.can't kill a man when he's dead
[html]
Styx Kirr-Calatoerio

Falling in the black

Slipping through the cracks

Character Name: Styx.
Character Birthdate: March 25th, 2005
Regular wolf or a Luperci: Good Ol' Timber Wolf.
Your e-mail: pazel_dazzle@yahoo.com">spazel_dazzle@yahoo.com
A secondary form of contact: AIM - PraiseJeanne_Jr
How did you learn about 'Souls?: Your affiliation with Sublunary Abyss.

Styx let his eyes wander before him. The terrain lay in vast proportions, giving birth to endless greenery. Forests sprouted from the land in heavy density. But slightly to the north of him was an area of death, the earth, the trees, the very spirit of the place was lacking life. Styx averted his eyes from it, any kind of death reminded him of his parents. His legs worked under him like pistons, carrying him to the borders of the pack. He desired, craved, to be once more part of a pack, to be included in the hullabaloo of everyday life within a blossoming family unit. Styx was not cut out for the life of a loner, though he'd played the part moderately well most of his life. No, he would no longer be the forgotten child, he would push himself and he would make himself known to the world.

It had taken quite a while to get where he now was. Location wise, that is. The Vales dispersed and Styx was left with no home, so he'd wandered aimlessly. And he'd made it to the water. Luck was with him, a massive amount of it. The tide was at it's lowest point for the entire year. Styx could feel a deep pull, the sea was drawing him in and he moved with it. Walking across the exposed sand bridge until it melted back to water and he pushed on, swimming the rest of the way. There before him was land, so full of life, smells, sights. Styx knew he'd found the place he wanted to be his home. And as he made his way across the island he found this place was different, far different. You see Styx had never seen a werewolf, no, the Vales was a long line of pure wolves. But so far he had still yet to actually met a werewolf, he'd simply scented them.

So here he stood, on the edge of a new life, ready to launch himself at whatever was thrown his way. His tail wagged slowly behind him as he inhaled deeply, filling his lungs with the scent of the pack, then threw back his head a sang his entrance to the world.

Falling to the depths can I ever go back?

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay, Amber told ya about our current situation. Welcome to Souls =)

Skoll, maintaining his vigil over the borders of the land, approached the newcomer as soon as he announced his presence. He hadn't tried to enter the lands, so chances were he meant them no ill. As Skoll emerged from the treeline, the sun light lit up his yellow fur, making clear the dozens of scars beneath it. Mostly they were on his arms and face, though he had a handful decorating his chest as well. The eight foot werewolf with the human pack and odd brace/shield both hanging from his waiste descended a slight decline to meet with this visitor.

Skoll's amber eyes studied the smaller figure before him, curious but also evaluating him. The warrior wolf was large enough and good enough at his job to defend himself, but even if this person was much smaller than he was, he still needed to gauge him for hostilities, for threats he might pose to other members of his pack. It was a little odd meeting everyone at the border on two legs instead of four, but he didn't have a choice. Until Phoenix got better, he had to make sure he was in shape to go into battle at all times. He may be the better fighter of the two, but both of them together would be much more intimidating, and make a much better deterrent against hostile forces than just Skoll alone.

"Greetings. Can I help you?" The tall were had no vitriol in his voice, no hostility, but he was still all business. Storm was weak right now, and he didn't want to present anything but confidence and competence to outsiders. For now, he would regard the new wolf neutrally, until he knew just what it was he'd come for.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
Styx Kirr-Calatoerio

Falling in the black

There. To his left. Styx's nostrils flared wildly and his eyes pinpointed the approaching form within seconds. His ears pricked forwards with interest, the figure was still hard to make out....but it was moving awfully fast....and the gait was...off. Styx's ears flattened against his skull and his eyes grew wide with fright. This wasn't....couldn't be a wolf. It walked on two legs and wore.....things...at it's....midsection. And it had.....long paws that moved with unnatural elegance, paws that had an excrescence sprouting from the sides closest to the beast's torso. Naive mister Styx had no knowledge of thumbs. Styx thought he was going to be sick, the thing was descending on him, he lowered himself to the ground, tucking his bushy tail under him until it touched his underbelly. His pink tongue slipped from his muzzle to run over his nose nervously.

It spoke to him. He could understand it as well as any normal wolf he'd ever met. "Wha....what are you....?" He forced the inquiry from his throat, accompanied by a frightened growl. Styx was in total defense mode. His hackles stood on end but he was clearly not displaying aggression. No, the male was simply scared senseless. Poor helpless Styx.

[/html]
[html]

Skoll looked down at the frightened newcomer and cocked an eyebrow at his display. Anderung had been bothered by his appearance, and many others besides, but he had never seen someone who quailed so. Tilting his head, furrowing his brows, the gears in his head turned furiously to decide what to make of this situation. What am I? He had certainly never been asked that question before. Lycanthropy had been in his family for five generations now, probably six, assuming that Skirnir or SnowOwl had children.

