console me in my darkest hour
[html]

I'm baaaaaaaack Big Grin Totally wasn't going to be able to sleep until I posted this so here it is and now I'm going to bed. XD And Xion will be back later.

1. Character Name: Xeris de Heritage

2. Character Birthdate (including year): May 10, 2006

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

4. Species: Canis lupus verto

5. Gender: Female

6. A secondary form of contact: silverxflamexx at hotmail dot com (MSN)

7. Currently played characters: Used to play Xeris and Xion.

8. How you found 'Souls: I have been here, derp

It was cold. Winter was clearly returning to Phoenix Valley, and quickly.

Winter was returning, and so was Xeris.

The white wolfess staggered through the lands of what was once Nova Scotia in lupus form, the icy air nipping at her fur. Her golden eyes glinted in the moonlight, oddly blank and devoid of the emotion they usually carried. But after what she had seen and what she had been through, there was no reason for her to be the same wolfess she used to be.

She had changed physically, too. The already scarred Xeris had gained four more scars, long slashes along her throat down to her collarbone. They stung in the night air, still not completely healed. Her right ear was also damaged, with the tip ripped off and a ragged edge remaining. Despite all this, she continued forward, determined. There was only one place she knew that she could go, and that was the Valley. She remembered the area from before; it had been several weeks since she left but the thoughts of this place were still embedded in her mind. She thought of her mate, Pendzez, and her sons, Carwyn and Delwyn. They were still here, they had to be. She had promised them that she would try and return. But she never thought she would end up returning like this.

At last, the scent of Phoenix Valley reached the mother wolfess’ nose. She was getting close. Xeris continued onward until she was on the edge of the border, scanning the area for any sign of other wolves. There was no one else around. Thus, she lifted her head into the air, revealing her scarred throat, and howled into the darkness in hopes of summoning someone, Jefferson or Geneva perhaps. She was coming home now, and if she could help it, she would not be leaving again.

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru b {font-weight:bold; color:#E8E8E8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerfru list { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.xerfru p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xerfru {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#060604; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/259bfw4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
!!! So good to see you back!! <3

As it was customary of Jefferson, any and all excitement that inhabited the cyclops was very mildly expressed in any fashion whatsoever. Phoenix Valley was growing again—it was expected with the quick onslaught of cold weather and wintertime and loners could not survive in such times—and as much as it excited the leader, he spoke nothing of it. Those who knew him well could easily detect a certain peppiness he usually suppressed or worked around, and those that did not know him were given a first impression that would be defeated quickly soon enough.

The cyclops was pleased at the return of Rendall, but her revival as a member in the pack, of course, brought the analyst to overthink much that didn't deserve it. Where were so many others he had come to know and come to lose? Where was DaVinci and Ryan, their new litter? What about DaVinci's old litter, for that matter—Jefferson's apprentice, Ty, and his sister Skylar? What about Jefferson's own litter—Miriette had disappeared from him completely, as had the older boy that attacked him that first night they met. Heath was safe and sound in Cour des Miracles, distant and willingly separated; the brute could only hope the best for him in his absence, but knowing he was safe and in a good place was good enough.

Coming across the sound of Xeris's cry made him nearly double take as he pointed his green eye questionably into the air, as if some sign from the heavens would confirm what he'd heard. Two of his older members, returning to Phoenix Valley just days from each other? Impossible. The brute was hardly the type to be optimistic, but Pendzez's children were growing and their father was increasingly absent from the pack and his duties. Not only did her children need her, but Jefferson was rather fond of Xeris as well. His two legs carried him close, but shifted to three before coming upon her moments later. "Xeris," he said quickly, anxiety in his voice. He opened his mouth to question her whereabouts, to ask how she'd been doing—and laid his eye on her scars instead.

Almost instantly he limped closer and circled around her, scanning for any other damage yet to be seen. Concern lay in his eye, studying her form as he went, the guardian within him worrying for that he had once protected, like the rest of the pack, so dearly. Jefferson swung around to her front once more, green eye glowing with a stony sternness in his scars. "What happened to you?" the Patriarch demanded, though compassion lingered in his tone. Welcome backs could happen later.

