Nuri (J)
Character Name: Nuri
Character Birthdate (including year): Febuary 2006
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Yes
Species: Egyptian Jackal
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M).
Currently played characters: Primary- Nuri
How you found 'Souls: Surfing through wolf RPGs
Initial post:

Nuri stared at the coastline intently, his eyes scouring the beach for any creature that might do him harm. It was always good to be careful in new lands, lest one encounter hostility that could have easily been avoided. Confident that no one was on the beach, he began to steer the skiff landwards, his muscles straining to control it. Even after an entire year of sailing he still wasn’t used to all of the delicate intricacies needed to pilot his ship. When he had first started his voyage he had almost crashed the skiff against the shore more times than he could count.

The skiff finally beached along the rocky shore and Averaeshi let out a sigh of relief, wincing as his stomach once again cramped. He hadn’t eaten in three days, and it was beginning to show, his ribs sticking out jaggedly against his fur. He scratched his salt encrusted fur absentmindedly as he observed his surroundings, looking for any signs that the land might be occupied. Satisfied that he would not be surprised from behind, he walked further up the shore, looking for driftwood to make a fire. Night was fast approaching, and while a fire might give away his position, it would also shield him from the harsh coldness of this land.

An hour later he was finished, contentedly watching the smoke drift up towards the sky in the dying light. A shiver ran through him as the cold increased in intensity, clasping him firmly with its icy claws. Memories flicked through his mind of the vast sea of sand he had once lived on. There he had been warm all the time, and the scarcity of fur on his body had been a blessing. But here the land was cold and barren, far away from the warmth of Anubis’s love. His weariness finaly caught up to him as he began to fall asleep.
[html]

welcome to 'Souls. I'm Alli Big Grin

He was late, and so he chose to take the large stallion to help him reach his cabin more quickly. But then the Fall moon had drawn his eyes away from the path and Heath morte dre Soul had drifted to the beach rather then back to his family. It was an odd thing for him to do, and very much out of his character. But the soft call of the ocean, and the brisk wind against his chest made the moment one he wished to experience. Stark walked without protest beneath him, the quiet horse rarely having anything to say with what direction he wished to go. But t had been a fruitful wayward wander and the two rabbits that hung from his saddle spoke of his luck. Ruri would be glad to have the extra food and dismiss his tardiness.

The Marshal thought of little though his mind was heavy with happenings of his life, and his small pups that were likely snuggled closed to his mate's belly at this hour. And with this clear mind his nose brought him the scent of a distant fire, and with it he left all other ideas behind him and with a peaked curiosity he gently kicked the large horse into a trot. When the light was in view he slowed, looking to see how many figures might he sitting around it and if they were of the pack. The scent told him no, and so the male walked with caution towards the controlled blaze.

Heath was solid in his presence and his tone, though the tall gray horse made him twice his natural shifted height. Hello. he spoke in greeting to the trespassing beast that no doubt had noticed his approach. Heath kept his distance, as to not cause a fright in case he hadn't been seen, as well as to show he was not a threat.

<style type="text/css">
.heathsept04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cab89e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3E3D36; }
.heathsept04-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E3D36; text-align:center;}
.heathsept04 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathsept04 {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#916f3a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 899342.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cab89e; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E3D36; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathsept04-border1 {width:479px; border:1px solid #3a4d52; margin:0 auto;}
.heathsept04-line1 {width:447px; border-bottom:1px dotted #916f3a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
Nuri cocked his head at the approaching figure, startled at first at the size and odd shape of it. However, as it got closer the form began to coalesce into what appeared to be a fellow luperci on some form of strange creature similar but vastly different to the camels of his homeland. Nuri assumed that they weren’t out to harm him are they would have done so the instant they caught his scent. His suspicions were confirmed when the luperci called out a greeting.

Nuri responded carefully, unsure of the customs this pack may hold and not wanting to offend them lest his presence here get violent. “Hello, my name is Nuri, I am a wanderer of sorts and I have traveled very far to get here. I mean you and your pack no harm, for I assume you are with a pack, and plan only to stay here for the night so I may better grasp the surrounding landscapes and packs. If I am lucky I may even find a place to stay, of course not on your pack lands however.” Nuri gestured for the luperci to sit by the fire as continued to shield himself from the cold.
[html]

When he saw the other canine recognized his presence the coy-wolf allowed the stallion to take the next few hoof steps closer. Amber gaze looked down at the stranger, his foreign scent making the fur along his neck and back begin to rise. Heath did not find this creature a threat, his size and lean stature was not exactly menacing. But there was something in his instincts that made the present of the other male unsettling. No matter how even-natured Heath became there was still something that would keep him on edge in the company of a loner among his pack lands.

