another lonely day with no one here but me
[html]

It had been several days, but how many exactly, he had no idea. Larkspur had lived like this for his entire life. Hours and the passing of the sun came and went by without him realizing it. He had been sleeping for what felt like eons. Unprepared for such a thing, it had surprised him. He woke in a building. This eased him only slightly, for it was not the one he had come to recognize. Slowly, his thoughts gathered themselves. He was no longer a pack wolf, and Dahlia’s scent was fast-fading from his pelt.

He had come to the one-room cabin that Misery and he had lived in so many months ago. It felt smaller now. Maybe he had grown. He didn’t know. The wolf grunted and rose to his feet. He was still in his Optime form. This was good. That was the form he remembered being in when he had passed through Phoenix Valley, meeting the scarred man with the one eye. Jefferson had reminded him of the gray coyote. Her face was one of nightmarish things, and Larkspur knew a thing or two about nightmares.

The mare was grazing when he found her outside. She was hungry and snorted displeasure to her owner, who dismissed it with a low mumbled response. They would both need food. It would be more difficult hunting on his own, but Larkspur believed himself capable of such a thing. Still, he would need to ensure the horse fed first. He traveled idly away from the small cabin and began searching for the red fruit Misery had told him horses enjoyed, one of his many empty bags in hand. His steps were heavy and his hair unkempt, eyes foggy—his mind was somewhere else entirely.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Skye was walking along the city streets...okay, not really, but it sounded good that way in her head. She liked being able to narrate her life in a manner of speaking, and liked to make it sound good. 'Skye was walking along' sounded dumb without a catchy title after it...even if it wasn't true. But then again, Skye reasoned with herself, stories are almost never true. You'd have to be really dumb to believe some of them, like the ones with 'unicorns' and 'dragons' and whatever those strange creatures are.

She then came across a cabin. She was slightly curious; a horse was parked outside of it, and all thoughts of stories were wiped from her mind. There was a person in there, she knew it; there was noise, and the scent of wolf was fresh in her nose. She looked at the horse, who seemed to be hungry.

Hesitantly, she drew an apple from the pack she'd found in her house and lay it down in front of the horse. She wondered if it would eat it, or leave it alone; she knew horses liked apples, at least. She hoped whoever owned the horse wouldn't mind...

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Larkspur is in the Dampwoods, in a creeper-cabin outside of Musquodoboit Valley. There aren't really any other houses around, though I probably should have made that clear in my first post. ^^

It didn’t take long for Larkspur to realize something was amiss. His horse, a rather silent creature, began making a ruckus behind him. He turned quickly and headed back out of the woods, almost immediately finding the source of the commotion. Not far from his home was a white wolf. She had put something near the mare, who while used to Larkspur, was unfamiliar with other wolves and started at the approach. As the dark man appeared by the tree line she trotted over to him, whinnying loudly. Though he did not make a motion to calm her, the orange-eyed wolf sensed her agitation and felt it fuel his own.

“Hey!” He barked, advancing towards the woman. Though he had been a pack wolf, being a loner meant there were different rules, different ways that things worked. He was on his own. Everyone was a potential danger.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Okay! :3

Skye knew something was wrong when the horse began to whinny and make lots of sound, not touching the apple. She backed away, knowing that those hooves could be fatal to a wolf if they crashed down on her. And sure enough, a black wolf came out of the cabin that was nestled in the woods.

He had several scars littering his black body, and golden eyes that gleamed in the dim light the trees let filter through. He looked at the horse, then at Skye, and Skye could tell he wasn't very happy.

The wolf then shouted out a loud 'hey!' and began to advance towards her. Skye instinctively backed away, her hands up as to tell him she wasn't trying to hurt him or his horse. "I - I - Sorry!" she squeaked, suddenly afraid. "I didn't mean - your horse - just looked a little hungry," she finished in a whisper, motioning to the uneaten apple on the ground. Why did she always have to be so stupid! If this was this guy's horse, she shouldn't have done anything! Now surely he was angry with her for trespassing on his territory unannounced. She remembered how Shaw reacted to those sorts of things and cringed.

<style>
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Please don't mind Mr.Crazy-Pants.

