Haunted when the minutes drag
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
Mel <3. LOLSHORT :|

YOU WERE ILLEGAL

She remembered playing some game here, along with a varity of 'Souls wolves who had also come to have fun. Capture the flag, that was it. It seemed just about forever and a day ago. Hm. Anathra hadn't had a care in the world then, and even if she took a deep breath and thought about it now, she still didn't. Most of the people she had played Capture the Flag with that day were gone. Maybe not dead, but certainly MIA from her knowledge.

Ana dragged a claw along the dirt-packed wall, humming a welsh lullaby as she went. Her thoughts were muddled, as part of her was being melted with memories left and right and part of her just tried to ignore them. Doesn't matta' much. Not like anyone is comin' back. She spoke to herself, pausing as she passed under a rather large hole, honey eyes shifting upwards towards the light as they tried to adjust. Skull tilted, and she looked behind her, squinting. Come to think of it, she wasn't quite sure how long she had been in this underground labyrinth.

[/html]
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

My shortness pwnz your shortness.

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ The cut on his leg pulsed with each step, but Ahren found it a good pain. He couldn’t remember why he had drawn the knife, but the blow had knocked him awake. That sudden fiery pain in his leg had been his own doing. Still, these were things that he came to accept. It was easier to live that way, after all. Ahren inhaled the scent of dirt and clay, and found with mild surprise a scent that was familiar. He turned a corner and found her, nearly exactly as he could remember. It was her hair he remembered above all else, her hair and the peculiar shade of her fur. “Anathra?”

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
XD we are short together. In posts and in character XD

YOU WERE ILLEGAL
She noticed the darker figure before she realized who it was, although soon it was all too easy to recognize the scent and the werewolf headed towards her. beth? Ahren? Lips curled into a tiny grin, which widened when he spoke. Ahren! It is ya! In the next moment she was in front of him and had flung her arms around his neck. This, at least, was one werewolf who's shoulders she could reach. Have ya been here this entire time? How're ya?! Voice rolled off her tongue merrily, and she bubbled with other questions that she restrained. One thing at a time.

[/html]
[html]

_____ The blonde smiled broadly as he heard her voice, and was only mildly startled when the girl came running and had her arms around his neck. For one remarkable moment, he felt a rush of all the good things that had once been in his life. A faint laugh escaped his chest and he returned her embrace, only releasing to give her room to breathe. “No, I haven’t,” he said, eyes gleaming with something close to love. She had, after all, been part of his family once. He considered her this even now. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you since..." He trailed off, eyes darkening only slightly.

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
YOU WERE ILLEGAL
It felt good. Really good, to know that someone else was here, and that he obviously had not forgotten about her. Or hated her. Or any of those other crazy things. Anathra kept her arms loosely on his shoulders, tilting her head slightly. As he trailed off, the blue-haired girl simply gave a gentle nod. She knew what he meant. Since..a long time. Meself..I've been. Gaze trailed upwards for a moment as she recounted, then returned to Ahren's face. Since then, Conway and I were off on our own for a while. Then... She just shrugged and let that part of the recent events drop. For the moment, at least. I returned to me old pack, to see if they were alive. They are.. At this she wrinkled her nose, eyes narrowing only slightly. I told them I was staying for good, so that I could see what they were up to. Then I left. It's just the same as it was when I left as a pup. Now, I'm here. She shrugged gently, finally letting her arms drop to her side. She felt like she was babbling, but she didn't care. It was wonderful to see him again.

[/html]
[html]

_____ He kept smiling, listening to her talk. Even her accent reminded him of those old times, when there had been nothing before them except for a remarkable sense of carpe diem. And it remained, in some way, but times had changed. The world had moved on. One hand rose to the nape of his neck and he scratched it, the fading tattoo on his chest looking far darker in the cavern’s lighting. “I’m glad you made it back here. I didn’t think I’d see you ever again."

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
YOU WERE ILLEGAL

Grin widened as he spoke, and she nodded enthusiasticly. Aye, I'm glad as well. An' I'm glad that ya are here! I didn't think...well, I didn't think I'd see anyone familiar again, ta be honest. Ana smiled gently through the dim light at him, and then motioned at him to follow and walk with her. Only now did she remember her original reasoning for coming into this crazy place; the crystal caverns. She was trying to make it there for that special time of day, but even if she didn't now, she wouldn't care. She had found someone. An old friend; family, even. So what do ya do now? Are ya in a pack, here?

