A tune for the frost.
[html]
Sorry this took a while! Finally found the muse to start the thread :3. 3 points.

The day started out rather chilly, but the skies were clear and visible. Bangle started his trek out this morning with a long fur coat, and brought with him his tool belt, staff, and lute. He was feeling like he had to explore more of the pack territory, and an off-path adventure was just what the coywolf wanted. The lush forest was quiet, leaving the male alone to his thoughts to begin the day. The tunes of the birds soon brought a whistle to his lips, lifting his muzzle up and whistling loud, so that even the longest tower branches carried his tune to the sky.

His trail led him to a pathway that was yet to be carved out by the earth, yet some footprints had come and gone this way a few times. Bangle smiled, and he followed this pathway until the area around him began to close up a bit, and then bushes gave way to a small clearing. The red and gray male happily stepped into the small area, where a small lake flowed through it, and several rocks peppered the area. Though the natural sounds of the forest still echoed throughout the area, it was quieter, and brought a grand smile to the male's features.

Shrugging off his long coat and laying it across a boulder that stood out near the lake, the mixed male made himself at home. He laid his staff out on the ground, and the jewels which dangled from it made noise, as if to protest. The male then pulled the instrument from his back the moment he laid back on the rock, and placed the lute on his chest as he raised his right leg up and let his other dangle lazily. Finally finding a good spot to lay across the boulder, he looked up to the sky and let his fingers pluck the strings, allowing the lute to strum out whatever beat it wanted. As a tune stared up, the cool breeze whipped up and through the clearing, reminding anyone that the frost was just around the corner.

"To the frost," he said idly, lifting the lute up slightly as if to make a toast to the oncoming cold season. He closed his eyes and lay his head back, finding a tune that was soft, and a little haunting, his dreadlocks splayed across the boulder like a long-legged spider.
[/html]
[html]

300+

It had been almost two weeks since the pups had been born in Crimson Dreams, and the celebration and joy, while still present, had begun to wear off, at least for the young musician. Pixie had no family relation to the pups, after all, unlike a good amount of the pack, and besides, pups had never been a joyous thing for her in her old pack; it meant her parents’ attention would be spread even thinner around more siblings. Plus, at the moment, she had other things to do. She had remembered her promise to Skye and decided to ride to Cercatori D’Arte once more. The last time she had been here, she had gotten a tattoo but had not seen her friend. Now she rode through the woods on Magic at a fast trot, her cloak rustling in the breeze and her guitar strapped to her back. Hopefully she would be able to find Skye and start teaching her how to play guitar, and maybe learn a bit about reading and writing in return.

She slowed her steed down when they entered the pack territory, and she heard some sort of string instrument being played. It didn’t sound quite like a guitar; it sounded lighter and more high-pitched. She urged Magic onwards, but the chestnut stallion needed no direction; he heard the music, too, and was interested in it, and he carried Pixie towards its source. She heard a voice speak and perked her ears up at the mention of her self-given last name.

When they reached the clearing, Pixie dismounted her horse and looked for a moment at the other musician—some sort of coyote, it looked like, who was playing an instrument adorned with Cercatori D’Arte colors—before addressing him. “Frost is my name, ya know.” The wolfess walked towards the coyote hybrid and sat on a rock next to him. “Pixie Frost, to be precise. That’s a nice instrument, by the way. Did you paint it to match the colors of the pack around here?

<style type="text/css">
.pixiemusic1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1F211E; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #EDDFC0; }
.pixiemusic1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.pixiemusic1 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pixiemusic1 {margin:0 auto; width:466px; background-color:#7882A2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... emusic.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #2A2C37; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Don't mind Bangle's weirdness XD. 5 points.

Bangle's eyes were kept shut, the melody on his lute becoming louder, filling the skies with a song for the wintertime. The haunting sound rose and became a lighter tone, like a soft snow that gently drifted onto the lands. The male knew that indeed was soon to come, and he loved the outdoors, so as chilly as it was even with the sun out, he'd take advantage of being outside.

