2. 13/04/2009
3. Luperci
4. Heavily mixed
5. Female
6. spooky_lullabye at hotmail dot com
7. First character here
8. http://mudseek.com/
9.627W. (5 points)

Heavy emotions dwelled in her belly, what was she really doing here? Would they not simply cast her aside? What would she have to offer them? A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she slowly walked along with her nostril to the ground following the scent that struck her as familiar. It was oddly comforting in a way she couldn’t remember how. This scent was stronger than that of the smell that lingered around a kill she scavenged from. It was fresh and struck her senses like a hurricane of stimulation. Her amber eyes fixed on the large paw prints in front of her, her pupils like bugs set in the ancient resin. And they widened when she considered the implications of such a paw print, in her small amount of time in the world she had come to understand that large prints were generally made by well…large animals. In this case her mind imagined a large soaring male, and her body quivered with anxiousness. As she fought to keep her courage she limped slowly onwards favouring her right leg.

The scar was raised and wound around her ankle like a tight vine trying to strangle another plant. The injury was much of a source of embarrassment and the cause of her struggle to exist. She was fed enough to survive but in no way was her body comfortably fat. She was lean and survived on whatever she could find. She didn’t overly understand the others of her species, she had never really learnt the meaning of social etiquette and often found herself struggling to withstand temptation. Her nostrils twitched as she kept on the scent, her eyes every so often bobbing up to check that she didn’t exactly sniff onto the foot of this character she’d been following or in the worst case scenario wander onto his meal and have him take her as a threat. She had been chased off before, all the snarling and the growling was unpleasant and was the vast majority of her experience with other canines.

Her long clawed paws left marks in the litter on the ground as she made a kind of an ambling motion with her hind legs and arms attempting to move swiftly on all fours helped make up for her dodgy leg. Her fur was the colour of snow with white tips, as though someone had thrown some black dirt over her, but she’d shook most of it off but some still remained. Her heart raced as she could smell the strength of the scent increasing. She closed her eyes and fought for her courage, the worst it would be was more snarling and growling, but if she succeeded she would maybe have a place rather than continuing to live her life slinking through the shadows.

She thought back to the idealistic image she had of who she thought her parents may have been. She didn’t want to think that maybe she had been an unplanned consequence of an embarrassing nature. Did her parents really ditch her because they didn’t care? What happened to them? Where did they go? And why did they leave me? She had often watched other packs close by and watched their pups being cared for by the older ones. She had to fight deep within her body not feel resentment towards them because their lot in life was better than hers. After all it was miraculous that she had come to survive for as long as she did. After the accident and her parents…she was really lucky to simply have her life. And with this thought she drew in a deep breath and howled standing on the edge of the border unsure of any other way of drawing attention to herself.

<style>
.astryd-a01 .at-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.astryd-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#b17e19; text-shadow:#000000 0px 2px 5px; 2px}
.astryd-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.astryd-a01 b {color:#d48b00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.astryd-a01 {background-color:#80755b; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #Ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0d0c08; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.astryd-a01-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.astryd-a01 .at-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Hello and welcome to 'Souls! We're very glad to have you and I hope you will have a good time playing here ^^; I'm Libri, the crazy Viking lady. Your post was very good! My replies are likely to remain somewhat shorter than yours, as I try to keep my posts to joining posts short and simple so that the joining process moves on as swift and neat as possible Big Grin

The ground was drowning in crispy, earthly hued leaves shredded from the weary trees. Only once had Conor Soul tasted the cool, dry air of Autumn. Soon a white layer would hide everything away. Truly, the golden male looked forward to the visual illusion of a perfect world dressed in a shimmering, silvery sea of frozen water. Winter would be different this year, and there would be no war to melt the fragile snow crystal with hot crimson. Life remained imperfect, but that was also the beauty of it. The coin coloured canine was taking his usual trip along Dahlia de Mai’s borders when a stranger’s call rose against the brightly lit sky. Cinnamon coated ears stood attention on top of his head for only a moment before adjusting, leaning towards the thick fur by his neck.

As he approached the alien wolf he could draw in solitude. Lavender eyes settled on a most peculiar shading, though he at first simply assumed that the woman’s fur was dirty. It was only natural for the Alpha to allow his eyes to settle on possible physical flaws, and he allowed several seconds to pass as he gazed at a scar stretching up the female’s right leg. ”Yes?” he simply asked, his mood keeping him from seasoning his form with the usual friendliness that he carried with him. He was weary and unhappy, and though it was not the stranger woman’s fault, he was not about to pretend and put on a false, sour smile. He was probably not the wolf whose prints she had been following, but he was not the only wolf dwelling within these lands.

