grass is greener
[html]
ooc;; for lolita, and perhaps her puppies, if she so chooses! 10.10.10

Saul had been living in Dahlia de Mai for five days now and he had not spotted his favourite brother anywhere. Gideon seemed to have evaded him and Saul was frustrated about not seeing him again. Although he was never a restless soul, the young Stormbringer was beginning to worry about his darker brother. His aunt Bris seemed unconcerned, that Gideon would show up when he wanted to. And so there was very little for Saul to do but build his strength up, put some fat on his bones before he disappeared and explore his home. He had found Ascher, much to both of their shock and delight. Laying in Flanders Field, gazing at the chapel and hiding amoungst the graves, his scaredy brother had sought him out. He had been overjoyed to see his brother, jumping on him and covering him with kisses. But there was only so much his little brother would have taken, so in the end Saul was forced to back off. He had visited the neutral terratories once- that being yesterday. He had not liked it all that much and had returned to Dahlia with a sense of rightness at being here.

His attention today was drawn to the vineyard. He had not seen it yet and the wild growing vines were fascinating. Autumn had bought on the fat ripe grapes, left to their own devices after so many years of being untendered by mankind. His green eyes were wide as he first entered the fields of wooden structures, fat and heavy with the crop they bared. Saul had never seen a grape before, but they looked delicious. Jumping and stretching his back, the young male managed to snap a few in his jaws. The first few- caught between his fangs- burst and squirted juice all over his creamy muzzle. He was stained purple, his tongue taking on the same hue. They tasted good and they were still ripe- there was little rick of the pup getting intoxicated from the rotting fruit. They hadnt begun to decompose yet, so he was safe. A hiccup bought on a soubt bought of giggling, his carefree nature slipping through. He was happy now, a grin plastered all over his blue-stained mouth. Guilty as charged.

Despite being dangerously thin and brittle at the moment, Saul began to run and jump, snapping the occasional fat grape from its holding. He was enjoying himself, leaping from paw to paw and laughing when he stumbled. Wolf scents were everywhere- Saul knew he was safe in these yards. For a moment, he was airborne leaping so high in the air that his slightly crooked left ear flapped up and was visible for a split second over the wooden frames. He crashed then, head slamming into the ground. He landed with an oomph, rump hanging up in the air. He rolled onto his back, legs curled in the air.

word count;; 485

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

300+

The sanctity of her vineyards had been breached, as evidenced by the loud thuds coming from somewhere. Lolita could not focus on these things, though, for she could not seem to find Magnolia anywhere. They had been outside and enjoying the day, and somehow, the grey girl had wandered off without being noticed. The creamy mother had questioned both Poppy and Foxglove, but neither had seen her leave their small area, much to Lolita’s dismay. Panic was beginning to rise within her and it was a feeling she hated. She refused to lose another one of her children, absolutely refused to. It was hard enough knowing that two had died so early on in their lives. She would not allow Magnolia to be gone now. She was too loved.

While the mother was looking to and fro for her daughter with Poppy and Foxglove in her arms, the light grey puppy was wandering farther and farther away from their large Victorian house, slipping underneath the fence with a sloppy grin on her young face. She was only about two weeks old, but that did not mean she couldn’t wander away! It was slow going, but she was excited. Soon she came across someone else, a stranger who was being loud. “Who’s you?” she asked loudly, struggling to keep herself standing. She was far too young to be wandering, and how it had happened, no one had the faintest idea.

Lolita was moving quickly and she soon found the young girl, scooping Magnolia into her arms quickly, both out of fear for her being gone and for the stranger’s presence. Poppy and Foxglove squirmed against the added pressure of their sister in their mother’s arms as well, but the creamy woman ignored this for a moment. The young stranger had the Dahlian scent, but it was not strong. He was a new member, perhaps. “Who are you?” she asked, tone and body held tense as she unknowingly repeated her daughter’s question.

"Lolita.""Magnolia.""Poppy.""Foxglove."