He did not stop when he heard the hoof-beats of a unicorn, the steps that signified it was being rode upon and directed, not a wild creature of any sort. The male kept his eyes shut, his dangling foot still tapping to the beat that was now descending to echo only throughout the clearing. When the presence of the unicorn and its rider was near, he opened one orange-yellow eye rather abruptly to see the female dismounting. She did not look threatening, though, but she smelled of a stranger. “Frost is my name, ya know.” He heard, his fingers still idly tuning away.
"esteemed colleague or foe?" The coywolf asked, not missing a beat. Bangle was still lying down on the rock, however, in no real hurry to get up, though he kept his one open eye upon her.

"That’s a nice instrument, by the way." He heard her mention, and then noted the colors that he had recently painted the lute. The male sat up, uncurling his feet so that they both dangled from the boulder, and leaned forward. As she took a seat, he cocked his head at her. He supposed she answered his question in this manner, feeling so easily welcome to sit next to him. His eyes turned upon his lute, the subject of discussion - the body of it was a pale yellow, bright and yet to really set into the wood.. so it obviously looked new. The handle was a dark purple in contrast to its body, but they still blended beautifully where the neck and the top of the drum began.

"Ya like it do ya? They're not all that hard to make, I can make ya a good deal if ya'd like one," he winked, giving a big, charismatic grin. There he went again with business. He didn't have much for sale on him now, he was more focused on enjoying the outdoors while he still could. Still, it never hurt to find customers when he could.

Bangle held the lute with his right hand, leaned forward a little more than what was needed, and stuck his left hand out towards the female on the neighboring rock. "Bangle. Bangle Guffawri. Whereabouts d'ya hail, miss Frost? Or do yeh just follow th' sounds of music often?" He said with a keen interest, moving to criss-cross his legs under him and placing the lute on his chest again. He let his fingers slowly roam over the strings, beginning to play again where he left off. His head turned in the direction of the stallion, keeping the grin on his muzzle. It had been some time since he had seen one, particularly one someone owned. "Well that's a marvelous creature," Bangle said, stressing the word 'marvelous'. He looked to Pixie and nodded his head towards the unicorn. "What's th' feller's name?"
[/html]
[html]

Hardly. Smile Sorry for the lateness, and the suckish post.

Pixie’s bright purple eyes stared back into the open orange-yellow one. “It really depends on your point of view, doesn’t it?” she asked with a chuckle. More seriously, she added, “I’d consider myself a esteemed colleague. I’m friends with Skye Collins, if you know her.” She wasn’t sure if this coyote was even a wizard of Cercatori D’Arte; he could have stolen the instrument from the pack. But if he was a trespasser, it wasn’t any of Pixie’s business to chase him off.

The coyote sat up, and the blue-gray wolf got a better look at his miniature guitar. It was a beautiful instrument. But at his offer to make one for her, she shook her head. His larger-than-life smile didn’t seem particularly trustworthy when it came to trading offers. “Nah, I’ve already gotten one.” She turned the strap of her guitar around so her own instrument was in front of her and plucked a few chords. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guitar that small before,” she remarked. “Is there a name for it?

She shook his hand firmly. “Nice to meetcha, Bangle. I’m from the pack south of here, Gryffindor. But I only joined a little more than a month ago. Up until then I was a traveler.” When Bangle complimented her steed, Pixie smiled proudly and turned around to look at the chestnut stallion. “You like him? His name’s Magic. I trained him myself.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiemusic1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1F211E; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #EDDFC0; }
.pixiemusic1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.pixiemusic1 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pixiemusic1 {margin:0 auto; width:466px; background-color:#7882A2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... emusic.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #2A2C37; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
+5. I told you earlier, but yeah I suck :d Do you forgive me if I make Pixie a table? XD

"I’d consider myself a esteemed colleague. I’m friends with Skye Collins, if you know her." Bangle grinned at the name. Of course he knew it. Whether she was a friend of anyone in the pack or not, the traveler didn't feel a need to drive anyone off unless they meant harm. "Well then, any friend'a hers is a friend of mine, miss Frost." He nodded his head, to assure both the female and himself, keeping the toothy grin plastered on his face, for reasons even he couldn't understand.

