and the fire grows brighter
[html]

Element had been traveling around Muggles for a while, and all things fascinated him. The way these wolves grew their own food, the way they seemed to live in a more civilized manner than the wild wolf packs he'd seen in his home lands, and the horses. Oh, especially the horses - the way they galloped freely across the plains and wild grasses stunned him; their freedom and obvious love for the lands of Muggles made him feel happy here. He'd go back to Halifax shortly - he wanted to make sure he'd be ready for the summer, and he didn't want to intrude on these lands too long - but he didn't think anyone would mind a cat living in the area for a short while, and he loved the lands.

He didn't eat things he thought wolves ate; he knew wolves ate larger giant squid such as deer, while Element himself was quite content with smaller things such as mice and even the occasional bug. But Element would never eat a bird, as he had promised himself so long ago, and he never has - and he didn't think wolves did, either. Niro Takekuro, the wolf he'd met a while ago, had kept birds, even, and trained them - but then, those were birds of giant squid, and Niro had loved them. Keychain, a wizard of Mudbloods, hadn't liked the flying creatures that reminded him of horses - she had struck one down for singing, although she had shown remorse after.

Element simply sat in the grasses and purred, the grasses seeming enspirited by the happiness he emitted.

<style type="text/css">
.elementblu b {font-weight:normal; color:#26c326; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementbluooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementblu p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementblu {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabblu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Liliana was taking a stroll around the area, it was nice out considering how close it was to the frigid cold they would be having soon enough, and her fur was made for this, it was thick and long, making it a good way to keep her own body warm throughout the winter. Graces was walking beside Lili, as usual acting the bodyguard of the wolf-cat. She didn’t go far from the village though, entering the forest or the swamp was not enticing to her at the moment, she wanted to be in the grass, to see the sky, though it was cloudy, she still liked looking at the farness of it all. That was when she heard something, something she’d not heard in so long… was that purring? She looked around stopping in her tracks, it had to be close…

Here kitty kitty

She said in a soft low voice tittering for the cat to show itself, she’d never met any that could speak more than low speech so she was unaware she might have actually been making a fool of herself at this very moment. She rubbed her fingers, here eyes scanning for anything. She hadn’t seen a cat… well since the last tavern they’d come to, so it excited her that she was about to see one, or hoped she would.

Here kitty kitty kitty

She repeated herself, hoping she’d actually at least get to see it. Maybe it was a stray and she could keep it, she didn’t know how much Nayati liked cats but she was certain that she liked them, having one or two around in the stables would keep pests away for sure! That thought excited Liliana to no end, as she knew they had a mouse infestation, and having a cat around would surely mean a plump kitty and the horses and cows could have the stables all to themselves.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Element looked at the clouds and began to wonder once again about humans. How great were they really? How far have they created? He read that at one point, they'd even traveled to the moon. Have they created a way for animals to go to the moon, too? A way to speak to them? Have they created a sort of mithridate that could cure any illness? How great were they really?

Suddenly, however, Element was snapped out of his thoughts by a soft voice that called out from behind him. Rolling over on his belly, he sat up, his head poking out from the top of the tall grass. There was a white and dark brown canine that he guessed was also part cat, given her coloration - and she was calling to him. Or, at least, she was calling to some cat in the general vicinity - 'here, kitty, kitty,' she called, and Element wrapped his tail around his forelegs.

"Hello," he said politely. He had long since realized that rudeness was not the way to go when one assumed you could not speak their language, and had resorted to simply greeting them ever since. It seemed to work almost always, and never did they continue to treat him as such. He supposed it was just the difference of species that was so shocking at first - when he was only fluent in the High Speech, it had too astounded him that there were other languages he could learn. When he was a kitten, he thought there was only one language - the High Speech - and the rest of the giant squid simply made strange noises that weren't a language at all. How he'd learned since then, although he never made to learn the language of his giant squid - his food talking to him would be too much for the cat.

<style type="text/css">
.elementbluooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementblu {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabblu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Liliana’s heart stopped when she heard the word sound out into the open air, there was someone else here? She looked around, and suddenly saw the cat, then it dawned on her… the cat could talk? It was hard to digest but being as open minded as she was she didn’t freak out. She moved closer to the white animal, an eyebrow raised feeling more embarrassed by the moment.

I-I’m sorry, I thought.. well I heard you purring, thought you were… well this is a bit embarrassing

Liliana was happy for her dark fur or else the cat could see her blushing easily from her misunderstanding that cats could only speak the lesser speech.

