A Call for Help
[html]

WC: 512 +5 OCC: For Niro. :3 Btw, could we backtrack the date to 20th? PT: 25

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum wasn't the one to stay in one place for a long period of time. She loved to explore and to test her limits as to how far she can go a day, though she didn't want to intrude on a territory owned by another. She was still adjusting to joining Inferni. Though she was getting used to being in a group once more, she is still a traveler at heart, so she was prone to wander. She already have been to Halifax, and she was going more southwest than that today. As the forest got thicker as to the point where the she couldn't see the sun, even though it was a bright, early afternoon, she guessed this was Ethereal Eclipse. She was in her optime form, her dirty blonde hair tied into a short ponytail with a dark red piece of fabric, as was a lock of hair on the side of her head, near her temple. Alyssum was quite warm, since she had on a long, tan coat that reached all the way down to her knees, along with a scarf that was dark-red-and-burnt-orange striped, which where the colors of Inferni; she made it herself.

The young coyote-dominant hybrid quietly trekked the area, careful not to go near Cercatori D'Arte's and especially Dahlia de Mai's borders. She didn't want to cause a stirring with a group that already disliked Inferni. Then, when she wasn't watching her step, she stepped on something other than leaves, and, with her large ears, heard a tiny snap. Alyssum looked down as saw that she stepped on a feather and fractured it. It was brilliant blue, with black stripes and a white tip. She was sad that she broke the pretty object; it would have been nice to keep it. But, something caught her eye, and she saw another feather not so far away. It was longer, with a sleek look, most likely a primary feather. She quickly grabbed it and brushed the forest debris from it. She then fashioned it into her hair, making it hang near the beginning of her ponytail.

Then, she flicked her large brown ears towards another sound. It was not so far away, but it was clearly heard: a shrill cry of a bird, slightly echoing off the trees. Alyssum detected pain in its scream, and she instantly walked towards the sound. Even though she wasn't an expert at healing other animals, maybe she could help the poor thing. As she got closer, in a small clearing, she spotted a Peregrine falcon tangled in a patch of underbrush, trying to flail its way out. Its beady, black eyes that showed a glint of intelligence, but not much, brewed a hurricane of emotions in them. At the same time, it showed fear and pain, and the young coyote felt her stomach quiver with pity. But, then the hopelessness faded into a fiery determination, and the bird trash even harder against the closely knit branches of the bush it was trapped in, claws tearing at the yellowing leaves with its dark talons. It seemed that one of its wings was limp, but Alyssum couldn't see the reason why.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... Table1.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]
[html]

+5 OOC: I did slight pp while niro giving him the bird, if you don’t want me to do that Let me know I will change it <3 and the date is <3 :3

Niro was on his way to visit his children, he was determined this time. Marahute was coming with him, she was not having it any other way. He was still having trouble with his leg though he was well enough not to have to use the crutch that he’d made. It was now just a momento of his stupidity, and he was basically a free wolf. But he had worries, worries that when he got to Dahlia his little girls would be all grown up. That they wouldn’t know him, and wouldn’t like him, he didn’t like himself, but that was because of how irresponsible he had been at the conception of the three pups he had now, but when he saw them as his own, he was not regretful. The only one he had was to have mated with such a bitch, a low toned growl came to his throat thinking of Lolita. He was at least able to see his girls, but he wanted to be with them, be there if they had any troubles.

A sound distracted his thoughts, and his ears perked up, he heard in the near distance a cry for help, Marahute, who was perched on Niro’s shoulder fluttered her wings, hitting her master in the face. Niro hurried as fast as his limp could go, to the spot. It seemed someone had gotten there first and he was about to ask him what was wrong when he heard it, a falcon was stuck in a bush, a wing was broken, and he was thrashing, a bad idea for an animal with hallow bones. Niro whistled for Marahute to find a pirch and he hurried to the creature stuck. It seemed that the canine that had first witnessed what was going on didn’t know what to do. Niro thought introductions later, saving bird first as he found out what was entagling the bird. He took from his belt *the only thing he wore* and started freeing the falcon. It was a beautiful bird, one that would make nice for his collection. He picked it up. It had been exhausted from its battle with the bush it had been caught in… it seemed that he’d broken his wing first before falling into the bush and getting stuck.

Here, hold the bird for me.