<style type="text/css">
.babyducks b {font-weight:bold; color:#B1715A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.babyducks b.Magnolia {color:#9CAAB3;}
.babyducks b.Poppy {color:#60171B;}
.babyducks b.Foxglove {color:#F4F19D;}
.babyducks-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.babyducks p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.babyducks {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#FCFEFD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... uckies.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262626; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#8A7A7B; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.babyducks-line1 {width:370px; border-bottom:1px solid #8A7A7B; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; <3

Laying on his back in the middle of the vineyard, Saul allowed his imagination to wander away from reality. Clouds drifted to and fro, uncertain of the way the wind actually blew and deciding to go whever they pleased. Green eyes witnessed a fluffy tailed rabbit leap over fluffy logs and under fluffy bushes. He watched a stag trot happily across the sky, its fawns from that season playing by his hooves. A beaver made a snap at the rabbit as it slipped and nearly destroyed the fluffy dam it had been making. Several trees grew from nowhere, bringing with it a host of birds and monkeys that made the young Stormbringer giggle. A flopped paw made a half hearted attempt to bat the clouds away, knowing full well that they were too far away for him to reach. He didnt hear the stumbling pawsteps of another until the wavering voice broke through to him.

Twisting his head back the other way, still belly up, Saul saw the tiniest puppy he had ever seen in his life. From the cute, feminine voice that had asked him who he was, Saul cleverly deduced that this puppy was female. She was a light grey from head to tail, her naturally-born blue eyes just starting to darken to a green that would be very similar to Saul's own shade. She wobbled on her feet, obviously unused to using them for any periods of time. But she seemed adventurous, brave enough to escape her mother and come exploring, despite her still apparent dependency on her. Taking a deep breath, Saul tried to tell if she smelt like anyone he had met. He didnt recognise the smell, and she didnt smell like the jumbled mix of scents a pack member would- she was very new.

"I--"

He was just about to answer her question, legs waggling in the air to try and right himself when the same question came again. This one's voice was deeper, older. Green eyes collided with a tall optime form, two squirming balls already in her arms. She scooped the third, grey pup, up and squashed them together to get a better hold on them. They looked uncomfortable, but then again Saul could understand a mothers need to protect her brood. With a struggle, Saul righted himself and stood up. Grapes and the juices they produced sloshed in his belly and he almost threw up the contense before gazing up at the lady. She looked wary, and for that he was mildly confused. Yes, she wanted to keep her babies safe, but he was a pack member. It was only then that he remembered that it was only his fifth day in Dahlia- he wouldnt have that collective smell of wolves any more than her children did. Dipping his head politely, Saul began again.

"I'm sorry to startle you, miss. My name is Saul Stormbringer, Bris's nephew. I only just got back... I was lost not long ago."

He explained simply, hoping to cover the fact that he didnt smell all that well of Dahlia. His let his whip-like tail shift back and forward, a tentative smile on his muzzle. Despite his wagging tail, his ears flickered back and he lowered himself into a laying position once more, belly down this time. He was showing simple signs of submission, easily read by someone of her rank.

word count;; 565

"speech"
[/html]
[html]

I apologize sincerely for the wait - I got the flu and just completely neglected Lolita here. The wait won't be as bad next time, I promise. I am soooo sorry. D: 300+

Magnolia was very obviously outraged by being scooped up by her mother and she began wriggling desperately, pushing violently against her sisters. Lolita sighed, lowering her body to kneel on the ground and allowing the three girls to stand unsteadily on the grass in front of her. Of course Magnolia immediately scampered forward to sniff at the stranger in the grass, but Poppy remained close to her mother’s lap affectionately, and Foxglove stood warily to Lolita’s side. The creamy woman remained kneeling on the ground as the stranger righted himself and stood to face her, noting the nearly laughable mess of his face. “You will want to be careful, too many grapes will upset your stomach terribly,” she said, tone cautioning, and then she quieted herself to listen to him speak.

Lolita had never heard of Saul before, though she knew Bris only slightly. It had been the white woman that she had worked with to put out the fire after the attack from Inferni, alongside the alpha and his brother, as well as maybe a few others. She did not know her personally, but she couldn’t find fault in her from their brief encounters in the past. A bemused smile crossed her face at his submission; it was not needed, but admittedly, Lolita was impressed. “I am sorry for not being so friendly, Saul, it’s nice to meet you. I get wary of strangers so close to my home, what with these three being just shy of three weeks old,” she explained.

As the small gray girl was investigating the young boy, Lolita introduced her first, saying, “The one investigating you is Magnolia.” The girl’s head lifted quickly to look at her mother, who nodded that it was okay. “We should play something! What games do you know?” She then lowered her chest to the ground with her rump in the air, swiping out to hopefully bat at his paw. “This is Poppy, and this is Foxglove,” she then said, indicating each girl in turn. “How long have you been back?” The creamy woman was being much more friendly now that she knew who he was, and she was much more at ease with his proximity.