I um… honestly didn’t know… that cats could speak high speech. Uh I’m Liliana

She said admittingly. Hoping he wasn’t at all upset about her embarrassing act. The only thing she could think of to get them off the fact she did something thinking he was just a normal cat was to give out her name. hopefully things would just pass through smoothly, and though she was still embarrassed, she was quite curious, she’d be able to ask questions… unless he was just like any other cat, only answers when he wantxs to.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the wait! and my crappy post...

"I'm Element," the black cat said in reply to Liliana's given name. He didn't want her to feel awkward, which she undoubtedly was; and he wrapped his tail around paws. "And it's quite alright; lots of people think so. I learned High Speech due to my family's tendency to dwell near larger creatures." He learned since his time in Souls that it was rare for cats and other lower predators to communicate with ones that used the High Speech, although he couldn't think why; cats were of a naturally high intelligence and it was easy enough to grasp the idea of High Speech.

"Your home certainly is beautiful," Element said, tactfully switching the subject to the place of AniWaya. He liked it very much; it contrasted greatly with the stone architecture of Halifax and gave him a feeling for corn and horses.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

+3 OOC: <3

She was still put off that she’d just embarrassed herself to no end, but she smiled when element introduced himself. She still felt a little hot, but she could feel the embarrassment ebb away as the seconds passed.

It is a pleasure to meet you.

She said, still slightly apprehensive, though his tact worked and she smiled broadly, she was proud of her home, and showed it in every way. This was not the MOST beautiful of places she’s ever been, but it was, for her: the most tranquil and peaceful place she’d ever been to. though she had been to some areas that nearly topped it, but those areas were not home… this was.

Thank you so much! It does have a definite beauty to it.

she said. Grace who was now seeing the cat herself bent her head down to get a good sniff of the animal, something so much smaller than Liliana, it was too interesting not to take a look at. The horse snorted and lifted her head up and gave Liliana a look that suggested they should just keep going, but not a lot interested Liliana’s mare and she doubted a cat would, but Liliana was interested in the cat herself, so she ignored the horse and sat on her knees.

If you don’t mind, I’d like to sit with you. It really is nice, and Grace needs to graze anyway.

and as though she’d told Grace to go along on her way, the horse moved, more because Liliana had sat on her knees than what she was saying to the cat. Lili was curious about the black animal that made noises when he was happy, she wanted to ask him lots of questions, but they were so many and she didn’t know what to start with.

[/html]
[html]

"Of course!" Element replied, wrapping his tail around his paws for what must have been the third time. He enjoyed the company as the girl sat down next to him and watched as her horse grazed in the grasses. He admired it from afar; he knew that such a creature could easily overpower him if it became angry, and he had no intentions of making it so. Rather, he sat back and watched as it ate grass and hay from the corn-scented ground.

"Do many of you keep horses? I've seen quite a few already," Element said, remembering from when his friend had ridden her horse here. The scent of horses was quite prevalent here, for reasons Element didn't quite know; he had, however, seen plenty of horses around, and the scent was almost always fresh. He supposed it was normal for them to have horses; for a Luperci, it was very easy to mount a horse and then go anywhere you wanted faster than walking or running, and they provided comfort and company to those who needed it. Element knew that if he'd been born a Luperci, he'd almost certainly have a horse.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#lilianaaugust1{width:430px; margin:auto;background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... liana1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:5px solid #bfb4a2;}#lilianaaugust1 b{font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif; color:#000000;}#lilianaaugust1 p{color:#5a4534; font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; margin-top:0px;}#lilianaaugust1 i{float:right;}</style>

OOC: you get baby porcupine!!

She was thankful that the cat allowed it, if anything he would have moved, but if she knew cats, they had a tendency to not do something others wanted, though Element seemed to want her company, he looked over at Grace, and Lili did as well, proud of her mare that had come to her willingly, a rare thing indeed.

Many people in the tribe do have plenty of horses, we even have them to help us work on our fields so we can eat… as well as them of course. It’s a nice circle.

She said, meaning they provided for them and vice versa. It was just like in the structure of the pack, one just had to gain the trust of the horse so that it was willing to work with them.

I’m actually the caretaker of the horses, I make sure they are well housed and fed.

She said, then looked back at the cat, wondering if he wished to ride a horse, though she couldn’t see why he would, he was a cat after all, they did things for themselves.

Do many cats speak? From all my travels I have not met one until today of course.

