Demi MD [P-for aunt Nani!]
[html]
Whos gunna come in and bother her huh?

Demi was for the time being busy writing in her books. The calculations and algebra she was doing looked completely alien to most any observer. A lot of wolves did well to learn to read but she had taken it upon herself to continue her learning. Always obsessing over every little detail of her work, she didn’t make mistakes; one mistake had almost cost her the brother she loved. Another was putting her faith in the elders of her previous pack. Those two mistakes would never be repeated again. Naniko was her Aunt but she couldn’t come to terms with putting her future in her hands, nor would she put it in her mothers or any other high ranking member. She put faith in herself, and in the end there was only one person that would look out for her interests all the time and that was Demi.

The scene along the makeshift table was a mess of papers, different bags of god knows what, bottles, syringes and anything else that an evil maniac could procure. Truthfully it was mostly things for healing. Her first priority was getting those things together to service the pack. Well at least to keep Theo healthy she thought absently. Her little fingers furiously worked the pen as more calculations where made then wrote on another sheet of paper with a table drawn. Demi was working on a chart for dosages, not wanting to overdose anyone she was doing them based on weight which was difficult since she wouldn’t have anything to weigh anyone with. This also meant along with that she was doing calculations based on height and body type. Demi knew how tall she was, and had a good understanding of feet and inches, so with that in mind she devised a way to guess how much someone weighed. Hopefully she was right, she’d obsess over it for days if she let herself, but there were many other things that needed tending, she’d just have to do the best she could do until she had the time to work out a more perfect science.

Huffing slightly with a pouted look she was missing having someone around. It was usually about this time her brother would stroll in, covered in whatever mess he had made and went about interrupting her and her work for more pleasurable encounters. A delicate paw rose up to rub her temples for a bit, the candle light in the cave wasn’t making reading very easy for her. Her scrunched up facial features described what her erratic and bored tail was doing, flailing around like a cat with no rhyme or reason to it.

<style type="text/css">
.demi_rottap .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#000000}
.demi_rottap .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#dcc34e}
.demi_rottap b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec5145; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;}
.demi_rottap {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#d87837; background-image:url(http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9306/demirotap.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #461907; padding: 0px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#916e5e; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc speech

It seemed that the members were slowly settling into their new lives in the caves, and Naniko was no exception to that. She had made a room for herself in one of the caves off to the left of the entrance, an important place. She wanted to be close to the exit should she be needed in the border and hadn't found any hidden escape routes yet, so she was sticking toward the front end of the cave system for now. Her end of it emptied out into a larger more common area.

She exited her part of the caves, yawning. She hadn't been sleeping too well at night and had chosen to take naps throughout the day, patrolling the border in the evening and after the sun had fallen. Perhaps this was how her life would be, with small bits of sleep in the day and her awake hours at night. She could see a few packmembers milling about and working on various projects, and walked toward one that she knew well; Demi.

"What are you doing, girl?" She asked curiously as she neared, her low and gravelly voice echoing slightly in the expanse of the cavern. "I guess I never paid much attention back home, what with Scorpius always needing me..you can read? I learned how to read when I was younger."
[/html]
[html]

Then her aunt’s scent filled her nostrils as she heard her enter her little den. So far her den was more medical lab/meth lab then a home. For now she had two blankets to sleep on to keep herself from feeling the terrible cold and uncomfortable nature of the cave floor. Then Naniko was upon her prying into her business… seeking to steal her secrets (see what I did there?) A simple smile was offered up to her aunt before turning in her chair to address her.

“I’m working on medical Calculations, dosage rates verses body weight. Not only can I read Aunt, I can do Algebra as well” she smiled up to her, wondering if she would get praise for her accomplishments. Again it was all to keep from overdosing other wolves at least.. when not on purpose. Naniko like herself knew of darker arts, and while her Aunt was better at making natural poisons, she however was decidedly better at creating them in her lab. It added a two dimensional firepower to their arsenal. So as her pupil in some regards to more natural ways she sat respectful to her aunt and leader.

“What has you up tonight?” she asked innocently enough.

<style type="text/css">
.demi_rottap .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#000000}
.demi_rottap .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#dcc34e}
.demi_rottap b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec5145; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;}
.demi_rottap {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#d87837; background-image:url(http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9306/demirotap.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #461907; padding: 0px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#916e5e; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc

There were many things that she wanted Scorpius to teach. She wanted to allow the boy the freedom to decide what he wanted to do within the pack, yes, but there were many basic skills that she had yet to show him and tell him about. Fishing, hunting, scouting, these were basic things that all Anathema members should know. Naniko would also have to teach him some of her beliefs, beliefs from the old pack. Learning how to read was also very important to her.