<style type="text/css">
.babyducks-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.babyducks {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#FCFEFD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... uckies.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262626; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#8A7A7B; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.babyducks-line1 {width:370px; border-bottom:1px solid #8A7A7B; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; Its fiiine Meg!! No worries dear!

Saul read the disappointment on the tiny grey puppies face as she was scooped up by her mother. He chuckled softly to himself, his belly still uneasy from the consumption of grapes. It was his first exposure to the food and he didnt quite know what to think of it. They tasted good, but a few had been a little squishy to bite into and their taste had been darker, deeper even. Her words echoed in his ears and he gave a large grapey grin up towards her. She was right about that, but it may have already been a little too late for him. His stomach gave a heave and he took a deep breath to try and settle it. Once he was sure he wasn't going to splatter the contents of his stomach all over the grass he spoke.

"I think it might be a little too late for that... Perhaps next time I'll learn some caution!"

For a six month old, Saul spoke with articulation and consideration. Green eyes watched with amusement as the small grey puppy tried to get down and her mother gave in, kneeling and setting her free. She zoomed straight towards him and from his laying position Saul was covered in short snuffling prods to his face and legs. He gave a laugh, bringing his paw up to gently push over the young female. She didnt seem to like it all that much and lept up to sniff him again. He would have pushed her gently back over again but her mother spoke and he snapped his head back up to look at her. He smiled at her, his developing puppy brain grasping what she meant. He dipped his head once, earning himself a lick on the nose by the grey puppy.

"I understand Miss --? I spent a while as a loner and it taught me to be wary of those I don't know... even without small pups with me!"

He replied and was rewarded by another lick on the tongue by the small grey puppy. He laughed softly, giving the young one a soft lick on the forehead before she was introduced. Magnolia, Poppy and Foxglove. Green eyes caught hold of the small forms of the two less adventurous puppies that hung close to their mothers side. The red and white one and the pale cream one. While the red one, Poppy, sat on her mothers lap, the cream one, Foxglove, stood by her side as if still wary. His attention was distracted however by the small voice of Magnolia, who had asked him to play. Green eyes lit up as she dropped down into the age-old symbol for play. He leapt to his feet, gentle paw just touching the little grey female's side in an attempt to push her down.

"I know allll the games!"

He teased with a soft chuckle on his lips. She was lively and eager and Saul was more than happy to play with her. He waited for her to make the first move however so she could decide what game to play.

word count;; 517

"speech"
[/html]
[html]

My next post will nooooot take this long. >.< I have been dead for Lolita lately, not sure how to get it back. =/

Lolita watched her ramnbuctious daughter as she inspected the stranger, who was not quite a stranger any longer, but her attention was caught by the questioning way he addressed her. "I am Lolita Monroe. My apologies," she replied. The Monroe matriarch had thought she had introduced herself, but it seemed that she had skipped over that part without realizing it. A lot had been going on in her life as of late, so she supposed that it was acceptable, at least in her own eyes, that she would forget something like introducing herself.

"Poppy, Foxglove, come play with me and Saul!" Magnolia shouted excitedly, her tail wagging. "Please show us a game, mister Saul!" Poppy looked up at her mother uncertainly. She loved her mother so dearly; she wasn't sure if she really wanted to go and play with her sister and the older pup, though her mother nudged her towards them. "Go play, Poppy, and you too, Foxglove," she said gently. "Okay, momma!" the little red and white girl agreed, and with Foxglove tagging after her warily, she hopped to where her sister was wagging her tail excitedly, waiting for Saul to tell them what game they would be playing.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; <33 well if you just want a spree thread sometime, I would be more than happy to help out! ^^

Saul was a little preoccupied as Magnolia sniffed at him, the occasional nip of her toothless gums making him laugh. She was still very young and although a few milk teeth appeared to have wormed their way down her mouth was still harmless to everyone, including her mother. Cinnamon ears flicked forward to catch the mother's words and a smile graced his lips. Lolita, it appeared, was the womans name. He liked to know names when he met someone new, not only for if he saw them again but also in his mind. They were always categorized by gender, appearance or profession in his mind until they had a name. Tail flicked once back and forth a green eyes glanced up at Lolita.

"Its nice to meet you Lolita. You have three very beautiful daughters..."

