Traditional trades.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

+2 OOC: <3

Liliana had learned about a new pack not too far from where they were, and she wanted to welcome them. She figured something nice for a possible trade would help out. She thought only of the horses, well she wasn’t sure what the pack was like, but she had a wide veriety of horses, though she wasn’t going to take them all. She was going to pick one and hope for the best. She found a horse, though he was new to the stables, she thought he would be a good present, he was an appaloosa, a beautiful spotted stallion, he was a favorite of hers, but she couldn’t keep all the horses she liked. She had to tack up Grace to pull the horse along, she wasn’t going to toss them into the fray and hope both stay with her, though she was not worried about her own mare. The stallion she was.

Once she had finished getting her provisions and extra hay and such, she set out thinking… wondering what this pack was like. She had just heard rumors, though she wasn’t going to believe in a performing pack of wierdos till she saw it. The scenery was quite a blur for her, though she wasn’t running the horses as fast as they could go. On the contrary she was actually going at a slow trot as to not tangle the two up, but as she neared the borders of the lands, she felt as though she’d only been riding for a few minutes. This would be her second time actually trying to trade with anyone, though she doubted they could be anything like Jefferson, who’d goaded her on to actually stick up for herself, but she supposed he was actually testing her, but that was then and this was now.
She jumped off of Grace in a nice graceful movement, and lifted her head and gave a long howl, letting the leader or anyone nearby that someone was there, and it was a peaceful meeting. Though she was not use to it, or her voice made for it, as she was built more a dog, she was able to pull it off as nicely as any full blooded wolf.

[/html]
[html]

"Once I ran to you...now I run from you! Give you all a girl can give you, take my tears and that's not nearly all! Tainted love!!" Skye sang, and quite loudly at that. She'd stole into what seemed to be a music room of sorts, and found a sheet with those lyrics on it in the Dalhousie University. The date on it said 1985, which was before the humans died - so it must have been a song that the humans had written. And so she made up a tune for the lyrics, which wasn't too far from what it actually was, and sang...but not very well. Skye wasn't a natural born singer, nor would she ever be; her soft and feathery voice tuned up sounded plain and ordinary, and what she thought was carrying a tune was simply shouting out lyrics with some sort of beat to it. But she sang because she wanted to, and she ambled about the territory, singing and dancing to "Tainted Love".

She hardly noticed when she heard a loud howl right behind her. Spinning around, she saw through the trees a dark Luperci with two horses. One was behind her and she couldn't see it that well, but one was next to her - he was magnificent, a white horse dappled with black spots. She pushed her way through the trees, slightly abashed at the fact that this girl had obviously heard her quite bad singing. She dipped her head and smiled.

"Hello; I am the co-leader of Cercatori d'Arte, Skye Collins. How may I help you?"

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

OOC: crappy post sorry ; ;

Liliana heard a voice singing, though she had never heard anyone sing before she wasn’t sure how long she’d want this one to go on, but it stopped after her howl and out popped a pale wolf who introduced her as the co leader of the new pack, which she now had a name for. Liliana gave her sweetest smile.

I’m Liliana, I’m a part of Muggles, I have come offering a trade if you would like?

Liliana said, she didn’t indicate the paint as the source of her trade she wanted to see if the woman wanted to trade in the first place. The stallion nickered, shaking his head, and Grace, who was normally right next to Liliana was feeling quite jealous. She made no motion though and Liliana ignored both the horses right now. Liliana didn’t know what they had to trade or anything, but if something came up… well she’d certainly take up whatever it was as long as it was worth a unicorn.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: it's okay! heh...muggles.. ^^

"I’m Liliana, I’m a part of Muggles, I have come offering a trade if you would like?"

Skye smiled. She'd met the leader of Muggles, Dawali, and he'd been quite nice. She liked the sound of the tribal pack - from what she'd gathered of it, they used horses, hunted with weapons such as bows and arrows, used feathers and beads to adorn themselves and their hair, and seemed to have a powerful and enticing smell of crops and horses mixed together. And Liliana wanted to trade?