<style>
.conor-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conor-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conor-z91 b {color:#E3B7EA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]
astryd

^^ thanks 585W. (5)

Her eyes quickly glanced to take him in before sliding to the ground with an anxious whimper. “I am Astryd, please don’t hurt me, I mean no harm, I don’t know what I should be doing…my parents abandoned me, I’ve never been taught what’s appropriate” she said in a rambling nervous fashion. From what she had watched from a distance there was some social formalities she was meant to be following but she couldn’t quite grasp which was for when. Her heart beating fast within its cage, there must have been some instinct left in the girl or perhaps it was more so her fear, either way her body bent lower. The foliage was soft beneath her clawed feet, stretching her shoulder muscles forward with each clawed paw on the ground as though trying to distract herself with the pulling of her muscles. What strange eyes this fellow had. The deepest of violets she had ever gazed upon, there was no doubt in her mind this one she would remember.

She felt entirely awkward; she had no idea how to be polite when meeting a stranger on their borderline. That was after all something that was brought out in children within a pack and reinforced by the pack structure. With her heart hammering so intensely her mind was barely spared a second to think clearly, it was almost a haze of new stimulation. His scent was musky and strong, but not the same as the one she was following, was the prints she had followed, real or just her imagination? They were large; perhaps that was just another trick of her mind. The world was pretty black and white through striking amber pools, there was her, and then there were them. And somewhere in the middle there was a barrier and she could never seem to reach out to them until now.

Being a juvenile, his musky male scent sent her mind and body rushing in ways she’d never previously considered. It was…overwhelming, where did this temptation come from? The quiver of anxiousness again passed through her lower stomach. If a blush could be visible beneath her fur, there would be one as she felt his eyes pass over her body and resting on her scar. That was it she thought, they’d turn her away because of the bloody scar. There was nothing she could do about it. It did make her a useless hunter and made her slower to get away from an attack. But she wouldn’t blame anyone if they left her and ran, they had after all their own interests to look after.

She would be content for somewhere warm to rest her weary bones and to nurse her emotional wounds. There was that little ebb of hope within her that kept her going, perhaps they’d find something for her to. Something productive, so she could earn her keep, and not be chased off. Dear maker she thought with a sigh as the conflicting thoughts of doubt and hope rushed through her skull. Her ears flickered with her nervousness she really didn’t know how to hold herself at this point in time. In a perfect world she wished she could convey herself properly, but she had no idea what to do. And she would somehow convince this princely handsome man to take her back to his pack and perhaps keep her warm at night sometime. The thought caused another tight fluttering at her stomach and she wagged her tail gently.

<style>
.astryd-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#b17e19; text-shadow:#000000 0px 2px 5px; 2px}
.astryd-a01 {background-color:#80755b; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #Ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0d0c08; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.astryd-a01 .at-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

300+ I love your new set Big Grin edit: lol, i ruined coding slightly so that we only got half of what he said XD fixed!

The male had been rather disengaged until her reaction was more or less thrown into his face. This was a nervous one, and his frame stiffened slightly in initial response to the sudden shower of words from the young female. The corners of his lips tugged slightly as his second response to her behaviour came through. Conor was a compassionate creature, and knew better than to wrap himself away from the world in his pathetic self-pity. Minding one’s manners by the borders of a pack was one thing, but times had changed. Tradition was not always required and it was rare for any wolf to encounter another canine that knew the flawless dance of submission by the borders. They were not savage creatures, after all.

As lavender had investigated the foul looking scar, it returned to soft, anxious amber. He could somewhat relate to her story, but it brought on questions as well. It was taken for granted that she must have been abandoned after having learnt the basics of survival, and that should have included knowledge of instinctual behaviour. The wolves in the world did not follow their nature blindly any longer, but there should be basic knowledge residing with their very genes. She was doing something right, at least, for what he frowned upon was arrogance and superiority within a wolf that in thought held less worth than an omega as long as it remained on another pack’s borders.

