Rembering the past...
[html]
IC:

Sankara was sitting in a low treebranch. Now that she found a piece of paper and what humans called pencils, she could make some sketches. But today she wasn't feeling very happy. Today she was kinda melancholic because of her family. She missed them, a lot. She wondered how would her life be if her pack wasn't gone. She sighed, she had to let go of this feeling, so she grabbed the piece of paper and started drawing. At the beginning she made some random traces, but her scrawls started to take shape slowly until it started to look like an actual drawing.

When she finished she rised her masterpiece to examine it. It showed a couple of wolves sitting next to each other on top of a moon with three pups playing in the lower horn of the moon, and some other wolves behind them. Her family.

"Why am i being so melancholic these days? Come on! i have a new pack now!"

'Even thought i haven't met all of the members' She thought the last part. And that was true, she wanted to leave the past in the past, and live in the present.

So she stood up, kept the pencils in a hole of the tree she was sitting on and jumped away from it, keeping her sketch with her. Now, where would she keep this? it was clear that she couldn't just leave it in the forest because it would get damaged. In the past days she didn't have to wory about this issues. She just dropped her drawings in the places where she drew them. But this drawing was special to her.

"Well well, where will i keep you?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc goodness - Hiiii!! =D
(3 + 5 = 8 points)

“What? Keep who?” A curious voice came from within the trees as Orin responded idly to the words that were not meant for her. Following her own voice, the peculiarly petite Luperci slipped through the brush and stepped into sight, curious honey toned eyes fixated on Sankara. Her stare was one of intrigue, not condensation, and just a beat later a smile touched her face, though there was still a hint of confusion in her eyes. She gave Sankara a once-over, liking what she saw in the woman’s fascinatingly marked coat. Orin’s only interesting marks were the ones she gave herself, and she had always admired those with unique pelts like this one.

Without taking too much time to reflect, Orin walked right up to the woman with little restraint. Sidling up to her side, she tried to peek down at the paper in her hand to see what was scrawled onto it. Orin had not yet met this particular pack mate and was somewhat hoping that she may be another writer. Not once did it occur to the nosy woman that whatever was on the paper might be private.

“Who were you talking to?” She asked nonchalantly as she tried to peer at the paper, though stopped for a moment to glance around, only to confirm that no one was there. Orin should know better for she was prone to talking to herself, too, and sometimes in more drastic ways than Sankara’s innocent muttering to herself, but that had not occurred to her.

“Oh, by the way,” she chattered with a grin. “You must be new? At least, I haven’t seen you around here before – but to be honest I don’t think I’ve met everyone yet. I’m Orin.”

She held out her hand, offering a shake, but without losing a beat turned her eyes back to the paper. “So, what have you got there?”

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Hiiiiiii!!! Nice to finally meet you X3

IC:

Sankara almost jumped out of her skin when she heard a piping voice behind her. She turned around to see a small female coming out of some bushes. The newcomer was white, except for her mane and tail, which were dyed pink. Sankara didn't really like to dye her own hair, but always enjoyed watching other's job on their own fur. The woman was asking about the paper in her hand, which was now hidden behind her back. Sankara stared at her with wide eyes as she walked towards her and gave her a warm smile, which calmed her down.She started to ask her about her past blabbering...She was lucky that she had fur, if not her face would be 10 shades of red. Somebody heard her talking to an inanimate object...how embarrasing.

Later the small woman introduced herself. Orin. Sankara was about to introduce herself when Orin asked her about her drawing...again. She would not give up until she told her what it was. She sighed, but finally took the hand that Orin Offered to her.

"Nice to meet you Orin, I'm Sankara, but you can call me Kara for short. And this..." She was hesitant whether to show her her drawiing or not "It's a drawing that i just made."

She took the drawing from behind her and handed it to her "This is my family. The moon" She pointed at the big moon in which the wolves were standing on "was a popular symbol within my pack. Even i wear one" She said while turning her head to show Orin the wooden moon hanging on her braid. Now she didn't feel unconfortable anymore, she was happy of meeting another pack member.