He told her sincerly. It was at times like these, and with words such as those that Saul sounded much older than he actually was. However, his attention was not held with Lolita for long as the little grey female hollered at her sisters to come and play. She then turned back to him and asked him ever so politely to play a game with them. He nodded softly, cinnamon ears swirling back and forth as a conversation occured between the red and white female and her mother. He remembered her name was Poppy just before her mother spoke her name, and then was reminded of the very quiet lighter one- Foxglove. She seemed very timid, that was for sure. Now that all three girls were assembled in front of him he wondered what he was going to play with them. They needed to be all in one place- they were still too young to be out and about on their own. So hide and seek was certainly out of the question... Or was it? They could hide in this area, surely.

"What about hide and seek? I'll count and you girls go and hide. I'll come and find you!"

He dropped his voice for dramatic effect. Dragging his grape-filled body up from the floor, Saul trotted a few yards away and drew a large line in the dust of the vinyard. He proceeded to draw three other, making a box around their small group. Looking each girl in the eye, he told them they were not allowed to cross this line, else Mommy and Saul would be upset with them. Once warned, he gave a soft grin and began to count very slowly, keeping his eyes tightly shut as he listened for their scampering paws on the dusty path. He was doing alright for an almost stranger.

word count;; 443

"speech"
[/html]
[html]

I may take you up on that sometime!

Lolita smiled fondly at the three girls at Saul's compliment. He did have a point there, they were indeed beautiful. They had been entirely unexpected, and Lolita could still hardly believed she had been able to have puppies, but she was glad for them. "Thank you," she said, watching him as he interacted with the girls. She settled herself down on the ground, crossing her legs over one another with her elbows resting on her knees to watch them play. The flamboyant woman enjoyed watching them play with another puppy, even if he was older than they were.

Some mothers might feel concern for her children to play hide and seek for the potential to get lost, but the thought did not truly occur to Lolita until after Saul had given them their instructions and they had scampered off with a short chorus of "You won't find us!" Poppy was the first one to find somewhere to hide, settling in behind one of the fence posts. Foxglove ducked behind a large tuft of grass and a cluster of low-hanging vines. Magnolia took the longest, finally settling on hiding behind a large stone. Lolita watched them, seeing them all grow antsy with excitement as Saul counted. She enjoyed watching them be so lively.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; well you just give me a shout when/if you want to go and I'll be happy to oblige!

Cinnamon backed ears caught Lolita's murmered thank you and he turned to flash a grin in her direction. He just caught her adjusting to sitting on the ground before the chorus of voices dragged his attention back to the three little girls in front of him. He gave a chuckle as he heard them scamper off in different directions. From the short amount of time it took them all to find hiding places Saul was fairly certain they had stayed within the box he had drawn for them. Squeezing his eyes shut once more he counted to twenty, deeming it necessary enough for them to settle down and stay in their hiding places. Springing forward as his eyes opened Saul pretended to gaze around in wonder at the apparent disappearance of the three girls.

"Ready or not, here I come..."

Saul shouted and with a laugh trotted forward to sniff around the vines closest to him. Keen scenting abilities in the young boy had already located two of the three girls, but he didnt fancy ending the game that quickly.
However, he was going to find Poppy no matter what. On his way around her scent became too strong for him to ignore. With a laugh and a chuckle Saul pounced behind the fence post the rustic female was hiding behind and nudged her out of her hiding place. Placing her back in the open air Saul nuzzled her softly before looking down into generic blue eyes.

"Look who I found!"

He exclaimed with an excited yip to the young girl. From there he made a beeline for an overturned flower pot that would have been the most obvious hiding place for him. However as he jumped around the catch the next Monroe daughter out he was surprised to see that neither Magnolia or Foxglove had chosen this hiding place. Saul pouted as he came back around and glanced towards Lolita. The wagging tail of the palest Monroe daughter gave her hiding place away. With silent steps Saul crept up on Foxglove. Once he was close enough he jumped up and shouted 'Boo' in Foxglove's direction. He had found two of the three girls now and with a quick glance around he couldnt see the grey girl that had first found him.

"Magnolia... where aaaare you?"

He called before stalking around the box he had created. He scented her out behind a large stone and as with the other two girls he crept up and jumped out at her. With a laugh he nudged them back into the presence of their mother before looking to the pale woman for further instruction. Maybe her daughters would take the lead though, he didnt know.

word count;; 452

"speech"
[/html]