You float like a feather
Colibri Soul
22. September 2003
Luperci
The_Libri@hotmail.com
AIM-TehLibri

A shiver went through the ghostly creature. The starlit sky reminded her of the tranquil nights many years ago in the peaceful territories of Celestial Hollow, who later was to become Chimera, and now, the traces and smells had vanished. Colibri felt cold to the very core of her being. She was far from the wolfess she once had been. Her soul would never change, but the years were feasting on her body, mainly because her constant depression was keeping her down at the bottom. She had not been taking proper care of herself, and if she was to be gently shooed away from this pack border, it would be because she was underweight, though not horribly. Even through her thick ivory fur, it was visible.

The soon five years old wolfess lowered her muzzle to the ground, inhaling scents that brought back memories. Storm. If they still went by the same name was yet to be sure of, but the scent was the same along with other new individual smells of the land's inhabitants. The ideal choice would probably have been her old pack, but she had recognized members from their scent as she had quickly passed by close to the borders. A simple mistake from her side had cost her a child, and she had just made it worse by coming and going and in the end disappear out from his life. Not only his, theirs. Other ghosts were also lurking.

Unwelcome thoughts were leaking into her mind with a foul taste of misery, but she did her best to keep them on distance as this she was doing now was very important to her. Colibri had placed herself where three territory borders met, eastern part of storm, where the Haunted Forest and the Yahraw river territory met. The female flattened her fluffy ears and resisted the urge to halfway hang with her head, due to the lack of sleep. It was no use attempting to get a few hours before waiting for a member to discover her, as she had major issues falling into sleep. She would just have to make an attempt to look healthier and younger than she was.
[html]

Sorry this took so long, Libri! We're a bit under-manned here in Storm as of late, I'm glad you decided to join us =) I apologize for jumping in, Pilot. We don't have any spahers (obviously) and I learned that you were scarce, so I figured I should go ahead and go for it.

Skoll had seen the white wolf approach, and begun walking deliberately along the territory's edge to meet her. He didn't recognize her initially, but eventually a breeze brought the familiar scent to his nose. Colibri? Or one of her children? Skoll had met Melisande recently, so he knew that his friend had been enjoying a life fully apart from anything he had heard of. Unlike some of the Souls' wolves, Skoll was no gossip, nor did he usually receive gossip, so news of her life had all fallen far from his ears.

Skoll approached, walking on two legs as he had committed himself to do all day every day since hearing about Phoenix's worsening condition. His human-made pack rested on his right hip, an axe handle sticking up from the depths of the pack, while the handle of his stilleto offered itself at an angle for easy access by his left hand. His shield/brace--a roughly two-foot long and one-foot wide curved rectangle of timber that strapped to his left arm in battle--rested on his left hip, though it was always reserved for battles that he knew he was going into, since it could not be quickly secured to his forearm. The eight-foot golden werewolf had new scars since the last time he'd seen the ragged wolf before him, the most notable change to his appearance besides all of his new accoutrements being his missing left ear, sheered clean by a knife in his last war.

"Colibri!" he said, jogging over to meet her. "Greetings. I haven't seen or smelled you around in a long while. How are you?" He had no idea what had happened to her or even what she was doing here. He was pleased to see his friend, but she seemed like she had seen better days.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
OOC

No apologies, just glad to be back and glad to get such a swift reply to my thread Smile Looking forward to becoming a part of Storm(if Colibri gets accepted of course)!
IC

It seemed she was to be greeted by a Storm member in were-figure. She was not a stranger to those forms as she had the gift of transformation herself, but the ’human’ devices he was carrying with him made the ivory female wrinkle her brows a bit, allowing herself to eye the figure from top to bottom in a careful manner. As the male wolf approached, he said a name, her name. It certainly came as a surprise that someone actually still knew her name. If this male knew her, then she possibly knew him? Gossip about an uninteresting fallen ex-beta from Clouded Tears could not have traveled that fast. Silver eyes stayed on the male as he came closer, and her ears stayed flat against her skull in a polite and submissive manner as she took notice of the missing ear, the human artifacts, the scars.

