I Want a Taste..
[html]
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... tachiT.png) no-repeat center top; background-color:#bfa165; font-family: Times, Times New Roman; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; color: #000; border: 1px solid #000;" >

ooc: Kimitachi

♥ ♦ ♥ ♦ ♥

How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me?

You're the part of me that I don't wanna see...

Forget It.

OOC: Hiya! This is a recycled first post, I’m a little rusty but here I am!

IC:

The way the wind was howling now, he doubted he’d want to stay around this place much longer. His travels had driven him to this expansive shore where the branches twisted toward the sky and the seagulls gruffly cawed for forsaken glory. His whole body felt torn and exhausted. He had come to the realization that he was on the precipice of something beyond his comprehending, that his sister was probably miles away from this land and the likelihood he’d encounter her again was close to none. There was another strong burst and he listened to the cliffs howl, the haunting lullabies bubbling up through him, making him close his eyes and just wish they’d take it all, take it all away. It was freezing out here, and a blink of sunlight would be much appreciated. In his eyes the sun had invented a new type of mercy. Why was he here in this land of the damned without his sister, where the seagulls were actually too busy feasting instead of soaring because of the fattening carrion that dotted the seashore?

He was sitting way too close to the edge of this cliff, and he could only wonder that if he did jump and let his soul go to wherever it was headed, would the seagulls even find him? Would the wolves here that clambered about their perfect haven notice the sunken form on a cold, watery shore and say, “God that fellow there, what a misfortune.” Here, he could only expect the latter. ”Oh old boy, you’re so pessimistic, we should put some pep in your step ‘eh?” He let out a loud chuckle and what a sight it was to see, the black prince lit up in all his copper glory and laughing against the pale blue sky. He had to stop, let his mind resettle, but that easy-going grin was written upon his lips like the pages of a story, and beneath it his father’s hard pressed words burning his soul. Oh yes, he was tormented daily by this, but he wanted something more, something he dreaded to let anyone else see. As long as he kept to himself no one would see anyway. Hell, no one had gotten close enough to see anything burning ,brutal hate.

"Come on birdie. Sing it for me." The seagull in question let out a guttural caw, which spoke volumes that it had enough of being taunted by a deranged wolf, and flew off. Maybe he was getting delusional and it was time to turn around and figure this world out, a world not surrounded by water. Not a reflection of his inner turmoil that was this over soaked earth. The more stubborn part of his mind told his body to screw itself. He’d listen to the wind howl, let the seagulls squabble and his intelligence contradict itself for as long as it could until this twisted land claimed him. He’d be known as the wolf that died of drinking the seawater and let his skin turn to a dewy husk where he stood. They’d tell stories about him, find out his miserable tale, and then the world would know. There would be pictures and legends about his failures and his accomplishments, and he’d become their beautiful martyr and lovely statue until finally he crumpled away into nothing but bones.

Dust to dust and ashes to ashes, that's the way it goes. He was sweating bullets even though it was freezing, a sure sign that something utterly malevolent was on the prowl. If he could stay alive long enough the world would know his name, and then his sister would rush out and his search would be over. Over and over again, until his story was done. The legends would run on and on, but his true tale would end here. He would not continue to live on a planet where luck was what you survived on. He should stop thinking like this and get a drink. “Drink the sea water.” What a soothing beautiful idea. The son of a bitch thought him to be that stupid eh? Sooner or later he’d get out of here, get some real water and continue searching out this miserable hunk of earth he had stumbled upon. But for now, finding something not so perfect was a blessing in disguise.

”I’m thinking…”
"It’s time to talk about… "
Breaking Benjamin- Forget It. “DESTRUCTION.”

[/html]
[html]
astryd

Hello =)

Her coat was the white of snow, and the little flecks that covered its surface on the tips of her fur, looked like someone had dumped a bucket of ash on her and only parts of it had come off. And like the soot colour in her coat, other parts of her life failed to come clean in the wash. Where were her parents? And what about the crone? Who had she been? Further question, if her parents didn’t want her then why did they create her? Amber eyes dropped the ground, her tail hung limply. She loved being in the pack lands, but she thought it was important to leave to get some perspective on life. The scents of the wolves that had passed this place before rushed into her eager nostrils, the slightly damp leaves cold against her nose.

She closed her eyes quickly feeling the gust of air take its toll on her body. She was still recovering the fat that she...well she never really had to begin with. Her body was open to the cold, it was susceptible to the frosty fingers of the wind that so loved to ruffle her fur. Her ears were erect and carefully listening to the world buzzing around her. The insects a monotone drone in her brain. She really didn’t enjoy their sounds much, but appreciated them for the role they did in keeping nature green, without them the birds would lack food, and without the birds the plants wouldn’t grow properly and so on. She had watched all this from afar growing up in her simple world of a cave and limited food. When a wolf didn’t have toys and other siblings to grow up with, they get a rather different perspective on how the world works.

Astryd continued walking down the winded path, her paws softly pressing against the earth with each careful step. It was not like there was much here that could harm her, but it was the effect on her mind that caused her to repeat the behaviour. It was this slow, meditated walk that made her realised her insignificant in the world, it made her not worry as much. That she was just another pawn in the existence to be controlled and manipulated by nature as any other. Mind you it wasn’t particularly bright to walk with her head down watching your toes the entire time.

She admired the footprint created beneath her paws as she walked how the leaves were forced into the earth or how the slight nip of a rock against the pads of her paws hurt. Something she also noticed was because of her distinctive limp, in her Full lupus form, actually caused her tracks to be more distinctive then the regular wolf. The imprint on her right leg at the back was barely visible most of the time if not absent. She could still move at a decent pace in this form but, she found it wasn’t as useful for being able to manipulate objects.

It was only the change in terrain beneath her paws that brought her out of the spell her mind had cast on itself in her wandering. This terrain was rockier and it was leading up to an incline. She could see the dark outline of a figure ahead. Taking a moment to gather her thoughts and assess the situation she wondered what exactly she could do. She could smell his scent; it was strong and masculine which caused her heart to race. Stupid hormones, they’ll get you into trouble, you silly girl, her mind slowly taunted. She pushed the thoughts back down to where they belonged.

I will simply approach him from a distance, which will give me a chance to react if my company is unwanted. But it will also mean I have the opportunity of talking to him if he is going to be accepting in my approach, she thought gently. “Hey” she said simply, smoothing her voice to soft tones and slowly approaching a little closer. She scolded herself realising she barely raised her voice and it was likely he didn’t even hear her. “Hello, mind if I join you?” she said a little louder her voice carrying on the wind. It would be good she figured to be in contact with a male from her species, after all life is rather lonely when you don’t have many to share it with.

<style>
.astryd-a01 .at-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.astryd-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#b17e19; text-shadow:#000000 0px 2px 5px; 2px}
.astryd-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.astryd-a01 b {color:#d48b00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.astryd-a01 {background-color:#80755b; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #Ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0d0c08; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.astryd-a01-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.astryd-a01 .at-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]