[/html]
[html]

(3 points)

“The pleasure is all mine,” she retorted with great exuberance as she gave Sankara’s hand a firm, friendly shake.

Her expression went blank for just a half second when the woman decided to finally show Orin the drawing. As she held up the paper Orin’s golden eyes shifted to peer at the piece, carefully examining the illustration. It was not what she expected to see at all, for any piece of paper in Orin’s possession would be hastily covered with inked letters; whatever sort that felt like coming out of her imagination at that moment (or whatever knowledge she was transcribing from an old book at the time). This was a different kind of storytelling altogether, and immediately it’s beauty struck Orin’s core.

At once, her countenance shifted from a look of meager interest to fascinated delight. Her ears perked and she reached out steadily as if to take the drawing from her pack mate, but she thought better of it at the last second and merely leaned in for a closer inspection of the art. That smile came back to her face, though the awe was still present in her eyes.

“Wow, Kara! That’s not what I expected at all. When I saw the paper I thought you might be a writer. All the other artists I’ve met have been doing their work on trees and rocks and dirt,” she flicked her eyes to the woman’s visage once, before looking back to the picture. “It’s really beautiful, I envy your talent. You did this just now, sitting here?” She seemed a little dubious. Where did she find a surface and a utensil proper enough to make the picture with? She did not realize the woman had stashed her other supplies. “That’s a beautiful pendant, too, where did you get it?”

“Your family? You have honored them. Do you plan to send it to them?” Her eyes skimmed over the image of the crescent and the wolves that played within. The picture was so endearing and sincere that it tugged at Orin’s heartstrings and brought a well of emotion to the fore. Though it ultimately made her happy, she felt a sudden unexpected longing for her brother, and even for the parents that she had so long ago lost.

<style type="text/css">
.orin_scroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:90px; color:#000000}
.orin_scroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:95px; color:#79341c}
.orin_scroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin_scroll {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/619/orinmid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: phew, finally a chance to write!! sorry if it took me too long to answer

IC:

Sankara felt proud as Orin congratulated her for such a nice work, lookig carefully at it, even thought she never touched it.

"Yes, i did this just now" She answered to the woman's question about her drawing "And thanks, this pendant was made by my former pack members".

Orin looked impressed by her work, and she looked at her with joy in her eyes. She wondered about what kind of artist was she. She looked very talkative, hence she had an active imagination. Her golden eyes showed interest the whole time that they had been together, and Sankara liked that. If Orin was a writer (chances are that she may be one) she could teach her to read...if she wanted of course.

But her thoughts were cut off when Orin asked about a delicate topic: her family. She didn't want to talk about it right now. Sankara wasn't the kind of people who trusts a person the first moment she sees it. She didn't talk about her past until she had enough confidence to say it out loud. But she had been alone for a long time, and she had started to like Orin and her talkative personality.

"Well, hummm. I don't think that they could recieve this..." She said scratching the back of her head, avoiding eye contact. "A long story, to put it short, i lost all my family" She really didn't want to talk about that, so she changed the subject "I was wondering, are you a writer? Shawchert told me that there were writers among the pack...and if you are one of them, would you teach me to read?"

She hoped that they could leave the talk about her 'Family issues' for another time...

[/html]
[html]

OOC No worries! <3 (3 points)

A perceptive flash of pain jolted in Orin’s eyes for a fraction of a second when Sankara told her that she had lost her family. Of course, the way Sankara said it was veiled, and Orin could easily be taking an innocent statement the wrong way. Though Orin often trudged forth despite putting her foot in her mouth, as though she did not know she was about to offend someone, this was one time she picked up on the other’s secret wishes. She went along with the change in subject, filing the topic of family away for another time. Yet knowing Orin, that time would not be too far off. She could only stave off her curiosity for so long.