Niro put the falcon into the woman's hands and dug into a belt pouch where he found some of his emergency gauze, something he’d thought he’d need for himself or a fellow pack wizard in a hunt but this was an emergency if it ever were one. He cut it to size and then felt the wing of the bird, and his heart leapt in happiness, the bone had not shattered but was merely dislocated. It was a lucky thing for the bird, but he may have tore some tendons, he put the joint back into place and folded the wing with much protest from the bird. He worked quietly, not saying a thing, his attention was fully on the falcon until he tied a little knot so that the bird couldn’t get free then he looked at the canine.

Well that was exciting wasn’t it?

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 340 3+ OCC: I only have one problem, and that's Aly being a she... xD PT: 28

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum nearly jumped out of her pelt as Niro hurried into the clearing, and strangely with a bird perched on his shoulder. The male looked mainly wolfish, if not completely. She was about the same size as him, since she had a faction of wolf blood mixed in with her coyote blood. She was shocked to see him come in suddenly. The Luperci wasn't paying attention to her senses, and overlooked the sounds of approaching steps, since she was focus on the falcon. She was standing there, trying to figure out how to untangle the bird without getting clawed herself when Niro came in.

At first, she thought she may have crossed into Dahlia de Ma.i on accident, and Niro was coming to attack and get revenge. But, he didn't smell like Dahlia de Ma.i, which she took a sniff at when she passed near the borders. It was some other pack scent she had no name for. She watched him whistle, which she thought was strange, until the bird swooped at his command and went to roost in a tower. Alyssum watched him expertly take the falcon out of the bush, the beast too tired to fight back. Then, Niro gave the bird to her, which she felt unprepared for and uncomfortable. She didn't want her hands to get shredded like the leaves, but she didn't protest. She watched him work on the bird, wrapping his - Alyssum decided that the falcon must be a him - wing into what looked like to her a sling. He was silent while he worked, and so was the young coyote. She wondered if a moment who this man was, but didn't ask, since it seemed standoffish.

After he was finished, he looked at her and said, "Well, that was exciting, wasn't it?". Alyssum could only simply nod. "Its something that doesn't happen often,"she agreed, shifting the weight of the bird in her hands slightly. It seemed that he calmed down, though he was watching the two canines with wary, white eyes.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... Table1.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]
[html]

OOC: hahaha i got your gender right this time Smile and did you want the falcon to be a girl or boy, cause Niro is only guessing... he called Marahute a he for the longest time ^^

Yes most birds tend to see what’s going on around them. My name is Niro by the way.

He said bending down to look into the falcons big eyes. There was only a small strip of yellow the rest was all pupils, the poor bird was scared out of his wits. Marahute flapped her wings unhappy this bird was getting the attention, but Niro gave her no mind just yet. The bird seemed rather in a state of shock, which was probably good for both the wolf and the hybrid.

Well he’s not clawing you up because he’s in shock, but I think other than that he’s a pretty healthy bird. Iiiif I don’t recall this is a peregrine falcon. I heard they were pretty rare… what a find.

He was about to take the bird from the female, but it seemed that he still had his senses and was protesting against Niro’s touch. Niro had a sad smile on his face and looked up to the stranger.

I think he likes you.

He said, a little hurt, but what could he do, he wasn’t going to force something away from their comfort zone. The bird seemed quite comfortable just sitting in the woman’s arms though he could tell she had little to no expertise in birds. Well it seemed if the bird picked her, Niro would have to help her.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC: 325 +3 OCC: The falcon is going to be a him. :3 PT: 31

Alyssum de Fonte

The bird was still fidgety in her hands, but it didn't seem aggressive. More like afraid. Alyssum had heard somewhere that animals fed off of their feelings, though she didn't know how much that was true, but went on thinking happy thoughts and calm feelings directed towards the falcon. She heard the other canine introduce himself, and she decided not to be all too rude to the man. "Name's Alyssum," she whispered seductively, and noted how he was talking like he was specialized in birds. Well, it could have been a little obvious, since he did have another bird perched on his shoulder earlier, which was getting fidgety itself, though Alyssum didn't know why.

