I didn't know you could stop being a God.
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ If the color could have drained from Ahren’s face, it would have. His jaw dropped, his eyes went wide, and he became suddenly aware of the cut on his leg. Looking down, he touched the wound gingerly and then regained control. His jaw clamped shut and his muzzle crinkled. Not again. Both hands went to his face and he turned away from the hybrid, dropping them and walking towards the knife that had gone flying in the scuffle. This was cleaned in the cold grass and returned to its proper place at his hip. Only then did he speak. “I told you, I have blackouts,” he didn’t meet Laruku’s eyes. He didn’t want to. “It’s been happening since I was a kid.”

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]
[html]

Most of him had already accepted that Ryoujoku would never really leave; even if the blackouts seemed to have faded away and even if he had control of himself most of the time, the laughter was there and he knew it didn't belong to him. All the same, he felt something in him sink at the idea that Ahren had carried his demon for so much longer and that there was nothing he could do for him, just as there was nothing he could do for himself. Laruku wanted to do something, but he couldn't approach the other any more. Touch was his only way to comfort anyone (it was also a way to hurt, but there were so many other ways to hurt), but here, that was already forbidden. We're too much alike, he mumbled instead. Go back to sleep. It wouldn't help though, would it? Nothing ever did.

[/html]
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ Ahren looked up sharply as Laruku spoke. For one brief moment the demon was all too close, brought to the surface through the direct command (even though it was more like a suggestion). Despite all this time, the superiority complex had never left him. He had never let go of the avarice that held him tighter then anything in the world ever could. Frowning, he drew a cigarette and turned away, lighting it. Without another word he walked away, stalking off into the moonlit forest without intending to return this night.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]