The Storm wolf’s scent made a tiny bell ring in her head, and she worked her way backwards in time to try to place him. Had he been in Storm in her younger days as well? That could fit. The werewolf continued with another sentence and ended with the question of how she was. A small smile appeared on the female’s light lips. She had not expected such a warm welcome, and it was fantastic to know that there were some old good faces that she could recognize, and that remembered her and still offered their friendship. A name slowly drifted to the surface, but she was far from sure. ” I have been absent for too long, unfortunately.” Could not really hurt trying; ” Skoll. ..? ”

[/html]
[html]

He nodded confirmation at the name she put forward, sitting himself down so that they wouldn't be yelling up and down to one another. He wished he could have arrived looking less equipped for war, but defense of the land was his main priority, and the chance of frightening people away was one he was willing to take to ensure that he was fully prepared to serve and protect as he had promised. He frowned slightly at her. He didn't suppose he would have made that deep an impression on her, they hadn't been extremely close or anything.

"Perhaps it has been too long to simply pick up where we left off. I am indeed Skoll, and appear to you now much the same as I was back then: a warrior in the protection of Storm. A lot has happened to me, and I'm sure to you as well. Still, I collect that you didn't come here to pay me a visit," he smiled casually, doing his best to emphasize that there was nothing wrong with this. "So, given that, I should ask what business you did come with?" He had met her daughter recently, but he would avoid mentioning that at present. Business first, pleasantries later. As it always was with Skoll.

Curiosity gnawed at him for a moment. He really had no idea what she could have come for. She didn't look well, and even though she had family in Bleeding Souls, she had arrived at Storm instead of Clouded Tears. What was going on? He couldn't help but be reminded of the day when Iskata came to join the Storm pack under a different name, leaving her family behind with her old personality. He had picked up that that old dilemma had been resolved with some help from Phoenix, but he doubted the same had happened to Colibri. She responded to her name at least, and had remembered him after a moment.

[/html]
[html]
OOC
IC

Her half-guess had been correct, as a nod was given to the ivory female. He sat down so that they were at the same level, and she tilted her head slightly and kept her smile on, grateful for that little gesture decreasing his 'scariness' and superiority as an actual member versus trespasser. She took notice of the slight frown that appeared on the male's face before the words came, and she had started opening her mouth, but remained silent as he spoke, slowly letting her mouth shut as he spoke. Instead she nodded, as he spoke of being a warrior of storm, which fitted him quite well. Although, his equipment seemed rather aggressive. Not the carrier of course, because as far as she remembered it was a wolf she had felt comfortable with. She knew nothing of what was happening in the 'Souls lands any longer, but she remembered both quarrels with wolves and coyotes in the past.

Then the question was given, and tilted her head the other way, taking eyes away from him and allowed them to gaze in a complete other direction, as if it was halfway a secret, some truth she was not proud of. It was a bit truth in that, actually. First off, though. " I apologize, it is not like that. If you had not made an impression, I would not have remembered your name at all, nor your face." She brought back her little smile again, but it did not reach her eyes. Nothing positive could be reflected in her eyes any longer. No happiness, no joy, no laugh. She was so used to feeling depressive that she wondered if she was capable of feeling anything else.

" I think most of all I want to go home. I am so tired of being alone. " She missed Lisichka, Acid, Maluki, Akeni, her children, all her children, her family, her whole life, a life she never could get back. Either they were dead, gone or saw her as dead. Clouded Tears was a closed chapter. She had not wanted it to be, but she could not go back, not after failing so many times. " Do you think there actually is a perfect place for us in this world? A place where you truly belong?"

[/html]
[html]

Her eyes are gray, right?

Skoll frowned at her words. There was a deep sadness in them, and he couldn't help but feel for his friend. He had not meant to strike her with her words, there had been no ill intent behind them. It had been difficult to call him up, so she had obviously not been looking for him in particular. He was silent for a few moments, thinking seriously about an answer to her question.