When Niro went on about the bird's health and state of mind, and she was glad that he happened to come along. She would have tried to help the bird anyway, but it would have clawed her up into minced meat before she could have gotten a hold of it. Peregrine falcon? She had never heard of this species of bird, only simple woodland bird like magpie and blue jays. Niro was starting to reach for the falcon, which Alyssum didn't like all too much, since she liked holding the bird, but started to hand him to the wolf anyway, since he was the expert. But, the bird didn't seem to want to go to Niro, and, not to upset the falcon or risk the state of her arms, she backed away slightly.

"Like me,"she repeated, though it seemed questioning, like she was unsure of that herself. But, if the falcon did no longer fidget in her arms, its talons seemed to be careful not to cut the coyote who first found him. Alyssum didn't know what to do if the bird wanted to be with her; she didn't know how to heal birds, much less what they ate besides bugs.

<style>
</style> [/html]
[html]

It seems like it. Birds can be fragile creatures, especially with emotion.

He said, thinking about Tobias and his inability to want to be with Niro for longer than a training session. It was true, different environments did tend to disorientate a bird unless they knew where they were going, and if they felt more comfortable around one animal than another it was better to keep them with that animal, but Niro could detect a smell that was from a pack he knew was far away, though he didn’t visit at all.

Perhaps you can take care of him until he gets better? It wouldn’t be more than a month in any case.

He said. The animal could easily be reintroduced back into the wild, unlike Marahute who knew wolf life and not the life of a golden eagle. He could tell she was quite unsure about all that was happening. It seemed to be happening pretty fast for her. He put his finger to his chin, then spoke again.

Do you kknow anything at all about these birds?

He asked, he knew quite a bit, mostly from his falconing book he’d gotten back in florida, as well as a slew of other books that Orin had him read. He wanted to make sure the woman had enough knowledge to actually take care of the animal if she were going to be its caretaker, because the falcon surely wasn’t having Niro touch him again.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC: 379 +3 OCC: PT: 34

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum looked down at the bird. For something so small and frighted just a moment ago, it sure was rude to not let the the canine who saved him be able to hold him. But, she just assumed that all falcons must be like quirky and bold like this. The bird's black head feathers were starting to smooth down, now sleek as oil. Its plumage on its body and wings were still rustled, but the bird was starting to preen its breast, plucking out loose down. He seemed comfortable enough now, which Alyssum was grateful for, since she didn't want to be handling an angry beast. He still regarded her will its yellow-rimmed eyes, as if he was trying to decipher something. The coyote now wonder how smart this falcon was.

She nodded in agreement to Niro as he spoke of a bird's fragile nature, though she didn't know a lot about a bird's emotion range. "They have hollow bones, which can break easily,"she piped up, hoping she did seem too unintelligent about feathered animals. Then, Alyssum blinked slowly when he asked if she could take care of him. Of course she could, she didn't see the problem of taking him to Inferni. But, the problem was that she didn't now how to take care of him; she would rather give the bird to Niro, since he seemed to know plenty more than her, but the falcon didn't seem to want that.

"I can house him, but I wouldn't know much about how to take care of him. I don't have any knowledge about how to heal him properly, much less what to feed him while he can't fly. I'm not being modest when I say this, either." Alyssum was discouraged she had to confess this. She disliked not being as knowledgeable as some, since it made her feel like she wasn't smart at all. But, she swallowed her feelings and thought of her bird, which was the most important matter at the moment. "I would give him to you to house, but, like you said, I don't want to upset his fragile feelings." She still didn't seem all too up to giving the falcon to Niro even then, even when she knew that knew nothing that could help the bird.

<style>
</style> [/html]
[html]

+3

Niro nodded at the coyote woman, impressed by what knowledge she did know, not many knew about the hallow bones, most just don’t think when they are eating a bird about what exactly they put in their mouth. As he suspected she didn’t know much about birds, and he had thougth he told her he only had tld her it was only a dislocated wing… but thinking back he must have thought it in his head and not said a thing to her.

Well the healing isn’t too much actually, you can take the bandage off in a week. He’s just pulled it out of socket but his wing still needs t heal a bit. He shouldn’t fly though for a while, so if you have a cage to keep him in… he may not like it, but it will keep him from flying. A bird isn’t that hard to deal with really.

He whistled for Marahute who obliged happily to come and landed on his arm. The considerably larger bird perched staring at Aslyssum curious, then at the bird who was still nearly out of it.