The male had noticed the interested look in the female's eye at his lute, and though she flat out denied him (as many others have before), the coywolf still had a sense that the interest in the instrument lingered. He opened his mouth to say something, then Pixie had brought her guitar around to her front, into his view. "I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guitar that small before. Is there a name for it?" His orange-yellow eyes widened some, somewhat surprised that the female hadn't heard of his kind of instrument before. As the female had plucked a few chords on her guitar, he followed suit with the melodic strings on his object. "Ya mean you've never seen a lute b'fore?" He wrapped his fingers around the neck of the yellow and purple painted instrument, and held it out to her in display. "They're quite small, but easy t' travel with! S'why I don't carry, y'know, one of those," he said as he pointed to her guitar.

"Of course.." He added quickly, looking into the female's eyes as he leaned in her direction. "The two could create quite a harmony t'gether." His voice was laced with a hint to the female, his way of asking her to join him in a duet. One eye winked at her, and as she shook his hand and let go, he set his lute down on the large boulder and made a step towards the animal. Bangle turned his head around to her, his dreadlocks flopping around about his shoulders. "A traveler, ya say? You and I aren't so dif'rent then. N' I've never been around th' Crimson Dreams lands, they're nice I take it?"

He took another step forward, but then hesitated. His eyes were transfixed on the beast before him. Bangle had never gotten really close to a horse before. Once he had thought of trading for one to make his traveling life easier, but that.. just didn't work out. "Erm, might I?" He asked the female, indicating he wanted to pet the four-legged creature. He put his palm up in the air, though he was still a bit far from the horse, who seemed to eye him warily. These creatures were miraculous, as helpful as they could be dangerous.
[/html]
[html]

I think my late post made up for it. Tongue Word Count: 300

So you’re part of Cercatori D’Arte, then?” Pixie asked. Even without knowing that his instrument’s purple and yellow colors were the same as the official ones for Skye Collins’s pack, she was almost sure Bangle was a part of the pack at this point, but he could easily be a friend of theirs, just as she was.

Pixie shook her head. “Nope, never seen one.” Like Jazper’s violin, the lute was smaller than her guitar and was a slightly different shape, but it was more similar to a guitar in looks and in sound than the Crimson Dream male’s instrument. “Guitars aren’t that difficult to transport. I just carry mine on my back.” It hurt a little, though, for her to be riding with her guitar bumping her healing tattoo. But a lute wasn’t likely to be any better.

She chuckled lightly at the coyote mix’s invitation. “I’d love to do a duet with you.” But then he stood up and made a move towards Magic, and instinctively she grew tense, not expecting him to go towards her horse. Not only was she protective of the stallion, she wasn’t sure if Magic was fully used to Bangle. Sure enough, the chestnut horse lifted his head up and stood still, watching the coywolf intently. “Yes, we’re pretty friendly with everyone,” Pixie said, watching both of them in case anything went wrong.

You can.” She stood up and walked towards Magic. “But I better stand next to him, just so he knows that you’re not going to kill him. Or me. He’s pretty paranoid, ya see.” When she got close enough, she placed a hand on the chestnut stallion’s shoulder, feeling him relax slightly at her touch. Then she nodded to Bangle, showing that it was alright for him to step forward.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiehorse1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#B5A99D; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #211511; }
.pixiehorse1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.pixiehorse1 p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pixiehorse1 {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#1D4C7B; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ehorse.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0B0301; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#09243F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

503 words. ;p

The traveling salesman nodded to her question about being part of the "pack of artists", as he heard some wolves say. It was what it was, though, so while some thought it was nothing but a bunch of pansies flitting around playing music and painting all day, others believed the arts were special. And some of those arts emerged from before people were wiped out, but even in their horrible death the arts lived on through the Luperci. Besides, there was a difference to dancing like a fool and actually learning to dance, or actually knowing color palettes when it came to paint, or the right angle at which to chip off wood on a carving. It was all intricate, as were Cercatori d'Arte's people.

Bangle shook his head, thinking it weird for thinking so deeply about the pack he hadn't even been in for that long. He practically grinned from ear to ear when Pixie took up his offer on playing a duet, his first he'd ever do in the lands of 'Souls. Turning back to the stallion, who did look slightly nervous, Bangle's ears twitched in anticipation. He wondered exactly how much faster one took to travel when riding on the back of one of these things, which would've also served to carry his heavy load. The traveler never minded walking, but then again he hadn't deeply considered horseback.

