Under my skin.
[html]
This thread is located along the pack borders/Ethereal Eclipse. Sorry this took so long! <3 And loverly table is by teh Libriness. 7 points.

It was nearing the end of morning, Bangle noticed as he looked to the skies. He was in his Secui form, he decided that morning to hunt, so he took off his furs and most of his trinkets before changing. It was the form he rather preferred when hunting larger game, and that was exactly what the coywolf was after. The male was low to the ground, his belly slinking along the earth. The beads and bones that hung on his mane occasionally made noise, which often startled him to stop every once in a while. He let it slide, as he crept through the fields, his nostrils flaring for a scent which only grew stronger as he advanced.

He came but a mile or so away when he grinned, hunger flashing through his eyes. What he saw before him were a pair of grazing deer, a mother and her calf. Bangle licked his lips, it was the perfect hunting setting. That, and it looked like a real challenge, for no matter what predator came along, a mother would die protecting her little one. Bangle didn't mind that one bit, if he was able to kill two deer in one shot, he'd have it made!
But no, there was no time to think about that. The calf was the target Bangle mentally painted on the little hide, his claws lightly scratching the ground in anticipation. But he'd have to wait.. wait on the perfect moment.

The coywolf watched as the mother lifted her head for a moment, those wide doe eyes looking frightened at every little sound. Bangle shifted his weight upon the ground, holding himself as still as he could in the brush. His body was poised to strike at any given second. The doe relaxed again and let herself graze, but she had her back turned a bit to her yearling. Of course, the little buck had no idea what danger really meant, his head was low, happily grazing as his tail flicked with joy. There was now about three feet of space between the two, and Bangle made his move.

He pushed his back legs off the ground, propelling his strong upper half forward and looking at only the buck. He flung himself towards the young one's neck, finding the soft spot and biting down hard. He easily overpowered the young deer, and before anyone knew it, it was limp in his jaws. The mother, now enraged, charged at Bangle, and the only thing he had to worry about were those sharp hooves. He growled as deep as he could, still holding the carcass of the young buck, but turned sharply and skedaddled. It was either drop the kill and fight the mother, in which case he'd probably be kicked enough to amscray, and find that someone or something else would have his kill before he returned to it himself.

But the coywolf was fast, despite the new load he gripped in his jaws, as he heard hooves slam the earth behind him. The mother chased him as far and fast as she could, but eventually she just had to give up. Bangle was already well into the pack's lands, and he was sure she smelled the scent of other wolves near, and had to high-tail it out of there. The male, panting, finally let go of his kill, but his grinned remained, and he laughed as he watched the doe scamper off. "Bet'cha a buck that I could do that again!" He joked to the retreating deer, chuckling at his little cruel, but funny, joke.

He watched her until she finally left his sight, and Bangle picked up the carcass and headed back towards his little made-up camp, setting the buck aside again. He closed his eyes and felt himself shift back into his more familiar, Optime form, and made quick work to dress in his furs again when he felt the final bone set into place. Latching on the final touches to his ensemble, Bangle picked up his knife and sat cross-legged in front of the carcass, examining it from head to tail.
"Hmm.. what t'do, what t'do." He said as he twirled the bone knife in his hand, debating on what to make of the young deer's pelt.
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 512 words

Ouija had only come upon the tail end of the chase, only being around long enough to see some other male dragging around a young deer. He had been about to head towards the lake that was out past the borders of the pack when he had heard the commotion and stilled. He stood from his place among the trees and watched. He had waited for the other male to dress and sit before finally making his presence known about. "So what was that all about?" He asked and motioned to what the other was wearing. He couldn't really complain about strangeness since he had this habit of dyeing himself. But he had never considered adding fur atop his own. But it wasn't like he dressed in anything anyways.

"I would suggest skinning it. That is unless you plan on eating the fur as well." He gave his suggestion with a shrug of his shoulders. After all it was the other's catch and it was up to him just what he wished to do with it. It wasn't like he could go and tell the other what to do. But the male did have a knife and was just staring at it. "I could help if you aren't certain how to go about it." Ouija did having something of a talent for it after all. He had created that satchel that he carried about with him, as well as the things that were carried around inside of it. "You will went to make the first cut on the belly, from the tail all the way down the center of the chin. Granted it is easiest to hang it by a hind leg to skin it." Hanging simply allowed for easier movement but it could easily be done on the ground as well.

