When two pups collide ,
[html]

Hope you like it. <3 398 words...

Poppy was hard at work, her furry puppy face scrunched up in concentration. It required all of her attention, the task she had at hand, and she wasn't about to quit. How could she, when her sanity was at stake? She had a lot on the line, here! She absolutely had to fix this dilemma!

At this point in time you may be starting to wonder just what wasn't right in Poppyland? Well, funny you should ask! The thing is, for the past hour now Poppy had been lying on her bed, bored out of her mind. Most wolves would probably use such a time to reflect on choices they had made in the recent past, or perhaps catch up on much needed sleep, but Poppy was not most wolves; she absolutely positively needed to find something to do - someone to play with... and fast!

Magnolia wasn't around and neither was Foxglove, so they wouldn't be victims of her randomness... her mother and Pippa were busy; she didn't know very many of her pack members well enough to ask them to play with her... Oh!

Poppy as brilliant when she put her mind to the test, which was why seconds later she had bolted out of the door, in search for one person who she knew she could count on to relieve her boredom. Range Soul - he was another puppy who, although was not part of Poppy's litter, had been born not too long before her. He lived in this pack and... Poppy just had to find him. She really did hope he wouldn't find it strange that she, a complete stranger, was coming out of nowhere asking if he wanted to play a game with her.

He wouldn't mind. Poppy was Poppy; everyone wanted to play with her! Or so she told herself. "Range!" she squealed as she spotted the light-colored wolf nearby, running as fast as her tiny legs could take her until she was near enough to launch herself and tackle him to the ground. "I'm bored and want to play! Play with me?" the two month-old asked, dragging out the word 'bored' to show just how badly she needed him. Let me tell you, she needed him very badly! He was all the hope she had left to save her from dying of complete and utter boredom! He wouldn't let her down, now would he?

<style type="text/css">
.poppyfield .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding:8px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #5c4527 1px 1px 1px; color:#980b03; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poppyfield {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#91a686; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2vrwjkh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #980b03; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: tahoma; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC:312

The warm rays of the sun had provided a exceptional blanket for the young fellow. Even with his coat growing thicker every day; beams of comfort filled the neglected spaces where it had not yet grown in completely. Images of boundless fields and beautifully coloured flowers danced behind his eyelids, his puppy paws wiggling as he rested on his back, taking him further and further into dream land.

Range's eyelids fluttered immediately after hearing Poppy's calls of distress. He was off the ground in minutes, preparing to stand up to the brute who dared trespass onto Dahila lands. Poor thing didn't actually listen to the words before assuming it was something more then a false alarm. "Play?" The word was a automatic trigger in almost any pup's mind. He barely had time to think of a game before she tackled him to the ground. Even with him being a bit older then her, he was knocked down like nothing. Assuming that it was because he was caught off guard, the tan pup managed to keep a bit of his dignity. He put up a reasonable struggle, his tail wagging madly underneath him.

"Okay poppy, whats we play?" The tyke asked, beaming up at her. Her eyes always seemed to be a bit different each time they met. They were perfectly rounded, the naturally thick mascara outlining them without flaw and matching her pupils. He had only seen her around once or twice, but she was glowing every time. All the games he and his siblings had played involved getting dirty. And he had recently became aware that not everyone was as enthusiastic about jumping into a pile of mud as he was. He was a bit worried that she might be afraid to get that delicate coat of hers dirty, so waited for her to pick one of the games she enjoyed.

[/html]
[html]

A little shorter than I wanted, but here! <3 342 words...

It was a funny thing, how puppies seemed to care little about the world around them as they put all of their concentration on one particular thing. At least that was the case for Poppy Monroe; she was the type of wolf who put in her all at everything she did, whether it was play-fighting with her sisters, hide and go seek, tag, or even the more boring aspects of puppy life: doing a chore or task her Mama had assigned to her.

She nibbled at his ear momentarily as she waited for a response, her russet tail wagging slightly. When he finally agreed to play, asking her just what she felt like doing, the young puppy hopped onto firm ground once more, now completing laps around the tan wolf. She was an excited little one, always full of energy; what should they play... what should they play?

"How about... she mused, her furry face scrunched up in concentration as she stopped her running to stand on all fours right in front of him. "I play a lot of games with my sisters; hide and go seek, chase, play-fighting... we even rolled around in a patch of mud once! Oh! We also tell stories. We mostly do that one after Mama tucked us in for the night but..." she trailed off, deciding that she should say more. Just in case he decided to go and tell her mother what they did when they were supposed to be trying to spring asleep. Then again, Lolita probably already knew their storytelling minutes before one or two of them started snoring. It never did last very long.

"We can do anything at all!" she concluded, excitedly. In all reality, Poppy was not afraid to do anything. She could easily get down and dirty, but she could also be calm and have a mature conversation with her sisters, mother and aunt about what she'd done during her day - usually the mature talking resulted in bickering between her and the other Monroe pups, but Poppy called it mature, anyway.

<style type="text/css">
.poppyfield .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding:8px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #5c4527 1px 1px 1px; color:#980b03; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poppyfield {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#91a686; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2vrwjkh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #980b03; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: tahoma; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
S'okay, mine isn't wonderful either. x: WC:246

His roused tail came into view as he sat up, his belly bloated from a snack he had found earlier. He wasn't a very good hunter, but some times he got lucky. He didn't really have his nursing teeth anymore and the ones that replaced them weren't very good for tearing. "I play a lot of games with my sisters; hide and go seek, chase, play-fighting... we even rolled around in a patch of mud once! Oh! We also tell stories. We mostly do that one after Mama tucked us in for the night but..." He leaned forward to hear more, but she quickly cut herself off. Her musical words gave him the okay to play with her just like he did with Melee.

"Okay! Lets play hide n' seek! I run, and you track with you're nose to find me!" The last sentence had been some thing he had took from Nayru when she was giving him tips on how to hunt. "We’re going to have to track it down. Use your nose." It fit very well with what he was trying to explain, which new words didn't always do. Before giving her a chance to reply, Range darted off. Of course he tripped over his paws and anything else larger then a loaf of bread, but he eventually found a decent spot to hide. He threw himself behind a large rock, his ears showing just over the top as he sat and waited.

[/html]