The Moon's Grace
[html]

ooc: 500+

Time Goes Faster

Upon entering this territory Tala had been accepted by Jefferson, and welcomed with nearly open arms by Addison just days ago, but the feeling of home was nowhere near settled. This was not yet her home, she barely knew where she was as a matter of fact. For her to feel truly welcome here, to feel like she was actually part of a pack now, that would take time. Things like this were not instantaneous, and the female Luperci understood that well. The sensation of being alone was not new, but the small feeling that this was a new start for once.... that was. It was good, though hard to grasp. Addison had been kind, and Jefferson had been.... blunt. She appreciated both their kindness, though father and daughter showed it quite differently. That however was yesterday, today, she was alone.

Tala had managed to wonder further into the territory, stale scents of wolves and Lupus and Luperci were brought to her nose around nearly each bend, this place was inhabited, but the territory seemed to big for the pack to have a fresh scent set down at all times. It was almost hard to keep track of all the little things Tala used as guides, one thing was certain though, she had managed to stumble upon something she would not forget, it was a large towel, the stone it was crafted with starting to slowly tumble under time and weather. It was however remarkable, quite something to gawk over. The Lupus was interested in it, and there didn't seem to be any fresh scent upon it's surroundings. The walls helped block the iced winds from her body, and settling herself near them was a relief. Shaking her body to attempt the rid the cold from her pelt Tala let out a content sigh. It was a calming sensation to not be worried of being chased off with teeth bared. Tala would call this a temporary 'settlement'. If she could use this structure as an escape from the cold for at least a short period of time she would take advantage of that. Taking a moment to outstretch her limbs the wolf let out a light yawn. She was mildly tired, though that sensation was drowned out with hunger. She had not eaten since she entered the territory. There was a slight hesitation to hunt on Ravenclaw land, though she knew it was absurd, she was allowed to now. A light grumble in her stomach caused the female to extract herself from the wall's structure and back into the wind. If she was to catch any game, she should get started now.

Her nose was key to pick up any scent, she was searching for a hare, something that would be out in this light, the mid afternoon sun beamed down, though any heat seemed sucked away. If her little expedition did not end in a meal, maybe she would run into a more similar form of life, a pack wizard she had yet to encounter. Either way, Tala would be satisfied.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FED545;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:412px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
ooc: Welcome to 'Hogwarts! Smile

The gray furred Whilom did not often stray from the ranch house that was centrally located within the Valley pack's territory; however, she was beginning to become bored and felt confined within those walls to a certain degree. The weather was cold, to be certain, but her summer coat had finally began to grow in, late as always. The olive eyed woman tread carefully across the terrain, mindful of the moist ground.

It was strange not having Pripyat, her son, underfoot. The blue-eyed boy had grown so much in the past few weeks. Before she knew it, he would be half a year old. The very thought was enough to stun her. It seemed only yesterday that she was teaching him to speak. Pripyat took to everything naturally, displaying innate talent, intelligence, and kindness. She had no doubt that he would grow to be a fine creature.

Geneva had yet to see Jefferson either, but that was not at all unusual. Her mate usually contented himself with completing his duties in a grumbling manner. He would probably find his way to the rocking chair in front of the hearth very soon, at which point Geneva could harass him to her heart's content. There was nothing quite like disturbing his peace and quiet and taunting a smile out of the one-eyed brute; she loved to see that expression on his face so much.

Geneva did not have a working sense of smile and never had. As such, she had to rely on her sense of sight. She saw a stranger, a full grown female, not far off. The Whilom approached her slowly, remembering that Addison and Jefferson had mentioned an ew face. She could not quite remember the name associated with her; Jefferson never really was one for names, often grumbling about "a new foolish dreamer to add to the lot" or something to that effect. Smiling and rolling her eyes a bit at the thought, the Whilom announced her presence before closing in at a comfortable distance. "Hello, my name is Geneva Stockholm. I hear that you're new."
[html]

ooc: wc 500+ Thank you C:

Time Goes Faster

Tala padded along the soft ground slowly, her movements were made in ease, any sharp movement could possibly give her situation away to any unsuspecting rodent nearby. Though she did not pick up a fresh scent of any, she did however find an old scent of a rabbit. She female let out a soft sigh as she brought her head down to sniff the area, it had passed by a few hours ago. Though slightly disappointing, she knew that it would be back at some point. A hare did not venture to far for food, rabbits were not the type. Though this spot was currently cold, in the future she could at least return and scope it out. It was a lead, if nothing else. The female turned then, padding just fifty yards to the left to see if she could spot anything there. Though like her first attempt she had missed the creatures by just a small gap in time. It was slightly frustrating, she was going to have to travel if she wanted food tonight.