She looked at the white and brown cat and smiled. "But of course!" she exclaimed. "What would you like to trade? And what would you like for it?" This was what Shawchert had been talking about when he'd said trading; Skye had plenty of things she could trade. There were multitudes of things she could trade for in her house; knives, utensils, wood, furs, skins, furniture, clothes, weapons, sheets. The possibilities were endless. And the possibilities in return - animals, meat - would help her pack grow and prosper during the colder months of summer.

<style>
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short post faaaiilll

She smiled at the woman’s acceptance of the trade offer, and pulled the appaloosa towards the white wolf.

I’ve never really had much, but I do have a unicorn, and feed enough for most of the summer.

She said giving the stallion a pat on the neck, she didn’t know if they had proper boarding for the unicorn, she hoped they did, or they would before the cold season came in.

As for your trade… well I heard this place had writers, which means there are readers here?

She felt awkward asking such a think but she wanted to learn to read, even if it was simple stuff, and possibly write, but reading was surely worth a unicorn. She stared at Skye unsure before she blurted.

Because I would very much like to learn.

She wanted it out of her mouth as quickly as she could because she didn’t know if most wolves did know how to read, she just knew she couldn’t and she had one book in her hut that she dearly wanted to know what it said, and it was like it was something very important that had to be seen.

<style>
.lili-horse1-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse1 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse1 b {color:#554531; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/20 ... horse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-border {width:322px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: likewise >.<

Skye grinned when the girl said she was going to trade the unicorn for something, and pulled the beautiful white speckled stallion towards her. Skye was lost in the Appaloosa's eyes - this unicorn was easily one of the most beautiful things she'd ever seen. She put her hand hesitantly on the unicorn's nose, delighted that she may be the new owner of such a thing.

She then grinned once more when the girl asked if there was someone who knew how to read, because she wanted to learn how. "I read!" she exclaimed. "I write as well. If you want, I can teach you how to do both!" Skye was suddenly aware of how many people wanted her to teach them how to read and write. She was glad to have such a skill in this world, a skill that was so useful - if you could learn how to read, you could unlock the secrets of years and years of experience.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No, writing later maybe, I just want to read right now,

She said, hoping that they had time to learn so that she could have something to do in the long summer months, though she was sure she’d be spending much of her time with her beloved. She knew there’d be a time where they wouldn’t be together and it would be quite boring without half the word needing to be done, though her work was never finished as she would still tend to the horses.

So a trade then? The unicorn for lessons? Do you know how to ride one? Feed one? I don’t want to trade you and not teach you, it’s not too difficult to take care of a unicorn.

She said, knowing her mother had given up horses to wolves who never knew a thing about them, but Liliana wanted to be a bit different on that and wanted to at least make sure Skye would have the basic knowledge of owning a unicorn, especially with one of Liliana’s favorite finds.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

So a trade then? The unicorn for lessons? Do you know how to ride one? Feed one? I don’t want to trade you and not teach you, it’s not too difficult to take care of a unicorn.

Skye in fact knew little to nothing about horses, so she nodded. "I'd love to learn," she said enthusiastically. She knew what horses ate, or at least some of it - apples, oats, those sorts of things - and carrots, too - but she didn't know how to treat them, other than nicely. She always treated creatures kindly, but perhaps horses needed a special treatment - a special kind of food, maybe, or a special way of riding them other than just getting on their back and shouting 'go!'

But she was glad to hear that it wasn't difficult to take care of a horse; she had been afraid that it might be, and she'd not be able to handle it. "How often do you want to meet for reading lessons?" Skye asked. She had settled with Pixie for once a month, Saul for whenever they met, and the others for whenever. She liked having a set time, though.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+5 OOC:You Ninja’d me >.> I didn’t see your reply! Also we can work on ending this soon <3

She was glad that Skye was willing t work things out, and she smiled at that. Pulling the horse to Skye.