Most of what you need is trust. A falcon like him tends to eat mice, rabbits, small birds, things like that. I train the raptors myself, they are very good companions, though that takes some training, and I have them taught to scout for me.

He said, adding on unnecessary stuff, he looked down at the little bird, wishing he could bring it home himself but the coyote seemed to have already bonded with the animal. He dug in the food pouch to pull out a few pieces of dried meat, he gave one to Marahute as a treat for being so good, and handed Alyssum the other for the bird.

They eat meat pretty much, but if I think about it, they like smaller birds the most. I think, if I can remember my reading right they enjoy ducks and pigeons most.

He thought, he knew he was missing something as he was the caretaker of these animals and she didn’t have his knowledge.

Am I missing something?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC: 541 +5 OCC: Sorry for the long post. xD I wanted to make up for not replying sooner. PT: 39

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum stared down at the falcon as it started to shift over to sit on her right arm, at first gripping a tightly, his talons poking into her arm. But, then the pressure was released as he settled once more, puffing out his feathers slightly. The young girl wondered how exactly she was going to handle the bird if he had talons like theses that could easily scratch her. Alyssum would rather not hold him as much if he was going to claw her whenever she did. She decided to ask Niro about in a moment, but for now, she listened to him talk about the minor things she had to know.

She paid attention when she had to take off the bandage, and what exactly happened to him. In case this ever did happen again, heaven forbid, she would have at least an idea as to what to do. Also, she knew she could probably find a cage in Halifax and clean it as good as it could be. But she wondered how the bird was going to cope inside of one. Alyssum herself wouldn't liked to be stuffed inside of a small space for a whole week, but she knew it was for the bird's better health if he didn't try to fly in his condition; it would only make matters worst.

She perked her brown ears as Niro called his own bird with merely a whistle, which was nearly twice the size of the bird she held. Her mind wandered slightly, and wondered if she would one day be able to call the falcon like this. Then again, she was thinking way into the future that may or may not happen; the bird was wild, and would maybe like to released as soon as he was fully healed. Alyssum nodded, showing that she was paying attention to the older wolf as he explained what birds of giant squid ate. There were plenty of rabbits in Inferni, so that wouldn't be a probably to feed him when he was unable to do it himself.

She tilted her head as Niro dug into his belt, as did the falcon, which would have looked amusing to someone if they were watching them. Then, Alyssum got a squeamish as she was handed the dried meat; she, of course, ate meat, but it was always warm, and this meat was dried of its juices and it seemed odd. But, the falcon was the exact opposite, swallowing down the food eagerly. The flailing he did in the underbrush must have made him hungry. Niro mentioned that they also liked small birds, and Alyssum thought she saw a few woodland pigeons in the trees when she was walking through the small portion of woods that Inferni has.

As the man asked her if he was missing anything, Alyssum shook her head side to side as a no, but she asked,"Can I name him? Also, do you have anything that can cover my arm whenever the bird is on my arm?" She felt she didn't need to explain that all too much. Niro should understand that the falcon was still a wild animal, and could try to tear up her arm once he comes to his full senses.

<style>
</style> [/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: that was a long wait? Phhhft lol, I’ve waited a month or so before fo replies… there’s some I’m waiting for reply for that’s been a few weeks now XD

She seemed to pay attention to his instructions which was what he would ask for only, and it made him happy that she was asking questions too. It seemed she might want the bird for long term, as she asked if she could name the animal. Niro smiled, he may have to visit just to make sure the bird was doing well then… maybe when he came to propose messanger birds, but he still didn’t know where she was from, or that she’d been living in a pack he’d been told it would be best to steer clear from.

You can name him, I see no harm in it, though it is much harder to set him free if you don’t’ want to take care of him longer than you have to, putting a name to something makes it more personal.

He thought about her next question, he normally used gloves for his birds, though lately he didn’t have to, well with Marahute at least, he had his gloves in his belt, secured there behind him, but he knew that they would be much too big for her..