Orin’s attention was quickly diverted once the woman uttered the word ‘writer.’ Her demeanor did a flip, and her ears perked back up, eyes lighting up with unsullied vitality. “Yes! I would love to!” She grabbed the woman’s arm excitedly.

“I am a writer, I just can’t get enough of books. This is perfect since I’m kind of on a dry spell right now. My brother usually digs up books for me from who knows where, but well, my brother isn’t here. But he better have a collection for me next time I visit the Court,” the last part was just a low mumble, more to herself than to Sankara.

With her hands still on Sankara’s arm, she turned as if to jog off and drag the woman with her. “Come on, right now! I can take you back to my book store and fix you up with something to start on.” She was so wrapped up with the prospect that she did not even stop to think if the woman intended to go right now or just some time in the future. “It’s in the shopping district of Thornbury, not too far.”

<style type="text/css">
.orin_scroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:90px; color:#000000}
.orin_scroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:95px; color:#79341c}
.orin_scroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin_scroll {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/619/orinmid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Damn i HATE school!! sorry XD btw if i have any mistakes tell me plz!!

IC:

Sankara almost fell when Orin suddenly grabbed her wrist and started to drag her to who-knows-where. She was talking about how she wanted to find books so bad. Maybe she could help her with that. Finding her pencil wasn't an easy task, neither to find the paper. She let Orin guide her, through the forest. She heard her mumbling something about a 'Court'; by her tone, she realized that it was private, but still she was curious, so she decided to save it for another time.

"You are taking me where?" Sankara asked when Orin mentioned a 'book store'.

Finally they arrived to a village. The village itself was a proof that nature could take over anything; the buildings were all covered by bushes and climbing plants. Sankara had already been there in her search for drawing materials, but she had not seen all the buildings yet. Anyhow, she walked behind Orin as she sprinted towards one of the buildings. She looked really excited about teaching somebody how to do a task as simple as reading

"Orin, what's this place?"She said when she catched on a very excited Orin, who was now standing in the entrance of the building

[/html]
[html]

ooc It’s ok, I’ve been pretty busy with the end of the semester too! (3 points)

She was delighted that Sankara came along quickly, for she had been overjoyed at the thought of having someone to tutor. She flew through the woods and into Thornbury, not bothering to wonder if Sankara had already been to the town or if this was her first visit. The small woman hurried through one of the residential areas and led Sankara into the shopping district. There was a horseshoe of old stores, most of which at this point had been partially cleared of vegetation and explored by several members of Cercatori D’Arte, including Orin herself.

It was not long until Orin stood at the threshold of the bookstore she had found, near the end of the U-shaped district, though before opening the door and flying inside she stopped abruptly and spun around, arms splayed at her sides as she suddenly remembered the fiasco that had gone on the day she claimed the store as her own. She thought it was only fair to give Sankara a warning.

“So uhm...” she said sheepishly for a moment, deciding how she was going to break it to her. “I almost forgot to tell you. There was a little... well... accident the day I found this place so it doesn’t smell too fresh. But I’ve been working hard to get it cleaned up and it’s not half as bad as it was!”

With that, she turned and opened the door and upon the little gust was carried the aged scent of skunk. She looked at Kara, slightly embarrassed. “There was a skunk and Shawchert scared it and made it spray. We ran it off, but not before some of the walls in here got a bit funky. But I scrub them every morning and night and I’m trying to find a salve that will help. I might try slapping on a fresh coat of paint. But really most of the books are okay...”

She slipped inside the bookstore, wondering if Sankara would follow or if the woman found the shop too repulsive to enter. Well, if she did, Orin silently promised not to take offense. After all, she was just now barely getting the smell out of her own fur!

“First we should find you a journal if we can, or if not at least some blank paper so you can practice your letters. Do you have some? I think there’s an old box of paper in the office upstairs that you can have some leaflets of, or we can look around the other shops. Do you know anything about reading and writing? The letters?” She peered back over her shoulder to Kara. “If not, it’s okay, I can teach it all to you. I just need to know where to start.”