[/html]
[html]

_____ “I didn’t expect to end up here,” he admitted, walking by her side. “Misery wanted to come back, though.” Only to run off again, as she always did. Sometimes he wondered if she hadn’t been some wicked sprite in disguise who led travelers to terrible ends. “I’m in Clouded Tears, and just kind of living day to day.” He shrugged lightly, red eyes watching her curiously.

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
YOU WERE ILLEGAL

She nodded as she listened attentively. Ah, ya. Misery. She scrutinized his expression as they traveled further into the caves. An'...judgin' by ya tone, she's disappeared again? The question was innocent enough. Anathra looked forward a moment as they strode ahead. Clouded Tears...I've never actually been there, I think. Is it nice? I live on a boat, currently. She shrugged. It was shelter from the rain; it did it's job. Eventually she would move into a pack, but...

[/html]
[html]

_____ “As she does,” he said, one hand moving in a curious motion, like a faint shrug. It meant roughly ‘so it goes’, though he did not explain this. “Poe’s here, though. So are some of her other kids,” he added. He thought of telling her about what he had done with Poe, but that was an impulse he had to ignore. “To be honest, I don’t stay there much. I act more like a loner then anything else.” Biting his lower lip, he looked up. The faintest glimmer of the oncoming crystals had caught his eye.

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
YOU WERE ILLEGAL

Anathra gave a ghost of a smirk, although her eyes brightened at his next words. Poe is here? Really?! Haven't seen her... She frowned. But then again, I've only been here a couple days. Anathra continued to watch him out of peripheral vision as they walked, listening to what more he had to say. Ya could always visit my home sweet home that is the boat! Laughed lightly, before 'ooh-ing' at the glint of up-ahead crystals. C'mon, let's see if we can make it. She grabbed his hand without a slightest hesitation, surprised even that they found the damned place.

[/html]
[html]

_____ He opened his mouth to respond but she grabbed his hand, and suddenly they were moving quickly. It was remarkable, how well their timing seemed to be. No sooner did they cross into the glass-like room when it lit up, dazzling the world with a quiet reminder that things were still beautiful. Ahren remained silent, staring, holding onto Anathra’s hand like a child. “The last time I was here was right before I took Chimera,” he said suddenly.

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
YOU WERE ILLEGAL

She breathed in, seeming to hold it for a moment before exhaling. It was quite a sight, no matter how many times she beat the clock in the labyrinth to come and see it. The girl looked over at him and flashed another cheery grin. See. Ya can always find something good. Looked forward again before he spoke, admiring the glimmer and shine. She cocked her head towards him, then tugged him towards a few rocks near one of the walls of the cave. She watched the light shine on her as she sat, stretching out the hand that wasn't in Ahren's. It's been a while since I've been here, too. Though not as long as for ya. Anathra had also met Matinee here. But the Welsh girl hadn't heard of the gypsy wolf since Rockwood.

[/html]
[html]

_____ He looked over to her, smile long gone. Still, it was her presence that made it return, her outlook on the world. She was, in that moment, more handsome then he could have imagined. That caused his smile to return. Seated on the rocks he looked up, red eyes taking in the light as if he might never see it again. “I’m really glad you found us,” he said, speaking without fully understanding why he was saying the things he was. I'm glad you came to Chimera. I'm glad you came with us. I'm glad I know you. I'm glad you're here.

[/html]
[html]
I NEVER NOTICED
Fin.
YOU WERE ILLEGAL

She watched as he stopped smiling, then as he smiled again. Gold eyes lit as he spoke, following his strange-hued eyes towards the light. She swung her legs lightly like a sheepish kid, trying to stall the sunlight from letting the crystal show fade. Me, too. And she sincerely was. Her hand tightened momentarily against Ahren's before slackening again, vision still on the light show.

It was quite a bit before they got up to go to their seperate homes, but Anathra was glad that they had stayed so long. With a promise not to stay away for very long, she headed back to her boat, and he to...wherever.

[/html]