"I'm Ouija. You stay in the pack as well?" It was a guess but he could be wrong. They were along the edge of the territory after all. For all he knew the other could just be passing through and simply needed a place to rest and where he could have a meal. Ouija wasn't used to that lifestyle himself. He had only lived in two places himself. And he had only left the first one because he had been destroyed. If not for that then he would still be living in New Brunswick. But he was starting to settle in this area. It was different than what he was used to but at least he wasn't judged for his differing beliefs. After all some of the things he did, as well as his dolls, could be considered to be quite strange and peculiar. But they were the things that he had grown up with. The things he had been taught from practically birth. It was all he knew. He couldn't break his beliefs just because he had changed locations. He just had to rework things to fit where he was now. He was the only practitioner here and so he had to do solo lessons rather than group ones.

<style type="text/css">
.ouija_skull .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.ouija_skull .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#d6480a}
.ouija_skull b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4d181; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ouija_skull {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#45260a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... jiatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sdfsdfhg! So sorry this is late. ;-; +3

Bangle twirled the knife between his delicate fingers, shifting through several ideas of the buckskin in mind. His head raised up, rather surprised at another male advancing, and judging by his question he had seen most of the chase. Bangle flicked his tail agitatedly once, sizing up this male that approached him. "Huntin', a'course!" Bangle said in a sort of matter-of-fact tone, referring to what he had done not moments ago instead of looking down at his own style of dress. The coywolf was never really want to hunt just for the sheer pleasure of it - when he did hunt, it was for a purpose. Of course, one shouldn't put it past the traveler to have a few thrills just for the heck of it.

One of the coywolf's large ears flicked to the side, listening to the funky, fur-dyed male give his opinion on skinning. Well of course he was going to skin the thing. Eating fur was just... wrong. Not to mention it got stuck in your teeth; and made a meal, no matter how hungry one was, a bother. "As yeh can see, I'm not new ta' skinnin', except my method isn't th' cleanest." Though Bangle always made up for his messy sort of skinning job, he did have to admit he could always be better. There was a strange stir in Bangle's belly, two emotions which conflicted in and of themselves. This other male had offered some assistance, which he was glad for, but he also had no business suddenly telling him how to do it.

The red and gray male lifted an eyebrow at the white male's suggestion of hanging it while doing the job. Bangle hadn't thought about doing it that way before. Sure, he always hung meat to dry, or leather strips to breathe, but never a fresh kill in order to skin it. "'Ey, that's an idea. Sit, sit. I'd love t'hear yer methods, I'd be happy to trade ya a bit of a meal in turn." The traveler grinned, figuring the other male would take the deal. Bangle stuck out his hand to the other, still sitting before the buck. "Name's Bangle, friend. Im'a craftsman around these parts. And yerself?"
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; Sorry, it's been unusually cold where I am at (enough to actually get snow) and I'm anemic so I can't keep body heat so I've been freezing lately and unable to feel my fingers and toes; 576 words

Did the other think him stupid because of his age? Sure, he was younger but he was intelligent. He had started training at a young age. He had lessons to attend practically straight out of the womb. Of course the first was to listen to those in power and not speak in those meetings unless he was called to do so. Because idle hands and minds weren't liked he was taught to start crafting at a young age as well. His proficiency had come from working hours a day under strict tutelage. Breaks weren't allowed unless perfection was achieved. So yes, he was young but with his strict regimen he knew what he was talking about. It further helped that he picked up on his training quickly and easily. So yes, he wasn't slow.

"I know what hunting is. I'm talking about all the layers of fur that you just added on. What was that about?" There was no disdain there but simply curiosity. After all he had his quirk of dyeing himself multiple colors. He simply had never seen another wrap up in the furs of prey and so he wondered if there was a reason for it. Was it part of some ritual? If so then he certainly wouldn't mind learning. He had this thirst for knowledge. He was curious about the customs of others. Perhaps that was because his own beliefs were frowned upon rather than others trying to understand them.