She was being rather talkative today, though she did feel that she was much more comfortable around other animals than she did other wolves… except Nayati, she reminded herself. It was nice to know there were other animals that spoke high speech, and it made her wonder what else could do so.

[/html]
[html]
thats such a cute table!!!

Many people in the tribe do have plenty of horses, we even have them to help us work on our fields so we can eat… as well as them of course. It’s a nice circle.

The concept of Luperci growing their own food - along with horses helping - was a new concept to Element. He had never eaten leaves or fruit before, being a cat, since cats were strict carnivores. He knew that wolves and canines could eat plants, though, so he supposed that when plants were hard to find, it'd be good to have a garden or a farm to pick from. He wondered if they had edible animals, as well.

I’m actually the caretaker of the horses, I make sure they are well housed and fed.

"That must be fun for you," the black cat said. "And the horses seem very well taken care of. I met another member of AniWaya that had a horse; she let me ride him here. Her name's Sanuye. Do you know her?"

He was being talkative today, and he wasn't sure why; maybe it was the excitement of meeting new people and being in a new territory. And it seemed that the curiousity was contagious.

Do many cats speak? From all my travels I have not met one until today of course.

"Some cats speak High Speech," he said, "But all speak Low Speech. It's due to their tendency to stay away from Luperci, I think." It was true; cats and canines were enemies in the old days, and Element was only the exception to the rule.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

WC:195

she beamed with pride as he mentioned the horses were well taken care of but that didn’t last long as he mentioned Sanuye, she was not an enemy of the female that was spoken of, but she wasn’t very fond of her either.

Yes, I met her once, she’s… well she is nice.

Liliana said, though she wasn’t lying, she wished she was, so she really did have a good reason to dislike the coyote mix, but sadly that wasn’t the case. Though her new feline companion’s comment about cats speaking did make her crack a smile.

Well I think most wolves are just allergic to cats. Though I see why they would want to stay away. We do have a tendency to bite.

she said jokingly, hoping on the inside that Element would find that amusing in the least. Though it seemed more of a canine joke than anything else, but she did wish more felines would be around, she knew they could mouse so much better than a dog or anything could, though she wasn’t about to ask Element if he wanted to stay and catch the mice that lived in the barn.

[/html]
[html]
wc: 269

Element could sense the lapse in Liliana's speech; she didn't really like the girl, Sanuye, although she wasn't lying when she said she was nice. Element wondered what sort of conflict had gone between them, if anything at all - sometimes, people just didn't like others for no apparent reason, and it seemed that this could be one of those times. He didn't remark on the lapse and the change of tone in Liliana's voice, however; he was a private sort of person, not one to point out things that might embarrass the other. He tucked the note away mentally in his head, however, and remembered not to mention Liliana to Sanuye or vice versa again.

Element laughed at Liliana's joke; allergic to cats, indeed. He had actually heard of such things, but he knew she was joking - he wondered what would happen if a wolf was allergic to other wolves? That'd be not so great a thing for that wolf! "I'm just glad I'm not allergic to myself," he joked back, eyes sparkling.

He looked around; there were lots of mice hidden in the tall grass, waiting to be caught. But Element had eaten not long before, and he did not hunt for sport. He kept his eyes on a small brown mouse, however, as it ate a piece of grain on the floor. Its whiskers twitched, apparently not aware that Element was there. If he had been hungry, he could have caught it in a heartbeat - there really weren't any other cats here, he realized.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:112 :/ OOC: well I’m sure we’ll get something going. Big Grin

Liliana smiled at Element at his reply to her joke, yes it would be a good thing if he wasn’t allergic to himself.

Do you have a place to live? Is it around here?

She asked curiously, doubting that he really did live this close to the village, or they wouldn’t have so much of a rodent problem. Maybe he could convince another cat to come live with them, with the promise of plenty of food? Even if the cat chased the mice away, she’d feed the cat. It would be the same help me help you situation, but she wasn’t sure. She would wait for Element’s answer before asking about that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Element shook his head as Liliana asked if he lived around here. "I live in the library in Halifax," he said proudly. He loved his home - the books, the words, the atmosphere...people came and went, but Element would always remain. A literary cat. A library cat. A cat with a home, which was more than he could say for many cats - a lot of them liked to just float like the breeze, not claiming a home but simply going where they wanted to go. Lolloping on the sea like a piece of seaweed - and that was fine. Element didn't mind. But he himself loved his library, and wouldn't trade it for the entire world.