Words came forth, even in tone and respect on his tongue. That was enough to make the horse Marshal to dismount and stand beside his calm and steady companion. A light toned hand touched the creature's neck, any other connection between them apparent only in the small flick of the horse's ear, otherwise his eyes were dark and unmoving. These are Cour des Miracles lands. Heath educated him, the French word rolling of his tongue easily as it was his first language. My name is Heath morte dre Soul, and I'm the Marshal and Chancellor here. it was rare that he gave his title, but it seemed proper for this newcomer. So your only passing through? He asked with more then just one wondering in his mind. He wished for a home it seemed, but was if fear of rejection that made him weary of Cours. We do accept newcomers here. He spoke as he took a seat across the fire from the other male. It was not a full invitation into their ranks, but an opening to the notion of it.

<style type="text/css">
.heathsept04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cab89e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3E3D36; }
.heathsept04-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E3D36; text-align:center;}
.heathsept04 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathsept04 {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#916f3a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 899342.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cab89e; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E3D36; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathsept04-border1 {width:479px; border:1px solid #3a4d52; margin:0 auto;}
.heathsept04-line1 {width:447px; border-bottom:1px dotted #916f3a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
Nuri continued to sit as the luperci, who had now introduced himself as Heath, began to dismount from his horse and walk towards the fire. The titles he dispensed were foreign to Nuri’s ears but he assumed they must be of some significance if Heath was citing them. As Heath sat Nuri discerned that he was still tense, no matter how much of an air of calm he tried to put on, so it was a complete surprise when he offered him up membership into this Cours de Miracles pack. Hesitantly, Nuri asked, “This pack, it is rather large yes, so why would you need the help of a passing loner. I admit I could help hunt and protect it’s boundaries but sadly my forte lies in the art of the buying and selling of stories and the intricacies of my religion.” Again the silence settled in as Nuri quietly contemplated the benefits if he agreed to what this wolf was saying.
[html]

Heath stared through the flames, the jackal watching him all the same as he settled against the cold ground. It did not take long to get a response from Nuri, and it was not what Heath had expected exactly. The truth was that they did not need him, and Heath was the type to think such an idea was humorous. But he held back his smirk and listened to the male's talents. No, they did not seem to all be what a wolf pack might want, but Cours was a group of misfits and mongrels and could use everything one might want to give. We are large, Heath agreed, knowing that their ranks swelled while others dwindled. and we do not need your help. It is our help I am extending to you. He concluded. The coy-wolf looked at the jackal, he was lean and looked ragged from travel, it was merely and extension of hospitality not a cry for help from a well established pack But if you only wish to pass through, I will show you to the boarders. His voice was even and far from hostile. Heath knew what it was to be a loner, knew the hardships and now a pack could bring ease of mind and a deep sense of security. Perhaps this canine was not ready to settle down and choose him place, Heath would understand that as well.

<style type="text/css">

.heathjuly03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cdc1bd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathjuly03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#140f0e; text-align:center;}
.heathjuly03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.heathjuly03 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#644f4a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eath03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cdc1bd; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#140f0e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathjuly03-border1 {width:391px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.heathjuly03-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:1px solid #4b3c39; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>

[/html]
Nuri listened intensely as Heath explained what he had known all along, that although the pack did not need him they would still except him if he needed them. The question was, dwas he ready to join another pack? After another few minutes of quiet contemplation Nuri replied, "There are many other packs, yes? And yet it seems that fate has decided that I land on this packs lands. So I will trust Anpu's judgement and stay here, in this pack, if only for a little while, until I can get my feet underneath me once again. That is, if you'll except me?"
[html]

Heath did not meet many that came to the boarders but he knew what it was it took to question a newcomer. He was glad to know this male might bring to the pack, and that was enough for him. But Nuri seemed unsure, questioning perhaps if he was ready to submit to the natural rules of a pack. Heath understood that he might need a moment to question if this was what he wanted. He had thought about it for days maybe weeks, and then finally had come to join Cours but only after meeting Ruri and knowing This region is filled with pack lands, almost more then free lands. he commented, exaggerated a small amount. But in every direction there was a pack settled in any decent prey filled area.

Cour des Miracles is open to those that need a home. Your welcome to stay as long as you can live with a respect for the rest of us, and we'll do the same. It was a small task, that meant a lot to all of them. Heath was a simple beast, and if the male agreed then he would be agreeing to live within the rules that any pack would own. They were written in their genes, the other canine shouldn't have any problems. He rose from his seat and took the knife out of his pocket as he returned to Stark's side. He cut the line that the rabbits to the saddle, and brought one to his new pack mate.