"My tutor wouldn't allow anything less than perfect." He said with a shrug. He simply thought that everyone was that way. That they weren't allowed to give up unless it was done exactly right. Starting out he had been up for days, with only limited amounts of sleep, in which if he messed up he had to start all over again. And he certainly knew better than to waste anything. Every part of every animal could be used in some fashion and so he never let anything be tossed out. He found a use for it all. The consequences for throwing something out wasn't something that was liked. While there were some animals he didn't like he knew better than to toss them out. Especially in this weather. Winters could be harsh and so you didn't want to lose anything.

"It is a big piece so hanging it would allow easier access to get to all sides instead of continually having to shift around in order to get to all side of it. You could also stand easily instead of sitting hunched over to complete the task so it is easier on the back as well." Or at least he had to hunch over with how tall he was. At the offering to sit and rest himself he moved closer and took a seat next to the other. But rather than looking at the canine he made to examine the prey item. He was curious as to what would be worked with.

Though when the other introduced himself he looked up to him. A smile formed on his lips as he accepted the hand and shook it. "Ouija, founding craftsman of the pack." He gave another glance to the deer before looking back to the other male. "What sorts of tools do you use?" He asked curiously. After all improper equipment could led to a messily done job. "And what do you plan on doing with the skin if I might ask?"

<style type="text/css">
.ouija_skull .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.ouija_skull .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#d6480a}
.ouija_skull {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#45260a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... jiatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
734 words. Big Grin

It probably would have been easier for the male if someone had taken the time, let alone the interest, to actually teach him about crafting, but Bangle was merely on his own. Ever since that little... incident... he had always learned to be independent. It wasn't like he asked for it, exactly, all the coywolf was doing was playing a little game on his pack, just to make his duties more interesting. But that blew out of proportion, and presently Bangle lingered his free hand over the three parallel scars on his thigh, surrounded by a dyed blue on his fur to accentuate his mistake. Ever since that day, he had to fend for himself; he did what he could out of what he found. Almost nothing went to waste, not even fur that he found rather useful to even put above his own.

But then the strange dyed man before him asked what the fur on top of fur was all about. Bangle smirked just then, knowing this isn't the first time he'd been asked that. 'Isn't your own fur enough?' They would say, and all he would say in return was: 'Don't talk until ya've tried it yerself.' And that was that. Orange-yellow eyes darted up at the man, and Bangle too had several questions of his own. "It's warm n' comfortable, just gotten used t'it over the years. So why d'ya dye yerself? Isn't yer own coloration good 'nough?" He said in a manner of expecting more-or-less the same answer.. that it was familiar, that he liked it. It wasn't like the traveler disliked it, either, but the only thing he dyed where his life-changing wounds.

The dyed craftsman before him mentioned a tutor, and Bangle put on a face that showed he was mildly intrigued. Bangle chuckled, twirling the knife in his hand idly. "I had t'be my own tutor, feller," he said, shrugging. It was possible that he could learn from this funky fellow, and in turn teach quicker and simpler methods. Methods that didn't have to be perfect, or look great (unless being sold), but as long as it got the job done. Even his belts, and the pouches and bags the coywolf made for himself, they were beginning to get worn from use over the years, granted they weren't looking so neat when he first made them, they worked for whenever the traveler needed them.

Bat-like ears twitched as the dyed craftsman standing above him mentioned about hanging the leather over a tree limb, for easier access and ease of work. He shrugged his red and gray furred shoulders, and decided he might as well give it a go. After shaking the dyed man's hand, Bangle re-gripped the bone knife in his right hand, and laid the buck out over a flat rock he had come across before he had even started. With the buck now belly-up, Bangle made the first cut near the anus, moving slowly across to the front, with sounds that only meant one was cutting into skin and fat and muscle. Slowly, the innards of the buck revealed themselves, coated with blood, and Bangle thought it was a less messier job than cutting it while it hung from a tree, where all the innards would simply drop to the floor and need to be recollected for other uses.

