like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun
[html]

Naturally, the first place Xeris wanted to go was to the cabin she shared with Pendzez and their children. She was both anxious to see her mate and sons again, and also worried about how they would take the news she brought, especially about Xion's whereabouts being unknown. Nonetheless, she had to do this.

Xeris had parted from Jefferson on the way to the cabin, and by now she was alone, silhouetted in the moonlight against the Mirror Lakes. She paused briefly, staring into the water at her reflection, at the four slashes along her throat and her right ear, now missing its tip. The cold, calm water reflected back an image that made her shudder. In a sudden burst of rage, she slapped a paw against the water's surface, her white fur meeting with the icy water and shattering the reflection in a burst of ripples. By the time the water had calmed, Xeris had shifted into optime form, now standing much taller. Before the ripples could fully dissipate, however, the scarred white wolfess turned away, not wanting to see herself again.

It was not far to the cabin now. Xeris walked slowly on her two feet, trying to be quiet as she approached but knowing she would have to wake her family, or at least Pendzez. Finally she approached the door, and reached out hesitantly to open it. The old wooden door made a soft creak as it opened, and Xeris peered inside to look for her family. "Pendzez?" she called, her voice just above a whisper, hoping to wake him but not Delwyn or Carwyn. It would be best if they spoke alone first.

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru b {font-weight:bold; color:#E8E8E8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerfru list { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.xerfru p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xerfru {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#060604; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/259bfw4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
The white male laid on the white bed silently. He gazed out of the window at the silvery moon as it shined elegantly through the glass against his white pelt. He felt alone, even with the boys in the cabin. He felt the absence of his beloved mate Xeris, in other words, he did not feel the touch of his mate at all. He laid alone on this night once again. He almost about to remain like this, almost feeling sorry for himself. He wanted her back, and his only daughter.

He thought to again sleep on this lonely night, as it was ever since she left. Just before his eye closed, he heard a creek at the door. Immediately, he thought it was the boys returning, however, to his surprise, he heard a familiar female voice that called for him. He rolled over in the bed, finding the one female he so wanted to see again. "Xeris?" he replied, getting out of bed to meet her at the door
[html]

Xeris' heart leaped at the sound of her mate's voice. He had obviously been awake already. The white wolfess looked at Pendzez as he approached, and beckoned for him to come outside after casting her golden-eyed gaze across the sleeping forms of her sons. She didn't want to wake them; she could surprise them in the morning, perhaps.

But for now, what mattered was that she was back with Pendzez again. Feeling tears forming in her eyes, she locked her gaze with his, as if trying to make sure that he was real. The moonlight illuminated the new scars along her throat and the rip in her ear, and upon realizing this, Xeris began to break down. She threw herself forward against her mate, wrapping her arms around him and sobbing quietly. "Oh, Pendzez..." she said, her voice just above a whisper. "Pendzez, I'm so sorry. It...it was a trap. I was fooled. My parents, my birth pack, they're...they're..." Her voice began to break. "They're gone, Pendzez." She pressed her face against the warm fur of her mate's shoulder. "I sent Xion home before we got there," Xeris explained, "But Jefferson says he hasn't seen her, and I don't know where she could be!" As much as Xeris trusted her daughter and believed that she could take care of herself, she was still distraught over the fact that Xion's whereabouts were currently unknown. She feared that Pendzez would scold her; that she had been a bad mother, losing her child like this. But that was in the back of her mind. Now she was home, and she was relieved, at least, for that fact.

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerfru list { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.xerfru {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#060604; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/259bfw4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Pendzez had become speechless as he saw, once again after a long time it seemed, his beloved mate, the one female that he would only touch, that he would only be with. The one he chose to be his partner. He saw the tears forming and slowly running down from her golden orbs as his red eyes met with hers. He slowly raised his arm up, his hand holding her shoulder, showing in some comfort.

However, though that he had felt her once again, it was shortly after that she threw herself at him, clinging and gripping onto him tightly. He was shortly paralyzed, eventually holding her back, caressing her back. Her words were full of sorrow, hearing that she was betrayed by the enemies of her former pack. Xion had left at Xeris word, but she was yet to return to the Valley. Hearing all this, even with Xion, he held her tightly, nuzzling her shoulder. "My dear, sweet Xeris. I'm glad your alright. Xion has a strong will. She will return home"
[html]

It was comforting for Xeris, to feel Pendzez's touch and his embrace. She let out a few shaky breaths as he spoke, assuring her that Xion was probably safe. The warmth of his fur against hers was a sharp contrast to the chilling night air. "I-it's good to see you again, too," she finally managed. She was quiet for what seemed like forever, trying to collect her thoughts and calm herself down, but there was no way that would happen so easily.

"I'm not leaving again," Xeris said softly. There was no way she could go off like that again, even if she was accompanied by others that she absolutely trusted. She had made a mistake in believing that the stranger wolf was a de Heritage, just because he smelled like the area and bore a message from her father. Her father who she had seen lying in a bloodied heap in the grass that was stained red around him, and could clearly deliver no message. Xeris squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to get the image out of her mind.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]