Where the ocean bleeds into the sky
[html]

For Aurora~

Oran crouched low between the roots of two trees, pressed as tightly as he could to the trunk. It was dark here; dark and damp. He had the feeling he wasn't used to this climate, and that could, possibly, be the reason he was so edgy here; the air was too cold, too fresh. It was like a cave, he thought; he didn't know why it was like a cave, or how he knew what a cave was when he'd never been near one before. Perhaps it was the tree at his back, and the trees before him and around him, closing in and leaving him near-gasping with the lack of air. Too cold; too fresh.

It could also be that there was someone in the tree across from him. Oran couldn't see them; he couldn't even smell them. But he could feel them watching him, knew they were there with every fiber of his being. He glared at it, wondering what they wanted, why they were following him; who'd sent them. What would the best course of action be? Run or attack? He was already hiding, and still they watched him--mocked him. They were probably laughing at him.

Oran couldn't be sure. He had no idea who they were; what they were, even. So he crouched, and he waited for them to make the first move, having an imaginary staring contest with air.

<style>
.oran-z28 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.oran-z28 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.oran-z28 b {color:#E7E7E7; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.oran-z28 {background-color:#191919; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/oran.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E7E7E7; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A4A4A4; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.oran-z28-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Nice job Oran! Big Grin I love your description here. Smile This would take place for Aura after her conversation with Ayita and Kemo! :O Aura is a busy little girl now isn't she? Big Grin lol. WC: 384

What the hell am I supposed to do with this guy? She thought to herself. After dealing with Ayita, who was apprently in the higher parts of her pack, and Kemo, who was a loner, Aura didn't know what to do. Who knew? Maybe this wolf was another member of the Cour des Miracles pack. Or an outsider. Heck, Blonde, as she decided to call him temporarily, down there could have been yet another loner. This was too frustrating for her.

Aurora Cresent watched the fluffy blonde wolf from the tree tops on one of the low branches, laying down, with her head on her paws. She sighed. She didn't want to offend the poor guy if they were part of her pack so randomly jumping out of the tree and attacking him wasn't gonna work. Neither would scaring him to death. I guess I could just hop down and say hi to him, asking what's wrong and if he's lost. The wolf does look cold.

Then she paused.

Jeez, Aura. You are such a genius. Hopping down from the branch to another branch and then the ground, she chuckled to herself at her sarcastic comment. The moment her paws touched the cold forest floor, she got into position - raising her head high, tail out, and glared. Aura slowly walked towards the wolf, cautious, but on guard. Each step she took was with great care, as silent as the empty houses that used to occupy humans. You could easily see how protective she was of her pack's territory, and how loyal she was to the pack just by one single glance in her violet eyes that shone like gems. As she walked to him, her stance started to change - her posture was more relaxed, but still on guard, and her head wasn't as high, along with her ears facing forward, showing that she was friendly. A weird lupus smile formed on her snout as she stopped a few feet away from him.

"Good evening." Aura chuckled at the expression in the wolf's eyes. "And who might you be? You seem lost." Her voice was firm, yet sootheing; a tone of independence and bravery, yet gentle and kind. She took a risk by stepping closer. "Maybe I can show you your way home?"

<style>
.aurora-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.aurora-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aurora-z91 b {color:#241930; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aurora-z91 {background-color:#D8D9DA; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/aurora.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C3A9DD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#212325; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.aurora-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thanks! Yours is really descriptive too. :3

Oran's spine tensed so much it hurt as his "watcher" revealed himself, leaping down from the trees. He pressed harder against the tree, his hackles rising slightly though he did his best to look unaffected by the white wolf's approach. As they came nearer, he noticed "they" had sent a girl, and snorted softly to himself before she was close enough to hear him. What did they think he was, a pup? He could take a girl. Or maybe they thought he wouldn't attack her because she was a girl. Well, he would show them, the morons.

He'd barely noticed her posture, but by the time he did it was relaxed, no longer superior in stance. He probably would have attacked if he'd seen it, if only to show dominance and flee. It wouldn't do any good, anyway; they always sent more...

Oran's ears snapped up and he gave her a quick, almost unnoticeable glare before forcing himself into a relaxed, easy pose. Home. Back to them, whoever they were, most likely to his execution. She didn't need to know the very word disgusted him. I'm fine right here, babe. He gave her a confidant grin, knowing she wouldn't see the slight tremors that ran through his spine as he wondered what came next. They'd sent this girl, most likely to entice; what was next? Force?

