Chasing Cars
Echo walked into the village of the Aniwaya, half confused by all the hearty sites of families and friendly groups. Everyone seemed friendly. There was not a single wolf in Echo's sight that looked as if he or she had been harmed in anyway. It had somewhat an emotional impact on poor little Echo. The male wolf was not used to seeing large groups of wolves. He was born and raised in a harsh, destructive environment where almost everyone was hostile. Perhaps this was the time to finally do what his entire family tried, but failed to do. Establish a place within a pack.
Adonia could smell the scent of another in the land and decided it was best to check it out. Trotting her body carried her swiftly through the leafy terrain, her speed not making them rustle, but she certainly made crunching noises. Fall. It was definitely a beautiful time of year to her. The leaves all sorts of colors, and the when the sun set casting its hues of pink, orange, and reds. Oh what a site. Her two toned eyes looking everywhere but in front of her as she allowed her body to follow the scent trail in auto pilot. It wasn't until she came closing in on the male that her eyes looked up to see him. He was a stocky brute, and slightly intimidating to her and her dainty figure, but despite her shy disposition she would hold up her rank and be as confident as possible. Licking her lips nervously she spoke, her soft voice carrying out, "Hello...what may I help you with?" She asked able to tell this wasn't a Phoenix Valley member, but she wouldn't be hostile to him.

She stood just five feet from him, head raised, ears perked intently as her tail laid relaxed behind her body. He husky like markings a dead give away, along with her coat texture, that she was a hybrid of dog and wolf. She wasn't ashamed of it, but she was very aware that many wolves shunned such mixing. The insecurity always showed when she was in the presence of purebreds, but she tried to hide it best she could remembering how her father treated her; like a princess...but that was until his new mate showed up. She lowered her head and shook her body trying to force the past away. It always did haunt her ever active mind.
[html]
ooc: OOC: It appears Echo likes you!... A lot! O.o

When Echo turned around to face his pursuer, he found a beautiful, lone Husky Hyrbrid standing right in front of him. Her pattern had a beautiful husky mix to it, and she dazzled in the sunlight like nothing he had seen before. She was also very polite towards the lone male, and this did seem a little odd. As for her breed, Echo could care less. All that ever mattered to him was whether you were friendly or hostile.

But something else seemed to catch Echo's fancy... It was the she wolf's courage. Not many wolves actually liked Echo. Most of them hated him mainly because of his vicious, battle hardened appearance. Some even sought him out as an unequal...

Soon after he had looked the female over, Echo replied to her question. "I may have lost my way while I was exploring. But, it would be kind of you to... perhaps show me around... My name is Echo." !"

[/html]
The male seemed to be in lala land and it made her ears back as she almost felt bad about interrupting his thoughts, however, he was within P.V. territory, so she drew in a deep breath nearly puffing out her chest and stood taller on her four legs. It seemed he looked her over making her tail drop down nearly going between her legs, but she refused to allow herself to get that nervous, or at least show it. He finally spoke and then she responded in her soft sheepish tone that seemed to be on her vocals as of the last few months. "You're in Phoenix Valley. You smell of many wolves, are you part of a pack?" She asked, the more she spoke the more confidence entered her voice. Her paws moved bringing her closer to the male. "My name is Adonia, and you are?" Her paws stopped moving once she found herself a foot from him. Her two toned eyes looked him over noticing various scarring laced over him. She wondered if they were from battles with other wolves, or from hunting. It wasn't uncommon back where she grew up for males to go out on dangerous hunting ventures and coming back injured.

The female spoke once more as she thought on what he requested and then looked over toward the more inner parts of Phoenix Valley, "If you're wanting a tour of my pack's land I must contact the alpha on permission..." She said it more as a question to see if that was what he really wanted, a tour of the packland. The husky/wolf didn't want to ruin this again. Last time she didn't call her alpha fast enough this time she'd call him faster, but first she wanted to make sure it was what the male wanted, otherwise he needed to get off the lands and she'd do it as kindly as possible.
Echo grew a little shy about Adonia's curiosity. Adonia seemed very serious about this small conflict. And her questions made the male seem very insecure. It was quite clear that Adonia was desperate to find out whether Echo really wanted a tour of her lands... And it was also clear that she would not tolerate having Echo stay for any other reason.