It did not take much time for the breeze to bring another scent to her nose, it was that of a female, one she had yet to meet. This perked the faes attention, a pack wizard was almost better than food at this point. The more in recognition she got with those of the pack, the less of an outside she would feel. Knowing two wolves of a pack hardly felt like you were a wizard, more of a guest if you asked Tala. It was when Geneva approached that Tala set her gaze on her, ears perked but not to high, her so called 'tail' wagging weakly, if she could manage to make the stub look as if it was. It relied more of hip movement than anything else. Tala looked at her and nodded her head once as she settled herself at a comfortable distance and spoke her introduction. "Hello, Geneva. You heard correct, my name is Tala. " Tala let her head dip lightly in a show for respect, even if she was not a high rank, and she was just Tala had yet to discover, it was polite in her eyes. The amber eyed female looked at her and smiled to the elder female. "I thank everyone in Ravenclaw again for accepting me among you, it is very gracious of you. Not being chased out with jaws at my heels is a great feeling." the female spoke in her slight rasp. There she went again, nearly bowing her head off in respect. Whether it was needed or not, she knew she was being rather excessive. It would take her time to get out of the habit.

The look of constant curiosity gazed at Geneva and she cocked her head to the side slightly, she had not smelt the fresh scent of a wolf in this area, it seemed like they did not cross this area that constantly. "I didn't smell all to many scent trails in this area when I came across it, so I settled myself by that tower just north of here. Is that alright, or should I move?" For all she knew she could have intruded on something important. Tala smiled, trying to let her true self show though. Her true self, she would need some time to find her again. Though with those eyes of hers, always bright, it was hard to look to stern.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
ooc: Short because I am posting from work : )

Geneva shook her head mutely with a small smile. She could sense that Tala was a little bit uncomfortable, even if it was just on an unconscious level. The gray wolfess could remember feeling the same. She had felt like a stranger for sometime, even a stranger to herself, when she had first arrived in Nova Scotia and joined Gryffindor. However, she had grown more comfortable and taken on more leadership roles. She had expanded herself, and had found that she had skills that she would not have believed that she had possessed before.

"We're glad to have you, Tala. I hope that you are comfortable here, and you find shelter here if that is your wish." The Valley pack was small, but their holdings were comparatively vast. She did not think that anyone would mind if Tala stayed here for the time being or for an extended period of time. Even so, Geneva held a somewhat significant role in the pack at this point, and her word could only be superceded by Jefferson's edict.

"Are you hungry?" the small boned wolfess asked. It was the first thing she could remember being after settling into her new pack: so very hungry. Although Geneva was small in stature, she had grown in skill as a huntress, especially while fending for herself and her child on her own. "There is usually more game by the Mirror Lakes," she suggested. "I wouldn't mind company for a small hunt."
[html]

ooc: That's alright, this my be my last of the day, I have work tonight. Short too, sorry.

Time Goes Faster

To become comfortable would take time for Tala, pack life here was going to be very different from what she had grown up seeing. She had grown up seeing battle and war, pack members turning on each other on a dime. It was the mentality here... it was almost whimsical to her. Uncomfortable was however temporary, as she had adapted to being alone in unclaimed territories, she could adapt to pack life. If everyone turned out to be similar to those she had already met, it would take less time than she expected. Though they all had their quirks, that was what made things interesting.

"Thank you, it will take time, but I'm sure I will. The shelter is more than I'm used to, it's not exactly something I like to admit." The wolf laughed, a smile set upon her muzzle. Why was she telling her this? She felt decently comfortable around her, that must be it. If someone wished it that she move, she would.

