O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells!
[html]

OOC: Hope this is ok! XD LET THE DRAMA COMMENCE!
WC: 405

It was an absolutely perfect autumn morning, but Bris couldn't enjoy it. She'd spent the past five days in near complete solitude, aside from the feeding times with Melee and Range and the corresponding visits with her nephew. She'd even spent one very long, very hard night alone outside of Dahlia, trying to get her head screwed on straight. Bris was still no closer to an answer. She had to tell Conor the news, he deserved to know, no matter what the outcome would be, but how? The tawny male had been practically avoiding her ever since that now-regretted day. They shared a home, yet the white jager barely saw anything of the leader she'd come to love as of late. She didn't even know if he was still wearing the necklace.

Bris had never thought she'd come to regret that incredible picnic on the island. Yet here she was, almost three weeks hence, and regret hung heavy in her heart. She'd known Conor needed to take things slowly. She should have stopped him, should have been the mature one, should have prevented the heat of the day from taking the pair that one step too far. At first, she'd been on cloud nine. The day with Conor had been the woman's first time, and it had been every bit as magical and incredible as she'd hoped it could possibly be. She'd thought Conor had been just as happy as she, but apparently she'd been wrong. The dream they'd shared together had quickly spiraled into a nightmare of awkwardness and confusion, and there'd been nothing Bris could seemingly do to get the magic back again. It left the woman wondering just what exactly she'd done so wrong.

Bris was hardly ready for what she was about to do, but it had to be done regardless. Songbirds sang their sunrise songs outside in the back garden of the Victorian, but the shewolf's ears were practically deaf to them. She sighed heavily as she made her way up the stairs to Conor's door. Her feet paused just before it, even though she knew his door was never technically closed to her. At least, it had never been before. Bris wasn't so sure anymore. Chewing her lips as she swallowed her heart back down out of her throat, she closed her eyes tightly and reach out a hand to knock, scared to death of what would happen next.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]
[html]

--

He did not really know who or what he should blame. Most of all he sat alone with the burning guilt, fearing what lay ahead in the future that just continued to approach him. It was a sorry situation for him and the snow kissed Stormbringer, but it was as if he was caught in a vicious circle that refused to let him go. In the end his entire reaction was foolish, but he had not planned for this to happen. Alcohol was a deceitful substance, but he could not and would not use that as an excuse for what had happened on Dahlia’s one and only isle. It had in truth been beautiful and filled him with awe at the striking beauty of love, but he had fallen deep and the burden of fear and quickly forming guilt kept him off his feet. He didn’t know what made him feel this way, but perhaps it was the inane fear for his father that had brought forth this reaction within him.

He was so afraid that he had hurt her, perhaps in such a degree that he failed to see how he was hurting the poor female now. Now she was standing by his door and he knew that he could not avoid her any longer. He should apologize, but continued to feel lost, more or less. Broken things could be fixed, and he should at least give himself a chance to make up for what had happened. He had not hated it—far from it, but it seemed he was not as strong as he had believed himself to be.He did not mean to hurt her, but it was a tide of a reaction drowning out reason. It was wrong to run from her, for all he wanted to be was close, close to her. He opened the door slowly, but as his lavender eyes fell on the woman’s pale features he felt the sick insecurity hit him in his face regardless of his will to man up. ”Hey, Bris,” he spoke silently, attempting to dress his face with a smile.

<style>
.conor-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conor-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conor-z91 b {color:#E3B7EA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Ok, let's kick this off again!
WC: 321

Time passed slowly as Bris stood before her beloved's door. The lump in her throat kept rising every time she swallowed it back down, and her stomach was doing flip-flops. It had to be her nerves, because although the woman knew by now that she was pregnant, she also knew it was far too soon to feel anything pertaining to it. She rang her hands together as she waited, chewing her lip in her characteristic habit indicative of either deep thought or anxiety.

It was probably a far shorter length of time than it felt before Conor finally answered Bris' knock. She could hear his footsteps approaching, and she very nearly had to audibly tell her feet to remain in place. She wanted to run from him, something Bris had never thought she'd ever feel in regards to the man she'd come to love. Yet here she was, frozen in place before his door, fighting herself to remain when all she wanted to do at the sound of Conor's approach was to run away and never show her face again.