The red and gray furred male watched as Pixie approached the stallion, and he remained right where he was. His eyes watched her touch the horse, whose muscles were once taut at his approach. Bangle barked out a laugh into the air at Pixie's mention of killing a horse. "Do I look that threatenin' with all mah furs, feathers, n' bones?" He asked, though it was more rhetorical than anything. His orange-yellow eyes looked down at himself for a moment, then shrugged. "Well, maybe, but I'd never kill one!" Bangle said, mostly sincerely. Keeping his hand raised, he tried to lean closer to touch the stallion's nose, but the horse flinched once. The coywolf, too, drew his hand back for a moment before trying again. This time it was a success, as he felt the stallion's strong muscles through his nose and his cheeks. Bangle knew the stallion was still nervous, but with its owner next to him, there was nothing to fear.

There was a brief silence as Bangle gently stroked the muzzle of the horse, as if it were something delicate under his touch and would break with anymore pressure. Of course, that couldn't be farther from the truth, but as the traveler kept his hand on the stallion, he then licked his lips in thought. "Wonder what they taste like.." He mumbled, intently loud enough for the female to hear. Letting his hand fall from the stallion, Bangle looked over at the female and began that deep rumble of laughter he was well known for. "Kiddin', miss Frost! Only kiddin'!" He said, putting both his hands up in defense.

<style type="text/css">
.Bangle_instyle b {font-weight:bold; color:#2b475a; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5f5fa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Bangle_instyle .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Bangle_instyle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Bangle_instyle {margin:0px auto; width:468px; background-color:#747f68; border:2px solid #122022; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#70471b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I can’t stop looking at your cute-as-a-psychotic-button avatar. XD Word Count: 537

Pixie couldn’t help but laugh at Bangle’s humongous grin. He was so cheerful and carefree, not uptight in the slightest. Sure, he was a bit of a con artist, but at least he seemed to seriously consider her a friend and not just a customer. He did seem a little nervous about Magic, but that wasn’t too much of a surprise. Not every canine was an equine lover; she had known that for as long as she had been one. And Magic himself, being a stallion, was potentially dangerous, though she had never seen him purposely hurt anyone save for a few other bachelor stallions in the herd he used to live in.

The young musician saw the chestnut horse’s ears prick up when he heard Bangle’s laugh, but he seemed more relaxed than he had been when the male first started to approach him. Um, yes, she silently answered the coyote mix’s question, seeing that he wasn’t looking for an answer. “I believe you,” she said out loud, nodding to him. “But you have to make him believe. He doesn’t speak high speech, but talking to him softly helps calm him.” Horses didn’t have the best vision, their eyes being placed at the sides of their head, creating a blind spot in the center of their vision. But their ears, which could swivel more than one hundred and eighty degrees, made up for their poor sight, and making yourself known by speaking softly to them made them less suspicious of you.

Watching closely as her horse flinched once before letting the Cercatori male place a hand on him, she let out a sigh of relief and realized she had been holding her breath. She could feel the anxiety gradually leave Magic as well, though naturally he was still a little cautious; he had just met Bangle, after all, and he still had some of the wildness that he had been born with. For the most part, Pixie was already becoming very trustful of Bangle, though due to what had happened with Ouija, she was a little more wild and cautious as well. Then she heard him murmur his thoughts on what the horse might taste like, and instantly she narrowed her purple eyes at him. “What was that?” she asked, a hint of a growl in her voice. Before she could say anything else, he started laughing, resulting in her facial expression going from angry to confused to annoyed when she realized he was only joking.

Ha ha, very funny, Bangle.” Giving him a light but well-deserved punch to his shoulder, she pat her horse’s neck. “Don’t worry, Maj, he just made a stupid joke,” she told the stallion, even though she knew he couldn’t understand him. In response, the horse, who was now no longer fearful of Bangle, bent his head down and began grazing. Chuckling lightly at Magic’s never-ending quest for food, the blue-gray female turned back to Bangle. “By the way, I’ve been wondering…what exactly are you? You don’t look much like a wolf. Are you a coyote?” There really was no polite way to ask him that Pixie could see, and the question had been plaguing her ever since she saw him.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiehorse1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#B5A99D; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #211511; }
.pixiehorse1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.pixiehorse1 p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pixiehorse1 {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#1D4C7B; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ehorse.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0B0301; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#09243F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]