During the cutting and splitting open the buck carefully, did Bangle glance sideways at the male at his other questions. "Th' only tools I use are th' ones I make, n' whatevers lyin' around." The traveler was sure this wouldn't please the tutored craftsman at all, but it was the truth, whatever that was worth. Then came the question of what the skin would be made out of, once the entire process of curing was over with. Bangle lifted a slightly bloody finger to his chin, looking out into the distance and thinking for a moment. "Well, they'd make great foot coverin's fer the winter, but I might also need'a new strap t'hold things fer when I travel again." He spoke, just as he made the last pass through to the buck's neck and chin, putting the handle of the knife in his mouth for a moment to gently pry apart the hide in half. Bangle smiled as he removed the knife from his mouth, looking from the buck to Ouija. "Looks appetizing, don't it?"
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 517 words

Everyone in the cult was tutored to enhance something they showed a natural proficiency at. His sister went for training to be a medic. The training started since practically birth just because everyone knew that the greatest amount of learning took place during the stages of youth. So all pups went through the strict regiment of training should they be born into the cult. His life was no different from other pups that had grown up around him. Of course it varied greatly from everyone outside of the cult it seemed.

"Never seen it before." He admitted. He was used to others in their own skins only. Any use of clothing was lost on him. Then again he had a thick coat and so he really didn't need anything extra. Adding on more would just end up overheating him. "What color? I have no color. I have to dye myself in order to get color." So no, being singularly white just didn't work for him. He didn't like being stuck as white alone while everyone else got to be multiple colors. It simply wasn't fair. And since nature was full of colors he made himself that way as well.

He shrugged a bit when Bangle admitted to having to teach himself. "Just a standard practice where I came from. Everyone was taught from birth. Things are easier to pick up and learn at a young age rather than later in life." Or so that had come to be the conclusion. And because of that conclusion that just turned out to be the way that things were done. Of course it couldn't happen any longer with the cult being gone.

He nodded his head at the words. "I make my own as well." And with that he reached into the satchel that he carried with him and pulled out his athame. The blade was made of bone and the handle was carved wood. He gave the other time to look it over before slipping it back into his satchel. He watched as the other went ahead and cut into the animal rather than following his suggestion of hanging it first. Oh well, it was his kill to do what he wanted with.

He stared into the open cavity of the animal and had to hold himself back from digging his hands in. How he would enjoy rolling around in the entrails and getting himself covered in the blood. "It does." He agreed quietly with the statement. But of course it belonged to the other and he wasn't about to touch it. He had been taught better than to do such a thing. He hadn't made the kill and so it wasn't his to say what should be done to it. He could only offer advice should the other choose to take it and so far the other hadn't chosen to listen to him. But still, should the other desire help then he was still available while he was around. "I would guess that you know just how to treat the pelt after you get it off the animal."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
1004 words, I rambled! And I think for the sake of time, we could say a few hours passed to soak the leather @_@; It's anywhere from 2 to 12 hours usually.

Bangle merely shrugged his red and gray shoulders at the male with pure white fur. The traveler wasn't about to change his ways. Having extra fur was wonderful, it kept him warmer than his regular old coat would have. This was what it must have felt like to be a bear. "Point bein', ya alter what ya got because y' want to. Yeh love dyes, I love extra fur. Forget what anyone tells ya 'bout bein' natural." He grinned at the pack's founding craftsman, idly spinning his worn knife about in his fingers before holding it steady again. His wide, chocolate and cream ears twitched atop their sea of dreadlocks, noticing that this was yet another pack member with white fur. What was up with that? The coywolf was beginning to wonder exactly how many of the snow camouflaged artists were around.

Bright orange and yellow eyes were beginning to express interest in this other male's background. Where could he have come from that housed an entire pack of craftsman? Certainly no one in his old pack really expressed any need to be creative with their crafts. There were warriors, scouts, hunters, and those who made things to live off of. And really nothing else. Perhaps that was why Bangle got so bored with them and played games all the time, despite what his brothers or even his mother had to say. "T'be honest with ya, I taught mehself everythin'," he told the other, glancing down at the buck. "S'pose it'd make more sense if yeh grew up with all that." There was a hint of sadness in his loose and carefree voice, but Bangle just shook it off.