It was silly, really. Bris may have ruined things between herself and the Dahlian alpha, but it didn't change her heart. She still loved the male, and she still loved Dahlia de Mai. She'd simply have to deal with raising her children alone and reforging the life she'd made for herself in Conor's pack. Bris hardly thought the male would ask her to leave the lands, no matter how awkward things had grown between them, but she would follow his wishes respectfully if that's what it turned out he wanted from her.

Bris swallowed the lump in her throat one last time as the footsteps stopped, steeling herself as the door finally opened, revealing the handsome yet troubled face of the one she loved. "Hey, Conor. I uh, I need to talk to you. Are you busy? It's sort of...important..."

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]
[html]

300+

Conor was struggling as well, but little did he know that everything was about to change. What had happened was not really a bad thing at all, but he had lost control and now he feared that the whole puzzle piece was ruined. One could not plan out everything to perfection in this life—Conor knew this more than anyone, but he couldn’t let go of the fear that had infested him completely and utterly. Going into a proper relationship would eventually force him with the decision whether or not to have a family of his own. He had been happy with things the way they were, but he knew that Bris was a maternal person. She would never try to force him into something, but things were not simple. This was too complicated and too fragile for him to deal with successfully.

He too struggled with the lump in her throat as he watched her lovely bi-coloured gaze. She was not all right—seemed concerned, worried.. Cinnamon tipped ears leaned backwards in quiet distress of having to deal with her like this, but there was no way he could turn her away. A small nod was given as he acknowledged that she wished to speak to him. He could always do that, it was not as if she was some sort of stranger. He would just have to try to act naturally. The Stormbringer female was his pack member and as Dahlia’s only leader he would have to be here for all of them. Especially her, even if she failed to see it. These were his issues and only his. ”What is it?” He wondered, forcing his voice to remain normal and relaxed even though his nerves were not. He stepped back so that she could enter the room and gesticulated towards the bed; an offer for her to sit down if this was going to be a lengthy conversation.

He wished he knew how to apologize for what he had done to her.

<style>
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Ok, let's kick this off again!
WC: 568

He didn't turn her away, but Bris forced down the desperate feeling of hope that swelled in her heart at his answer. Of course, she couldn't help that plaintive little voice. Bris wanted things to go back to the way they'd been between her and Conor, but she'd already convinced herself that it would never happen. Gone were the days of ease and comfortable joy between them, replaced instead with the cold emptiness of knowing something had gone terribly wrong. Bris blamed herself regardless of what had truly happened, and her head was still trying to convince her heart that the damage she'd done was irreparable.

"Thanks." The white Stormbringer forced a wan smile as she took the male's invitation to enter. Her heart swelled as she walked toward the bed; the entire room held Conor's earthy scent, and she forced down a flashback to the loving day they'd spent on Dahlia's island. It had been a beautiful, perfect day, and they had filled it with the scents and sounds of their lovemaking, blurring the lines between them. It should have been a wonderful memory, but now the only feeling that accompanied the image was one of melancholy and longing.

Bris held her mask fairly well as she took a graceful seat on Conor's comfortable bed. She hooked one leg beneath her, mindful of jostling her abdomen now even though it was far too early to do any damage from everyday movement. Everything had changed in the day she'd shared with Conor, but even more had changed when the woman had realized what had come from it. She had no idea if anyone else had noticed how her mannerisms had changed, but Bris was innately aware herself that they had. Words flew through Bris' mind as she waited for Conor to sit with her. There were a thousand ways she could tell him what she needed to, but the Stormbringer knew that no matter how the words sounded, they would probably cut the male like a knife. It was painfully obvious that the alpha had come to regret their loving tryst; how on earth would it feel to learn that that tryst had resulted in a pregnancy?

Bris took a deep breath as she finally decided to just take a leap. Putting it off wouldn't make it any easier, and besides, she was a big girl. The shewolf just prayed she was strong enough to cope with whatever the revelation brought with it. Bris' mismatched gaze met Conor's of gentle lilac, and she fought with all her might to keep the tears she wanted to cry from falling. Her eyes grew glassy, but she was stubborn enough to keep the hot tears from falling. "Conor, I'm sorry. I never should have pushed you as far as I did. I knew you wanted to take things more slowly, and I stupidly just plowed headlong into everything. I realize now it was my mistake, and I'm so, so sorry. I know things will probably never be the same...I just wanted to ask for forgiveness." Her gaze had shifted with her apology. Bris had been unable to keep her eyes locked with Conor's and she'd dropped her eyes to her folded hands in her lap. "And I needed to tell you...Conor, I'm pregnant." She'd fought the tears successfully until now, but as she mouthed the confession, they finally fell.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]
[html]