<style type="text/css">
.heathglacier b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6dbe1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathglacierooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#02120f; text-align:right;}
.heathglacier p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathglacier {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#a0a7af; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 56copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d6dbe1; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#02120f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathglacier-border1 {width:345px; border:1px solid #02120f; margin:0 auto;}
.heathglacier-line1 {width:300px; border-bottom:1px solid #8a939e; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
Nuri desperately wanted to accept what this wolf was saying, but his past experiences dettered him. What if this was all a facade put on to foool naive newcomers. As unlikely as it seemed it had been done before on numerous occasions during his travel here. Something told him that this wolf was genuine in what he was saying, but how could Nuri trust anybody after going solong without even trusting himself. Maybe that was the problem, he made his decision even as Heath liftedhimself off the ground pulling out his knife. Nuri jumped back, startled, relaxing again as Heath cut off some strange looking prey from his mount.

"Yes, I think I will join this pack", Nuri whispered to himself, then so the other wolf could hear he said, "So who is the pack alpha? He must be a wolf of some character to keep so many loyal wolves by his side. How may other wolves are there exactly? I am sorry if this seems sudden but I like to know what I'm getting into."
[html]

Heath wasn't going to start to believe that joining a new pack was an easy thing to do. Sure there were others that found it the simple choice, or their only one. But Heath had found it to be almost like giving up, and finally submitting to the realization that he could not go on alone. Of course he had trusted all those that had already lived with in these borders, so the distrust that Nuri was holding did not pass through Heath's considerations. It was a loner that could not be trusted, not a pack. As Heath turned the the jackal spoke, and the coy-wolf replied with ease, We are led by a King name Vigilante. He's honest and fair and has led us for some time now. The number changes with the coming and going of some, but we can be twenty strong at any given time. He didn't mind the questions, it was good knowing that Nuri wished to understand them further before committing. With his light hued hand he handed the rabbit over to Nuri, giving a small smile as he did so.

<style type="text/css">
.heathjuly01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#73615b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathjuly01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d2927; text-align:center;}
.heathjuly01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.heathjuly01 {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#928b89; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d7d2d0; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d2927; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathjuly01-border1 {width:376px; border:1px solid #342e1f; margin:0 auto;}
.heathjuly01-line1 {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #73615b; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
Nuri listened with an intensity that might disturb other wolves. He quietly took the strange prey known as rabbit returning the smile Heath bestowed upon him before asking, “And the surrounding packs, are any of them particularly dangerous? In my experience there’s always at least one. Come to think of it, I find it strange that wolves would accept such an exotic creature as me into their midst. Indeed, you don’t even seem surprised to see me, unlike many packs down south. This allows me to infer that there are other jackals here as well, and a steady pattern of immigration of foreigners into these lands am I right?”

Nuri waited quietly, the inquisitive side in him urging him to obtain as much information from this wolf as he could before the opportunity became lost. Nuri took a bite out of his rabbit, marveling at the exotic taste that exploded in his mouth. He didn’t have rabbits in his homeland, and while he had heard of them on his journeys he’d never had the time to try one. If all the prey of this land was as fat and juicy as this maybe it would make up for this damn cold. Nuri turned back to Heath saying, “I’ll join your pack, Itwould do good to have some company in my stay of these lands.”
[html]

We should be almost done here Smile

Nuri’s question was simple to answer at the thought of the other packs. All wars had died down, and he felt that the region was a fairly safe place now. There is a peace throughout the packs. But I would not trespass thoughtlessly. as he might have done this very night. Nuri was lucky that Heath was as easy going as he was. Inferni, to the north does not favor wolves, but I do not know about your kind. We welcome everyone here, no matter the type. We have mutts and dogs and coyotes. You are nothing special.Heath said with a small smile. He did not know for sure or care what others were made of. He was coyote and wolf, at least that was what he thought he was. They were all a little mixture of one thing or another, his mate was mainly dog and Heath had never thought of her differently because of it. She was also blind and yet the keenest and kindest creature he had ever known.

Welcome then. He spoke. He moved back to his horse, the pale stallion looking on as if nothing had happened at all. I hope you settle in well, but my family will be looking for me and it is late. Perhaps I will see you again. Heath mounted the horse, bestowing no more information on the male. He thought of his puppies, and the mother that was alone with them. It was best that Nuri sought out the King, and found his place to live if he was to stay among them for longer then a few nights.

<style type="text/css">

.heathjuly03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cdc1bd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathjuly03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#140f0e; text-align:center;}
.heathjuly03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.heathjuly03 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#644f4a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eath03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cdc1bd; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#140f0e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathjuly03-border1 {width:391px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.heathjuly03-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:1px solid #4b3c39; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.