Then what the traveling salesman saw was Ouija pulling out a knife, which looked similar to Bangle's own tools, except the marksmanship was much more precise. He leaned over to it with interest, wishing he could almost touch the perfect piece. Bangle wondered how often it was used, and if it was used nearly all the time, this white craftsman must have been careful with everything he did with it. It was clear on Bangle's face that he was impressed, before sitting upright again. "Quite a beauty ya got there," he admitted to the dyed male.

After Bangle had cut open the buck and exposed all of its bloodied organs, he gave Ouija a side glance and could nearly see his mouth water through the look in his eyes. Bangle smiled, and the least he could do was offer him the choice piece. "Heart's all yers, friend," he said, offering up the piece that seemed to be the most favored wherever he went, so Bangle assumed. Setting the knife down at the side, Bangle leaned over to the small tent he made for himself and pulled out sharp sticks, to skewer some organs with. He offered the other craftsman one, though he figured he might not even take it. In his other hand he brought out another flat, wooden plate of sorts, setting in down between them. The traveler was simply used to having to cook his meat now, for one the fire kept him warm, and kept other predators at bay. Second, cooked meat attracted less animals (if that could even be said) than meat from a fresh, bloody carcass.

Standing up, the coywolf pulled his fire making tools from a pouch at his side. With wood and tinder already set up before them before Bangle had even started to hunt, he squatted and knocked the piece of flint with the iron pyrite. Sparks flew at first, then died. The second attempt was much more useful, as it instantly kissed the tinder and began to burn bright and hot almost immediately. Pushing himself off the ground again and up on two feet, he strode over to the side of his small tent and pulled out a large, wooden basin full of water just as Ouija spoke again.

As he emerged, grinning, Bangle set the water down near the fire, but not too close, and sat back down next to the other, gently pulling the buck's organs out and setting them on the plate. It was like a buffet, and one could pick whatever they desired from it. When everything from the buck was removed, and the eyes gouged to be added along to the smorgasbord of organ delights. "Be mah guest," he said, spreading a hand wide to the plate between them, as Bangle got up once again with the now empty deer hide. Having cut away the antlers and placing them aside for later, the coywolf stared at the bloody, greasy skin. It looked completely helpless now, and in fact looked like a different animal entirely. Getting down on his knees with the skin near the water basin, he began to wash it free of any other remnants that could possibly get in the way of the soaking process.

The once clean water turned a pinkish red with the buck's blood, and pieces of fat and tissue floated near the top. Pulling the hide out again, soaked but cleaner looking, the coywolf tipped the soiled water into the grass before him. The skin rested on his thighs for a moment as the traveler pulled out a canteen, also filled with water, and refilled the basin. Picking up the hide once again, he laid it out into the water, finding some rocks nearby to hold it down and get every inch of it covered.

Now the waiting began, and he had hoped he answered Ouija's question of how to work the skin. This was Bangle's method, anyways, and he was sure the other male had a different way to go about it. But the work was done, and, as the coywolf sat down again, wagging his tail happily as he picked some bloody buck pieces up and onto his skewer, he looked at the other. "So, why Cercatori?" Bangle asked, attempting to make small talk while they feasted, and while the skin nearby soaked.
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; That works, and since we discussed it before ended up moving the thread in the direction of the hunting lodge. And forgot to put this here before but this is what his athames are like. The top is his favorite and was the first one shown and the bottom one is the one he is giving away in this reply; 2322 words

It was true, he didn't like the natural state and so he altered it. He admired other's for their multiple hues, something that he did not have on his own without the aide of dyes. He had been it for as long as he could remember. He could hardly remember what he looked like without all of the extra coloring. He couldn't remember a time when he was plain white. This winter was the closest that he had come to it, having only blood and dirt to soil himself with. Really not his preferred method but beggars couldn't be choosers. "It doesn't get too hot with all of the extra fur?" Then again he wasn't really realizing that the other's natural coat wasn't as thick as his own. Should he pile on the furs then he would be the sort to overheat because his natural coat was perfect for the colder weather. He even found that he had to get away from the fire from time to time when he was working. Like now, he left the embers to smolder and would revive them when he got back. While his work needed the heat he couldn't stay in there all of the time. Though he has been known to lose himself in what he did and would remain inside for hours on end. But that was just him, once he got started to work on something he couldn't leave it until it was completed.