"Well, I'm a wolf," he said after a moment of consternation. "A lycanthrope, a shifter. Most people call us werewolves." He couldn't believe that this person had never seen a werewolf before. He knew that some parts of the world had included werewolves before others; his great great grandfather's life had been ruined by the introduction of lycanthropy into the northern reaches of Canada. Still...in all his time of traveling, he had never been somewhere where shifters were unheard of.

Sighing, he contemplated shifting down, but his promise to Pilot meant that he should not. Even if he had decided it would be alright, the wolf before him was having trouble grasping his form as it was, watching it shapeshift into something else would probably give him a heart attack. As he had done with Colibri, he sat down, hoping to reduce intimidation caused by his size. "What did you call out for? Do you need something?"

[/html]
[html]
Styx Kirr-Calatoerio

Falling in the black

shortness. sorreh. D:

A shifter. "Mama said they were only a legend." He lifted his eyes just in time to see the "shifter" seat himself on the ground. Styx gave a small whimper and pressed himself closer to the earth, his ears perking the tiniest bit as the male....it smelled male...spoke to him. Styx realized he was being asked a question and thus needed to supply an answer. "I. ... I wanted.... to join this pack ... maybe ... if that's okay ... I mean .... me being ..... normal." He regretted the final word the moment it slipped from his tongue. "I mean...I didn't mean..... please don't hurt me......" He cowered, pressing his nose into the grass, waiting to be struck.

[/html]
[html]

Skoll sighed softly. It was bad enough to be around those who were afraid of him because of his outward scarring and size. While it may have helped in a fight, it could be a real hassle in day to day life to look like he did. Some people avoided him before even talking to him, others who met him treated him with distrust for a longer period than they might have otherwise. The biggest drawback he'd seen in recent history was that it was easy to villify someone who looked the way he did. Phasma, the former Gamma of Storm, had immediately been wary of him because when she looked at him, his appearance made it easier for her to believe all the stories spread around by the Lykois and their accomplice in Jaded Shadows.

In this situation, it was much worse. He was having trouble even conversing with this wolf...who couldn't keep his composure around what Skoll could easily deduce was the first werewolf he'd seen. I'm not exactly the best one to meet right off the bat, I guess. I'd look pretty scary even if he had seen werewolves before. The thought saddened him.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Still, you're going to have to get used to people who look a little like me if you're ever going to be comfortable around here. As for being 'normal', this valley has known plenty of non-shifters over the years. Most pack activities take place on four legs, so the werewolves spend most of their time looking just like you do. Being a non-shifter shouldn't be a problem." He smiled, hoping to alleviate the stress that this meeting was obviously having on the smaller canine.

"Tell me, can you hunt? Keep yourself fed and taken care of? I can't officially accept you on my own, but I know we could use a few more able-bodied wolves here."

[/html]
[html]
Styx Kirr-Calatoerio

Falling in the black

freaking freak, son. D:< no muse.

The large male's words reassured him slightly, enough for him to look up. He listened to his question carefully and his expression lightened a great deal. "Ye ... yes, sir! I can hunt. And I can ... well .... I'm not sure if you could call me a healer ... but I know a good bit of healing. I was my pack's apprentince." His tail wagged behind him but he kept his body pressed to the ground. "but...that is...if you are in need of those skills..."

[/html]
[html]

Cool. You can make another reply, or we can chill until Pilot shows up =)

"Well," Skoll laughed good-naturedly, indicating the seven now-aged tracks that Argus's claws had dug on his right arm, "I know that I could certainly use someone who knows how to treat wounds from time to time. As for Storm, I don't know. I think I remember hearing that we needed to get help from someone in Clouded Tears--that's a neighboring pack--to treat a wolf who fell ill, so I figure we could use someone who knows a thing or two about healing on hand. It won't count against you, that's for sure." The truth was, they needed people right now. A big pack had a better chance of staying alive, both due to loyalty and other forms of internal cohesion, and from external threats as well.

"Give me a moment and I'll call up Pilot. You've got the okay by me, but he's got the final say. You'll be fine, I'm sure, I'll put in a good word." Adjusting his posture so that he could breathe deeply, Skoll exhaled a long howl, alerting Phoenix to their second new member in as many days. If he could really heal, that was excellent news, especially for someone like Skoll.

[/html]
[html]

Pilot came on four legs, finding that it was much easier (not to mention quicker) to get from place to place. Seeing as how he was at his den settled almost in the middle of Storm’s lands, he figured it would be nice if he didn’t make Skoll wait too long. There was a loner along their borders, and Pilot hoped that it was a sign of another potential member.

As he ran, the arrowhead necklace that Dierdre had given him bounced against his chest, gleaming as it caught the light and twirled on its twine leash. His stone colored eyes looked to the horizon with a certain determination, trying to alleviate his mind from the things which had plagued it lately. He knew as a leader he couldn’t preoccupy himself with such thoughts.

"Hello Skoll," Pilot greeted his old friend as he came upon the two. He slowed his pace to a slow trot before he came to a halt only a few yards away from Skoll. "I suppose you’ve come looking for a pack to join, eh? Well then, what’s your name?" Pilot noticed that though this newcomer looked a bit uneasy, but that he did in fact look to be healthy and strong. Perhaps they would be a good addition to the Storm ranks.

[/html]