But I'm Too Young To Worry
[html]
Back-date this to yesterday? :] Dampwoods.

She rubbed her mangled hand absently as she walked, kicking dead leaves and sticks out of her way as she went. The woods had gotten thicker since her departure from the mountain and the trees overhead blocked out most of the mid-day sun, chilling the area. Ever since her paw had gotten stuck in the old hunter's trap she'd had issues with it. It wasn't completely useless, but she often found herself struck with tremors whenever she tried to grip something with it for a long period of time or lift something heavy. She had to have broken some fingers, in the very least, and the female had been stuck in the trap for so long that even she had not been able to completely fix the damage done. Naniko had once been a great healer.

She'd met up with a new wolf named Teddy already, a loner like herself and her sister, and had told him to meet with her the following day to discuss forming some sort of a pack or group. At the very least they could help support each other and hunt together. It'd make things a lot easier. Her best case scenario would be to actually get a real pack going. The white wolf hadn't been back for long, but she had big ideas and had her sister and esteemed colleague Azalea by her side to help her put it into action.

Naniko had thought that she might be a bit of hunting in on this day. The tall luperci had to keep her strength up to be able to provide Scorpius his food. Her one-month-old pup relied completely on her milk. After meeting Teddy, she had left him in the care of Selene so that she could go and look for something good to eat. She sniffed at the breeze, trying to smell whether any p/rey animals were nearby. There were many odd scents in these woods...hopefully she would be able to sift through them and find what she really wanted.

[/html]
[html]

There was monotony to his daily life that suited the dark wolf. He would take care of his horse, hunt, and sleep. He did not spend much time worrying about other things. When the can tah spoke he would listen, but there was often silence. He did not mind this. Most of his life had been spent in silence. Perhaps this was why he had gone mad.

Larkspur had been lucky today. He was a good hunter, but hunting alone afforded little room for error. It had been two days since he had eaten. Stumbling across the buck had been lucky—the fact it was a young male luckier. There had been little struggle, and after his belly was full, Larkspur had returned home to fetch his horse. He did not trust the woods to hide the remains of his meal for long. With the carcass riding behind the saddle, he was making his way home.

The horse alerted him to the stranger before he noticed her. The wind had shifted and now put them downwind of her. Larkspur’s eyes narrowed, but his pupils widened dramatically—they turned inward and listened to the can tah, which told him what he knew from sight. This wolf was one of his kin. One of the chosen pelts. His face constricted into a snarl as he approached boldly, the draft horse loud over the dry earth. “What are you doing here?” He spat.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Woop woop!

She had some ideas of what she wanted to do with the members that she found, if she found any at all. If she could, she wanted to gather up whatever family members she could find in these lands. Perhaps some of her children would want to be with her now that she was back. Naniko didn’t know how strong her ties were with any of them anymore, with the exception of little Scorpius. He would be raised with a mother’s love, fully and completely. She wouldn’t leave him.

Her head turned behind her just as she heard the hissed words, fur bristling at the tone in his voice. Who was this wolf and why would he be talking to her in such a tone? She backed up a few steps from the rider and his mount, frowning. Her nose worked, trying to get a scent off of him, but all that she could smell was the fresh meat that he carried behind him on his horse. She cleared her throat, getting a few low words out.”This land ain’t claimed. Yet.” Did he think this place belonged to him, or something?
[/html]
[html]

She could try and stay calm, but he could see her fur rise and read her tone well enough. The black and white wolf bared his teeth. She had no idea who he was. The whispering voice spoke again, spoke and told him everything that he needed to know. No wonder her son was such an impudent brat. I live here,” he challenged, muscles growing taunt. His horse, sensing this, snorted and stamped one foreleg in an agitated manner.

“And I ain’t got no patience for yer bad blood t’be ruinin’ anything.” A vague threat. He had no need to kill his own kin, though many would not have hesitated to do the same to him. Larkspur’s purpose was higher—he had been saved, he had been chosen, he heard the voice of Tak and had seen his eye through the ini. The darkness had touched him, but not taken him. This alone made him better than her.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

What a peculiar thought, that anyone would be living in this area. Naniko had been here for a few days without meeting anyone or smelling anyone at all, but perhaps one wolf wouldn't make enough scent to fill this place up. He had to be a loner, then, in this unclaimed territory. It was interesting that he had a horse as a lone wolf, though. She'd seen some packs that had raised horses, but hadn't come across a horse since she had left.

She didn't know what to make of his words, exactly, but his raised lip made her all the more wary. Such aggression from another wolf was unwarranted; she'd done nothing to upset him...not that she could think of. Passing through an unclaimed territory wasn't something that was wrong. Maybe it had something to do with his gender; she had stopped trusting males after her rape, and his aggression made her more certain in her opinion of them. "What do you mean, bad blood?"

[/html]
[html]

Living without a pack was proving to be a burden in this cooling weather. His horse was lacking in food, and he knew she would need more to make it through the winter. Though it had only been a few weeks, he could feel himself getting weaker. Not by much, but enough to concern him. He would need to do better. He could not afford to die yet.

Larkspur laughed. It was a bitter, harsh thing. “Yer father ruined ya. He didn’t teach ya nothin’ ‘bout the family. Let that stupid whore ruin his bloodline.” He held up one arm, displaying the white scars that spoke the language of the dead and foretold a prophecy to those who could read it. “Y’ain’t nothin’ but bad blood. Y’ain’t a true D’Angelo.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She hadn't met many D'Angelos before. Many had left the pack just after her birth, her own mother and father leaving her behind as they went to seek out new territory. Selene had been lucky to have been born with them and stay with them, at least for a little while. Naniko had instead gone into the care of the crazy wolf Iskata. Their relationship had ended with the female trying to kill her.

"My mother was a whore?" He'd just met her and now he was insulting her? "She took off when I was barely able to talk, so I wouldn't know. But let me tell you...I'm as much a D'Angelo as you are...If...you are one. I don't even know who you are." Naniko said. She wondered why he'd taken the time out of his day for this discussion. He had to be getting some amusement from it...why bother, otherwise? "But I'd watch my step later on if I were you. This area will soon be claimed by the pack that I'm forming. You may find yourself homeless sooner rather than later."

[/html]
[html]

The woman seemed surprised that he might speak so boldly. Lark’s face twisted into a toothy snarl-smile, whiskers curling up towards his muzzle. “The only true D’Angelo’s come from the Khalif. You and all the ones like ya lost the faith and lost all right t’be called D’Angelo.” The challenge of her pack was laughable. He turned the horse sharply, kicking up dead leaves as he did so.

“Mark me, I ain’t afraid of you or yer ‘pack’. There ain’t nothin’ that can save the lot of ya from Tak.” An ominous, disguised threat. Larkspur doubted she even knew who the ancient god was.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
:]

She supposed that any trespassers would be dealt with accordingly after the pack was formed. This old, scarred man would be kicked out whether he was afraid of them or not. She raised an eyebrow, shrugging. "Well you have fun with your whole...uh...Kuh-layf thing. Whatever the Hell that is."

It was probably best to take her leave before things got too messy. She looked wistfully at the carcass hanging off the back of his horse before turning around, paws taking her off into the surrounding woods.

[/html]