[/html]
[html]

IC:

The store was bigger than it appeared from the outside. Orin warned her about the small accident that she had with one those small stinky creatures...well it couldn't be so bad.

And it wasn't bad at all. A small scent lingered in the air, it was unconfortable but bearable. She remembered about the time when had crossed paths with a skunk. Luckly she managed to don't get sprayed by it...but she could smell the little mammal and it was...not pleasant. But Orin looked a bit unsure about how would she react "No problem, it doesn't smell a lot." she said to cheer Orin up.

"Well hummm, i have to know the letters first; i'm fear that i'm THAT ignorant, hehe" She scratched the back of her neck "But I'll do my best to improve! i promise!" Sankara assured. After all, learn fast had been an essential part of her short life.

She walked further and found a spot where to sit. Suddenly she realized something...she still didn't know where to keep her drawing...and she was sure than there would be more coming. "Hummm, but may i ask...i don't have a safe place where to keep this" She pointed the piece of paper in her hand "And i was wondering if you could keep it here, at least for a while...please?"

Suddenly she had an idea "Perhaps i could teach you one or two things about drawing in exchange, what about that?" She almost squealed. This looked like a good idea for the younger wolf. She realized that she had overreacted bit by the way she almost squealed the words out. But if Orin accepted then that would mean that they were friends in some way right?...Right?

She looked at her surroundings again. The place was confortable, despite the scent that lingered in the air. Then she looked at Orin again. So, what do you think?

OOC: Finally i update...hehe. School's finally over, so i'll be able to post faster. Sorry for the inconvenience X3

[/html]
[html]

Orin brightened when it seemed her dusky companion was not put off by the lingering skunk odor. If Sankara thought it was not so bad, then perhaps the smell was finally coming out of the shop! Orin had been working vigorously to salvage the place but had grown so used to the scent that she was not sure if it was going away, or if her sense of smell had just dulled completely. So, there was hope for her bookstore yet!

“Oh, that’s okay. It shouldn’t be a problem teaching you the alphabet. If you can draw then you already have the upper hand, you’ll learn the symbols easy,” she nodded her encouragement. Though they were already starting off good, for Sankara had a desire and drive to learn. The woman was eager and had confidence, and sometimes confidence was half the battle.

Orin disappeared down an aisle of shelving. She had not had time to organize all of the racks yet, but things were looking a lot better than when she first found them. Most of the books were satisfactorily dusted off, and the ones that had been destroyed by vermin had been cleared from the shelves and set in a nice pile for disposal. Though Orin did not like the idea, she supposed they could make good kindling for a cooking fire or for someone’s home. It would be a shame to burn them, but they were already useless thanks to pests and decay, and it was better to recycle them usefully than to keep letting them rot.

“Sure, I would love to hold onto it for you. It’ll be safe here. In fact, there was an old picture frame in the office upstairs… it might fit in that. Would you mind if I hung it on the wall?” Her footsteps echoed through the quiet bookstore as she moved down an aisle of children’s books, and soon she popped out of the shelving with a book in hand. She was wiping dust off the cover when Kara made her offer. Her eyes shot over to Sankara, her expression electric, and she almost dropped the book when she ran over to the woman’s side.

“Really? That would be awesome! I always run into trouble when I try to sketch something down in my journal before I forget what it looks like.” She threw her arms around Sankara, giving her a tight hug and almost whopping her with the book in the process.

“I’ll be right back, I’ll grab some paper.” She dropped the book down on the table in front of Sankara and disappeared up the stairs. The book was slender, and had big bright letters printed on the cover. The cover was a little warped but the color was still quite true to the day it was printed. Orin soon returned, flying down the steps two-by-two with a handful of paper, two pencils, and the picture frame.

She held up the frame, waving it at Kara as she set down the slightly yellowed but in tact pieces of paper. “Look, will it fit in this?”

5 points
[/html]