Shotguns and Hand Grenades
[html]::OUT OF CHARACTER::
* Character Name: Sky Katruk
* Character Birthdate (including year): November 5th, 2008
* Luperci?: Yes.
* Species: Gray Wolf x Belgian Tervuren Dog (50/50)
* Preferred Ark Rank: Singer
* A Secondary Form of Contact: MSN: Mavkitty@hotmail.com
* Currently Played Characters: ...this is it. Big Grin
* How You Found 'Souls: Top 50 Canine RPG sites listing thing.
* Initial Post: Scroll Down, puppies. <3

::IN CHARACTER::

How could anyone deal with this freezing weather? The cold winds battered her side as Sky made her way along the slightly northward eastern shore of Beast's Grin Peninsula. Her goal was to reach the nearest territory, now that she had finally left behind her birthplace of Yarmouth. Aniwaya would've been closer, or even Crimson Dreams, but having spied on both packs a day each, Sky had decided it too out of her league to join either. Now her new goal was to reach Cercatori D'Arte, the laid-back group of artistic wolves to the East. She felt they'd accept her, even being the hybrid she was, if she could only prove her worth with a song or a sketch.

Her paws were numb from the cold shore's sand by the time she reached the outskirts of the territory, her walk coming to a stop just as she reached the border. Sky's blue eyes searched for any signs of canine life, and in finding none, she decided to rest her worries a minute or two before calling out. What's the harm in that? Legs tucking in and under, she found herself a spot to lay, and rested her head on her forepaws. "Wait for the feeling to return in your legs," she mused to herself, "and then you can try singing your way into freedom." With a sigh, she allowed her eyelids to grow heavy, and soon enough she was fighting off a daring sleep.

Her few minutes became hours, and by the time she stood again, awake if only just barely, the sun had fallen long ago, and so had the moon. Alone under the night's star-filled skies, she paced to warm herself. It's not getting any warmer, you dumb dog. Howl now or die a loner! She stopped and turned to the forested barrier between her and Cercatori's hometurf. This is it. Get your voice warmed up before they come, and you should be singing for your supper tonight. With little hesitation, she let a few coughed yelps escape before tossing her head back in a chilling, drawn-out, slightly quivering howl, one that easily echoed for miles. Energy spent for now, the tired, frozen wolfdog settled back down to warm her paws beneath her fur. And now, we wait.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Hi! Welcome to Souls! :3

Skye was in a good mood; her thick fur protected her from the coldness that was setting in, and it seemed it was setting in fast; it was winter, so the days were shorter and the night seemed to come faster and faster than it normally did. The world was bathed in darkness; or, it would be, if the moon wasn't bright and shining, spilling its light on everything it touched.

Skye had accepted a member into their ranks just hours before, and she was happy. But then, she heard a howl that split the night; was it...?

She raced, in her Optime form, to the howl that had sounded through the thick and dense forests in the territory that was her pack, and stopped when she found a canine. She had the scent of a wolf, but also of another - perhaps dog? It didn't matter. She wasn't trespassing, so she assumed that she, too, wanted to join the pack. How wonderful! Two joiners in one day. The pack was growing each day, and Skye hoped it would keep that way.

"Hello," she said, a semi-formal note in her voice. "I'm Skye Collins, the co-leader of Cercatori d'Arte. May I help you?"

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

((OOC: I need a table... I think I'll make one.))

The younger brown wolf had been dozing off again. It was the crunching of feet coming her way that woke her from her trance, head snapping up as if she'd been shot. Of course, the yelp helped to add to the whole 'suddenly shot' effect. She was in her lupus form, of course, so tilting her head up a bit to look at the other wolf with tired eyes was the only way to spot the light-colored coat and the beautiful red-hued eyes. And then, slowly, the other's words sunk in.

Co-leader. Get your stupid fat head down, you idiot! Sky's mind screamed, her head following unspoken instructions. The tiny cracking sound that came from one of her joints earned another tiny squeak, before finally, barrings together, the hybrid coughed and found her voice.

"Good Hunt, Missus. Actually, you're just one of the wolves I hoped to see." Her voice cracked a bit, and smoothed out as she continued. "I've traveled for many days now, so forgive me if I sound tired. My name, and this might amuse you Missus, is Sky. Sky Katruk. I've traveled this far in hopes of joining Cercatori D'Arte." Head low, but a wry smile warming the hybrid's expression into something much more friendly than exhaustion, young miss Sky seemed plenty ready to strut her singing stuff. "An artistic pack, right? Got any song requests?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc: You could make one, and there are plenty of nice people who would make one for you in the Requests section of the Talents forum! ^^

It seemed that Skye had caught this other wolf sleeping, and she smiled kindly as the wolf woke up. Her pelt didn't seem quite as thick as Skye's own, and she wondered if she was cold. Well, that was no problem - the thick forests provided plenty of protection from the biting wind that frequented the plain so often.

As the wolf - who introduced herself as, funnily enough, Sky Katruk - spoke, Skye decided that she liked her. She had personality, and seemed to know her stuff. In fact, she seemed to know a lot - that Cercatori d'Arte was an artistic pack, and that it accepted all sorts of artistic people.

She smiled as Sky asked to join the pack. "We'd be delighted to have you as a member, Sky," she said. "Do you have any talents, artistic or otherwise, that may help the pack?" Skye didn't really mind if she didn't - it didn't matter, as long as she was willing to help.

As Sky asked if she had any song requests, Skye was momentarily confused. She had no instrument? But there was also singing, and Skye loved songs of any kind. "Whatever you're most comfortable with," she said, bemused.