The she-wolf started. Larkspur took this, and her frantic retreat, as a sign of guilt. After all, why would she run if she had done nothing wrong? He glared at her exposed palms. There was no hostility in her, but the white wolf had seen acts like this before. He was not capable of performing them himself—Larkspur lacked tact—but he did not doubt that any wolf here would sink to such a thing. The Dahlian’s had been like that. Pretending that things were okay, pretending they were strong, it was all one big lie and it had not settled with the D’Angelo.

He growled, the sound a low, menacing thing. “Yeah, and y’ain’t tryin’ to steal it neither, ah?” This was the same ploy he had used to steal the unicorn in the first place. Misery had taught him that trick. Lure the stupid thing in, put a rope around its face, and that was it. Riding her had been more difficult, but that was no fault of the unicorn’s. Though unarmed, the weight of Larkspur’s frame (and the thickening fur) was enough to speak for his capacity for violence.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: xD i dont! just dont mind my scaredy-cat whiny skye! and lol unicorn

“Yeah, and y’ain’t tryin’ to steal it neither, ah?”

"No, no, I really wasn't!" Skye squeaked yet again, angry at herself for making such a dangerous move in front of what seemed to be a violent and now angry wolf's house. She had now backed into a tower, and with frantic looks on either side, she realized the place was surrounded by trees - and, due to her obliviousness before, she hadn't realized that it was a deep forest with which she was still unfamiliar. She wasn't sure why she'd strayed so far from Hufflepuff, but now she wished she hadn't. Or, at least, she wished she explored the territories without interfering with other things.

"I was j-just exploring the territory - cause I don't know it all that well - well, I just came here from the mountains - but anyway, I was just exploring - I come from Hufflepuff - new pack - d-don't know if you've ever heard of it?" Skye babbled, trying to ease the anger of this wolf. "It's not too far from Slytherin, if you heard of - well, anyway, I was just exploring, to get better at knowing the t-territory, you know, and I just saw your unicorn and she looked hungry...and I just had some apples! I really wasn't trying to st-steal him! I'll leave if you want!" she gushed, aware that she had talked probably far too much for her own good and had changed the gender of the man's unicorn several times.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He remained still, trying to weigh the words. The girl looked panicked—she looked downright terrified. Yet as he listened the dark wolf realized her story didn’t sound all that strange. She was from a new pack (this he could smell) and she was not used to the territory. She certainly was dumb enough to be one of Conor’s wolves, but he did not smell the orange wolf on her. Though his suspicions were far from gone, Larkspur did not think she was lying about the unicorn. Besides, his mare was far too flighty to go with just any wolf.

“Yer a bit far from home,” he grunted, though his body relaxed. “N’I ain’t a fan of people walkin’ around mah home uninvited. Keep yer nose open next time and maybe yu’ll remember that.” Grabbing the twine around the mare’s neck, he began leading her back towards the small cabin. “But if y’want,” he added, though he did not look towards the frightened she-wolf. “, y’can help me find some more of those.” This time, he pointed to the apple, pausing to pick it up. His unicorn snorted anxiously, and took it from him as soon as it was offered.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

“Yer a bit far from home, n’I ain’t a fan of people walkin’ around mah home uninvited. Keep yer nose open next time and maybe yu’ll remember that.”

Skye nodded, glad that the wolf was relaxed and not about to attack her for trespassing. She made a mental note to always scent before approaching someone's territory, unicorn, or house, since you could never know when they took it badly. She knew that Shawchert, likely a better leader than her, hated it whenever someone trespassed on Hufflepuff packlands, and always was angry with them, if not about to chase them off. Perhaps she should also be more cautious around trespassers, and more defensive as well.

When the ebony wolf mentioned the apples, Skye nodded. "Okay! I have a lot of them, here!" she exclaimed, not as afraid as she had been anymore. She opened her pack, revealing the many apples she'd packed as well as two peaches, her knife, her journal, and her pencil. She hadn't been sure how long she'd be away exploring, or if she'd meet anyone - and now she was glad she had brought so much food.

She took several apples by their stem and handed them to the wolf as an offering. Although she wasn't dumb enough to say it, he looked like he needed feeding just about as badly as his unicorn. She looked around the forest and wasn't surprised - even the bright sun didn't enspirit these drab woods that contained no fruit or food. And where there was no plant food, there were no animals, either.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I am sorry he is a jerk

Larkspur snorted. He was surprised by her…well, her dumbness. Then again, she was a white wolf. He felt as if their coats had done something to their brains. Holy or not, he now realized he had no desire to join them. The white blaze on his chest had been proof enough he was on the right path. If he remained Tak’s sacred color, he would be pleased by this.

