I think the wind could blow me away...
OOC:
1. Character Name: Voron Radav
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 22, April, 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci : Luperci
4. Gender: Female
5. Your e-mail: ladyfeurety@hotmail.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Just PM please.
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Google. :3

IC:
She watched as the waves claimed her footprints. The sand seemed to melt wherever the water touched it, and it flowed into the impressions made by the pads of her paws. Slowly, all evidence that she had walked there was erased. She wished that the water would claim her as quietly. To just lay down and fade away... But she knew it wasn't like that. She had seen the violence of drowning. She remembered the terror in his eyes. Drowning wasn't peaceful; it was painful. Voron shook herself, ridding herself from the memories as well as the water droplets that clung to her thick black pelt. She was only standing ankle deep in the water - the cold was soothing to paws that were sore from constant travel - but the spray from the waves clung to her fur, and the overcast day didn't help to dry her out any. All in all, she was a damp and bedraggled looking wolf.

Voron closed her eyes as a gust of wind ruffled her fur. The wind was tugging at her, as if it was trying to push her deeper into the water. Once again she was tempted, and once again memories of her brother stopped her. She stood like that, frozen on the edge of suicide, until a scent reached her wet nose. Her nostrels were the only thing to move; they flared slightly to gather the scent better. The scent of wolves. The black wolf turned her head and looked back towards the beach. Realization struck her; she was near a pack's border. Well isn't this what you wanted? she asked herself. Turning, she trotted a few feet away from the water and sat down, facing towards the pack's border. Voron raised her muzzle. As the waves swallowed the last of her pawprints, she howled, announcing to the world her loneliness.
Hello and welcome to 'Souls! I'm Libri Big Grin I'd like to point out that your post was beautiful.
[html]

There were many variations of solitude. Some sought the quiet way of life, but it could so easily turn into a bitter curse pulling a being under a black surface without reflection. Conor knew, for he was not well. It pained him to hide his innermost thoughts from those that loved him, but he would not be able to see them cling to false hope when he knew that there would eventually be an end to the life he had come to love so much. Perhaps it was paranoia that inspired such thoughts, but the shadow of Haku Soul loomed over him and reminded him that the cursed blood ran thick through his young veins.

A lonely voice rose against the bitter cold that had begun to slink into the lands that had bloomed with the breath of summer caressing the rich colours. Strange how fast time went. Tick, tack, he was about to become a father and was guilty in spreading the blackened taint further. Would the child ever be innocent? Had he? Four paws painted with light cream found their way to the beach, automatically tracing the rocks laid out to underline the rich scent of a pack’s claim. The female was not hart to discover once he was there, yet she suited her surroundings well with her coal appearance.

The alpha pace was confident as he approached the still figure, but while he carried strength and dominance upon his shoulders, he was not one that sought to intimidate. .”Greetings, miss.” His tone could suggest a smile, but tranquillity ruled there. ”May I help you?”

<style>
.conorvinter2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conorvinter2 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conorvinter2 b {color:#6a4587; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: Thank you. Smile

IC:
As the copper coloured wolf approached, Voron rose from her sitting position. She lowered her head and ears, and her tail automatiacally curled gently between her legs. Her brown eyes stared at the other's paws, as if she was facinated by the way his claws dug into the earth. The way she held herself showed respect and submission, and only a faint tremor of her rear legs betrayed how nervous she was. What this wolf thought of her could very well mold her entire future.

"Greetings. I am called Voron. Voron Radav. I - I wish to join your pack," Voron said quietly. She wasn't sure if she was being too direct. It had been almost half a year since she had been in a pack, and almost a full year since she had been in a clear state of mind. She wasn't even sure if joining a pack was the right thing to do. A deep instinctive part of her insisted that it was. It was the part of every wolf that hungered for simple companionship. She missed being a part of something. She missed having someone to talk to, and it'd probably be good for her. Better to talk to the living than the dead.
[html]

She seemed to respond immediately to his presence, and his head tilted slightly as he allowed lavender eyes to wash over her petite frame. Cinnamon ears slowly turned to lean towards his skull, but he did not have to wait for the woman’s reply. She was direct, indeed, but there was nothing wrong with that he supposed. White tipped tail danced behind his autumn form as he brought forth a smile to adorn his youthful face. He could detect that the woman was nervous, but he couldn’t really do much about that.

