Freedom in Paradise
[html]

Sky in her Lupus Form.
+3 Points (300+ Post)

This place was strange. The forest was dark, quiet and lonely, even though the sun blazed warm above the broken treeline. All the pine trees blocked most of the light, giving anything below perfect cover in the light of day. Sky found this perfect for hunting, and as such, as uneasy as she suddenly felt, the lupus formed hybrid trotted onwards, tail swinging behind her tall and flagging. The alphas weren't here, so she felt no shame in doing so. Some old habits die hard, afterall.

She quickly came to a stop beside one of the larger fir trees. This was it. The border. Leave these lands behind, and she'd be breaking everything her sister had taught her about packlife. Stay, and she'd be going against all of her instincts she'd picked up as a loner. And no wonder.

Before her stretched a huge expanse of water, rimmed only by a very far off landmass. That must be the other province. The night she'd arrived had been cold, and a chill still skedaddled down her spine at the memory. Biting winds, damp air... endless walking. Until finally Skye had appeared with greetings into the pack. Alone, I was nothing. But with my pack, I finally belong to a family again. A gust of wind suddenly caught up her fur, cold but not freezing, and she closed her eyes to enjoy it. Her fur had been given the chance to grow out during her recovery, and now the hybrid sported a thick summer coat. The cold was a thing of the past.

This place... this... my home... it beautiful. Looking over her shoulder, a smile lit her eyes. This is my home. Why would I ever leave, now that I've found it? Sky's head swivelled back to the ocean, watching the water shift and move under the sun's near-blinding rays. This place is paradise. This place is mine. Pride flooded her and at the sudden burst of emotion, the hybrid tossed back her head and let loose a chilling howl. A warning to those who dared tresspass on her alphas' land, and a warm thanks to the gods and to Skye and Shaw. I'm home.

<style>
.skysong p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.skysong b {font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #6E4B35; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]