To his surprise, the she-wolf had a pile of apples with her. He found this odd. Why a wolf would eat fruit was beyond him. Maybe that was why she was so dumb. She handed the food over easily enough, which he quickly held out to the mare. She ate from his hand as he kept his eyes on the girl. “Where’d y’say you were from?” Some place with a funny name. Seemed the woods were full of them.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: it's okay! xD skye is kind of a dumb blond sometimes. and i lol'd at her being dumb cause she eats fruit. xD

“Where’d y’say you were from?”

"Ceractori d'Arte," Skye said. "It's a new pack. Shawchert and I are the leaders," she said, wondering if this man could ever have met Shaw before. She wondered how their personalities would work - maybe they'd be friends, but by the looks of the rugged man's harsh exterior and possibly harder interior made that possibility a bit slim.

Skye noticed that the man gave the apples to his unicorn, who ate them pretty quickly, but didn't take any himself. That was strange - and the seemingly condescending way he looked at her was strange, too. Now that she was closer, she could scent the slightest smell of Slytherin on him, but it was so faint that she wondered if he simply was in contact with Dahlia wolves for a short time before wandering off. He also had the scent of a loner - one who has almost no scent at all but wolf.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I am surprised she is putting up with his rudeness XD

She was a pack leader? Fantastic. He snorted, finding the idea hilarious. Maybe she would be part of the new leadership that Conor was promoting. They’d get along fantastically. The mare finished the food quickly, and then trotted off to continue grazing. He watched her go before turning back to the pale she-wolf. Larkspur did not know whether or not he could tolerate her presence for long, but she had not yet proven herself to be annoying to the point she needed removed.

Besides, he was not in the business of murder. “Ain’t you a little young to be leadin’ a pack?” He asked snidely. His respect for so-called pack leaders had vanished since Haku’s death.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: she's just scared of making him mad again. xD although she might start being stupid again in this post.

The black wolf snorted, and Skye cocked an eyebrow. She wondered why he was so amused that she was a leader; she had grown out of her puppy-like ways, and her paws and ears were now proportional to the rest of her body. She'd grown curves and breasts since she hit puberty, something she both liked and didn't like at the same time; but it was a fact of life that Skye was an adult now, even though she admitted that sometimes she acted a bit dumb. She blamed it on living with her parents like humans for the first half of her life.

“Ain’t you a little young to be leadin’ a pack?” the black wolf asked, and Skye bristled, her ears flattening a bit. "I am an adult," she said dryly, her tail swishing. He was being quite rude, and she wondered whether or not he was bitter about something.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Whether or not she wanted to admit it, the girl was a child. She wasn’t even old enough to breed. Larkspur thought of Conor’s age and his inability to run Dahlia and a cruel look bled into his eyes. They were rudimentary in their intelligence, but he was smart enough to know what it was to lead. He had known Haku was something special. There were very few men capable of greatness in the world these days.

“Yer about as much an adult as I am a graymuzzle,” he used the childish term sardonically. Her defensive response made the wolf snicker. He shook his head and turned away from her. “Besides, if yer a leader ain’t you got duties that need ‘tendin?” Maybe that would get rid of her. She certainly was not making haste to leave his home.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: sorry for the delay!

Skye frowned when he made that remark. What she wanted to say was that he did look pretty old - old enough to have a few gray hairs on his snout - but didn't say it. She didn't want him to get any more angry at her than needed, and what had already happened was enough. She simply huffed, a short, sharp breath blown out of her nose and said nothing.

But then he mentioned her 'leaderly duties', and she grew angry. "Like scouting out the area?" she said lightly. "Most everyone in my pack is new to Souls. I'm trying to help us get a general idea of the area. Which I should be doing right now, so...goodbye!" She didn't want to sound rude or abrupt, but Skye didn't like the black wolf at all so far, and he sounded like he didn't want to be around her, either. Besides, she really didn't want to make him more angry, and by staying she would do that inevitably. She waved at him (perhaps a bit sarcastically) and began to walk away.

<style>
</style>
[/html]