He shuddered at the thought of what they might do to him if they had to resort to that.

walk the walk talk the talk think the thought

<style>
.rocky-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.rocky-a01 p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.rocky-a01 b {color:#6D7D90; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #A8D6EF;}
.rocky-a01 {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7927/avatardl.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 243px 0px; border:1px solid #A8D6EF; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#6D7D90; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:13px; width:339px; text-align:justify; }
.rocky-a01-border {width:341px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.rocky-a01 .separator{width:301px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A8D6EF; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry that this post SUCKS! Sad( WC: 246

You see, at first, Aura felt like she could trust the poor guy after observing that he was relaxed based on his pose. Then, that trust and calm aura died when she sensed that he was scared, for why would he have to be scared...unless he was in the wrong territory.... Maybe even a spy. And then he just had to call her "babe", as in she was just some plaything he could jerk around with. That confident grin.... Oh it made her mad!!

She immediately barked, her ears pinned back, bareing her very sharp teeth (which you could tell got sharp from experience aka she's a great huntswoman) and showed him who she really was - someone to not mess with. Watch what you say, BABE! She looked like she was ready to kill. Then Aura noticed him shudder. A sense of pride rose into her fierce, vicious violet eyes. If you think I came to kill you, you were wrong. I only arrived when I noticed your scent, and your blood cold fear. Aura suddently felt relieved, as if growling and barking at him did her good. Her stance returned to a calm posture, and she sat down. I live to serve and protect my pack. And I would do anything to protect them. As Aurora Crensent, part of the Cour des Miracles pack, I sugguest you should go. Unless you wish to continue this conversation. Of course. She rose her head high.

<style>
.aurora-z91 {background-color:#D8D9DA; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/aurora.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C3A9DD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#212325; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.aurora-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Oh hush, you're fine. Smile

Oran's hackles rose more, and his smile dropped as she bared her fangs. Immediately he was on his feet, towering over her with his ears pressed back and his own lips pulled away from his gleaming teeth. He took a heavy step forward, rearing his head up to make himself seem bigger and looking down on her disdainfully. As she mentioned his "fear", he couldn't help throwing his head back, barking out a harsh, biting laugh. Of course he'd been apprehensive, but not afraid. More than anything he'd been angry. This chick needed to learn how to use her nose.

If you're a native, babe, He growled, as it seemed to piss her off and, for the moment at least, he lived for that, Then I have no business with you. I can use my nose well enough to know I'm nowhere near anyone's turf. Get lost; I have bigger fish to fry. He gave one last rumbling growl, as an incentive--If you don't leave me alone I'll rip you apart, he thought--before he turned away, making sure not to look at her at all as he curled up by the tree, seemingly completely at ease; you're no threat to me.

Of course he knew better than that, but she didn't know that.

<style>
.oran-z28 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.oran-z28 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.oran-z28 b {color:#E7E7E7; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.oran-z28 {background-color:#191919; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/oran.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E7E7E7; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A4A4A4; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.oran-z28-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC - This is short cus I have to go but I think that its a pretty good reply.

"Don't hold too much confidence!! Aura shouted at him. Then her tone softened, but loud enough for him to hear her. "Coward".

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thanks. :3 You know, you don't have to reply right away. You can save it for when you have time to write out more, or put "unfinished" and edit it later, if you want to.

Oran hadn't walked away; he'd been there first, after all, and this wasn't her territory. It was free, he could do what he pleased, and what he wanted was for her to leave and let him win. But that didn't seem to be happening, because she just stood there and yelled at him. He didn't care about that; her would-be advice, or threat, whatever it was meant to be, held no value to him.

But he wouldn't stand for being called a coward. Snarling, he leapt to his feet, twisting around and snapping his jaws shut very near her face, almost tempted to give her a scar or two to remember him by. Instead he gave her a cold look, lifting his head high and staring down at her with anger in every line of his body. You don't know me. He said quietly. He would have shouted, but then his voice would tremble, and she would take it for weakness; cowardice. You don't know anything about me. You are no judge of my character. Hold your tongue or I'll rip it out.

He didn't wait for an answer; Oran turned his back, unable to control the slight, angry tremors that ran through his spine. It was time for lunch.

He needed to kill something.

walk the walk talk the talk think the thought

<style>
.rocky-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.rocky-a01 p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.rocky-a01 b {color:#6D7D90; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #A8D6EF;}
.rocky-a01 {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7927/avatardl.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 243px 0px; border:1px solid #A8D6EF; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#6D7D90; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:13px; width:339px; text-align:justify; }
.rocky-a01-border {width:341px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.rocky-a01 .separator{width:301px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A8D6EF; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]