”Do you?” he wondered, smile lingering. She had granted him her name and he could only return the favour. ”I am Conor Soul, the alpha of Dahlia de Mai, whose borders we currently stand on.” She seemed to be in good shape taken the circumstances. Winter was closing in on these lands and it was becoming significantly more difficult to be a lone wolf. Dahlia was not in a dire need of members, but the Soul male would never turn away a stranger seeking accommodation.

”I’d be happy to oblige, though I’d like to know a bit more about you first. What do you have to offer in exchange for a home?” He was never hard on these things, as every individual had its strengths and weaknesses, but it would be useful to learn about this woman so that he could eventually place her in a role where she could shine.

<style>
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
When Conor said that he was alpha, Voron crouched even lower, untill her belly fur brushed the ground. Although this wolf did not seem to demand it, she remembered her old alpha's strict requirements of submission. Though she had only met him a few times, the grizzled grey wolf's harsh voice and violent tendancies had stuck with her. She knew that to offend an alpha was a grave crime. However, if this alpha could see her eyes, he would see the slight sparkle of hope.

"I can hunt, although I suppose all wolves can do that. I've been taking care of myself since... for a while." The black wolf hesitated, unsure of what this pack was in need of. "I can heal some. I know how to set a broken bone, cure a cough, simple stuff. My mother taught me what she knew. I also know some Russian. I can speak it, but can barely read and write it. Just a few simple phrases." Voron sighed slightly, feeling useless. Surely nothing she had learned in her short and messed up life could be of any use to this pack. Tiredness seemed to wash over her. She wavered a little in the wind, glad that she had four paws to support her. She had come so far, had fought against so much. In that instant she made a decision. If this pack would not have her, she would join her brother. She would kill herself. The decision seemed to give her strength. One way or the other, she would find a home today.
Welcome to Dahlia de Mai! I will get you titled up and added to our ranks asap! Big Grin
[html]

While he did not heavily encourage such behaviour, the woman’s respectful manners were noted and added to her résumé. Such subtle details were no longer given in a stray stalking by a pack’s borders. Canis lupus was no longer what it once had been. Old ways were erased to make place for a more modern world worthy for the luperci virus. Of course, he was of the new generation as well, but that did not mean that he could close his eyes to common courtesy.

In fact, her words impressed him. There were several healers in Dahlia already at this point, but such skills could never be a waste in a society. Conor himself had practised the art of healing for more than a year now, and so this woman would find guidance and support if she chose to work on her skills. What was better was the notion about Russian. To be able to speak the language was one thing, but he knew that few were able to understand the alphabet, much less to read a book.

The breeze sought to knock her over, but Conor would offer her enough to ensure that she was not torn away. ”Those are solid skills, Voron.” he replied, turning slightly to allow his copper hued form to gaze back towards his pack lands. ”You will be accepted as a subordinate for now.” Canines came and went, but if she decided that she would remain, he knew that a wolfess like her would not have troubles climbing the ladders of the hierarchy. ”Welcome to Dahlia de Mai.”

White tipped tail continued to dance behind his form, but his work was done here. ”Please make yourself at home. I have matters to attend to. If you need me, you will find me in the heart of the pack lands, in the town of Wolfville. “ As these words were spoken out loud, he found motion again, offering her a last gentle smile before resuming his duties.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

OOC: yay!

IC:
Voron felt joy and reflief sweep over her as she was accepted. Her posture softened and she took a moment to gather herself as her new alpha strode away. To belong again, even at a lowly rank, was such a good feeling. She hadn't felt this good, this whole, since Cheron had died.

His dark and sodden form was snagged on a log. His body was half submerged, and his normally grey pelt was almost as dark as hers from all the silt and water that was in it. "Cheron!" she called frantically, slipping in the mud as she scrambled towards him.

Voron shook herself as the flashback faded, and slowly followed her leader towards her new home. She didn't notice, but as she left the beach, she also left behind a new set of footprints, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. It was as if the waves had given birth to a new wolf, maybe to make up for the one who's heart they had taken so long ago.