Food,having it bought up caused her stomach to growl, she had hit that nail on the head. "That is an understatement. I haven't eaten since I got here." The tail wagged as she spoke, hunting with anther wolf, it would be fun. "Mirror Lakes? I haven't been there yet. The giant squid around here right now is... scarce." Seeing more of Ravenclaw, it would be a bonus.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
ooc: Short because it is basically bed time Big Grin

Geneva nodded, glad that she was able to help the genial younger wolfess. Geneva would help the wolfess as much as she was able. It was the least she could do for her new pack mate. She seemed so genuine, and Geneva hoped that her perceptions of Tala were true. Ravenclaw could use others like her around, that much was certain.

"We are surrounded by water," Geneva explained. "The ocean is a day's walking distance from here, but Mirror Lakes is our source of fresh water. Many giant squid animals frequent there because of that," she said. It was easier to come upon giant squid at the local spot. Sometimes there was bigger game, but hares and other vermin frequented Mirror Lakes often enough. "There is also fishing," Geneva added as an afterthought.

She began to lead the way naturally, certain that Tala would spring behind. The slender wolfess' half ruined face remained in profile as she continued the way, pausing in her comfortable silence to indicate the general direction of other places, such as the ranch house and the quarry. When she came upon Mirror Lakes, the twin bodies of water shimmered in the cold. The olive eyed wolfess pausedas there was motion in the distance. She lowered her slight body to the ground and began to creep toward it, hoping that her counterpart, Tala, would follow her lead. What kind of creature was it? Geneva was not yet sure, but she hoped they would both find out.
[html]

ooc: wc 500 Giant squid xD Made me go 'whaaa?'

Time Goes Faster

Though Tala had not had to many personalities to compare herself to in the past, she still couldn't quite put a place on how to describe herself. Independent? No, that was not enough. In time, maybe she could put a few words on it, but for now all she could say was that she was herself, whatever that made her. Having the older wolfess aid her was quite a treat for Tala, hell, having a pack to call her own was a treat. This was how pack mates were supposed to act, and Tala could get used to this. Aiding the others, she would have no issue with that.

Being surrounded by water, she had been aware that the ocean was nearby, the scent of salt was often picked up in the wind, so knowing that it was just a short distance to reach it had never been out of her had. Had she been heading there initially? Maybe. She wasn't quite sure. "It makes sense that they would flock there, they need fresh water just like anything else." Now fishing, that was something she had not gotten to used to, spending the time to heighten her skills in such a method had been to time consuming for her previous lifestyle. She would however like to try her paws at it, what could she possibly lose?

As Geneva began to move, Tala did not need an invitation to move along behind her. She padded about a wolf's length and a half behind her, keeping a respectable distance between herself and her packmate. Taking the silent indications in equal sounds Tala let herself make mental notes of where and what they were. You never knew when you would need such knowledge. Coming up to the lakes Tala let her amber gaze set itself upon the crisp horizon of water. She understood where the name came from now, it was clever, if not appropriate. The ears on her head swiveled as she heard a light ruffling, the scent of a small rodent carried in the breeze. Turning her head to watch Geneva Tala moved closer to the wolfess with silent steps. Tala followed suit and let her body lower to the ground until her belly was near the grass below her. Slowly moving towards the unsuspecting rodent Tala let herself branch out to the right, moving away from the body of water, she assumed if the creature did not go straight it would attempt to break away to the open in that direction. Her footsteps were near silent as she branched away from Geneva. The wolfess let hr body settle close to the ground, waiting for a movement of some kind. It was up to Geneva, if the elder of the two would make to first move and let things Pan out, or if Tala would and attempt to chase the critter right to her jaws. The area was silent, and the little creature had no idea what was coming for it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Geneva found it difficult to take initiative on a hunt. Instinctively, she usually held back. As a wolfess with little physical stature or brute strength, she had had to rely on other strengths and skills. She did not consider herself a natural predator when she compared herself to other more competent hunters like Pendzez. Although her mate had difficulties hunting due to his physical limitations, she stilled considered him to be the superior hunter. However, since she was the elder wizard here and the one with most status, she found herself in the unique situation where she would have to make the first move.