300+

She settled on his bed and he slowly followed, though remained standing. Something was very, very wrong. She could see it in the mismatched colours in her eyes. A slick layer revealed that she was actually quite upset, and the turmoil grew within his inner walls as well. There was dread to be found at the pit of his stomach, and his lavender could not manage to hold on to the calm for once. Her eyes turned watery and he felt the lump start to block out fresh air from being drawn to his lungs. He wanted to hold her and protect her from those who wanted to hurt her, but he couldn’t protect her from himself. He had a terrible feeling that this had something to do with him; the two of them.

The male’s jaws parted in refusal of her words as she seemed to blame herself for everything that had happened. Yet he remained silent, for he did not know what he could say. Nothing was right at the moment, and it hurt him so much more to see that this had given fuel to the unhappiness between them. His lips spoke her name, but there was no air to produce sound with. The male was about to shake her head at her apology when she decided to drop the bomb. Oh, and what a terrible massacre it caused within him. It was probably true to say that his heart skipped a beat or two. Then, a world of renewed misery washed over him and tossed him into the depths of an untamed sea. No. It could not be.

How was it that it felt that his entire existence had fallen apart? For a moment or two the male must have seemed untouched by the woman’s news, but the change in him settled, slowly as with the oncoming earthquake rolling across the landmasses. ”No,” he said, as if that single word had the power to undo everything that was wrong in the world. She couldn’t be pregnant. It was impossible.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

OOC: =O
WC: 343

Time stood still briefly after the words had left her mouth. Bris was biting her lip, this time painfully hard. Maybe it was a physical response to her inner desire to make the words untrue, and maybe it was just her way of reminding herself that everything was real. Because yes, it was real: very, very real. To be honest, Bris wasn't even sure what kind of reaction she was supposed to expect from the father of her unborn children. Would he be angry? Sad? Crushed? Or would be as happy as the woman's heart longed for him to be?

Of course, that faint hope was far too much to expect. Bris' tears had begun to fall silently with her words, but Conor's single-worded reaction caused them to spill over without control. They were still silent in their falling, but she could no longer bar them behind the crumbling dam of her will. "If you...if you don't want to be involved, it's ok Conor. This whole thing is my fault anyway, and I can handle it on my own." As she spoke, Bris felt her stomach settle into a ball of iron, and she forced her breathing to slow, her stubbornness taking over as she brought her feelings under a semblance of control. Inwardly, she was absolutely falling apart. But outwardly, her tears began to slow, and her sorrow-filled eyes hardened with cold resolution.

"I know I ruined everything Conor, but you had to know. If you...want me to leave Dahlia...I will. I'll understand..." She was praying that he'd deny wanting her to leave, but she crushed that hope with a now-iron mental fist. Conor's reaction of shattered denial solidified all the woman's fears, and she would have to be strong. The childlike, hopeful part of her heart began to wall itself away, and she clenched her teeth as she dammed up the final flow of her tears and got a hold of her composure. Whatever the consequences of her erroneous actions with her beloved, she'd face them with dignity.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]
[html]

300+

He felt nauseous; felt like swaying where he stood, but he was frozen to the spot, staring at the woman in hopeless disbelief. He’s liked to have shouted how this could have happened, but he knew very well how the story went. He had destroyed everything. There couldn’t be any way back after this. Perhaps he would have remained an immovable statue if the woman had not drawn in another breath and allowed her voice to rise again. He could see the tears travelling down her beautiful face, but there was nothing he could do. It was strange that his own eyes remained dry, for he knew this to be the worst moment of his life.

Blaming herself still, and the male too wished to blame her; to lash out on her and demand why she was doing this to him. It would have so easy to push all the blame and guilt over to her. ”God, why do you always have to—“ He started, though forced his mouth shut before the rest of the sentence had escaped from his strangled throat. He knew he was just as guilty as her, if not more. Had it not been he that had convinced her to come with her to the goddamn isle? He couldn’t deal with her apologetic behaviour. Not that way. Did he want her to leave Dahlia?