"It's a great place," he said. "Knowledge as far as the eye can see..." Element lost himself in a vision of the library - he was slightly homesick, slightly sad. But happy, too...he was seeing the world, even if it was a little corner of it. The world. And one day, he'd write a book about his own little world, his own little adventures.

<style type="text/css">
.elementfreebee01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c7d0b0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e3d34; }
.elementfreebee01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; text-align:center;}
.elementfreebee01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.elementfreebee01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#828a6b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebee02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c7d0b0; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.elementfreebee01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #3e3d34; margin:0 auto;}
.elementfreebee01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #c7d0b0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 183
[/html]
[html]

OOC Stuff

She made a sound of recognition, Halifax…

I have been there, well once. I found the graveyard there… and well I haven’t been back since, but a library is a new word for me… what is a library?

She knew she was not a very well learned canine, and it showed that she was rather embarrassed by it, but she was also willing to learn as well. And he spoke again, though he didn’t explain the actual meaning of the word she heard knowledge, and it made her perk up a bit… she wanted to be able to understand things more and what if there were things about horses that hadn’t been taught by her mother there? There could be teachers there that could teach her other ways to train her horses, easier as well.

Might I be able to visit sometime? I would love to see this knowledge, maybe learn something too!

Her bushy tail wagged back and forth in excitement. She wanted to go now, but that was out of the question she had so many chores to do that she had to stay within the confines of the packlands until thins cooled down, but the idea of a place like that not so far away… it was exciting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

The graveyard...? Yes, he remembered now - off to the side, in a place shaded by trees that seemed to block out the light and the day, there was a graveyard. It contained the bones and ashes of humans passed on before the disease wiped them out - a sort of a tribute to those who had gone away from here and to the other world. Element respected that, but didn't visit there often - in fact, he had only accidentally wandered upon it once before never returning again. He respected that the humans buried their loved ones underneath that dirt, and he didn't wish to tread on those memories, nor disturb the black flowers laid upon their resting places.

Element's ears pricked as she mentioned that she had never heard of the word library - that could mean that she'd also never heard of books, and didn't know how to read. He didn't jump to this conclusion, however - it was very likely that she didn't know what a library was, but still knew of books and reading. She sensed a feeling of embarrassment on the girl, however, and felt sympathy - to not know something, however, was nothing to be ashamed of, and there were plenty of days in their lives to learn more and more until the sun set on their days forever. If she did know, extra knowledge wouldn't hurt - and if she didn't, all the better. To explain it all to her now, however, seemed a good idea to the feline. "A library is a massive collection of books," he began. "Which are collections of written words - each holds its own knowledge. There are books on everything - most were written by humans in the library, but I think a Luperci may have contributed one or two."

He thought that was an intriguing idea, at the least - that a wolf or another creature could have written a book and shelved it among the lore of humans. It was inter-species communication, if a delayed one at that. Element believed that books were a window to a world - and there were multiple worlds, hundreds upon hundreds, millions upon millions, even. To have other creatures, long after the demise of humans, start to fill the void of literature was an amazing and great thing indeed.

He was snapped out of his revere when Liliana asked another question - if she could visit. "But of course!" he exclaimed. "The library is a gift to all - I merely live in it," he said.

<style type="text/css">
.elementfreebee01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c7d0b0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e3d34; }
.elementfreebee01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; text-align:center;}
.elementfreebee01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.elementfreebee01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#828a6b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebee02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c7d0b0; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3d34; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.elementfreebee01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #3e3d34; margin:0 auto;}
.elementfreebee01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #c7d0b0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 425
[/html]
[html]

WC: 224 OOC: well it’s possible to end this soon if you want!

His words were so hard to imagine. That many books in one place? She owned one and that was because it had been gifted to her graciously by a friend. But to have a huge collection of books, it made her wonder what she was missing. She was illiterate but she had little need to read or write, but was that because she never knew what it was like to experience it all?

I will have to visit someday then!

She said smiling. Maybe she could teach herself how to read or something. She thought if there were so many books there it wouldn’t be so hard to learn. She wondered if the cat could read, is that why he chose the library… it made her feel ridiculously low thinking a cat… who had no hands… could read and she could not.

So you can read those books?

She asked, yes she was asking for a punishment from his answer, but she wanted to be certain. If the cat could read though… she should surely be able to learn. It would be a good incentive for her to start learning. She didn’t think the cat a lesser animal… well not anymore, especially this one. He was quite a learned creature and it was nice to know that wolves weren’t the only intelligent creatures around.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]