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Before too long, Xeris could hear someone coming, and she was somewhat relieved to see that it was the Patriarch. She noted the look of concern when he laid his single eye upon her, and let out a shaky breath. She'd already had to explain to Jefferson about one fight, now there was another. Nonetheless, she looked back at him and spoke hoarsely. "Jefferson."

Naturally, he asked what had happened. Where to begin? The entirety of her tale was long and unpleasant, and she was not sure if either herself or her former pack leader wanted to hear all of it. "The de Heritage clan is gone. Dead. I am the only one left. It was a set-up. I was led back to my homeland not by a comrade of my father's, but by his enemy. I arrived in the middle of war." Her voice was solemn and monotone. This, she decided, was enough of a response for now. The details were too gruesome and uncomfortable for her to recall, especially here in the middle of the night as she was returning to her former pack. She quickly changed the subject. "Has Xion returned? I became suspicious and told her to come back without me." Xeris had felt sure that she could trust her daughter on her own, but only hoped that Xion knew the way back and could return without too much trouble.
She then, finally, got to the main point of what she wanted to say. "I would like to return to Phoenix Valley. This is the only home I have now."

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerfru list { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.xerfru {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#060604; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/259bfw4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

What to reply to a story like that? Jefferson fell back on his haunches and listened in a solemn silence as she shared her brief tale. Where the scars came from exactly, that wasn't necessary. There was no need for her to go into detail; betrayal had a way of making pain and combat necessary, and Jefferson could only believe Xeris was no exception of that. "I'm sorry," he said when she finished her tale, utterly unsure of what else there was to say.

"Xion's not here," he said, his ears perking. If she wasn't with her mother, where was she? Her siblings and father were still in Phoenix Valley, after all. "No sign of her, but we'll keep an eye out." He hesitated. "You're always welcome here, you and Xion. If you need to go looking for her, I understand. I can tell your family you're safe."

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Jefferson's reply was short, but she had not expected much more of a response. The last time she had gotten into a fight, she had been scolded by the Patriarch for her carelessness in wandering into Inferni territory; now, there was no need for that. Xeris lowered her eyes to the ground momentarily, not sure what else to say.

The news that her daughter had not yet been seen was alarming at first, but Xeris had to convince herself that Xion was still all right. In the weeks before leaving Phoenix Valley the girl had taken to wandering about the unclaimed lands and spent a lot of time on her own. Surely she could take care of herself. Jefferson offered to tell her family if Xeris wanted to go search for Xion, but the white wolfess shook her head. "I have faith in her," she replied. "She'll find her way back. I just hope she finds her way back alone." Her attempt at lightening the situation was slightly marred by the lack of enthusiasm in her statement, which instead of being humorous came across as dry sarcasm. But she couldn't really help it now. She was tired. "I would like to go see Pendzez and my sons."

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"I understand," he nodded, patient and quiet as always. The many thoughts that whirred within his mind—Xion's whereabouts, the collapse of Xeris's home and her personal well-being as a result, and how many other former Valley members wouldn't return to them that winter and risk starvation or death as a result—simply remained there, trapped within a cage to be mulled on for many more days on end. The Patriarch breathed, inhaling the cold air and closing his eye just briefly. Though washed with relief at both Rendall and Xeris's respective safe returns, he couldn't help but feel there was something more he could do for all the rest that were still gone. Ty and Skylar. DaVinci, Ryan. Miriette and her brother.

He pushed himself to his feet once more, sighed and shook his head. "You'll have to start over in the ranks again," he said, turning a dim green eye to her. "You left so suddenly, we..." A pause, then he straightened his shoulders and raised his head, charisma suddenly thick in his tone. "I need you to prove you're responsible enough not to let us down like that again."

A sigh once more, then he turned and motioned for her to follow with a flick of his head. "Come. Let's find your family."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.