The male knew he did not belong on these lands. But he was on a desperate search for a mate. Adonia seemed just perfect for Echo. He just couldn't let Adonia leave him so soon...

He soon replied to the lone-she wolf's questions in a very shy tone... "Yes. I come from the Aniwaya. And it would indeed be kind of you to talk to your leaders about letting me have a glance of your lands."
She watched and observed him as he seemed suddenly nervous and shy. He seemed more confident a moment ago, maybe she was being too confident? How could that be she was so very self-conscious it wasn't funny. It was then she decided to tone it down and sit. The male didn't answer any of her questions other than wanting to have a tour of this land. His answer though bothered her some, 'your' land. This wasn't her land, it was Jefferson's. Whatever, she wouldn't nit pick...or would she? "It's not my land..and you didn't answer any of my other questions either.." Her head bowed some a little disappointed in him. Looking deeper into the land she knew this time she wouldn't mess up and she would call Jefferson.

Head leaned back as her muzzle pointed to the air calling for one male, and one male only: Jefferson. Her call would carry for several miles in hopes Jefferson was around within howling distance.
Echo trembled after seeing the female's disappointment. This did not seem at like a good start for the male, and he had already shown his in-confidence in the situation. But he had to keep quiet about why he was here, so he began to stand tall, but not in a way that would seem at all odd. "Ah, I am sorry. My name is Echo, and yes. I come from the Muggles. It's not far from here." He did feel sorry for Adrona. After all, Adrona was of a much higher rank than Echo. And it didn't seem so usual for a female to be of such kindness towards this stranger. A moment after Echo answered all Adona's questions. But then, he realized his second mistake. "I, I am sorry for what I said," he continued in a somewhat sad voice. "But, I do thank you for being so kind..."
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alltable { border:1px solid #E02842;background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/124egwj.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#D6BD9F;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#493131; margin: 0 auto }
.boxxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxxy b {color:#000;}</style>

She hadn't noticed his reaction as she was in mid howl, but she heard his replies after she finished her call. Her ears perked and she looked over to Echo curious, "That's an interesting name...no need to be sorry, just never meant someone who overlooks questions...perhaps I didn't speak them clearly.." She sat patiently waiting for her alpha. Her mind thought on his words never hearing Muggles before, "Muggles...I've never heard of the place.." Her eyes looking again back to him, "I-" She didn't know how to reply to his other apology, he seemed so nervous and she didn't understand why, "Um..I'm usually nicer...I didn't think I was being kind, I'm sorry about that.." Her ears folded back and she felt her cheeks going a little red. Adonia hadn't been feeling like herself, and anymore she didn't know who she was anymore. The feeling of being lost and like a phantom was all she knew now. It was confusing to have a friend disappear without a trace, and seemed to mess with her a lot more than she'd thought it would.

Her eyes looked forward and she wondered if Jefferson heard her call, and she licked her lips a little nervously before she looked back to Echo, "...so what brings you all this way?" If she was going to be here awhile she needed to at least make small talk, awkwardness was something she hated and would do anything to rid herself of.

[/html]
[html]
I completely forgot you wanted me to join this. Sorry! Although I'm not sure Jefferson is really necessary anyway?

He heard the call, and as always, the cyclops made an attempt at promptness. However, with the cold setting in strong and quickly, the wind blew through straight to his bones; he was inevitably slowed whether he stood on two or three feet, not to mention his temper was stirred by the push from the warmth of the hearth in the ranch house. He grumbled to himself most of the small trek, but one thing stood prominent in his mind: This had better be good.

Jefferson came upon them at a pace unusually slow for the male, making him perhaps later than usual when it came to attending to calls. The Patriarch recognized the stranger's scent immediately as AniWaya and quietly questioned to himself whether Dawali had sent him like the red wolf had sent Liliana, but the hybrid saw no quest in the stranger's eyes. With a snort, the Patriarch held his head high and queried, not once removing his eye from the AniWayan: "Why was I called here?"