Conor was terribly hurt by her words, it seemed the woman did not know him as well as he had thought she had. The same went for him, both regarding her and himself. His hands rose to the sides of his head and fingers buried deep in chocolate and cinnamon mane. His pulse was overloading his system with new-born adrenaline. It was terrible, and he couldn’t think. ”I wouldn’t..” What in the world could he say or do to make things better? There was no light at the end of this tunnel.

Lavender had fled from her bi-coloured gaze, but attempted to establish a connection again. His hands fell and he stepped closer to the woman that he loved. ”In the hospital,” he said, thoughts rushing as he sought for alternative solutions. ”I have remedies—we can fix this.” His supply of old human medicine was becoming rather impressive, and there were things there that could destroy the seeds of life growing within her womb. A few of the right tablets and it would all go away. Was it not possible for a luperci to force on a miscarriage if she shifted between her forms? It was little more than a theory. ”There are several ways to end a pregnancy—“ he continued, voice rushing in a similar speed as the damn adrenaline he was drowning in from within.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]

WC: 525

Despite the fist she held crushingly around her tiny little spark of hope, it burned still. She knew this because she felt it flare up as Conor started to speak in denial of her offer to leave Dahlia. For a moment, she felt a little of the weight on her shoulders lift. He didn't want her to leave? Maybe...maybe there really was still hope that they could make this right. Maybe he would still love her, maybe he would come to look at this unplanned development as a blessing, rather than the curse it now seemed to be.

Bris swallowed her heart down in earnest as the male came closer. Hope was starting to swell in her heart, yet it was quickly replaced by confusion as her beloved spoke. What was he getting at? "Remedies? Conor, what do you mean?" The Stormbringer wanted more than anything in the world to fix what had happened between her and the Dahlian alpha, but she narrowed her mismatched eyes as her confusion grew.

With his next words, Bris understood. She nearly gasped in disbelief, and her confusion suddenly turned to hurt and fury. He wanted to end it? He wanted to kill the pups she carried? Her eyes quickly sparking a fire of rage, Bris rose from the bed to confront her lover. "How dare you?? After all the orphans you've taken into Dahlia, after all the killing you've seen in your short life?! You want to destroy our unborn pups before they even have a chance at life? It's not their fault that we made a mistake! It's not their fault we made them! Just like it wasn't my fault my mother was raped! My brothers and I weren't wanted, we weren't planned. We were the result of one of the worst acts any wolf could ever do, and yet my mother refused to end her pregnancy like the rest of the pack wanted. I wouldn't be here today if she'd gone through with their wishes. And you know what? Sometimes I wish she had. But I will not make our children suffer for our sins. If you don't want to be a part of their lives, I understand that Conor. But I will NOT give them up we're afraid. I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. And I can't believe you'd even suggest it." It had been a long time since Bris had felt fury such as this, and her heated words were emphasized by her hard, fiery glare. The hurt and rage caused by Conor's idea, fueled by simple fear and regret, spiraled and twisted within the white woman. Her fists were clenched hard enough to draw tiny droplets of blood as her claws scraped her pads, but she felt nothing of it. Unable to form her feelings into more words, Bris felt her eyes spilling over again, her tears of anger and shame burning as they fell down her cheeks. Her heart breaking, the woman finally turned and walked out of the room, forcing herself not to look back, and stubbornly keeping her head up as she left her beloved behind her.

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]
[html]

--

Rage turned liquid into something solid in mismatched eyes. At her first fiery words he was surprised—seemed taken aback by her sudden ferociousness. Eyes widened in automatic response, though slowly slimmed down to two dark purple slits. Now his insides boiled as well. It was her right to keep them, but his resentment for that choice scotched him like nothing else had. His own fingers curled into angry fists, trembling slightly as her infuriated speech drew close to its end. His heart punched against the inside of his chest, but he managed to remain there, taking it all in his face before she stormed past him and out of the door.

He turned to follow her marching form, and perhaps it looked like he was about to reach out and stop her. That was not the case, however. Moments after the persistent woman had abandoned the room he slammed the door shut, hard enough to make the hinges scream and tremble. His composed mask broke as he faced the closed door. Inappropriate words flowed through his mind, but the wall of exposed teeth held words out. Nothing good could come out of shit tossing. ”You don’t understand,” he eventually breathed against worn wood. She couldn’t possibly understand his reasons. She never would.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]