Well you have to remember one thing, horses, they are still wild creatures and still animals with their own minds, multiply that with their size and strength and that’s a lot of power, so you must respect the horse as much as you respect yourself. A horse, they eat hay, wheat, and oats, even graze on grass but do not let just one of those things be in their diet, they need a variety, I’ve got stores in AniWaya.

She stopped to let that soak in… she never normally talked so much but there was a lot to be said in one go, and she wanted Skye to understand it was simple, to take care of a horse, yet not so much.

Just like you a horse will need brushing, constantly if you ride him often. It’s not hard, just make sure never to go against the fur of a horse when brushing, short strokes, they also get stuff in their hooves. To lift it do this.

She stood by the spotted horse and put her hand on his shoulder and ran it down the length of his leg which he automatically lifted. She’d painstakingly taught all her horses this so that it was much easier to get under their hooves.

Use a pick, not too sharp to get any of the gunk out, you’ll know when you hit the hoof part. The back foot when they lift it, support it with your knee and work. Always do this before and after you ride, it’s very uncomfortable to the horse to walk around with their feces and rocks in their hooves.

She let the horse have his leg back and stood again, the horses ears were all attention to the wolfdog.

To ride a horse, I’m afraid I don’t have any extra tack, you will sadly have to learn bareback, but it’s not hard, you go to the left side of the horse, take up a bit of it’s back mane, don’t worry he won’t feel a thing, and pull yourself up.

She demonstrated on the horse. she still had a hold of the harness rope she had which could be used difficultly like reigns but she wouldn’t use it like that. It was still a way of controlling him. He stood there docile, his ears pulled back waiting for instructions.

Now the animals I teach learn by body language, the tighter you hold on, the faster they will go, so if he startles you, stay calm, keep your legs loose. I do have a bridle for you at least, but it isn’t on him… just know that when you loosen the reigns he will speed up a bit, but tighten the reigns too much and he will go a bit more quicker than you would hope, always try to keep them loose unless you want to go a bit faster, but never have them tight so the horse cannot use his head properly… though I don’t think he’d have a hard time getting away, he’s a pretty strong animal.

She breathed from talking so much… she wasn’t one for much talk but to actually have someone understand a horse in a short period of time. There was no choice, she slid off the horses back, and smiled at Skye hoping she got what she’d said.

Any questions?

She asked with a smile on her face. She had to think about the lessns, it wan’t a hop skip and a jump away from Aniwaya, but this was the closest place.

Once a week if possible, but we can always do it every other week. I’m afraid I cannot do it today though I have much to do, but I will call you up soon enough.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: sorry for the delay!

Skye listened as Liliana described the care and keeping of horses. The horse nodded and tossed his head while she spoke, giving the speech an animated feel. Skye learned that it was important to give a horse variety in his foods; not just one type, but many. She made a note of that, and reminded herself to go back to the apple orchard and pick some apples to feed the horse with. She didn't want to give him malnourishment, and she wanted him to be as healthy and happy as could be.

She also learned that they needed to be groomed - no surprise there; the horse was very hairy. They also had hooves that needed to be cleaned out, which Skye hadn't known. She also didn't know what a 'tack' was, so she had thought she'd learn bareback anyway. She nodded as Liliana described all these things with ease, and made mental notes. She wouldn't forget these important points of her horse training.

"I have no questions," Skye said. "Thank you very much for this horse! He's so beautiful. And once a week will be perfect," she said. She was so happy - she'd have a horse! This would make traveling much easier, and having a constant companion would be good for Skye.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

OOC: Sorry it’s short but once you read this you can close it Big Grin

It was quiet, but not eerily, she could tell that Skye was soaking everything in, letting herself get use to the idea that she had an animal to take care of, and she waited patiently as Skye let everything go through her head before she spoke. Liliana smiled at this, she took a hold of Grace’s reigns.

I’m glad then, I will be back for that promised lesson, but I’m afraid there’s other things to do, and people to see, if you have any questions I do live in AniWaya.

She said, then lifted herself up onto Grace, and nodded down to Skye before cantering off into the thick of the trees.

[/html]