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
"s...s...Sir," mumbled Echo in a shy, frightful tone. "My name is Echo and I come from the Aniwaya... I would like to take a tour of your lands and I am sincerely sorry for disturbing you from your duties.. It is indeed an honor to meet you here.... And..." - Echo fell very silent. He truly had nothing else to say... And was surely shy at the sight of a born leader who, if he chose, could tear Echo to a thousand pieces. And by the looks of it, Jefferson seemed very war-like... And at this, Echo took great admiration.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alltable { border:1px solid #E02842;background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/124egwj.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#D6BD9F;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#493131; margin: 0 auto }
.boxxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxxy b {color:#000;}</style>

OOC: Sorry, if it's frivolous, I just thought she needed permission before she lugged a stranger around x.x

She glanced back to the male who she had found watching him a moment seeing that he wasn't giving her an answer, oh well. He seemed a little dim witted to her anyhow, but she would amuse him as there really wasn't anything better for her to do. Her attention went to Jefferson who seemed quite displeased and it made her ears roll back and her head go down. She hadn't met an Aniwaya so the scent was unfamiliar to her senses. Before she could answer the male beside her stuttered out. Once he was finished speaking her attention again went to Jefferson, "I didn't know if I needed permission before allowing him further into the land. As he mentioned he wishes to have a tour of the land. I felt I should play it safe and call for you...I didn't know it was troublesome. Sorry.." She was working on her confidence amongst Jefferson, it was hard for her, but with practice she hoped she cold be more bold and less skittish. Still her body was hunkered down some, not nearly as bad as usual. This time it was only her head that was down and not her whole body. Definitely an improvement for the nervous, and shy female.

[/html]
Sorry. And please, you guys, please ask permission before just throwing leaders into threads. I have a lot of threads already, and these impromptu ones really add up with the extra joiners. :/ Also, I'd/we'd appreciate longer posts from Echo as well (even after I am gone from this thread), unless you and Adonia's player have agreed to shortposts for this thread. Thanks! Smile

[html]

He snorted, unimpressed, as he eyed the AniWayan. The alliance between the Valley and the earth-loving tribe was a friendly one, one he had relied on more than once already; the brute trusted Dawali in all his decisions, not to mention those of Ember as well (though, as he had heard, she was no longer a piece of AniWayan leadership). His opinions on the members themselves differed, but as long as they appeared to be of no harm to his immediate instincts, the brute hardly cared as long as they were supervised.

"Sure, whatever," he said, an ear twitching in irritation. Though he appreciated her respect in asking permission, the brute wished Geneva had managed to respond first. He turned on his heel, hastening away haughtily. "Just stay out of trouble." And with that, he was gone as quick as he had came.

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Sorry! DX

IC: "Thank you," replied the lone wolf, who nearly joked from his lack of self-confidence. "I promise not to do any of you harm during my stay inside your territory." Echo was usually friendly to the people he had first met. But Jefferson was definitely something to fear... He had a war-like personality and didn't seem very hospitable to the lone stranger.

After it was clear that Jefferson had accepted Echo's small tour, Echo turned to Adonia. "Shall we continue on our voyage, Adonia?"
She felt bad for bothering him, perhaps she shouldn't have called about giving a stranger a tour of the lands. She wasn't the most confident female, nor did she feel confident in defending herself should the male decide to overtake her. She nodded to her alpha as he walked away. Her eyes watched the rough brute walk, curious about what made him so rough around the edges. Her attention was suddenly averted from her alpha to the stranger next to her, Echo. Her ears went back and her eyes looked to him, "..yes..let's get started.." She gave a light smile and she began to walk, her paws taking her straight to the mirror lakes. She wasn't sure why he wanted to see the lands, and she wasn't sure what the brute wanted, her eyes looked back to him, "..is there something you're looking for? Or are you looking to switch packs?" Her two toned eyes looking back to him unsure of what to do or say as she took him through the lands.