”Relax,” the male calmly suggested, allowing the small form of a smile settle on his serene hues. Poor girl. The Dahlian did not know exactly what she was doing here and what her intentions were, but they had all the time in the world and he was a patient soul. ”You’re standing at the borders of Dahlia de Mai.” He informed her courtly, though allowed a cinnamon and cold tail to gain motion to soften up the atmosphere. He was not a creature that required to be surrounded by authority. ”I’m Conor, and it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Astryd.” The gray woman seemed to be around his own age, and he supposed that too could help ease this scene.

”Is there anything I can help you with?” His initial question returned in an elaborating form.

<style>
.conor-z91 {background-color:#573450; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... orgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:262px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E3B7EA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conor-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]
astryd

599w. (5) Thankies =D yush its pretty. Anna made it for me ^^ <3

Taking a deep breath she cantered herself, attempting to draw some of the excess emotion back into its jar. To hide it back beneath her fur so to speak. Her emotional turmoil didn’t help in meeting someone new. But his honey soft words of patience and peace made her want to melt and snuggle close to him. A soft smile drew to her lips and her tail flicked back and forth gently, her amber hued eyes gazing into his as though trying to figure out if there were anything beyond this unparalleled kindness. Her heart still hammered in its fragile cage, quickly pushing the blood and oxygen required to keep the unit that was Astryd standing, and at this point in meeting this fellow, it seemed to be more than usual. She could hear her pulse thundering in her ears.

“Conor, I am alone in this world completely. My leg as you noticed makes it difficult for me to hunt properly. I have gotten by until now with scavenging and hunting what small game I could manage to trick. This all must seem a little fast and daunting, but I would so humbly like a place to stay. I am loyal, I won’t hurt anyone you have my word. ” She said softly drawing a deep breath trying to keep her emotions in check. She wasn’t weak; she’d been through a hell of a lot to get where she was. But this was a new experience for her, and his masculine scent that drifted into her nostrils so wonderfully wasn’t helping with her concentration span. She then softly added “The skills I have to offer in return for warmth and safety are few, but I am loyal and have some basic understanding of treating wounds and I am good at tracking prey.” She said simply as though her skills didn’t count for much.

She felt as though she were propositioning him with an offer he couldn’t accept. After all who was she? An unknown injured female, no claim to ancestory, limited skills and an obvious social anxiety issue. She fought her mind with rigor and attempted to hold her self-doubt at bay. He hadn’t said no yet she thought. But he hadn’t said yes either. Was this normally how things were done? You simply turn up and after some heart melting glances from a handsome wolf you asked if he would mind sheltering you and taking you into his pack as another mouth to feed.

It was those velvet violet eyes of fiery compassion that she wanted to melt into, they made her want to trust him. To want to reach out. She wanted to feel the warmth of his fur against her own, telling her everything was going to be ok and that she wasn’t a complete and utter burden to whoever took her. Did she actually want that? Or was it just her rushing hormones speaking. Either way she felt herself soar in ways she hadn’t really experienced before. Did his heart race at all? She thought not. This was after all his lands and no doubt he had some dashing princess that held his heart. She would simply have to withdraw her emotional reserve before she let herself become more attached. If only it were that easy.

What on earth was she thinking? She had exchanged what, less than 2 sentences with him and now she was considering if he had a mate? He would surely want someone with more, class and wisdom per say then the anxious strange female that turns up on his borders!

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

500+

It was his responsibility to protect and aid those who were less fortunate than he. Astryd’s presence was intense in many ways and he could see parts of his old self in her emotional colours. Everyone deserved somewhere to belong to. The male was curious of her story, but it was in truth her choice whether or not she would allow him to be guided down the shadowed path of past. The two of them were night and day, her heart pounding with life while his own seemed still within his chest. Everywhere he went, the emotional ache followed and turned his perspective of the world around him gray and lifeless. Conor should have known better than to allow fear and anger to get the best of him. Now he feared that it was too late, and the thought alone impaired him and kept him from following his love.

Astryd's words were received with a moment of silence. He did not know what it meant to be alone in the world. He had tasted the bitterness of it in small, manageable doses, but nothing more. He had been born into this very pack that he today led, and he could not imagine living in a world where he only had himself to depend on. Lilac gaze swiftly moved down to the scar on her leg again. It explained a lot. The woman was not hideously thin, but her pelt could not hide the fact that she seemed to lack fat. Scavenging and hunting small game could only get you so far, and he wondered how long she had been on her own. Compassion was part of him now, and he could feel slight warmth push his misery away, at least for now.