"Hmm. Well that I can't do. Too complicated--I don't want to get a headache." She said. "I just guessed, for some animals. Or used a certain amount of stones to compare their weight...have you tried that?" Naniko asked. She too was suffering from the coldness of the caves; she had a few furs in her denning area, but was really hoping to find something better. "I want to head down to the city and get the pieces for a bed...then maybe go back for a mattress or something. I can look around for others, as well...if I find a shop for beds"
[/html]
[html]
shopping trip!

Demi smiled up to her aunt again before standing to embrace her. They hadn’t had much time to talk lately and today seemed like a good enough day to do some.

“I’ve devised a way to judge weight based on height and body type. For most drugs that should be enough, for the more dangerous one’s it’ll have to be more precise” she spoke softly, no hint of any malice in those words for she truly meant them. Demi would make sure her Aunt wouldn’t have any reason for her to repeat her mistakes in their previous pack. Ouija’s near fatal overdose had taught her a lesson in being prepared and that’s exactly what she was up to.

“It’s hard since I feel like I have to start over again. I don’t have half the things I need nor a quarter of the things I want” She was off in her own world, still recollecting some of what her Aunt had said about taking a trip down to Halifax. Visions of her last trip flooded her mind and she couldn’t help but let a small little grin escape her lips as those visions of Teddy flashed before her eyes. That male had given her a brief respite and pleasure in an otherwise dull world so far here. So another trip to Halifax with her Aunt sounded like quite a good idea.

“I’d love to goto Halifax as well. I need something more comfortable to sleep on the rock” she added with a hint of laughter “Maybe teddy will be a pack mule for the two of us? Or we can figure something else out?” she asked softly as she looked up to her taller Aunt. Maybe they could even look for some drugs or something else together.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was surprised to have found so many family members in the cult pack. It was pure luck that she had come across the pack at all that morning; she and Azalea had been scouting the area looking for food and shelter for the following night (they always thought one step ahead) and had suddenly come across the pack borders. It had been easy enough for the pair to get accepted, and she had soon become assimilated into pack life once more.

Naniko had flourished in the pack, a place where she was not judged for things in her past and where she was respected and given a job to perform. She already had some medical skills and had learned more about poisons and the process of death while there. She was still very interested in these things...and once the pack was more established, planned on picking them back up where she had left off.

"Yes, I understand having to start over. Winter was a hard time to move...I guess we'll just have to get established here and then look for more supplies in the spring, eh?" Naniko nodded. "It's good to see you working on things already, and keeping busy. Idle hands and idle minds often lead to trouble." Especially with the younger wolves. "When do you want to go? I'm not doing anything now...but it'd be a bit of a trip down there." She said. "I don't want to sleep on the floor for another night"

<style type="text/css">
.Nani_and_pup b {font-weight:bold; color:#d4ded7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #0b2a22; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Nani_and_pup .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nani_and_pup p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nani_and_pup {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#493e30; border:2px solid #ffffa8; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3caeb3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
baaaahhh I leave in a day!

Demi crunched her face in thought to her aunt’s words. Halifax was quite a walk from here and they would have to carry all their finds back. The little women didn’t feel very much like working her butt off today. She let herself sigh before looking back up at her aunt, wondering if there were any small human encampments around here close by they could pillage.

“is there anywhere close? Not sure I want to carry everything back so far” she replied. Truthfully the girl had always been worrisome with her physical strength. Never had she been able to do much other then catch random small prey objects, heavy lifting was something she had never been able to accomplish. Though she never admitted it, because she rarely gave anyone the satisfaction of telling them a weakness of hers, it was that and it was a fear of hers that she couldn’t offer anything other than a healing hand or a vial of poison to the pack.

“We could though, work together on our collections? Bring them together for now… At least until the spring? Who knows when we might need some of our more secretive concoctions?” she asked up at her. Her stash was poorly stocked, she had already planted a crop of mushrooms in the back of the cave, but otherwise she’d have to get cooking on some of her more modern drugs and other things. Knowing her Aunt’s stash would likely have suffered as well as Demi’s it made sense.

“Plus I do have some of my Last batch of Vision Dust. Not as potent as last years but still gives you a good trip. That is if you’re looking for something to do whilst you aren’t barking out orders” she giggled at the last part, she never would look at her Aunt as a mean superior but she never really had treated her as anything but an Aunt to her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ahh! Have a good holiday Smile

She had seen some of the ruins of the city; she was sure that she would be able to find a cart or something else to help drag the stuff back on. There were children's toys like wagons, but those wouldn't be big enough to support the type of structure that she was hoping to bring back with her. Naniko was more than willing to take the bed apart to get it there...but the mattress and box spring would be tricky. She wanted a bed fit for a queen..so nothing but the biggest would do.