She passed by the hill of graves and she glanced to it, she'd never been up there, gravestones freaked her out, and the thought of dead humans all over the hill bothered her. So she kept a respectable distance from the hill her eyes watching it before she spoke, "That is the graves of many humans right there, I've heard we hold an event there every beginning of a new year.." She'd never done it, however, she'd never payed attention to human years, just moon cycles. Her paws continued on moving towards the southern mirror lake.
OOC: Thanks for the reply! :o Promise to be a little faster! :3

IC: Echo felt a little paranoid about letting the she-wolf know of what he was up to early. He didn't want to blow his only chance on getting a mate, and to him, this wonderful husky-wolf mix seemed just too good to let go. So, stuck to his typical excuses. "Erm, I am not sure really. Truly, I came here out of curiosity. I am very curious of my surroundings, so... I figured it wouldn't hurt looking around." Then, the male turned towards the hill-top and gazed. "Ah... Humans. I have heard much about them. Well, you pack does seem quite amazing. I have heard many rumors..."
She wouldn't have suspected a thing on him wishing to snatch a mate, let alone the thought that he was thinking of her in that manner, so she acted as she normally would. Shy and a little stand-offish. She continued on, her ears swiveled to better hear him and what he had to say. Her two-toned eyes looked over slightly."That's fine.." She said to his reason for wondering here. She didn't quite understand how no wolf would have not heard anything about humans but some wolves were more sheltered than her. She had encountered many human relics, however, she had never allowed it to affect her ways. The only human thing she meddled with the most were human toys. She loved her 'red doggy', a gift from her father from when she was but days old. When she first opened her eyes it was the thing she had always had. As she had gotten older it was more hidden from view to others, but still always with her, somewhere. She had nodded to Echo, "Yeah..Phoenix Valley is a very simple and peaceful pack.." She said in an idle way as she came to past iskata's cabin, one she had heard of, but never really payed any attention to, if at all. "...that's...if I remember right, Iskata's cabin. She was..a founder to the pack I believe. I'm not very good with the history of Phoenix Valley, I'm trying to learn about it..but I think..I think she's dead now.." She felt like she was strongly blushing now, feeling stupid for not knowing it very well. She was great with everything else, except this particular cabin. However, her paws continued on.
Echo witnessed how strange Adonia acted. He also witnessed the female's kind little blush, that nearly made Echo himself bush to the extreme. Now was his chance, and he would do everything that was expected of a mate. Echo was a caring fellow, often looking out for others. But Adonia seemed to be something he would not loose. He walked quietly to Adonia's side and whispered in a calm voice, "I see. Indeed the pack that you belong to seems quite amazing." Then he paused to take a breath. After a moment, he continued. "You too seem quite amazing."
OOC: Since this thread is taking awhile, I hope it's okay to post date it for around the time Ookami joined and when Domonick made his appearance....I think it's only fair so Ookami has at least a seed planted in her mind...once we get this thread over with, I think we should get one with both Ookami and Echo, lol. Let the males go at it over her XD....is that okay? If not, I can change my post.

She was remaining as quiet as possible as the large timber like wolf seemed to have other plans. It was now obvious he wasn't really wanting to tour the lands, he was in search of something else, and that something else was her right now. His words stopped her in her tracks and she bowed her head, ears back, "..I-I..umm, thanks.." She stumbled over her tongue but finally managed to say a thank you, not the most graceful way, but she said it nonetheless. Her head lifted a little and her eyes met into his for a moment. She thought of Domonick for a moment, he had returned, but he didn't come around all that often, and then she remembered a new member who she was curious of, Ookami. Though, as this male continued to pay her attention she couldn't help but feel flattered.

Once she recollected herself she continued to walk forward trying to figure out a way to weasel out what the male really was interested it. Obviously, her, but why? Why was he wanted to pursue her? He didn't know her, she was just a female who was, if anything, omega material. Still, she tried to play it cool, her posture changing to something a little more confident, and a little more solid. "...so, what caught your interest of Phoenix Valley?" Her words spoken softly and with a slight hint of confidence.
OOC: Seeing how I am quite new to Role Play, I am not so sure... :/

Echo could see right through the female's feelings, and new immediately that this was his chance to impress her. He quickly moved in a unique, relaxing way that nearly gave away his overwhelming feelings for Adonia. Adonia indeed seemed like the perfect soul mate for Echo, and whenever something seemed that way, the male would refuse to let it go.

After a moment or two, the male began to realize all the impressive sights around him. There were evergreens of every type, and a cold wind sent chills through the male's body. It was also a very quiet place, with nearly no scents at all.... The male soon replied to the she wolf's question in a normal way. "I... I've always been curious of the lands beyond my own. I like to explore..."