"A perfect place? No. Probably not," he paused. "But a place that's worth living in? I believe there are a number of those. A place where each of us can be happy, content. I'd say where we can be at peace, but..." he looked down at his scarred form before meeting her eyes and giving a smile. "Some of us aren't at peace if peace is so easily attained. I wouldn't be very useful if everyone just got along." He scratched his arm idly. He had never told her about what had brought him here, about how he had arrived in Bleeding Souls. Perhaps now wasn't the time to divulge the story in its entirety, though. "I believe in destiny to a certain degree. I don't think I came to Storm by accident. There came a time when they needed me, and though I can't put my finger on exactly what point in time it occurred, I know that there were many times when I needed them."

"Is it that you want a home, then? I don't have the authority to admit you, but I can certainly call someone in who does?" His amber eyes fell down to her gray ones, gray eyes which he recalled turning red when she would shift. A strange wolf, but one he had taken a liking to nonetheless. It had been a long long time ago now that he'd seen that, though.

[/html]
[html]

Correct Smile (trying out tables too)

You float like a feather

There certainly were places worth living, but Skoll seemed not to believe in a perfect place. Colibri did not either. Once upon a time she did, but life had smacked her in the face and opened her eyes. They could talk about nirvana and heaven, but those were such abstract words, and putting a gun to her head and pull the trigger was simply not Colibri’s style. Death would come to them all at the last point of their miserable lives, and there still were some occasional positive effects that could be witnesses regularly. What was bugging her was that at a point she had held everything she could want in her hands, but she had thrown it away. Why? Of course, not literary thrown away, but it had shattered in small pieces of glass, and her family and loved ones had scattered off in different directions, leaving her behind with wounded paws cut open with the remaining pieces.

She nodded vaguely as Skoll spoke of destiny. Was it her destiny to keep on building a life then see it break down by different reasons? It did not seem right. Of course, it was mostly her own fault, not being there for them in the end, but. She had not been with another male since Lisichka. Why? Because she was frightened, frightened of everything. Herself, the world, everything. It did sound quite like paranoia, but she saw herself as honest in her opinion of the world. She had given up her optimistic view and replaced it with a rather realistic slash pessimistic one. It could always change, and the grass could actually be greener on the other side of the fence this time.

Colibri was grateful for Skoll actually taking up her insinuation rather so quickly, and nodded as he asked if it was a home she was seeking. Yes, she supposed it was. She had chosen Storm before Jaded Shadows because she had not immediately recognized any wolves’ scents from the past. She wanted to take the whole reappearance with ease instead of being mentally raped by all questions that follows when people disappeared for a couple of years, then came back. ”You certainly can read between lines, Skoll. I would be grateful.”

In a beautiful world

[/html]
[html]

Nodding, Skoll inhaled deeply, shifting his position to allow for greater lung capacity, and released a long and low howl for Pilot. Storm was undermanned, and he was hoping that Pilot would have no quarrels with allowing Colibri entry into the pack. Not only did he hope to have another friend in Storm to talk with, but it was also an issue of Storm's social influence. In a perfect world, size wouldn't matter, but until the world became perfect, more members meant a greater ability to defend pack borders and interests.

It was sad to see Colibri in this state, but he hoped that through Storm she would find solace. It had worked wonders before. It had turned him, a hardened and embittered, volatile warrior, into someone who could be reasoned with and who could in turn reason with others...it re-awakened a part of him that had gone dormant after the Four Pack War, or perhaps that had never been fully developed in the first place. It had done even better for HawkWind, or had he been VoidFane at the time? Either way, the monster inside had been content in Storm, had known inner quiet, and given its host peace while he lived there.

"I hope you can join us," he said quietly, as the echoes of his howl resounded throughout the Storm territory.

[/html]
I'll just post after Pilot makes his appearance, if he does show up.