"I thought I'd find a cart or something there, something with wheels on it." She explained. "Maybe I'll go tomorrow. Seems like a pretty big endeavor now that I think about it, and I don't want to haul things back during the night time if I don't have to." Naniko considered what Demi said next for a few moments, then nodded in agreement. "As long as we keep things labeled...I think that's a really good idea. I have a system for labeling mine."

She had meant her herbs, more or less, but she was fine with sharing whatever else she found as well. She had destroyed quite a few bars in the city when she'd been there last, burning them to the ground, but was certain that she'd be able to find more of her fix on her next trip there. "I'm hoping to find some more of my favorite thing when I go there next...but I'll try anything once" She said, grinning. "We can definitely share."

<style type="text/css">
.Nani_and_pup b {font-weight:bold; color:#d4ded7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #0b2a22; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Nani_and_pup .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nani_and_pup p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nani_and_pup {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#493e30; border:2px solid #ffffa8; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3caeb3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
yay drugs

Only the broadest grin was given to her when she referred to her favorite thing. Demi herself didn’t care for the angelic dust her aunt loved so much but it hadn’t stopped her for keeping a small stash hidden from her aunt. It was only there for hard times, or a bargaining chip especially since she knew how addicted to the stuff Naniko was. But today sounded like a good rainy day to give her Aunt a gift, at least while she was getting the pack together, help to keep her grounded and not detox and let the pack go to shit.

“Oh auntie” she said with a smirk as her form moved to rummage through a bag for a moment. A small ziplock bag was found with a pure white rocks hanging in the bottom. Cocaine was said by many human artists in the 70s was a hellovah a drug, all but useless medicinally and pure bliss for the addict.

“I always have some of your favorite thing stashed away, can’t have you going all crazy for your fix while you’re getting this pack off the ground can I? Wouldn’t be much of a medicine woman then would I? “ she proposed with a smirk as the bag was thrown toward her aunt. Part of her wanted to tell her Aunt to detox, to quit this particular drug, it was impossible to grow up in this area even if she got her hands on some seeds, and the supply left over by the former care givers of the planet would continue to diminish. Trade with southern packs would work if they sailed all the way up here, and who would know how much of a price they would ask for it.

“You really should think of quitting this stuff Aunt” she said, she wouldn’t go much farther in suggesting or pushing the matter, knowing how sensitive it was. But hopefully her small little suggestions would hit home sometime. For now though they had some collections to recover, and label. Demi went about then of procuring all her herbs and medicines, keeping her stash of drugs in the bag for now, not knowing what type of bender her Aunt was wanting to go on.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

"What are you liking these days, Demi?" She would try and find some of whatever it was that Demi wanted, if she could. Naniko knew the places to go for drugs, but would have to start looking anew because of her absence from the lands. She doubted that she could remember many of her old haunts. She agreed that she needed the drug to function and get the pack off the ground.

"I'd quit it if you could find me something just as good" Naniko said, grinning as the bag was tossed her way. She caught it and held it up so that she could see the glint of the tiny crystals against the fire's light. This would do, for now. She did try to keep a little bit of control...and she'd learned from her past experiences and kept her drugs in a locked box so Scorpius wouldn't get into them.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Her ears perked at her aunts question. She could explain how Cocaine worked on the brain and that not many other compounds could replicate such actions. Or she could just tell her that the drug she loved was one of a kind, supremely addictive and growing more scarce as time went on.

“Nothing matches those white rocks, just that the plant they come from can’t grow up here, so supply will continue to dwindle. Like my Meth supply, takes a chemistry lab to create.” She responded rather nonchalantly. Demi was a acid lover, loved to take vivid trips into her imagination, and sometimes she’d take uppers to keep herself up in the lab. A soft smile was given as she approached her aunt.

“I just worry about someday in the future having to deal with you detoxing” she said as her eyes met her aunts.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

wc: 438

Drugs had gotten her into a hell of a mess back in Crimson Dreams. She’d been a great leader, or so she had thought, until she had gotten into her cocaine addiction. Who was it that had introduced her to the drug? She couldn’t even remember any more. Some wolf or coyote. She wished that she could be around to thank them now. Naniko was in a much better place than she had been when she’d been leading that pack with the wolf Savina; the female was little more than a power hungry traitor in Naniko’s eyes, having turned the rest of the pack against her after Savina’s child had gotten into her stash. No, she hadn’t hidden the drugs…but she hadn’t given them to the whelp either. She hoped it had taught the little brat a lesson or at least fucked her up a bit.