Where he came from everyone was encouraged to pursue what it was that they were talented at. They were also taught religion and to work together. It was something that everyone here lacked and so he could feel the disconnect. They all separated themselves instead of sharing a single space. They didn't even have any special occasions or anything. It was just a bunch of strangers living together. Really, look how long it took to meet another that worked in his field. Back in the cult they would have been introduced instantly and worked together on multiple projects. Each day he found himself missing where he came from more and more. But then again it was all that he had known for so long so of course he would miss it. It was where he had spent his entire up until a few months ago. So to go from sleeping with a group to sleeping by one's self was a major change.

"Well everyone pretty much got to choose what they wanted to learn and do. I guess I've just always been good with my hands." Though there were those that would say he was talented with other parts of his body But that didn't really fit with what was going on in the here and now, not yet at least. Though of course Ouija wasn't against that prospect in the least. It all depended on what the other should choose to do. So far it seemed that talk would remain on business alone. That was fine as well. Just because Ouija was itching to get to know the man beneath the layers of fur didn't mean that he would act upon his desires. Not unless the other should show the same interest as well. If that were the case then well, who knew what would happen.

He was careful with all of his work. He put care and concern into everything that he did. And of course he had multiples of his tools. He had to always make sure that he had a spare should something happen to the original. "Thanks, I'm quite proud of it myself." Which was the honest truth. It was one of his favorite pieces that he had ever crafted. His absolute favorite had to be the snakeskin gris gris that hung about his neck. That hadn't been easy at all. Snakeskin was thin and if handled too roughly then it would easily rip so to be able to stick it together and create it sturdy enough to hold all of the herbs and fur and such that he kept in it was quite an accomplishment in and of itself. So yes, he felt like he had the right to be proud of his work. After putting away his favored athame he pulled out the spare one that he kept with him as well. "You can have this one if you would like. I always make sure that I have extras. I haven't used this one before so it is still practically new. I made it just to make sure that I would have a second one should something happen to the first." He held out the hand crafted bone and wood weapon upon open and flat palms. This one was of lighter wood than the first and contained a star within the rounded and circular end of the intricate handle. The design showed that it had been originally made for ritualistic purposes but it was sturdy enough to handle everyday purposes as well.

He smiled as the heart was offered up. That was quite generous of him. It was the other's kill so he could easily save it for himself. Then again he doubted that this male knew of the power of the organs the way that Ouija had learned it. "Why not share it? The liver as well. Heart for the soul and extension on life, liver for the power and enhanced vision." Where he came from the organs weren't just meat but they had meaning and purpose. At least the heart and liver did. And well, he believed that consuming the eyes enhanced one's own sight. And these beliefs didn't allow for anything to go to waste. Everything had a purpose where he came from. Everything on the inside could be assumed. Except for the brains because they were used in the tanning process but what was left over after that then Ouija tended to consume. It was just silly to waste something that could end up being put to use. With what he was brought up with and taught he just couldn't throw something out. And winter would be the worst time to do such a thing.

He shook his head as the skewer was handed over towards him. "I don't need it. I don't mind getting my hands messy." Why should he since he had spread blood onto his own pelt just to add color to it. He had never used utensils to eat but had always used his hands. Perhaps it was on the savage side but he didn't mind it. Why should he when cleaning up a skin was a dirty process in and of itself. So no, he sat still and watched what the other did in order to set up the process. Of course he found the fire to be a smart idea. He kept one going in the lodge so that the water wouldn't freeze. He would also smoke strips of meat in order to make jerky for it to last longer. So of course he used a fire often.

