family.” It was not as simple as that though. ”When I was born I had my entire family here. We weren’t a happy family, and my mother was exiled when Emwe and I were only a few months old. My father was cruel and did not take care of us as he should.” He did not know how obvious this had been to the rest of the pack. Something should have been done—Conor would never have allowed something like that to happen today. ”My parents never cared for me, and I’m not the only one with a sad story. Someone needs to take care of those who are lost and lonely. Bris’ past is not a happy one either. I think we try to make a difference to those who need someone to count on.”

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

"But...they like Nayru. She watches them sometimes...And I'm their daddy. So they would want to be where I am" He didn't mean immediately, of course...but couldn't Conor see? Gideon wouldn't move if Conor didn't think that it was good..but he didn't see how being with him a little ways away from the mansion would be a bad thing for them. "They'll be leaving the den soon and exploring everywhere. And I'm almost an adult in the pack. I don't want to move like...tomorrow, Conor. But sometime in the next few months. I can't live in the mansion like a pup forever."

Conor's story was unique. He'd once had his entire family here...but now he was the only one left? Gideon didn't know. The pups had the same last name as Conor...so there had to be some connection. He only wished he knew more about their actual parents, so that he would be able to tell them who their mom and dad were when they were older. He was their dad, of course, but...he wondered if they would ask questions about their original parents.

"I understand. My father did come back..but I stayed here anyway. I'm glad that I did...because if I hadn't, I wouldn't have found Melee and Range. They would have burned up. Do you think we will ever find out who their parents are, Conor?" He asked. "Maybe it's better if they don't know. It seems like every wolf has a bunch of secrets they don't want everyone else to know. I don't want to keep secrets from them if they want to know later."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

And I made you wait again.

Lilac peered to the youth before him, taking in the reaction in the other. It was true that Gideon held custody for the two children, but age and maturity did matter here. Gideon was nothing short of amazing in most aspects, but it was hard to trust children that he was positive shared his blood to a young stranger that was barely anything short of a child himself still. It was right for Gideon to seek solitude. His words were correct—he couldn’t live in the mansion forever. ”I know that you are no longer a child, but you’re still young, Gideon. I’m only thinking of what would be best for these children,” the young alpha breathed, more or less repeating himself. ”I do not mean to doubt you, but I will not be dishonest and say that I’m comfortable with the thought.” The Stormbringer male was old enough to handle honesty, even when it was not as pleasant as he would like.

More words flowed, partly in response to the piece of truth the alpha had dared to share with the dark boy. It was a difficult subject to enter, whether or not to tell the children about how they arrived here. Conor personally supported the option of being open and honest when the children reached the right age. There was no way to say for certain, of course, but Conor believed he knew the children’s biological sire. Who else could it be.. ”I think their father is Haku Soul.” These words were stated simply, and he tried to keep emotion from pouring through his voice. Why else would a mother be willing to let her children be eaten by flame? ”Maybe it would be best to keep the truth from them, but I believe that when the time comes they deserve answers.”

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]