What was in the past was in the past, but much of what had happened to her back then affected where she was now. She did occasionally wonder what was going on with her old pack, but usually gave up on the thought to think about something more interesting, like grass growing or ice forming on a still lake. It would be accurate to say that in Naniko’s mind, a fair amount of bitterness still remained for that pack and the wolves within it. She no longer considered Mati a part of her family and wouldn’t admit to having birthed her after the girl’s betrayal of her mother, her girl being her last physical tie to that place. It had probably sucked to grow up with a rapist father and a crack head for a mother.

That thought made her desire the crack all the more, which brought her back to the present. What was Demi’s drug of choice? She seemed to like many of the same things as Naniko. ”I like the weed, too.” She said in reply to Demi’s first words, taking a pinch from her baggie and holding it to her nose. She breathed in and felt the familiar stinging sensation, but that was soon replaced with the familiar comforting feeling that the drug gave her. Ahhh. She hadn’t realized how much she had missed this. She’d been getting by on less and less of the stuff, and this would hold her for a little while.

”Haven’t had meth..Hmm. How do you make that?” Demi expressed concern about Naniko’s detoxification and the female gave a laugh, shoulders shaking. ”I’ll chase my high as long and hard as I can…but when it’s gone, it’s gone. I’ll deal with that then.”

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

How do you make meth, was a question and the answer was like trying to explain to a ant why wolves breathed air. Without a firm understanding in chemistry Demi might as well have been speaking a forgotten language. But her aunt could be quick to anger if she allowed herself too much freedom with her words toward her, and seeing as she was the head bitch of this pack she didn’t feel like pushing her already expiring luck so far.

“Meth requires a lot of chemicals, a chemistry lab, patience and a lot of free flowing air. Caves are not the best places to make it, very dangerous. If I do reopen my lab which I will for my LSA and my endeavors to make LSD then I will need a place to make it outside of these caves” her comment was more to make sure that her Aunt understood that these rarer drugs where much harder to come by, and very dangerous to make.

“So right now I keep those stashes very hidden and don’t use much. Never know when I’ll be able to make another batch. “ she said in a joking manner. Demi was probably the only one in the pack that understood her Aunts addictions, because you never really know what it is to be an addict unless you where or are one, and Demi always loved to indulge in her endeavors.

“If I make a successful batch of LSD one of these days, you’ve gotta try it with me!” she exclaimed in a chipper tone, almost like she had found some cute pair of jeans that she just wanted to try on. The little goddess was very much a girl and even though her kinks where quite dark, she still went about them as only a prissy girl would.

<style>
.demi-t49 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.demi-t49 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.demi-t49 b {color:#3F1612; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.demi-t49 {background-color:#41070C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/demitable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.demi-t49-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.demi-t49 .inner {margin:186px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#nani01b { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/naniko01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#nani01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#nani01b .ooc { color: #acacac; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#nani01b b { color: #b88810; }</style>

Would it be OK for us to wrap this one up pretty soon? I have so many other threads XDD I do enjoy rping with you :]] Just stretched a bit too thin! My own fault, really! wc: 326.

She needed an education in some of these drugs. Naniko had read some medical books when she was younger, but that had been years ago. When she had fled Crimson Dreams she had left many of her things behind; baubles, books, notebooks, and logs of the names of herbs and their uses had been among her most valued. She had only been able to take whatever she had been carrying with her at that moment, which had been the small bag that she carried her cocaine and a few of her jars of herbs in. She had nearly rejoined the pack after she’d come clean in the city and had discovered that she was pregnant, but had instead turned to the arms of her long-time friend Geneva and her Pheonix Valley pack.

Her life would have turned out very differently had she chosen to rejoin. She would have likely been at the bottom of the totem pole, a place that she had never imagined herself ever having to be. In Anathema she had loyal wolves who listened to, followed, and respected her for both who she was and what she could do. In this pack, she was somebody…whereas in the Crimson pack she would have been a nobody.

Demi explained about the making of meth and she nodded along with her. ”Where did you manage to learn these things, girl? I used to have books explaining the different types of drugs…but never how to make them. And I imagine the chemicals would be hard to come by. It’s a very rare talent that you have, indeed. Quite useful.” She could definitely use someone like Demi in the pack, and would think twice before ever thinking otherwise. ”And smart idea, to keep them outside of the caves. We have no ventilation system in here yet…but I’m working on ideas for that. I will have to try that...LSD sometime too, if you do manage to get it right” She laughed.

[/html]