Well if anything you can use leather gloves, I’m afraid the ones I have… they are much too big, but if you really need them I’ll let you have them, but they wouldn’t be very good for your hands until you got to your home

Niro admitted, he pulled out his leather gloves he’d made from his back. Anann had taught him how to make them, and these were his first creations. They were a sentimental thing as it was his first crafted thing, but he could tell that the coyote was uneasy getting scratchd. Niro had many invisible scratches on his body from both Marahute and Tobias, so he didn’t blame her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC: 305 3+OCC: Oh wow. xD I have been waiting for a certain reply for the past few days now, but I hope I won't have to wait that long. PT: 42

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum nodded, understanding his warning that she could get too attached. But, she wanted to give him a name, since she couldn't just come him nothing; it would be strange for the young Luperci to go on calling him 'bird' or 'falcon'. She pondered for a moment for a name that fitted him. She thinking back when she read a book with names, some with meanings. Then, she smiled when thought came across her mind. "I'll call him Darius,"she stated. She remembered, unless she was mistaken, Darius was Greek for 'protective of one's possessions'. It was either that name or Cassius, since Cassius meant 'vain', but it was rude to name him that; who wanted to be named after something that highlighted their minor flaws?<.p>

She watched him bring out an over-sized glove, which she guessed what he used to cover his arms whenever he handled birds, though he wasn't wearing one now, so she assumed he didn't use it often. But, she then she some emotion on his face, as if Niro was hesitant to give up the item, or that what it seemed to her. Alyssum suddenly stammered,"Y-you know, I can try to find a piece of cloth or something when I pass by Halifax when I look for a cage on my way home. I mean, I think I can live with a few scratches, its not like Darius is going to kill me." She didn't want to take away something that the wolf might have hold dear to him; Alyssum wasn't the one to purposely put someone on the spot and make them uncomfortable, unless she had a grudge against that person. The newly named Darius was glancing curiously yet nervously at Marahute, but he turned his head to the person who was carrying him, hearing the uneasiness in her voice.

<style>
</style> [/html]
[html]

OOC:Sadly it seems we may have to end this soon.

-----

Niro knew little of names and what they meant, but when Alyssum announced what she wanted to call him, it seemed to fit the dark bird and Niro smiled approvingly, though he knew she didn’t need his approval for what she would call the bird.

It is a nice name. I think it fits him perfectly.

Niro breathed a small sigh of relief when she said she’d find something in the city that Niro had never visited. He didn’t want to part with his gloves, but he would for other’s sakes. He nodded, he had never visited Halifax, but he’d been to other cities before and though they’d been scavenged beyond belief there was always still something to find. He was glad he could help her, but felt bad he couldn’t take the animal in himself, it made him fidget a little, but he knew that the woman should be able to handle it. He could tell the way she was looking at the bird.

Well it seems we should be parting ways then. It was good meeting you Alyssum, if you ever need any help, just give me a call at Cour des Miracles.

He said, he’d give up his time to help the coyote. Especially when it came to the bird sitting in her arms right now.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

WC: 332 +3 OCC: Altas, all good things must come to an end. It was fun having a thread with you, though. Big Grin PT: 51

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum smiled when Niro seemed to approve, and Darius seemed to be more comfortable, too. His black eyes were starting to narrow and droop with sleepiness, probably tired after the battle he had with the bush, and from the fading pain in his wing. She almost too let out a sigh of relief as the wolf's hesitation about the glove seemed to disappear. Speaking of gloves, she thought, I should go to Halifax now and start looking for those items. Though the city seemed plentiful, it could be scarce in some cases, though, hopeful, not with the cage. She wouldn't know what to do without the cage, and it would be terrible to try to keep Darius in some even more standoffish.

She wasn't too surprised that Niro stated that they should go, and Alyssum realized that she could have been wasting his time, since most people don't go walking in the woods for no good reason. She had the urge to say sorry, but she held her tongue, and stiffly nodded; there was no need to act as nervous as a rabbit cornered in its hole. "Cour des Miracles," she repeated, guessing that might be one of the other packs in Nova Scotia, and made a mental note to remember the general scent of Niro, in case she came across another Cour des Miracles canine. "It was good meeting you, too, Niro. Thanks for helping Darius, and he's grateful too, I bet, but he doesn't want to show it." When Alyssum said that, the bird's feathers ruffled audaciously, letting one his eyes peer at the girl as he said his name. "I hope to see you around,"she said as her farewell, although she didn't know if they will ever meet again. Maybe, she thought. She would probably one day have to see him whenever she had a question about Darius. Then, she stepped into the thick trees, exiting the small clearing, and soon her footsteps crunching the leaves became silent.

<style>
</style> [/html]