<style>
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

((OOC: I think all I need is a coder to make it work. I have a character that just can't be edited from a photo without being just right, cause it's nearly impossible to find pictures of her breed crossed with a wolf. And below, Sky's voice is a younger, softer version to the original Celtic Woman, if you can imagine it. Unlike me, Sky is an amazing singer. XD))

With a slight bow at the 'anything you want', Sky smiled, backed up and sighed a breathless sigh. Her form shifted, her voice dulled by her feral form was not good enough for the second in command. Decided so, her form grew, shifted and morphed, until she was able to stand on two long, toned legs. Her voice was softer now, not hued by the growls of her feral form. "A quick hunter, and a swift singer. Here's one of my personal favorites by her lady, the Celtic Woman." With her introduction made, Sky took a breath and her voice rose in song;

I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call, and I'll set you free"

Sky's voice was soft, even and well trained. Singing had been something her older sister Dusk had encouraged greatly, and so she'd practiced often in her aging two years. In her singing, her eyes closed, her hands and body shifting with an unheard music.

"I am the voice in the wind
and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice, I will remain

I am the voice in the fields
when the summer's gone
The dance of the leaves
when the autumn winds blow
Ne'er do I sleep thoughout
all the cold winter long
I am the force
that in springtime will grow

Her short cut song ended, Sky bowed deeply, head down and arm extended gallantly. Her longer-than-average tail swung slowly twice, before settling limp behind her still bowed form. Echoed voices of her song seemed to hang in the air, shifting clouds adding to the suddenly chilling atmosphere. Sky took a few breaths as she waited for the pack wolf's response and jury. Best song I know. Please let her be impressed...

<style>
.skysong p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.skysong b {font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #6E4B35; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Sky's very pretty. :3 And so's her singing! xD i'll accept her, and then we can continue the thread. :3

Skye suddenly forgot everything as the young girl who wanted to join Cercatori d'Arte sang; it was like her voice was an instrument all her own, pure and beautiful and soft. She waited until she was done, and when she was, she clapped her hands; it seemed the only thing to do after such a performance.

"Wow! You're quite the beautiful singer," Skye complimented. And she was; Skye had never heard singing like that; in fact, the only time she'd really heard music was from Shawchert's flute and other instruments like Pixie's guitar. She'd never heard such sounds come from a wolf's throat before, and was glad to be aware of this now. She smiled at her, sure she'd be a wonderful addition to the pack.

"I'm sure you'll fit wonderfully in the pack," she said, delighted. "Are there any other skills you have?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls! You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too!

[/html]
[html]

As she heard the clapping from the paler wolf, Sky's head slowly rose, her body following, leaving no trace of the bow as her arm came down to her side. The dog in her forced that long tail to sway side to side, less than quickly. "So you liked it? Thank you so much!" The smile on her face was bright and shining, contrasting the wolfdog's icey blue eyes in a stunning way. Clear as day, she was impressed with herself almost as much as Skye was with her.

Upon hearing that she'd been admitted into the pack however, Sky seemed to start bubbling, despite her numbing chills. "Skills other than singing... I believe I've said that I can sketch and write, but more towards packlife, and helping out around there... I can hunt very well on my own, and I'm a quick fighter, if not totally brutal." She listed off her other skills with fingers held up for each one, thinking hard as to what she was good at.

"I can tolerate pups, in case the parents have to hunt or leave for whatever reason, and need a sitter. I make a mean gumbo, too!" The last bit was said with a grin and a laugh, before the wolfdog settled back into her calm state. "Not that I'm bragging... that's about all I'm good at, anyway." She snapped her arms behind her and rocked a bit on her paws, suddenly looking very young. "My sister taught me everything I know, and I've been on my own for a while. I adjust quickly though, and I can almost promise you that you'll have a good packmate in me."

<style>
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #6E4B35; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: yayyy! ^^ want to wrap this up?

Skye smiled as she heard the girl's exclamations of delight. She believed that every time a new member was accepted into any pack, it was a gest on the accepter's part; it was like she had opened up a new chapter to that person's life, and opened the door to let them start anew. And as the girl talked on, Skye grew happier. Sketching and writing, two of the things that Skye herself enjoyed. And although she laughed in her head at the thought of herself singing, she was glad there were others in her pack that shared her interests.

Skye laughed at the joke she'd made, glad to see that this new member also had a sense of humor. And the mention of pups brought her mind far away; there weren't any pups in Cercatori d'Arte...at least, not yet...those words chilled her heart and she involuntarily shuddered. Not yet...she wondered who would be the first? It didn't seem that any of the people in Cercatori d'Arte were very attracted to each other...yet.

She brought her mind back to the task on hand, banishing those strange thoughts, and smoothed her face into something more amiable. "I know I will," Skye said, and grinned once more. "It's nice to meet you, Sky, and I hope I see you around!"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Totally. This can be the last post, if you want. I've been planning on dragging mister captain into a thread with me next, if he's up to it. >3

Sky seemed to hear only a few words, her excitement bubbling up like an overflowing pot of pasta. Her mind raced. I've done it! I'm in a pack! I'm not alone anymore, and Skye seems like a super friend. If Dusk were here, she'd be proud of me, I just know it! She'd probably not totally approve of me being in a 'pansy artsy pack' but I could totally care less. Oh wait, she's talkinga gain! She perked her ears as if she'd been listening, and grinned. "Awesome, nice meeting you. There's a shelter nearby, right? I'm freezing!" And with that said, a new chapter did so open for Sky, and as the creators put pen to paper, few could guess the things she'd experience as a member of Cercatori D'Arte.

<style>
</style>
[/html]