Since Geneva could not rely on her sense of smell, she principally used her other senses. Her lime green eyes traced the hare for a moment. There were grey hairs around its muzzle and at the tips of its ears; this specimen was probably in the "middle age" of its life cycle. With that in mind, Geneva made the first move. With predatory grace she scarcely believed she possessed, she began the deadly dance between predator and giant squid.

She lunged toward the hare, her pearly white teeth snapping as she closed in on it. However, the hare was not ready to give in to defeat and began leading the chase. Luckily, things were following Geneva's strategy and the frantic animal was closing in on Tala. Geneva hoped that her new pack mate would be able to capture the thing or close in on the chase.
[html]

ooc: wc 300+

Time Goes Faster

The body of the wolfess remained almost as still as stone as she kept her eyes on the small creature just a short distance away, she did not risk making noise as the rabbit would surely hear, those large ears were not useless. The wind would rustle the dying underbrush, the small plants preparing for the upcoming snows. Forcing herself to pay attention to the small details was training she had forced herself upon. Sometimes catching that nights meal could have been life or death for Tala in the past, it made it quite important.

The weight of the small framed wolf shifted from one paw to the other as she almost pushed the ground from under her, waiting was a key element to the success of this game, lurching forward in a blur of instinct was not good enough. Unlike the elder just yards away Tala could both smell and see the hare, an advantage over the older wolfess, though Tala did not know it, or even think of the advantages she would have over her packmates, that was not a mentality she liked to maintain. Thinking like that caused foul aftermath.

Tala let her body raise slightly as she heard Geneva lurch forward, the scurrying of small paws followed immediately suit, as she watched the olive eyes wolfess gain ground the hare darted just as quickly away from her jaws. Tala sprung at that moment, the hare was dangerously close, to distracted by Geneva to even notice the second predator in waiting. Tala let her hind legs carry her as she closed in on the small rodent, sliding slightly on the hard ground Tala collided with the grey hare, stopping only when it was in her jaws. Hanging by the neck Tala held it in her jaws until the creature creased to move, it's back leg twitched a few times before it fell limp. Tala let herself wait just a moment longer before letting the body spring to the chilled earth. There was a smile on her face and her tongue rolled out in an almost excited fashion. "That was wonderful. Hunting with another was always fun for me." She spoke her words with a short laugh at the end before taking a step back from the kill. Geneva had first rights to it by pack hierarchy, and Tala wished to respect that right. Though she was starving, her own needs did not come first before the members of the pack, she understood that.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Geneva shook her head mutely and gestured that Tala should eat. Geneva had eaten before, and she was not very hungry. She was more satisified to know that Tala would not go sleep hungry that night. Although she was certain that it would require many meals for Tala for feel truly full, she knew that this first meal would go a long way. She would rather have her new pack wizard partake of this kill. There would be others in the days to come.

Geneva's eyes narrowed to a spot over Tala's shoulder. She crept away wordlessly, her gaze fixed upon the dry, dead grass. With a sudden and swift leap, she opened her jaws and very neatly captured a wriggling, small rodent in her mouth. As she closed her jaws, there was a dry snap as she ended the creature's life. She trotted over to her previous spot, the coppery taste of blood in her mouth as she dropped her kill to the ground. "Mice are sort of my specialty," Geneva said ruefully, the silent edge of laughter on her thin, quiet voice.

That much was true. As a wolfess of smaller stature, she did not often bring down big game. When left to her own devices, she would make meals of mice and other such creatures. However, when concentrating on the pack and her son, she would bring down bigger game. With a thoughtful glance in Tala's direction, she bent her head to take in her meal.
[html]

ooc: wc 300+ Squeeze one in before bed, and my little girl's starting to break out of her awkward shell Big Grin.... slowly.