After the organs had been harvested and placed on a plate he reached for Bangle's knife, simply because it was already out. He reached for the heart and liver in order to cut them in half so that they could be shared should the other have agreed to that. Of course he gave the more generous portion to the host since that was the polite thing to do. After he was done with the knife he wiped off the blade on his own thigh in order to clean the blood off of it before placing it back down where Bangle had originally set it in the first place. Even though he had been invited to eat he didn't start in on the meal yet. Rather he watched the other with the pelt instead.

"I use a knife to scrape it clean rather than wasting it water. Sometimes you get bits that are stubborn and refuse to be washed off easily so dragging the edge of a knife over it will remove anything that wishes to cling and allow for it to be cleaned evenly." Not that he was exactly trying to say that the other was wrong but Ouija wasn't one to waste anything and having to dump out and change the water just to be able to soak after cleaning was a waste to him. Now after that water sat with a pelt in it for three complete days he would dump out the water and refill it with fresh water. But that was the only time. Well that and the one with the brains in it, though that water was boiled and whatever was leftover from that was dumped out so he could start out fresh since it was likely to end up containing some other animal's brain after he had gotten done with it. Still it was days between when he would get rid of the water.

Once the other had started to eat did he finally feel comfortable enough to start eating. He felt it was improper to eat before the host did. So once Bangle placed food into his mouth did Ouija finally pick up an eye and popped it into his mouth the eat, biting into it to allow the juices to fill his mouth before swallowing. "It was the first place I reached. They were just starting out and one of the founding members deserted. They needed the help and since I knew no one and had nowhere else to be I offered." He said with a shrug. He just gave himself over to the first place that he had come to. They seemed to have needed the help and so he had offered. If his help hadn't been needed then he wouldn't have been here.

He allowed for small talk and eating to continue before he stretched. "I've been working in the hunting lodge. Have you been there before?" He stood up and motioned for the other to follow after him. "Come on, I'll show you some of what I've done." He started off in the direction of the hunting lodge. He knew from experience that the process of soaking and stretching would take a bit of time. And well he really didn't like to sit around and not have something in his hands to work on. He didn't like not having something to do. He wasn't the sort that could just sit idly by. "The space is a bit messy." Not really dirty or anything but on the cluttered side with the number of buckets he had sitting around with things that he was working on in them.

He walked into the lodge, leaving the door open for Bangle to have followed him in. Over the smoldering embers in the fireplace he had strips of meat on a rack that was currently drying out. "Feel free to help yourself. There is a mix there right now." He had recently skinned a few small animals and so the meat from each was currently being dried out in strips. Around near the fireplace were buckets of water that had pelts in them that he was soaking. The buckets of water near the stairs were the ones that had the brains in them that were waiting for the soaking process to be complete so that he could continue working on them. "The buckets near the fire are the ones that have the pelts that are soaking in them. Then I use the stairs to stretch them out so I keep the buckets with the water and brains over near the stairs so they don't get mixed up with the ones that hold the pelts. Of course I keep them lined up in the order that each needs to be done." He said as he explained his process and set up. He made his way through his maze of buckets to the pelts that he had piled up in the corner of the room. He picked up a few of these, picking through the pile to pick up one of each different animal that he had treated so that he could bring them over to show them off to Bangle. "These are the ones I have done so far." Among the pelts that he had picked up there was a moose, rabbit, beaver, deer, and ermine.

"Have you done any of these?" He asked as he laid out what he had picked up for the other craftsman to be able to examine. "What animals do you usually work on? Do you find that you like one over the other? Which is your favorite to work with?" He found himself curious and asking more questions back to back than he usually did. But he didn't meet to many, except those that he had worked side by side with in the cult, that shared in his talents and passion. So yes, he wanted to know more about what the other preferred to see if it matched his own experiences.

He motioned to one of the buckets that had a pelt soaking in it. "I think that one is my favorite so far. Only one that I have of it." The bucket contained the hide of a skunk that he had found. The contrast of colors is what had attracted him. And it was actually quite soft as well. But still it was the mix of colors that had intrigued him the most and had made him want it. He figured that he would turn it into a doll perhaps. He wasn't exactly sure what he wanted to do with it but figured that would be one he would keep for himself rather than making it to trade like the others. "Most of these are being made to trade since the leadership feels that they will serve well for that purpose."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]