He was about to forge words of his own when she added her limited strengths on own accord. He slowly nodded at her. For some packs he guessed this was not enough, but in Dahlia de Mai he would do things his way. The pack was strong and stable and the lands were rich with various game. Astryd’s first impression was a fine one overall, for she seemed like a kind and considerate creature underneath worry and concern. He wished he didn’t unsettle trespassers so, but there wasn’t really much he could do about it other than to put up a friendly face and tell them that it was all right. She was no hunter, but there were other things she could do. If she possessed the luperci gene her options were without limits. There were other ways to collect food and many skills that could make her shine. Her simple handicap did not ruin her chances. The fact that she apparently shared his interest in healing added some nice seasoning.

”Your handicap should not be an issue,” he stated, soft lavender coated with warmth as he gazed at her. ”We have a good team of hunters and there are other ways to contribute to the community.” Conor had yet to decline a lonely soul by the borders and he was not about to. As long as the pack continued to flourish, he would care for those who needed a home and a family. ”As the alpha of this pack I can offer you a home here, if you are certain that this is what you want,” he continued, wondering if he should offer to take her home so that she could have a fresh meal and proper rest. Gideon’s quote was not forgotten, and he guessed it had been a fair amount of truth in those words.

<style>
</style>
Table by Siekone
[/html]
[html]
astryd

392 W

Hearing his words she wagged her tail contently. The words were like the sweetest sound to her ears. She was ok. He wasn’t going to suddenly change face and snarl and chase her off. Perhaps she had been too hasty in judging the entire populace as horrible and foreboding. Here he would actually give her a chance. And her leg didn’t affect matters so much! She didn’t have to be a warrior to matter it would seem. She watched his purple hued eyes with affection and a growing care. How she longed to reach out to him but as such a new…what was the word…acquaintance? Friend? He had after all just offered her the only thing her heart craved in the world. From the moment her eyes had caught his she knew she would not forget Conor.

Her mind raced of all the things she would finally be able to enjoy that she knew others took for granted. She was to be accepted! She would be able to experience the joy of being around pups and being part of a group. Her spirit soared and she suddenly felt very much less alone and a lot less anxious. Her physical structure noticeably relaxed and a smile crept across her maw. Her ears were erect and ready to listen for more of those marvellous tones to leave his blessed lips. Her past felt irrelevant at this point and time. But Conor had the effect on her of making her want to gush out every single little thing that had ever happened. Like his presence and listening somehow atoned her imagined sins and guilt.

”I am certain Conor, there is nothing more in the world that I would enjoy more then to be part of your home” she replied happily her words soft and fluid in a way her anxiety had never let her speak. Her amber pools were still locked on his, she felt as though she should surely melt if she looked within them any longer. She wasn’t sure as to whether letting her eyes linger would get her into trouble. Her mind quickly returning to the thought of his likely being promised or already partnered to someone else. She would have to bare this in mind when gazing into his eyes and she would have to attempt to control herself.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
I won't be able to answer until tonight, so I'll just go straight ahead and accept you so that you can start posting freely and get my ic post up later instead. ^_^ Welcome to Dahlia de Mai! I'll get you titled up asap!

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor.

[/html]
Apologies for the wait<3 Sad
[html]

And his smile remained as he had managed to give the woman something she seemed to genuinely desire. White tipped tail moved about pleasantly behind his autumn kissed form. The change was instant in her, and it made him wonder if he was ignorant of his own privileges. He knew not of the less fortunate life of a lone wolf. One’s preferences for life heavily depended on individuality. Astryd seemed like a fine wolf that would quickly adjust to the ways of the pack life. It was strange that she had wandered alone for so long if her desire to belong to a group was so strong. He could wonder, but did not feel a burning need to dig in her history before she had settled.

His warm gaze remained with her, though feet shifted and turned light cream coated paws around as his duty was done here. ”Welcome to Dahlia de Mai then,” he stated, granting her a slight dip of his muzzle. ”Make yourself at home and get some rest. If you’d like a guided tour later, you’ll find me in the city further north of here.” A last smile was given to her grateful form before he started to move away. His departure was not due to lack of interest in the other, but because he believed she needed to digest this great change in her life and take it in on her own. He was never far away and would be there for his new subordinate if she needed him.

<style>
.conorvinter2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conorvinter2 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conorvinter2 b {color:#6a4587; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]