Time Goes Faster

After Geneva had given the cue for the young wolfess to eat, she did not hesitate much to comply to the silent direction. She responded with a nod as she let her head spring, the multi coloured canine began to remove the thick fur from the hare using tooth and claw before she let her teeth sink far into the tissue of her small kill. That satisfying taste of meat on her tongue was enough to send the female into a fit of happiness. Tala did not speak as she ate, not because she wasn't minding what Geneva was doing, but because there was not much to converse about at that exact moment. Letting her body spring to the ground so her belly lay flat against the earth, she wrapped her paws around the body and ate in contentment. Though her body was covered in thick fur that his most of her true figure, the long years of being alone had left her body thin. Though not thin enough to show much concern, the rabbit filling her gut was quite satisfying.

Glancing up from the half devoured hare Tala watched the other female pounce on the small mouse with a light chuckle emanating from her raspy chest. "That pounce was impressive, I don't have the balance to be that exact in something like that." Tala couldn't help but smile softly as she spoke. Her nose drew her back to her hare, the rodent not yet worn from the summer's months, still plump from feeding on dried grasses. Geneva was soft and kind, not the rather expressive kindness Addison had shown her, and not nearly as...blunt as Jefferson.

Taking down larger game had never been a target for Tala, it was not necessary and to risky when she was alone, taking down something like a small deer was often more of a beacon for unwelcome guests than a meal, rodents were more than enough for her. Gnawing on the bone of the hind leg briefly Tala raised her head and blinked a few times, the amber orbs looking more curious than normal. "Exactly how many members are there in Ravenclaw, Geneva?" She had yet to ask, and was quite curious.

She had yet to learn much about Ravenclaw other than a few prime locations and those she had met. She wanted to learn as much as possible. She compared herself to a pup in that aspect.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
ooc: It is late....This is short. =)

"Ten in all," Geneva responded. Although she did not associate much with newcomers, not from lack of interest, but lack of time, she did have general knowledge about each of them. As mate to the Patriarch, she often gleaned that sort of information, even if they did not converse about it directly. Geneva was glad that she was able to give Tala this information, as it was good to know. Also, Geneva was glad that Tala desired that sort of knowledge. "There are two pups within our pack - Addison's younger sister, Grace, and my son, Pripyat. Jefferson is his father," Geneva added, trying to give Tala some background.

"We have an alliance with the AniWayans. Their leaders, Ember and Dawali, have been great sources of help to us," Geneva added. It was true; if it were not for their aid in the spring, Geneva likely would not be here at the present time. They had helped her during one of her darkest days. "As a pack, we are generally peaceable, although some time ago there were tensions between our pack and the clan of coyotes, Mudbloods, although now we are on better terms." Geneva felt that it was important for Tala to know these things. As a wizard of Ravenclaw, she would have to navigate the area as safely as possible.
[html]

ooc: wc 300+

Time Goes Faster

As Geneva spoke she listened in silence, nodding her head now and then with each fact the wolfess gave her. Ten, that was a rather small pack, but she liked the thought of having a decently sized pack, you could get to know everyone a bit better that way, if only just a tad. That was better than nothing. Two pups? Tala didn't exactly have lots of time spent with pups in the past, not since she was one herself. "That sounds great to me, and I'd love to get to know the pups if I could, if only just an introduction of sorts." The wolfess smiled, taking a break from chewing on the small bone to speak and give a smile.

As Geneva explained the alliance with the AniWayans Tala looked at her and nodded to herself, she would surely keep all of this in mind. It was important after all, to know as much as you could about not only your own pack, but the others around it. Without that knowledge you might as well me blind, deaf and mute. Tala felt a cold breeze run across her fur as she continued to learn from Geneva. "It looks like I chose the right place to call home then." She was generally a peaceful wolf, but when it came to it the girl could at least defend herself and what she cared for.

Seeing as she was done with the hare Tala let the scraps of bones and fur be pushed to the side as she pulled her body into a sitting position. Both talking with Geneva and eating was a very successful, and enjoyable evening in her eyes. She couldn't have asked for that little expedition from the tower to go much better than it had. "Thank you for this Geneva, for showing me around and for the hunt. I had fun." The amber orbs seemed bright as she spoke, her words wee genuine.

<style>
</style>
[/html]